• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#241 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Found a sealed copy at my store. ~$8 after employee discount! :bouncy:

My experience was nearly the same. Except, the cashier said they had a used copy if I wanted it. I said no because the new copy rang up cheaper. Duh.

Was an uninformed sale. Unless they are checking the website, they wouldnt have known about it. I read all the emails our store gets, there was no mention of this sale. It's just something they did randomly. Probably since Beyond Two Souls is coming out soon.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#242 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Got bored durin the installation process. Kinda messed up... But...
Posted Image

#243 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

You don't need to be a PRO member.

The only way you'll get display copy is if they are out of stock of it in their drawers or they are complete tools...(most GS members are :D )

Actually we always check the drawers first if a customer brings up the display copy of a new game.... otherwise we have to reorganize the wall and find a game to fill the hole.

#244 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I thought they only gut the display copy, which would normally be the last copy. It'd suck if the last copy was actually factory sealed.

We usually do have to have a display copy of every new game, which is why the last one is sometimes gutted. But there are times when a game ISNT on display so the last one would be sealed still.

#245 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Called in for pick up and they accepted the discount price.
Went to go pick it up but since I lost my ID they couldn't let me have it, even though I'm already 20...
Going to go tomorrow again with my passport or something. Dammit, why can't they just be chill like the people at smoke shops...oh wait, this is Gamestop.

Because we're supposed to card if you look under 40, akin to alcohol/cig sales... we'd get fired if we didnt card you. So we play it safe and ask whoever we think is possibly underage. We dont make the rules, blame the ESRB and get a new ID/license (which you should have anyways IMO)

#246 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Update since no one else could answer my question:

NO you can NOT order for free shipping to home from in store with this. The discount does NOT apply. Huge pain in the ass. I had to order a copy online for the full price to ship to home in store, and buy the crappy gut coppy in store. The guy said i could return the gut under the full priced online order when it comes in and put a note on my reciept about it. Big ass hassle

So those who wanted to, looks like you cant do that

Three things about ordering this off Gamestop.com:
1) You get free shipping if you order $25+ worth of stuff.
2) Heavy Rain Director's Cut counts as $19.99 towards free shipping (-$10 coupon applies at the end of the transaction automatically if you have a PUR number, on the payment screen). Only one copy per order gets the discount.
3) You only need to add a $5.XX+ item to qualify for free shipping, such as Red Faction Armageddon for PS3 or 360 ($5.99). Keep it if you want, or return it to a store you dislike. ;)

how is shipping free for over $25? I thought that shipping code didn't work anymore
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#247 invizibleskratchpikl

invizibleskratchpikl

Standing On My Pedals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Not a bad deal if you plan on getting GoW: Ascension and Heavy Rain: DC together, and you're a PUR member:

The code GSW1NS takes $10 off in-stock games & accessories totaling $69.99 or more. After PUR promos for GoW: Ascension & Heavy Rain: DC, as well as GSW1NS , the total comes out to $39.99 before tax. Heavy Rain: DC would be "free."

#248 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Picked up a sealed copy in-store today; the manager was surprised to see the price drop to $9.99, evidently he doesn't read his own store's ads.

Im replying to everyone apparently lol.... its not in our store ad. My store didnt know either until i told them.

#249 CallOfGoaty

CallOfGoaty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Went to one GameStop and unfortunately they only have an "opened" "new" copy which sucks since I was just planning on keeping the game for now. But oh well I guess I'll try another GameStop.

#250 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Got my store's last new copy. Traded in Heavy Rain classic for $6 base, so this was only a few bucks.

#251 doctor lollypop

doctor lollypop

Professional Procastinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Update since no one else could answer my question:

NO you can NOT order for free shipping to home from in store with this. The discount does NOT apply. Huge pain in the ass. I had to order a copy online for the full price to ship to home in store, and buy the crappy gut coppy in store. The guy said i could return the gut under the full priced online order when it comes in and put a note on my reciept about it. Big ass hassle

So those who wanted to, looks like you cant do that

i dont think any rational person would have even thought of this convoluted idea

#252 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I picked this up, but I was disappointed that I could not stack this deal with a $5 off coupon form the powerup rewards website. Kinda mad that I now have to find something by the 31st of May before my coupon expires. (just heads up in case anyone was going to try to do what I did.)

