$20 off God of War: Ascension (Regular or Collector's), GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

[quote name='GBAstar']Can we get the discount buy just providing out PUR card number or does this require a coupon?[/QUOTE]

The way the website states the promo, it seems to be automatic once your PUR cards is scanned in store or when you put it in online. There is no coupon.

[quote name='TooPoor']CAGs, what's the opinion on the CE? Did it show any sign of rarity?[/QUOTE]

limited gamestops around me have it in stock so it might be more rare than i thought

[quote name='TooPoor']CAGs, what's the opinion on the CE? Did it show any sign of rarity?[/QUOTE]

Not rare at all. All 3 of my local Gamestops have 2 or 3 in stock. They're even still in stock on Amazon.

Still, for $60 it's not bad. The statue is pretty flimsy but it's got decent detail. The steelbook is nice if you like those, and then you get a future pass for all future DLC, which will probably be all online stuff. It's not a bad package, just don't expect amazing quality.

[quote name='strait edge follower']limited gamestops around me have it in stock so it might be more rare than i thought[/QUOTE]

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Not rare at all. All 3 of my local Gamestops have 2 or 3 in stock. They're even still in stock on Amazon.

Still, for $60 it's not bad. The statue is pretty flimsy but it's got decent detail. The steelbook is nice if you like those, and then you get a future pass for all future DLC, which will probably be all online stuff. It's not a bad package, just don't expect amazing quality.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. Well for me, it's not a matter of the things you get for $60, but the possibility of it getting cheaper in the future (based on the current observations of the state). Well I still have time to decide.

I would say on the scale of Sony CE's with GT5 being rare and UC3 / KZ3 being mass produced this would be a LBP2 CE.

I have seen two at my local Best Buy and then 1 or 2 between my three local Gamestops. I don't believe my Target, Walmart or Toys R Us got any.

I would say this will probably hit a lower price (online) but when it does you'll have to scoop it up immediately as the resale value will most likely always be higher then the sale/clearance price.

yes it's extremely rare, that's why they are selling it for $20 off hurry up and load up...

I'm tempted to buy the CE and trade in the game for $28, paying ~$32 for the bonuses, but I don't know if that's a good value for me considering I've only beaten the first GoW and have the other four games in my backlog. :(

[quote name='havuk']yes it's extremely rare, that's why they are selling it for $20 off hurry up and load up...[/QUOTE]
-_-

EDIT: That is why I said signs of rarity. And your logic does not stand. Skyrim CE was cleared out for $60, and look at their prices now. As much as I want these CEs to keep dipping, that does not always happen, hence my call for opinions from savvy CAGs that kept a watch on this item because I didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']-_-

EDIT: That is why I said signs of rarity. And your logic does not stand. Skyrim CE was cleared out for $60, and look at their prices now. As much as I want these CEs to keep dipping, that does not always happen, hence my call for opinions from savvy CAGs that kept a watch on this item because I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Newegg offered the best clearance price at $50 at one point. Seems like a bargain now.

[quote name='TooPoor']-_-

EDIT: That is why I said signs of rarity. And your logic does not stand. Skyrim CE was cleared out for $60, and look at their prices now. As much as I want these CEs to keep dipping, that does not always happen, hence my call for opinions from savvy CAGs that kept a watch on this item because I didn't.[/QUOTE]Granted, not as many people liked GoW: Ascension compared to Skyrim, so the CE might last longer, but what do I know? :roll:

im trying to sell the insides except the statue for around 60$ and turn that money into a gamestop gift card so i can replace the credit i spent on this ce. if im not able to ill prob return it

[quote name='Vigilante']Granted, not as many people liked GoW: Ascension compared to Skyrim, so the CE might last longer, but what do I know? :roll:[/QUOTE]
I know, all I am trying to do is to disapprove his logic on "it was discounted, hence will not be 'rare'".

Plus, "rare" has different levels on CAG. Being discounted $20 will probably indicate a near zero chance of it being extra valuable for flipping, but does not necessarily amount to the impossibility of this being close to the lowest it will go.

[quote name='YBX87']what does low stock mean you use gamestop stock locator? no stock at all?[/QUOTE]Typically it means they have one copy left, but don't quote me on that. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Vigilante']Typically it means they have one copy left, but don't quote me on that. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

the gamestop i checked online said low in stock and they did acually have exactly 1 left lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']the gamestop i checked online said low in stock and they did acually have exactly 1 left lol[/QUOTE]Didn't I just say not to quote me on that?! :lol: :booty:

Sorry for the double-post, but I figured updating this would be helpful to those who might have missed it. I picked up a sealed CE today and I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it. :)

Im pretty sure low in stock means just one left as well.

Edit: Do the CEs of Ascension also have the PS AllStars Voucher for Isaac and Zeus? Because if they do technically I can look at it as $50 since I want to buy them anyways for $10 on PSN. SO TEMPTED.

Is the CE not supposed to weigh very much? It feels lighter than I was expecting, like 5 lb. or something (just an estimate). :|

[quote name='Vigilante']Is the CE not supposed to weigh very much? It feels lighter than I was expecting, like 5 lb. or something (just an estimate). :|[/QUOTE]

The statue itself is meh. The base is feels very cheap and hollow, but Kratos is actually pretty well made. I mean, it was only $20 more than the regular and they still managed to pack all the DLC, soundtrack, and a freaking statue along with it. Brings back the good times of cheap statues such as Bioshock 1.

[quote name='Qrusher14242']when i went in today, they mentioned this and they said it was only for today. Were they wrong?[/QUOTE]Yes. The product page on Gamestop.com clearly states the end date for this promotion as 4/24.

Slightly off-topic, but I found the CE edition in my local Target (WA) for 59.99 today. I can't find it on the website, and it wasn't a 'clearance' item - it was just marked on the shelves as per regular items, if GS is OOS, Target may have some to satisfy your appetite.

I bought one AC3 CE & 2 GOW CE's when target was doing the b2g1...
1st GS converts the AC3 to pre-owned & now I can return/rebuy & pm the GOW ones. I'll have to see if there's some BB's that have it in stock 1st but I don't remember seeing anything but tomb raider ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guitarguy']How long is this valid for?[/QUOTE]

Really? Try reading the freaking title if you cant even read the OP. You asked for that one.

[quote name='gamechampion']How long is this sale on for?[/QUOTE]I really hope you're being sarcastic--it's in the thread title! :roll:

[quote name='guitarguy']How long is this valid for?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamechampion']How long is this sale on for?[/QUOTE]
:cold:

[quote name='etcrane']So wait ... this is God of War ... is it some kind of a game and is it on sale?[/QUOTE]

What's a Gamestop?

Thanks OP, I figured since I wanted to sell the figure this was better in case the figure drops in value when/if the CE ever hits 30 bucks on Amazon.

Can anyone confirm if this is still going on today? Would love to pick up the CE because there is one in my area.

bread's done
Back