Best Buy - Select games, $29.99-$14.99

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

He added links to the games to make it easier for us to get to the deals.

So I can tweet it out with links.

CheapyD isn't getting his money without it.

oh, my bad, didn't realize the OP didn't have links.

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#62 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

If you are expecting something like the 64 or gamecube Paper mario you likely wont like it. If you just take it for what it is its a pretty fun game in its own right.

I just started it and it already starts out much better than the Wii game. That game had WAAAAAAY too much talking in it.

xivpads.png

#63 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I just started it and it already starts out much better than the Wii game. That game had WAAAAAAY too much talking in it.

personally I loved the dialog in SPM, found it rather humorous. Not sure what everyone disliked about it, it's one of my top 5 wii games:)

#64 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

So I ordered :360: Bioshock Rapture Edition online for in-store pickup but bad luck, "not available at this location." Called up and there are none within reasonable driving distance and none in stock for shipping. If I ordered using an RZ certificate and it ends up being canceled, what happens to the associated code I used? Can I use it again?

TIA.

#65 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Bio is tempting the problem is my reward cert is 55$ TF? I don't think I have ever spent 55$ at once at bestbuy now I have to.

#66 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Bio is tempting the problem is my reward cert is 55$ TF? I don't think I have ever spent 55$ at once at bestbuy now I have to.

Get Amazon GCs or Steam Wallet, cant you do that with Reward Certs?

#67 citizenlowell

citizenlowell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Does the DLC for the Bioshock pack include Mirvera's Den?

#68 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Does the DLC for the Bioshock pack include Mirvera's Den?

yep, includes all the DLC. It's actually just a bit down the page:

Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2.

#69 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Thanks picked up Paper Mario. I've read the reviews when it came out but with my large backlog decided to wait on it. Still need to pick up Starfox and Kid Icarus whenever.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#70 MalakianXVII

MalakianXVII

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Finally a PERFECT opportunity to purchase Bioshock and none of the stores near me have it available...

Great... Just great...

#71 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm planning on platinuming bioshock pretty soon. It actually doesn't seem to hard, but the extra dificulty option added from the 360 release makes me imagine it's more difficult than 100%ing the achievements. Going to be fun though:)

Platinuming Bioshock isn't hard at all. While the Balls of Steel and No Vita-Chamber makes it a bit harder, there isn't much of a difference. Takes longer to kill Splicers but a Shotgun to the face will fix it. Killing Big Daddies is definitely the hardest part imo, but once you get the Chemical Thrower with Electric Gel and the Proximity Mines on Explosives, it'll be really easy. It's really fun. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#72 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Thanks picked up Paper Mario. I've read the reviews when it came out but with my large backlog decided to wait on it. Still need to pick up Starfox and Kid Icarus whenever.

I still need to pick up Starfox myself, but you missed a great deal on Kid Icarus at BestBuy a month or two ago for $15.

Right now I can't decide between Paper or Bio Rap. I traded in my copies of Bio 1 & 2 a couple months ago for about $20 credit in expectation of grabbing this complete set. Now that its the right price I don't seem to care as much. I also know this probably the best price I'll ever see on Paper.

#firstworldproblems

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#73 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

So I ordered :360: Bioshock Rapture Edition online for in-store pickup but bad luck, "not available at this location." Called up and there are none within reasonable driving distance and none in stock for shipping. If I ordered using an RZ certificate and it ends up being canceled, what happens to the associated code I used? Can I use it again?

TIA.

The points get refunded after x amount of days.

