• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Pretty terrible..

Get $10 gift card when you buy one of these games AND reserve Madden 25, Disney Infinity, GTA V, or Pokemon Y/X for $1:

Epic Mickey 2 (Wii)
Just Dance 4
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion 2
God of War Ascension
Tomb Raider (PS3 & 360)
NBA 2K13 (PS3/Wii U/360) - "ON SALE" FOR $49.99

Buy the Epic Mickey MOVE PS3 Bundle, get a $50 gift card ($299.99)

XBOX 360 250GB with Darksiders 2 and Batman AC bundle - $265 (save $34)

#2 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

I guess for LM:DM, it's the only deal since release week other than some of the BOGO XX% off deals. Didn't want to buy two titles so I may bite on this one unless by some miracle, BB or someone else has a better sale w/o GC.

#3 MattyB

MattyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Turrible, just turrible.
Posted Image

#4 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

$34 off MSRP for the No. 1 selling console in the country isn't bad.

#5 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Honestly, Gamestop is better than K-mart and Wal-mart.

Target is largely meh lately though. But all game deals have been pretty meh. I don't think we usually see much in the summer do we?

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#6 CrysisNYC

CrysisNYC

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I love Target deals.

Team Member discount
5% Red card discount
Price Match
Free Gift Card.
(And sometimes if something is damaged on the case you can haggle another 10% off)

Normally you can get a new game for its cheapest price on the market + get a $10 gift card. That sounds like a win-win.

#7 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Targets here seem to be cutting down on games gradually, except for the newest titles, it's hard to find anything. But, clearance still makes them better than Gamestop. Except for the great PS3 deal last April, I haven't bought anything at GS for at least 2 years now.

And K-Mart is worst by default unless you're near one of the very few stores that doesn't use the big $20 "value" stickers, has more than PS2 games full price locked up, and an employee within miles of you.

#8 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Turrible, just turrible.

Right here folks.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#9 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

GameStop specializes in gaming so they should have better sales on games. Gaming is such a small part of Target that you really can't expect the best. Remember though Target blew GS out of the water on the Pikachu 3DS XL.

I prefer Target over GS since I know I won't get gutted copies of games plus they have a clearance section.

Er, that's why GameStop doesn't have good sales. Like you said, they specialize in gaming. They don't have a wide variety of different products to cover the loss of profit via game sales like Best Buy or Target does.

#10 electraheart

electraheart

Are you faux real?

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

It's really not the "season" for gaming. It sucks but oh well.

#11 360maniac_com

360maniac_com

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Turrible, just turrible.

hehe, pretty much. Was definitely looking for more.
Find cheap xbox 360 games at 360maniac.com.

#12 kipz

kipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Is there anything to stop someone from pre-ordering one of those games for $1 and not picking it up? Seems like the only way I'm gonna get Luigi's Mansion for anything under $40.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Can target have a B2G1 free again? I finally have money to spend and really want to pick up a couple games.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#14 DestinyHero

DestinyHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Is there anything to stop someone from pre-ordering one of those games for $1 and not picking it up? Seems like the only way I'm gonna get Luigi's Mansion for anything under $40.

Nope, I reserved Lego City Undercover just to get the mini-figure. You just lose out on 1 dollar basically. Essentially since you get a 10 dollar gift card but lose 1 dollar it's a 9 dollar effective value gain.

#15 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Nope, I reserved Lego City Undercover just to get the mini-figure. You just lose out on 1 dollar basically. Essentially since you get a 10 dollar gift card but lose 1 dollar it's a 9 dollar effective value gain.

What? So you're telling me I can reserve say 10 games for 10 dollars and get 100 dollars in gift cards? Something's missing.

#16 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

What? So you're telling me I can reserve say 10 games for 10 dollars and get 100 dollars in gift cards? Something's missing.

Yeah, the fact that you'll have to buy ten $39.99+ games along with it.

#17 Winkin

Winkin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, the fact that you'll have to buy ten $39.99+ games along with it.

I loled. :lol:

#18 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Er, that's why GameStop doesn't have good sales. Like you said, they specialize in gaming. They don't have a wide variety of different products to cover the loss of profit via game sales like Best Buy or Target does.

