How do you transfer game data from one ps3 to another?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hmm am i missing something? How can you transfer game data from one PS3 to another? Not just the save games, that lets you copy. I mean the stuff under the 'game data utility' tab. The stuff like DLC and game unlock stuff.

How the hell do you transfer that? I cant seem to find a way to do it, i want to move some stuff like my Disgaea 4 Flonne, and other stuff over to my newer ps3 but i see no option to do it at all. I wish this was simple like the xbox =P

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm am i missing something? How can you transfer game data from one PS3 to another? Not just the save games, that lets you copy. I mean the stuff under the 'game data utility' tab. The stuff like DLC and game unlock stuff.

How the hell do you transfer that? I cant seem to find a way to do it, i want to move some stuff like my Disgaea 4 Flonne, and other stuff over to my newer ps3 but i see no option to do it at all. I wish this was simple like the xbox =P[/QUOTE]

You can't - you can only back-up and restore to the same PS3 (via the back-up utility), the only other option is to re-download everything from the store. Assuming this is only your 2nd PS3 then there shouldn't be any issues (if you already have your account on 2 PS3's, then there are issues).

well... shit. You sure? That seems really really dumb. My only option then is to re-d.load everything? What happens if its something that isn't around anymore, like the old ultimate alliance marvel characters that get pulled.. then im just totally fucked?

What a god awful system if thats the case. Why wouldn't they put a way to physically copy the file over. Let me verify it online or something afterwards if they want, but let me transfer it somehow. Even just moving instead of copying would be fine

bread's done
Back