#74 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Platinuming Bioshock isn't hard at all. While the Balls of Steel and No Vita-Chamber makes it a bit harder, there isn't much of a difference. Takes longer to kill Splicers but a Shotgun to the face will fix it. Killing Big Daddies is definitely the hardest part imo, but once you get the Chemical Thrower with Electric Gel and the Proximity Mines on Explosives, it'll be really easy. It's really fun. :lol:

is that the platinum you have? I've just been hearing about it on podcast beyond, and looking over the list it seemed pretty feasible. I've really been itching to replay it anyway, so it's it'll kill two birds with one stone (even though I ought to be working on my backlog 8-))

#75 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

is that the platinum you have? I've just been hearing about it on podcast beyond, and looking over the list it seemed pretty feasible. I've really been itching to replay it anyway, so it's it'll kill two birds with one stone (even though I ought to be working on my backlog 8-))

No....that was for X-Men Destiny. :lol: I'm working on Bioshock right now, just need to find all the Recordings and buy all the Tonics. Same, wanted to replay it, figured I might as well do the Platinum as well.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#76 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well if you're talking about Bioshock 1, the platinum is doable, but can be frustrating. Like the only difficulty comes from killing big daddies, though most of them can simply be avoided. FOr the ones that you do fight, try to find "crafty" ways to kill them, like have a turret do most / all the damage if possible, since I recall big daddies eating ALL my ammo in the first game. Another thing to keep in mind is that some things can be missed. These include a log, a power to the people location, a secret room, I think taking a picture of a certain dead guy, saving every little sister (kill one and you must do another cycle or load prior to that for the trophy), and a few plasmids I think are misable. I strongly suggest using a guide or plan to do two cycles.

If you're talking about Bioshock 2, the platinum is pretty easy. Hardest / no Vita chambers is a joke and big daddies go down without much of a fight. The only difficulty in 2 is getting level 40 online (I think thats the final level online anyway). This will take HOURS of grinding regardless of having a team, so keep that in mind.

is there anything that keeps track of how many recordings you've picked up in each place? I can imagine it would get really annoying walking all over rapture looking for that last one, but can't remember if there was a counter of any sort.

I believe the game keeps track of what you did, but you would still need to compare it to a complete list and hope the missing one isn't impossible to get now. It's better to just follow a guide, since it will take WAY too long to figure out what and more importantly where the missing one is.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#77 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

No....that was for X-Men Destiny. :lol: I'm working on Bioshock right now, just need to find all the Recordings and buy all the Tonics. Same, wanted to replay it, figured I might as well do the Platinum as well.

is there anything that keeps track of how many recordings you've picked up in each place? I can imagine it would get really annoying walking all over rapture looking for that last one, but can't remember if there was a counter of any sort.

#78 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Well if you're talking about Bioshock 1, the platinum is doable, but can be frustrating. Like the only difficulty comes from killing big daddies, though most of them can simply be avoided. FOr the ones that you do fight, try to find "crafty" ways to kill them, like have a turret do most / all the damage if possible, since I recall big daddies eating ALL my ammo in the first game. Another thing to keep in mind is that some things can be missed. These include a log, a power to the people location, a secret room, I think taking a picture of a certain dead guy, saving every little sister (kill one and you must do another cycle or load prior to that for the trophy), and a few plasmids I think are misable. I strongly suggest using a guide or plan to do two cycles.

If you're talking about Bioshock 2, the platinum is pretty easy. Hardest / no Vita chambers is a joke and big daddies go down without much of a fight. The only difficulty in 2 is getting level 40 online (I think thats the final level online anyway). This will take HOURS of grinding regardless of having a team, so keep that in mind.

I looked over the guide, and am making sure I remember to pick up all the misable trophies and not killing whatshisface. I've already got a good number of the trophies on my first playthrough, though I couldn't bring myself to harvest the sisters anyway. I don't think I'll do 2 ever, simply because of the annoying online trophies. The only people that play now are almost all ridiculously good at the game, so I'd probably be looking at double the normal amount of grinding do to how few points I get.

I believe the game keeps track of what you did, but you would still need to compare it to a complete list and hope the missing one isn't impossible to get now. It's better to just follow a guide, since it will take WAY too long to figure out what and more importantly where the missing one is.

