Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy - Select games, $29.99-$14.99

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#91 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite

I have 360 and PS3. But I'm playing the Bioshock series on 360.

I beat Bio2, but probably never even got 1/4 of the way through Bio1. Just never got around to picking it back up.

#92 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Thanks OP! Grabbed Paper Mario and Castlevania (regretted not grabbing that one when they had it for $29.99 release week...have been waiting for it to go back on sale...you know, other than the uber-YMMV Target clearance weirdness).

#93 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

How is warfighter compared to the las MOH? I am not expecting anything out of multiplayer, however if single player is good I may consider...

Well, multiplayer is the best part of the package. I'd been eyeing Warfighter up since it released and finally bit when GameStop had it for $20. Personally the single player in the previous title was better. This one looks gorgeous but its super scripted. I'm talking enemies not reacting to bullets because you need to follow the script and use the weapon they intend. Like I said it looks sharp, you get a Battlefield 4 beta entry, and LE edition grants you the dlc maps. If anything the driving sections were the best part.

As for multiplayer it's pretty dead. There are games to be found in TDM and Warfighter but that's it. Menus are confusing, and so are the unlocks. It has a unique feel but it's inferior to CoD and BF3. Map designs are also rather weak.

Luckily GameStop had Deus EX PS3 for $7.50 because that's about what I got for Warfighter when I got rid of it.

#94 solidsaint

solidsaint

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Dose any one no how long the sale is as i can have is shipped to store. But i would like to no if i could get it in store tommorow or is it a one day sale any help much appreciated.

#95 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Whoa, I didn't know that. Trophy-enabled too? If my order for :360: Rapture doesn't come through, I'll go with the :ps3: version of Infinite. Thanks for the info, and thanks to Krayzie for the info about RZ cert order cancelations.

Yes, trophy enabled.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#96 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Dose any one no how long the sale is as i can have is shipped to store. But i would like to no if i could get it in store tommorow or is it a one day sale any help much appreciated.

I'm going to go out on a limb (though not a very huge limb) and say it's a 4-21 to 4-27 deal because it falls under THIS WEEKS OFFERS on the video game page here. http://www.bestbuy.c...id=abcat0701000

Best Buy's deals usually start on SUNs so I'd say you have the entire week. That's just my best guess of course.

#97 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

You're on 360 right? Because if not, B1 is actually on the PS3 version of infinite

is bioshock 1 on all copies of bioshock infinite for ps3? or just the first run/shipment copies?

#98 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

is bioshock 1 on all copies of bioshock infinite for ps3? or just the first run/shipment copies?

All copies at the moment, who knows when or if it will last.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#99 KornKid91

KornKid91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Bought Sticker Star cause I played the previous 3 so I had to. Wasn't that big on Super Paper Mario, heard some not so great things about this one so I'm bracing myself.

#100 peruvian_001

peruvian_001

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Paper Mario for 20 is excellent
I BELIEVE IN YOU

Watch me and my buddy stream classic games:

TwitchTV

Follow me on twitter to get updates about when we'll be streaming:

@Peru_el_Campeon

#101 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Paper Mario for 20 is excellent

Im going to be picking that up this week been wanting to get it

#102 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

Does bioshock infinite on Playstation 3 have the full BioShock+DLC or just the regular game only?
Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#103 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

All copies at the moment, who knows when or if it will last.

I don't see it plastered on some of the copies. The ones that have bioshock 1 say it on the cover.

xivpads.png

#104 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Does bioshock infinite on Playstation 3 have the full BioShock+DLC or just the regular game only?

Just the regular game, though that is more than enough.

#105 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Get Amazon GCs or Steam Wallet, cant you do that with Reward Certs?

Will look into. If not I'll call customer service and ask they break them into 20's since that is what my preferences are set to.
"Non-Qualifying Redemptions

Reward certificates are redeemable toward the purchase for any eligible product or service with a total purchase in excess of the amount of the certificate excluding tax. The following items are considered non-qualifying redemptions for which reward certificates may not be redeemed: purchases/rentals at rent-to-own locations inside Best Buy stores, prior purchases, purchase of Best Buy or Magnolia Gift Cards, Visa or MasterCard prepaid access cards, purchases made for resale, payment on any Best Buy Credit Card or Reward Zone program Credit Card, Miele appliances in AZ, CA or NV, , sales tax, jurisdictional fees, service charges, recycling fees and discounted Best Buy for Business or commercial purchases. Other exclusions may apply."