#253 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Picked up a sealed copy yesterday, thanks op.

#254 SkywardKing

SkywardKing

El-Skyward Magnifico

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

I picked this up, but I was disappointed that I could not stack this deal with a $5 off coupon form the powerup rewards website. Kinda mad that I now have to find something by the 31st of May before my coupon expires. (just heads up in case anyone was going to try to do what I did.)

Why couldn't you stack the $5 dollars off coupon? I was told that if i had mine i could have used it with the sale ( i sadly didn't have it with me ) and i've done it before with other discounted games at gamestop. I think someone made a mistake.

#255 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I've also been told that the pur coupons can't be stacked with sales.

#256 D23

D23

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

my gamestop only have a used copy, would that work or only new copy got the sale?

also can i signed up to be a PUR member at the store and activate it theere at the store? do i have to go online to activate it?

#257 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

my gamestop only have a used copy, would that work or only new copy got the sale?

also can i signed up to be a PUR member at the store and activate it theere at the store? do i have to go online to activate it?

no, yes & no.

#258 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Anyone know if there is a black label version of the the director's cut, or was it only released as a Greatest Hits title?

#259 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anyone know if there is a black label version of the the director's cut, or was it only released as a Greatest Hits title?

I want to say that there was a very limited run of Director's Cut copies in clear cases, but I'm going from memory of what I saw a few years ago and can't confirm.

#260 HooBallz

HooBallz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I put 10,000 Power Up Rewards points towards a $10 coupon to make this free. Thanks Op.

#261 Echotech83

Echotech83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Picked up a sealed copy today, traded in a game and got it for $4.59. Thanks OP
Currently Playing: :360: Borderlands 2 :ps3: Ni no kuni :wiiu: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Super Metroid :pc: Bioshock Infinite :3ds: Shovel Knight, Pokemon Y, Bravely Default :xb1: Titanfall, Watch Dogs
fs_overall.png
3DS friend code: 5129-0757-6682 (PM me if you add me)

#262 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

99% sure it was only in the red GH case.

#263 Blankman

Blankman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Picked up a copy & it was a red cased. Thanks, OP! :D

Edited by Blankman, 22 April 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#264 D23

D23

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

wen to gamestop to get it, they said they have in stock but they couldnt find any in their drawer

:(

#265 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Got one gutted copy. The gs I went to was weird..it was a gutted new copy but when I gave it to him to ring up, he sealed it for me. Weird. Was 10 and change. Guy wasn't aware of the deal and I never mentioned anything about it.

#266 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

wen to gamestop to get it, they said they have in stock but they couldnt find any in their drawer

It's called employee layaway :rofl:

#267 D23

D23

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

It's called employee layaway :rofl:

lol i knew it!

o well gonna check another gamestop tomorrow

#268 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Not a bad deal if you plan on getting GoW: Ascension and Heavy Rain: DC together, and you're a PUR member:

The code GSW1NS takes $10 off in-stock games & accessories totaling $69.99 or more. After PUR promos for GoW: Ascension & Heavy Rain: DC, as well as GSW1NS , the total comes out to $39.99 before tax. Heavy Rain: DC would be "free."

Unfortunately for me the Ascension CE is only available in store, and I can't apply a coupon in store can I? Otherwise its $20 off of either version of Ascension right now for PUR members, $10 off with GSW1NS, and half off of Heavy Rain for PUR members, would this be accurate?

#269 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

That definitely looks like they kept it.

Got one gutted copy. The gs I went to was weird..it was a gutted new copy but when I gave it to him to ring up, he sealed it for me. Weird. Was 10 and change. Guy wasn't aware of the deal and I never mentioned anything about it.

It gets sealed because that's how they can see if you open a "new" copy. The sticker they use should be a kind that folds and doesn't reseal well. They'll see if you removed it and tried putting it back.

My local one didn't have a copy, so I guess I'm going back online to work out that glitch.

#270 ancientbarb

ancientbarb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

That definitely looks like they kept it.

Because the game is so damn rare huh? :applause: