CAGcast #321: Private Podcast Experience

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 thakingrocka

thakingrocka

El Profesor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

I played the Injustice demo. It was clunky, boring, and visually bland. I am not really sure what everyone sees in it. Also, I agree with Shipwreck that DC's characters generally just don't have that personality "pop" that they need.

As for the gym situation, my gym is very similar. I don't care much though if people of odd shapes and sizes walk around in the nude. What does bother me is when people really stink. There are showers, towels, paper towels, and sinks. People should also have deodorant in their bags. They should not sit around stinking up the joint for the rest of us. I never spend more time than necessary in the locker room. These stank ass motha ******* sit around all day counting tiles on the ceiling, and I want to kick them ... right in the stink.

#32 CdnArmy33

CdnArmy33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Wanted to comment on the Ghost thing. I'm 40 and as the years have gone by i have met.

Someone who had the classic Near death experience floating out of his body thing. He is still an atheist.
Someone who saw a light flying around the sky at impossible speeds and he is an amateur astronomer.
Someone who saw a classic ufo up close when he was 10 or so. Spinning disk the whole thing. Reported by many people at that time in that area.
Someone who saw their deceased brother in law after giving birth and tending her new child.
Someone who with 3 friends drove through a "ghost" while driving. They all saw it. non religious.

I have found that if you don't dismiss what people see and experience and don't make fun of them you will be amazed by what people will tell you. Unfortunately it is a normal thing culturally to make fun of people who admit to these experiences. Most people keep it to themselves.

Not saying any of this is real. But i believe the experiences are real. Who knows what it is.

Love the show!

Carl

#33 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Yes, there are eShop games on the Wii U. You probably don't hear anything about them because they're few and far between. There are ten eShop games so far released in the past six months with a few exclusives (Toki Tori 2, Nano Assault Neo, and Chasing Aurora) and the next game comes out in a few weeks. They really should've split up their eShop development between 3DS and Wii U a bit better so that Nintendo at least had a game or two out during the drought.

My condolences to Cheapy's iPad.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#34 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

wanted to comment on the ghost thing. I'm 40 and as the years have gone by i have met.

Someone who had the classic near death experience floating out of his body thing. He is still an atheist.
Someone who saw a light flying around the sky at impossible speeds and he is an amateur astronomer.
Someone who saw a classic ufo up close when he was 10 or so. Spinning disk the whole thing. Reported by many people at that time in that area.
Someone who saw their deceased brother in law after giving birth and tending her new child.
Someone who with 3 friends drove through a "ghost" while driving. They all saw it. Non religious.

I have found that if you don't dismiss what people see and experience and don't make fun of them you will be amazed by what people will tell you. Unfortunately it is a normal thing culturally to make fun of people who admit to these experiences. Most people keep it to themselves.

Not saying any of this is real. But i believe the experiences are real. Who knows what it is.

Love the show!

Carl

qft
Posted Image

#35 Tankcore

Tankcore

Unmotivated CAG

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I think Cheapy needs to write up two resumes, walk his happy ass down to Nintendo's headquarters, then to Capcom's headquarters, and apply for CEO of both companies. Boom, problem solved, they'll be making the English and Japanese versions in parallel and Capcom's sales expectations will be more realistic.

Also for those interested in Injustice, just buy the wally-world version, getting the Arkham skins and Mortal Kombat Vs. DC is pretty decent.

Shame on Shipwreck for not knowing Captain Marvel was a child when he powered down. I know this and the only comics I buy have Deadpool in the title.

Edited by Tankcore, 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM.
Editied for mispeling

#36 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

A healthy dose of skepticism towards things that seem to fly in the face of everything that is known can also be a good thing.

#37 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I've got a suggestion for people that want to give back to the podcast. Instead of a straight up donation maybe send in and give the hosts a few Steam/XBLA/PSN game codes to give away on social media or the CAGcast. Everyone loves a contest.

To me, it reflects a lot better than "begging" for money. Goodwill and promotion should help, no?

Don't forget those sponsors for the show too, they've been absent lately. I saw a TV commercial for Audible the other day, advertising 2 free books with their referral. I immediately thought back to when the CAGcast had a free trial+book code.

I feel compelled to post because that kickstarter that raised how ever many thousands of dollars for a freaking podcast isn't just lame, it's downright wrong.

#38 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Great show guys!

After listening to the podcast I feel even more compelled to pick up Injustice. I just am hesitant that there is not enough "content" to warrant full price, if that makes sense? I'm not a huge comic fan (besides Batman), but did enjoy the latest Mortal Kombat. I'm sure I'll end up caving. Those that have taken the plunge, pretty worth it?

#39 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Its got about the same amount of content as the last MK game.

#40 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

C'mon Cheapy, the Superman vs Captain Marvel fight was pure fan service. It was awesome.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#41 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I feel compelled to post because that kickstarter that raised how ever many thousands of dollars for a freaking podcast isn't just lame, it's downright wrong.

There's nothing wrong with people paying for a service that otherwise would not be provided.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#42 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wombat

Why does a person NEED to like DC? You acted like shipwreck had to like DC and that it was the weirdest thing in the world that he didn't and how he wished it would have been mortal kombat. I'm in the same boat. I don't like DC whatsoever. Whats the point of unrelatable characters that do nothing for me? Yes, superman, the lamest super hero in the world that can only be hurt by 1 thing..which is on another planet!
Posted Image

#43 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I totally agree with Wombat and Cheapy re: Nintendo. They are sorely out of touch with their consumer base. They cannot sustain on running the way they have for the last 30 years, I mean WHY not translate the game when they develop it and put out the game around the same time across Jap and US. Why NOT give me a Cross game chat on a system that is 6 years newer than my Xbox 360. Why not give me a damn Video Game system, that doesn't rely on some wonky waggle or touch screen. Just a regular game man!

Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo just as much as the next guy, but as an effing 37 year old man, I simply am NOT interested in another iteration of some damn Yoshi Yarn game or whatever the junk. Big N, I used to swear by you guys, but what the Eff? Get with it, my Wii U is simply collecting dust, because I don't need to play the same game I played when I was 13, via the Virtual Console.

-Disillusioned Nintendo Fan #43,456
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#44 firemunkie

firemunkie

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

@wombat both of your ghost sightings can be explained, the tv coming on by its self could have been caused by a garage door opener or other strong rf device. The lights could be from a photo frame or mirror reflecting the light of a passing car. Both of these would occur a lot in my home as a kid and would spook the shit out of me.

#45 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Its got about the same amount of content as the last MK game.

Thanks Cheapy. I'll end up giving it a go then.

#46 Davo1111

Davo1111

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

wombat was talking about his ghost experience. Probably some kids with a telescope and a remote turning on the tv

#47 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

How about selling CAG swag? I would buy a CAG t-shirt to support the show and the website, as I'm sure a lot of people would. And I also need a new CAG "Play Cheap" bracelet, mine looks like crap.