So AMZ cards are not restricted.
On AMZ you can buy GS giftcards for anyone who wants their credit to make a round world trip.

Edited by Desousa93, 22 April 2013 - 03:52 AM.

#106 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

In for Paper Mario.....thanks for sharing OP!

#107 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Just the regular game, though that is more than enough.

The only DLC worth it for either Bioshock game IMO is Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2, since it's the only story based DLC. All others are either challenge rooms or MP DLC.

#108 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Paper Mario was $14.99 at BB a month or so ago right?

#109 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

I bought Bioshock Ultimate Rapture the other week for $29.99, but I used a gift card. Will they still PM and give me a gift card? I'd love to use the $10 to get Medal of Honor.

EDIT:

$10 gift card plus $5 cash for Warfighter for those who aren't good at assuming lol.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#110 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Paper Mario was $14.99 at BB a month or so ago right?

No it was $19.99.

Professor Layton and Pokemon Black V2 were $14.99

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#111 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Keep wanting to pull the trigger on Mario Sticker Star... too many negative reviews. :/

cagSig.png515886.png

#112 kme06d

kme06d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Grabbed Paper Mario today. I wasn't planning on getting it this trip, but it was just staring at me with its $19.99 price and I gave in.

#113 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

No it was $19.99.

Professor Layton and Pokemon Black V2 were $14.99

Yeah I think I was confusing it with KH 3D as that was $14.99 at one point too.

#114 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Wow, Miracle Mask was 14.99?

I'm tempted to get Sticker Star, although the poor user reviews are really turning me away. The fact that the game concentrates on getting stickers to get to the next stage(some of which are impossible to locate without a guide), and the lack of RPG elements makes it sound really abysmal..at least compared to other Paper Mario games.

Only considering it because I haven't gotten a game for my new 3DSXL yet, so I have quite a library to fill...
What I really want to see is Dark Moon go on sale, even for a slightly lower price. Want to get that free digital game lol

#115 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Is Dark Moon out in the wild? I've stopped in a bunch of local Targets, GSs, and the localish K-Mart and Wal-Mart. All are still sold out of physical copies of Dark Moon.

#116 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Is Dark Moon out in the wild? I've stopped in a bunch of local Targets, GSs, and the localish K-Mart and Wal-Mart. All are still sold out of physical copies of Dark Moon.

Yeah. I saw 6 copies at K mart yesterday.

#117 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

They are becoming increasingly harder to find, but not impossible. I haven't seen many copies on shelves here in the DFW area and we have tons of stores.

I have to return an item I purchased a few weeks ago that was $14.99, thinking about picking up MoH. I actually really enjoyed the multiplayer in the first one and want to give this one a try. Is it worth even a try + Battlefield 4 Beta or is it something I should skip all together?

#118 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm really tempted on Bioshock, but I already own the LEs for both games. I would be buying it just to have. That's not so unusual for me, but I'm tight on money right now... lol

Keep wanting to pull the trigger on Mario Sticker Star... too many negative reviews. :/

Did you like the first two? The game isn't perfect by any means, but it's far better than Super Paper Mario. In fact, most of my gripes with it are due to comparisons with the first two games. It's not as full fledged of an RPG, and I don't like that. On its own merits, though, it's really quite good.

Edited by Zaku77, 22 April 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#119 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'm really tempted on Bioshock, but I already own the LEs for both games. I would be buying it just to have. That's not so unusual for me, but I'm tight on money right now... lol

Did you like the first two? The game isn't perfect by any means, but it's far better than Super Paper Mario. In fact, most of my gripes with it are due comparisons with the first two games. It's not as full fledged of an RPG, and I don't like that. On its own merits, though, it's really quite good.

Personally I loved Super Paper Mario. It may have lost a lot of its RPG tropes, but it is leagues ahead of Sticker Star in design and gameplay. Sticker Star isn't enough of an RPG to be engaging and the rest that it brings to the table is padded with tedious backtracking. I feel Paper Mario franchise should be reinvented with every iteration anyway.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#120 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

i wish that sticker star was like the gamecube paper mario
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze