Amazon: Trade in $20 Worth of Games, Hardware, or Accessories, Get $20 Bonus

• Please log in to reply
937 replies to this topic

#481 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Interesting thanks. I figured that might be the case but I didn't want to lose my original promo by canceling it, then not have the second one show up either.

If you change your mind and want to trade-in another game, make sure to CANCEL the order with the promotion first, then choose the other game you want to trade-in to Amazon and the promotion will appear again. You need to cancel though yes or yes, otherwise it won't appear again on a different trade-in until you cancel it (I tried it when deciding if I should trade in God of War 3). And no, you won't lose the promo (:

Edit: I meant GoW Saga

#482 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

There are Gamecube games that trade in for $20?

Yep. Skies of arcadia. I had two complete copies and had been planning to sell one. The TIV is $30 so with the promo I would get right at what I'd make selling.

All that to say, if I don't get the promo they will get an email from me. We'll see I guess.

#483 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

That is a fantastic game. I haven't played a JRPG I have enjoyed as much as that one close to a decade now. I wouldn't trade it in for all the money in the world. (Not literally.)

#484 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

That is a fantastic game. I haven't played a JRPG I have enjoyed as much as that one close to a decade now. I wouldn't trade it in for all the money in the world. (Not literally.)

It is one of my favorites too! That's why I had two Gamecube copies and the original that I got when it came out. :)

#485 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you're talking about, it's working just fine for me.

You don't need to phrase it that way. It appears to have been updated. Thanks for the picture.

#486 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I know the bonus can only be used on video game items, but how about the actual trade in credit? Can I use that on anything?

#487 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Yep anything you want

#488 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

I know the bonus can only be used on video game items, but how about the actual trade in credit? Can I use that on anything?

yes.
Posted Image

#489 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you're talking about, it's working just fine for me.

So I sent a trade in already on the 22nd. I didn't see that banner at the top. Will this affect my trade in? That really bites if I don't get it. I followed the instructions as the terms stated.

#490 nintendorobot

nintendorobot

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Will amazon give me full trade in value for my copy of Playstation All-Stars despite having a used up online pass?

#491 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I decided that I didn't really need Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2. I ended up with $42.xx after promo by throwing in Blazblue for the 3DS to push me over the $20 mark. I figured I'd gladly trade those two games in for a new copy of Project X Zone.

It certainly was a better option than:
Infinite Space
Super Robot Taisen OG
Suikoden Tierkries
Elektroplankton
Okamiden
Avalon Code
Luminous Arc

#492 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Will amazon give me full trade in value for my copy of Playstation All-Stars despite having a used up online pass?

Yup!

#493 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

BlazBlue for the 3DS has a terrible trade-in value on Amazon.

#494 Chris11757

Chris11757

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

So I sent a trade in already on the 22nd. I didn't see that banner at the top. Will this affect my trade in? That really bites if I don't get it. I followed the instructions as the terms stated.

It seems like anyone who placed a trade in on the first day or so didn't get the promotion eligibility on their trade in page. I contacted them through the chat and linked to the promotion page, they checked my trade in and confirmed that it was eligible and then gave me a $20 promotional credit. It should take all of five minutes to get it straightened out and you will get a credit as long as the games are accepted.

#495 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

BlazBlue for the 3DS has a terrible trade-in value on Amazon.

It also has a terrible trade in value at Best Buy, a terrible trade in value at Gamestop, and is a game that nobody wants to buy.

#496 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for that. I don't recall the game I was trading-in having that note or not, so I just cancelled the old trade in and resubmitted it.
edit: Yup, looking at the old trade-in listing, it doesn't say "Eligible for 1 promotion" like the new listing does.

#497 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

It seems like anyone who placed a trade in on the first day or so didn't get the promotion eligibility on their trade in page. I contacted them through the chat and linked to the promotion page, they checked my trade in and confirmed that it was eligible and then gave me a $20 promotional credit. It should take all of five minutes to get it straightened out and you will get a credit as long as the games are accepted.

Sweet. Thanks I'll give it a go when it's accepted!

#498 argyle

argyle

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

That's what I figured. I've never had a problem in the past getting Amazon's customer service to fix a mistake, but I suppose people DO like to freak out. ;) Thanks for confirming!
Posted Image

#499 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Traded in Zelda OoT for $24.5 for a total return of $44.5. Will pay for Luigi's Mansion. Funnily, I had an Instant Order Update on the Amazon page for Zelda. Turns out I had bought it from them new for $25 a year and a half ago.

#500 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

$41.05 (after bonus) for God of War Saga is not bad at all! :) Of course at least $20 has to be spent on video game stuff, but I can deal with that. :) Thanks OP!

