Amazon: Trade in $20 Worth of Games, Hardware, or Accessories, Get $20 Bonus

• Please log in to reply
937 replies to this topic

#331 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hell yeah $44 for FIFA 13 with this bonus. Not bad conisdering it was a Black Friday $25 game. I got paid $19 to rent the game for 6 months :D

#332 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Slightly off-topic but if you managed to lock in a TIV of $20.20 for the :360: Bioshock Rapture Edition shortly after this promo went live and you have Prime shipping, you could 'flip' it since the price is now $19.99.

#333 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, searching on both Amazon and Amazon Trade-In for the UPC on the copy I have brings up the same listing. Trying to initiate a trade-in from that adds a copy of the item with the different UPC in my trade-in cart, though.

No.

The inspectors don't use the UPC on the trade in slip. They just scan the game UPC and if it shows up in their database you're golden. It makes the process faster than manually reading off the UPC one digit at a time.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#334 argyle

argyle

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

It's been a while since I've traded w/ Amazon - what's their typical turn-around time been recently? Hoping I can get my credit before Soul Sacrifice comes out next week so I can get it on release. :)
Posted Image

#335 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

if someone want to trade Ps3 tomb raider to amazon to get $34 gift card, will you send the outer box case and artbook because the UPC is different from the outer box case and the game case ?Someone said he can trade the game back in amazon and keep the artbook, but it is far from the truth as amazon do mind the upc code. Is it possible to keep the artbook? as you know, if amazon rejects the game, I will lose the $20 promotion because the promotion is only 4/21-4/27
Tomb Raider
Platform: PlayStation 3 EAN: 0662248912776
Submitted Condition: Good Qty: 1
Expected Amount Per Item: $34.00

But the ps3 case one is 662248910420

#336 pdwayne

pdwayne

Dial "F" for Funny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Decisions, decisions... New Super Mario Bros U for 50 tradein w/ promo or Need for Speed: MW for 53? Only paid 30 for NFS
"I have a lot of work to do this afternoon. Those mines aren't going to sweep themselves." Jim - The Office

#337 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Caved in. Traded in NHL13 for about $21 and bonus. Not bad.

mer71.jpg

#338 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

This is a really good promotion. However, don't know what I want to trade in though.

That's my problem. I was going to trade in Injustice but I don't see it at all on the trade in page.

now do I trade Bioshock Infinite or Black Ops 2

I'm thinking Bioshock only because I hav'nt played Bioshock 1 or 2 and I think I want to play them first

#339 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

I don't really see a need to play the first two Bioshocks before Infinite. It's a new setting and for the most part it stands on its own aside from a few nods to the first games. It's not a long game (12 hours?) so if you have the time you can use the week and weekend to get through it. It definitely deserves a playthrough.

As for Injustice, did you try searching for the regular page for it and adding it to the trade in cart? See if you get the promotion eligible message.

#340 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

what are the qualifying items you get $20 off of? I'm confused by the wording of this. It doesn't sound like you just get $20 credit to do what you want with.

#341 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

BUY BUY BUY

SELL SELL SELL

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that is what it would sound like if Ric flair was a stockbroker :)

That's what Cramer does minus "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" part. It's the bull market, people!

#342 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

If I submit a game or two for trade, how long do I have to send it in?

oIi9lub.png

#343 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

I don't really see a need to play the first two Bioshocks before Infinite. It's a new setting and for the most part it stands on its own aside from a few nods to the first games. It's not a long game (12 hours?) so if you have the time you can use the week and weekend to get through it. It definitely deserves a playthrough.

As for Injustice, did you try searching for the regular page for it and adding it to the trade in cart? See if you get the promotion eligible message.

Good to know. I just locked in the $36 +20 credit for Infinite.

I have tomorrow and thursday off so I will give it some play time and then ship it Friday.

As far as Injustice. I looked and it just has the sell on amazon icon. no trade in option.

#344 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Traded in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (18.75) and a couple of older lord of the rings games for PC for a grand total of $28.55 + $20 VG credit. Thanks OP!

631840.png

#345 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

If I submit a game or two for trade, how long do I have to send it in?

Looks like it has to be shipped within 7 days.
I just submitted and it said "please mail by 4/29"

#346 kingwormer

kingwormer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Well, they could still charge your card the amount plus the extra if they gave it to you early too. I am just staring at the get credit now screen lol. I don't want to accept it, and have to wait for the $20. Has anyone actually done it, and got the amount and the bonus before shipping off?

#347 spyder69

spyder69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hell yeah. Traded in a worthless copy of Black Ops2 for $40. Not bad considering I paid $10 for it months ago and got bored with it after 15 minutes. :)
If we saved all the tears from BestBuy and Gamestop threads, we'd flood the planet.

#348 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Bioshock 1 was amazing and deserves a playthrough. Was the Bioshock 1 on the Bio Infinite a first run thing?

#349 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

so...while looking for a 60 cent filler. I found out jurassic park operation genesis for the ps2 is actually worth something...the heck is this?
with the manual I'd be looking at 50ish bucks, without (like I have) it's 40...huh. Why would I want this...the game isn't even great if I remember right.
If I trade this I could get buy a final game for nintendo's so many games promotion...and then get 2 new games...I'm pretty amazed that this is worth as much as Black Ops 2..

Edited by thefurrypanda, 23 April 2013 - 04:55 AM.