No. Gamestop doesn't have "good" sales because they don't want to have them. They profit immensely either way with their business model, as droves of people buy from them without caring about finding the best deals.

Your comment implies that they somehow couldn't survive off of offering the same caliber of deals that others like Amazon, etc. offer regularly, when they would be just fine. They just want more moolah.

#19 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Target is largely meh lately though. But all game deals have been pretty meh. I don't think we usually see much in the summer do we?

They had a pretty good Red Bull sale last week :D

Got $20 to burn, unfortunately this isn't going to cut it

#20 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

No. Gamestop doesn't have "good" sales because they don't want to have them. They profit immensely either way with their business model, as droves of people buy from them without caring about finding the best deals.

Your comment implies that they somehow couldn't survive off of offering the same caliber of deals that others like Amazon, etc. offer regularly, when they would be just fine. They just want more moolah.

GS is very clear on where their bread is buttered...used games plain & simple. They make more on the $54.99 used game verse the $60 new. I thinkg the GS manager said they make $7-8 per new game. So if they give $35 for a used game in credit & sell it for $50-$55 the profit is $15-$25. And then look at their classsic overpriced used "deals".
Left for dead 2 is $45 used & they sell the new one for the $30 MSRP.

#21 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

They had a pretty good Red Bull sale last week :D

Got $20 to burn, unfortunately this isn't going to cut it

Yea wish the prices would drop just a little more

#22 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

Redcard might seem tempting with their occaisional big sale but I'd advise you to steer clear or always submit your online payment 5+ days in advance otherwise they hit you with HUGE late fees. >_> I've never had a problem in the past sending an e-payment 3 days before due date before I got a redcard. The 5% off isn't worth it. Amazon or BestBuy are the places to stick to.

#23 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Redcard might seem tempting with their occaisional big sale but I'd advise you to steer clear or always submit your online payment 5+ days in advance otherwise they hit you with HUGE late fees. >_>

yup, learned this the hard (stupid) way.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#24 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

I wonder if they'll sell any of their other PS3 bundles with the $50 GC by "accident" again. Supposedly they do it to clear out their inventory of items they're not allowed to sell below MSRP.

Edited by dothatthing, 24 April 2013 - 04:34 AM.

Posted Image

#25 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

The 3DS XL is still at 179.99$ correct?
I wonder when the 160$ will come around again. If I feel now when the sale was going on, I would have gotten one.

#26 enigma

enigma

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Redcard might seem tempting with their occaisional big sale but I'd advise you to steer clear or always submit your online payment 5+ days in advance otherwise they hit you with HUGE late fees. >_> I've never had a problem in the past sending an e-payment 3 days before due date before I got a redcard. The 5% off isn't worth it. Amazon or BestBuy are the places to stick to.

yup, learned this the hard (stupid) way.

You guys know there's a REDcard debit card, right? It offers all the same major perks (5% off, free shipping on Target.com, extended returns) as their credit card, but just pulls the funds from an attached bank account. Take in your photo ID and a blank, voided check and they'll even give you a print-out that you can use on purchases until your card arrives. I just use my Target debit card at Target and my bank debit card everywhere else.

#27 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

^^

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

#28 zaxxon2000

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Price match at Target and then you get the 5% discount. It's a winner.

#29 nouri_54

nouri_54

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

pretty terrible..

get $10 gift card when you buy one of these games and reserve madden 25, disney infinity, gta v, or pokemon y/x for $1:

epic mickey 2 (wii)
just dance 4
pokemon mystery dungeon (3ds)
luigi's mansion 2
god of war ascension
tomb raider (ps3 & 360)
nba 2k13 (ps3/wii u/360) - "on sale" for $49.99

buy the epic mickey move ps3 bundle, get a $50 gift card ($299.99)

xbox 360 250gb with darksiders 2 and batman ac bundle - $265 (save $34)

hello, do you know what is the 5/5 to 5/11 ad for target? Thank you!!!

#30 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

I love Target deals.

Team Member discount
5% Red card discount
Price Match
Free Gift Card.
(And sometimes if something is damaged on the case you can haggle another 10% off)

Normally you can get a new game for its cheapest price on the market + get a $10 gift card. That sounds like a win-win.

This...So this.
Posted ImagePosted Image