Hmm, wait. I'm not sure I saw that "your trade-in may qualify" bit. And now when I add another to my cart to check, I don't see it. Is there any way to check to see if my trade-in qualified?

EDIT: and... I found the answer. In the trade-in account you can see your trade-in and there it does say that it "may" qualify. So I guess I'm OK.

Crunchewy.png

#501 maxfisher

maxfisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

I tried everything you mentioned, but I'm still only seeing the standard credit value (no bonus $20). Called Amazon several hours ago, and after explaining everything to the rep, even she wasn't sure why the bonus $20 wasn't showing up. The rep said she would look into the matter, and even scheduled a specific time to personally follow me up with a call this evening, so hopefully the issue will get resolved in time.

Hope you post an update after you hear back, as I'm in the same boat. I was very happy with how quickly I got my trade-in credit (about 15 hours from dropping at the UPS box to having the credit post), but the extra $20 isn't showing up anywhere, despite my trade-in page having a line about the $20 promotion being successfully applied. I'm hoping to get an order in while Tomb Raider is still $39.99. I took it all the way to the final order page and the $20 bonus credit wasn't showing anywhere, so I held off on placing the order. Tried chatting with a rep for assistance and he basically just said he thinks the $20 will show up at some point, but doesn't have any details.

#502 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Got my basic cash ..did not get the extra 20... was told im not getting the extra 20 cause the TRADE IN EXTRA was only on certain game.. when ask what games they go we dont have a list of those games...

Told you they would Fuck us over
WOOOO I STINK

#503 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Got my basic cash ..did not get the extra 20... was told im not getting the extra 20 cause the TRADE IN EXTRA was only on certain game.. when ask what games they go we dont have a list of those games...

Told you they would Fuck us over

It's a promotional code towards future purchases, not a bonus on the trade-in credit. :dunce:

Go stick a video game item in your cart and then proceed to the final checkout screen. My guess is that you'll see the $20 waiting for you as a promotional code on the checkout total screen.

What they're giving you is no different than the promotional credits they've provided for game pre-orders in the past. They're attached to your account and not visible until you check out.

As it appears for now, they're just fucking you over, as you're the only one assuming as such. Though, as there's a huge track record of the entire retail environment of Planet Earth trying to Fuck you over for one reason or another (see post history, of course), it's just you that's riding high on the Fuck-over horse.

#504 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

It's a promotional code towards future purchases, not a bonus on the trade-in credit. :dunce:

Go stick a video game item in your cart and then proceed to the final checkout screen. My guess is that you'll see the $20 waiting for you as a promotional code on the checkout total screen.

What they're giving you is no different than the promotional credits they've provided for game pre-orders in the past. They're attached to your account and not visible until you check out.

i did that added 10 different games and none of them work.... they are saying the discount is only for certain games.. and the 20 add on was only for certain games

Items: $39.96
Shipping: $0.00
Total before tax: $39.96
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Total: $39.96
WOOOO I STINK

#505 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

How much is shipping on that Fuck-over horse?

I'm gonna wait for someone credible to post about using their credits before I even begin to believe this was a scam.

My gf's trade in should be processed by tomorrow and there was definitely the "eligible for 1 promo" on it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#506 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I had to contact Amazon CS to get my $20 promotion.

#507 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

and then they ban your account saying they gave you too many promos LOL
WOOOO I STINK

#508 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

i did that added 10 different games and none of them work.... they are saying the discount is only for certain games.. and the 20 add on was only for certain games

Items: $39.96
Shipping: $0.00
Total before tax: $39.96
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Total: $39.96

Again, no proof that it's not just you.

I think we all should just give it a few days until the promotion is over, as they may not be giving out the promo $20 until it's all done with. You don't get the bonus promotional credit for a pre-order until 2 days after the game ships out, so I'd assume some of the same logic here for the promo credit showing up.

I'll even give it a week after the trade-in is accepted and processed before I start being concerned with the bonus $20 not showing up.

#509 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I propose a 7-day moratorium on letting slidecage post. He hasn't done enough to warrant a permanent ban, and seven days is enough to clear up any confusion about this promotion.

#510 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

I propose a 7-day moratorium on letting slidecage post. He hasn't done enough to warrant a permanent ban, and seven days is enough to clear up any confusion about this promotion.

ban me i really dont give a flying Fuck

im just reporting what im told by the CS worker at amazon.... went into another chat as asked a 2nd one and was told this is a promotion problem and all they can do is forward it they have no clue WHEN OR IF I will get the promo... Ask them return my game then and they go o we cant do that.
WOOOO I STINK