TheFurryPanda.png

#350 io

io

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

I have a question. It's offering me to pay me now. If I accept the $34 for tomb raider, will I have the extra $20 now also? Or will I have to wait till they accept it to get the $20? Anyone know for sure?

how do you get the PAY ME NOW to show up cause i though all Trades you never got the cash till they got the games... I mean why couldnt someone say ya i send in 10 games for xxx PAY ME NOW and then never send them in....

long story short you have to wait for the items to get approved to get the 20 more

Yeah, as someone else pointed out, the way they cover that is by charging your CC for the difference (between what was quoted and what, if anything, was actually received by them). So I see no point whatsoever to the "pay me now" option. As for when it pops up, it seems somewhat random. I get the offer on every few trade submissions I do, but definitely not on every one.

So my aunt gave me a sealed copy of Tony Hawk Ride with skateboard a while back, and Amazon gives $4.75 for it... suckers. I don't know how I'm going to ship it, but I figure I'll just visit the UPS store and let them figure it out.

You do NOT want to do that. You will pay far out the ass for it. It would probably cost $20 for UPS to package that up for you. The "free shipping" does not include free packaging. You need to find some old box and pack it yourself. Just use newspaper for padding. The good thing is you don't have to worry about weight like you would if you were paying for the shipping yourself. Just pack it up well enough that there's no chance it will be damaged by any normal handling.

what are the qualifying items you get $20 off of? I'm confused by the wording of this. It doesn't sound like you just get $20 credit to do what you want with.

Well, now, no one knows for sure since no one has actually gotten promo credit yet and this is a new deal for Amazon (so there is no precedence on how it might work). But at worst it will be restricted to video game items sold by Amazon.com (and not third-party sellers). This would include any new games sold by Amazon as well as new accessories and consoles. On the other hand, there is a chance it could be a general $20 merchandise credit that applies to anything sold at Amazon (just like the regular trade credit you will receive for the game's base value). Either way works for me. I plan to use it to preorder Animal Crossing New Leaf. And as usual, the promo credit will apply first, then regular trade credit will be used afterwards. So you will most likely use the "expiring" (on July 31st) bonus all up on the first purchase you make (and the rest of the trade credit is good forever).

The general rule on Amazon trade-ins has been that it needs to be received within 25 days. Of course to be absolutely safe (and cover your ass) you should ship it within the specified 7 day time frame. But a few days later has never caused problems in the past - YMMV with this new promo though. They might get more strict about it because of that. Note that if you are on the West Coast, UPS takes 9-10 days to deliver to whatever the hell backwoods place these go to (oddly enough the speed did not get any better when they moved the processing facility from NH to KY - UPS is slow no matter what). So you have less cushion for sure out here than the middle and east coasters do.

#351 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

so...while looking for a 60 cent filler. I found out jurassic park operation genesis for the ps2 is actually worth something...the heck is this?
with the manual I'd be looking at 50ish bucks, without (like I have) it's 40...huh. Why would I want this...the game isn't even great if I remember right.
If I trade this I could get buy a final game for nintendo's so many games promotion...and then get 2 new games...I'm pretty amazed that this is worth as much as Black Ops 2..

If you think that's alot, check the Xbox or PC versions. What's disgusting is I sold my PC copy (Jewel case with inserts) last year for $63. The price has shot up since then.... :cry:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#352 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

If you think that's alot, check the Xbox or PC versions. What's disgusting is I sold my PC copy (Jewel case with inserts) last year for $63. The price has shot up since then.... :cry:

its sad because I can guarantee that I've seen this game multiple times at local pawn shops and never thought twice. The copy I have is from a lot of games that a friend of a friend forced upon me like 2 years ago.

Edit: decided to just trade it to amazon so I don't have to deal with fees on ebay or dumb people. (40 bucks is the going rate for the thing without the manual anyway) I'm glad to know that my friends friend helped get me monster hunter 3 ultimate and a digital copy of fire emblem.

TheFurryPanda.png

#353 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Okay, I'm thinking I'm gonna wait until maybe Thursday to submit my trades and hope the value on AC3 doesn't drop between now and then.

oIi9lub.png

#354 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Okay, I'm thinking I'm gonna wait until maybe Thursday to submit my trades and hope the value on AC3 doesn't drop between now and then.

Since Amazon allows 2 trade-in of the same game. You could lock in one trade in today. Then do lock in another one tomorrow if value hasn't changed. You then can cancel the old one. Keep doing that until Thursday. :D

I have never done that, but technically it should work. Try it.

#355 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

Since Amazon allows 2 trade-in of the same game. You could lock in one trade in today. Then do lock in another one tomorrow if value hasn't changed. You then can cancel the old one. Keep doing that until Thursday. :D

I think people are worried it the promo credit will only work on the first thing you attempt to trade in.

TheFurryPanda.png

#356 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

I remember seeing a stack of new and sealed PC versions at Half Price Books a few years back for$5 or $6... I really wish I had picked up the whole stack.

#357 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Ooh, I can get $76 for Xenoblade.

You can get A LOT more on eBay and Amazon by selling it yourself. Not to mention, it is only going higher in price.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#358 io

io

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Yes, normally that works fine and was my plan for this promo as well. But as thefurrypanda points out, you only get the promo credit showing on the first one. However, Toss confirmed for us earlier that if you cancel the first one and resubmit you will get the promo on the second one. You would have the one minute or so in between when you cancel and resubmit where the value might drop. But you would have to be pretty unlucky. They usually only update prices once a day unless there is an unusually high amount of trade-ins (and then it tends to go to 25 cents which is why odd things show up that low sometimes).

#359 domon

domon

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Hmm. I have a copy of Persona 4 Golden that's been sitting on my shelf (don't have a vita, was planning on getting one). Do you guys think it'll drop to $20 eventually?

#360 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Seems a lot of people are profiting like this.

I use it as a DVD Player and the occasional Xbox 360 game, even though it's not my "main" Xbox 360.

Decisions...

oIi9lub.png