Yeah, I think what I might do is get a list of all of them sorted by location, and just check them off as I go. I really hate using guides for collectibles for some reason, but I think I might finally say heck with it and just use them when I really need to. Would like to get the last couple trophies from Uncharted 2 that I've been missing do to not being able to find those darn treasures:headache:

#79 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Does pS3 not have a "Rebirth" trophy? Cause they added ten more levels at some point making the online cap at 50. I know it was an achievement. Couldnt find a trophy guide saying there was one for ps3 though.

512847.png

#80 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Does pS3 not have a "Rebirth" trophy? Cause they added ten more levels at some point making the online cap at 50. I know it was an achievement. Couldnt find a trophy guide saying there was one for ps3 though.

There is, but that was via DLC.

Yeah, I think what I might do is get a list of all of them sorted by location, and just check them off as I go. I really hate using guides for collectibles for some reason, but I think I might finally say heck with it and just use them when I really need to. Would like to get the last couple trophies from Uncharted 2 that I've been missing do to not being able to find those darn treasures:headache:

I don't blame you, but you're going to waste a LOT of time by just winging it. While it is not impossible to find them all without a guide, it is certainly an unlikely event.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#81 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

probably does, but PS3 separates DLC trophies from the platinum, which is something I wish 360 games did.

#82 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Collectibles and online trophies/achievements are a completionists and trophy/ach whore worsts nightmare. Ive probably collected over 50000 collectibles across all games. :-#

512847.png

#83 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

You can keep track of the Logs in the Inventory Menu. You can find all the Logs, but the missable ones are the 1st Level and when you meet Andrew Ryan. To keep track of them, I just counted all the Logs I found in a level and compared them to another page.

And here is a walkthrough. http://www.visualwal...k/maps/maps.htm

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#84 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Collectibles and online trophies/achievements are a completionists and trophy/ach whore worsts nightmare. Ive probably collected over 50000 collectibles across all games. :-#

Haha, I'm so happy I broke out of that obsession. I remember plotting the best way to wrap up as many cheevos as possible in my first playthrough of games and it felt like work. I'm not sure where I lost sight of that along the way but Nintendo has it right leaving these things out. Since letting go I've remembered that games first and foremost are fun and regret the effort I'e wasted completting them. I may have had cheevos at 100% but my genuine enjoyment was far lower.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#85 Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, I'm playing Sticker Star right now, and I can already tell it's gonna be my least favorite of the series.

It's no longer an RPG at all, so because of that, there's no reason to fight enemies, I mean at all. You only get coins from battles, that's it.

I am liking it though, it's an alright game.

#86 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Haha, I'm so happy I broke out of that obsession. I remember plotting the best way to wrap up as many cheevos as possible in my first playthrough of games and it felt like work. I'm not sure where I lost sight of that along the way but Nintendo has it right leaving these things out. Since letting go I've remembered that games first and foremost are fun and regret the effort I'e wasted completting them. I may have had cheevos at 100% but my genuine enjoyment was far lower.

Okay well collectibles dont feel like work to me. Still fun for me to complete a game. Just hate when there are 100s of them. You must of really hated getting them or something.

512847.png

#87 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Grabbed Bioshock, just beat Infinite last night on 1999 Mode, and never finished Bioshock 1. thanks OP!

#88 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Grabbed Bioshock, just beat Infinite last night on 1999 Mode, and never finished Bioshock 1. thanks OP!

You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite

#89 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

Holy smokes! Your gamerscore is the king of the world...Impressive!

Finally in for Bioshock. Never played any of them but I have the RZ Certs to negate the cost and get it for nothing out of pocket and there are some within driving distance of me. (according to the website at least) Thanks for sharing OP.

#90 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite

Whoa, I didn't know that. Trophy-enabled too? If my order for :360: Rapture doesn't come through, I'll go with the :ps3: version of Infinite. Thanks for the info, and thanks to Krayzie for the info about RZ cert order cancelations.