Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Video Games Gold Box for Tuesday 4/23: GoW: Judgement $34.99, Halo 4 $29.99

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#181 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Was gonna bite on VLR from the 20% sale @Aksys but this is a better deal + free shipping. Still gotta pick up a copy of 999 from them though.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#182 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

If nothing else, saying it's ok by buying this game is setting a VERY dangerous precident. How long before that $60 retail game forces you to grind for 1,000 hours to earn the equivalent of the BFG or Light Arrows or w/e? How long before it takes 10,000 hours?

If you think devs are going to incorporate microtransactions without doing whatever they can to coerce gamers into using it, then I will redirect you to the successful F2P MMO's that are everywhere. Take Star Trek Online for instance (not that successful I guess lol but an MMO I occasionaly play). Everything in the cash shop can be bought with in game currency, but it will take MONTHS (not days or weeks, but yes, months) of grinding before you can get any one of the upper level items from the shop without real world money. Now I forgive it in games like that, because they are F2P. But asking for the same thing in a retail game is something nobody should tolerate, and it's only a matter of time before EA or someone else takes this to the next logical step. Dead Space 3 is EA's way of testing the waters; to see if they can get away with incorporating microtransactions into a $60 title, and in the single player no less. They will expand on this in the future, and make microtransactions all but mandatory when they think they can get away with it.

What's next for Dead Space 4? How long before they incorporate those mystery boxes where you have to pay a $1 to unlock them for that one in a million chance of a super BFG? How long before they start selling health and ammo (too many games already sell experience boosters)? They keep pushing this further and further, and I keep thinking they've gone too far to the point where it will bite them in the ass, but it never seems too. I am starting to wonder if they could get away with just adopting the full fledged arcade model where you pay $$$ for every life or game played.

OR how about you stop ranting about it in a thread where nobody cares and just let it take care of itself. If microtransactions are truly the devil's work then nobody will buy them. EA sees the results and there won't be any in Dead Space 4.

Problem solved. Buying the game itself won't set the precedent for microtransactions. Buying microtransactions creates future microtransactions. You see how that works?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#183 DojimaDragon

DojimaDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

I thought the bundle had Ascension too?

The god of war bundle includes a copy of GOW:Acension and god of war saga games. So you get 6 games in total. 2 of them being downloadable vouchers. But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.

#184 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

The god of war bundle includes a copy of GOW:Acension and god of war saga games. So you get 6 games in total. 2 of them being downloadable vouchers. But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.

So they expired already? damn. I want to sell the gow saga on amazon but they probably dont take cardboard sleeves.

#185 Malarkschwag

Malarkschwag

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

So they expired already? damn. I want to sell the gow saga on amazon but they probably dont take cardboard sleeves.

The cardboard sleeves say "NOT FOR RESALE" and have a UPC of all 0s. Amazon will not accept it for trade in. You could send in just the disk in an empty replacement case but you will only get the trade value for an "acceptable" copy.

Amazon does not check or care about voucher codss so you don't have to worry about that.

#186 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

But I do think the 2 vouchers have an expiration date of march 31 if I'm not mistaken.

If its like the 30 day PS+ voucher, it may say that it expired but it still works.

#187 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

The cardboard sleeves say "NOT FOR RESALE" and have a UPC of all 0s. Amazon will not accept it for trade in. You could send in just the disk in an empty replacement case but you will only get the trade value for an "acceptable" copy.

Amazon does not check or care about voucher codss so you don't have to worry about that.

So if I send the disc for GoW HD collection and GoW 3 disc I could get the $21 trade-in value plus the extra $20? It's risky I don't know if I should pull the trigger blahh! That's the only thing stopping me from buying the bundle so i can bring down the price to $240 after all the hussle.
Posted Image

#188 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Can Best Buy PM a price that is a gold box sale?

#189 Stanley the Bugman

Stanley the Bugman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

If its like the 30 day PS+ voucher, it may say that it expired but it still works.

Or Sony could tell you that you're out of luck like they did with the copy of Uncharted 2 that I bought for a friend.

#190 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

OR how about you stop ranting about it in a thread where nobody cares and just let it take care of itself. If microtransactions are truly the devil's work then nobody will buy them. EA sees the results and there won't be any in Dead Space 4.

Problem solved. Buying the game itself won't set the precedent for microtransactions. Buying microtransactions creates future microtransactions. You see how that works?

This is very true. However, I also think of it as an offset to dev costs which is ok in my book. I would much like to see Dead Space 4 made as the ending is one hell of a cliff hanger.

Either way you go about it is fine. Just buy the game! If you don't like the microtransactions don't buy them!

xivpads.png

#191 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Can Best Buy PM a price that is a gold box sale?

Can they, yes. But it would be an exception as it is an exclusion to the policy.

#192 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

The cardboard sleeves are a deal breaker, plus I hate the red console. But for those who don't mind, the code expiration date has been extended for a year. You can see this on the listing for the God of War Saga on Amazon.

Between getting my taxes back and AWD, I'm sorely tempted to pick up a PS3. Holding out to see if something more enticing gets announced at E3.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#193 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Can they, yes. But it would be an exception as it is an exclusion to the policy.

I have $10 BB credit, and if I could get Forza Horizon LE for $10, that would be the deal of the year!

#194 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Or Sony could tell you that you're out of luck like they did with the copy of Uncharted 2 that I bought for a friend.

Your point?

#195 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

I miss the Hitman deal. When I woke up at 7:30, I looked at it and it was sold out already :(
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#196 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

I redeemed my code on 4/2/13 just fine. They extended the expiration date but did not say exactly when. I think the Amazon page mentioned another year.

#197 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Troll much? That's like saying "People actually play their videogames in HD?"

My eyes hurt from playing in 3D! I never use it on mine.

VLR is coming soon.... :D

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#198 WasabiJoe

WasabiJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yup, the 3d on the 3ds gives me a headache sadly.
Going to have to get that Virtue's Last Reward. Also have to finally play through 999 at some point I suppose.

#199 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I'd like to try Virtue's Last Reward, but I probably should wait and see if it ever hits $20.

#200 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have a feeling GOW: Judgement is gonna be $15 very soon...
I can wait on it. Especially now that I know the DLC is a rip off.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#201 ImpactPlayer

ImpactPlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Didn't GOW: Ascension go for $29.99 at TRU last week? I couldn't bring myself to bite at that price, with the backlog I have. When can I expect it to drop to $20 - BF or Christmas?

#202 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Placed my order for VLR on Vita. Stoked to finally play this and 999 once I pick that up.

#203 whyDerrick

whyDerrick

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

I just bought DMC for 30 through amazon wherehouse. Get it on Sat.

After months of lurking, I registered just to thank you for that.
So thanks.

#204 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

ZE: VLR (Vita) GET!

#205 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

So I've read in a place or two there's supposed to a digital version of VLR available. Where is it? Because I can't find it on the eShop. Do you think this will be a rare game to find in the future?

Edit: Apparently NA did not get this available on the eShop.

Question remains though, do you think this will become a rarer gem or will they do a reprint like with 999?

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#206 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

So I've read in a place or two there's supposed to a digital version of VLR available. Where is it? Because I can't find it on the eShop. Do you think this will be a rare game to find in the future?

I looked yesterday and couldn't find it either. I think the game might be rare in the future. Many retailers don't seem to carry it in my region.

I picked up my copy of VLR for 3DS just now :D So excited!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#207 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

i want vlr for my vita but i have no amazon credit to spare :(
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#208 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

i want vlr for my vita but i have no amazon credit to spare :(

don't you have tons of gs credit, you can always transfer gs credit to amazon through trade ins

#209 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

don't you have tons of gs credit, you can always transfer gs credit to amazon through trade ins

Nope corporate shut that down sadly.

#210 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Dam almost pulled the trigger on Virtue's Last Reward but going to hold out on getting a $20-25 price on it.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,957 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014