INFO UPDATED: MGS Legacy Collection Pre-order price $72 (yet to be confirmed).

FerDK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Official Japanese Site launched.
Konami Style Pre-order.
Suggested Retail Price: 7182 yen (US$72) - price in US and EU yet to be confirmed.
Release day: 7/11/2013

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection is exclusive for PS3 and it will include:

GAMES:
1.- Metal Gear (MSX)
2.- Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX)
3.- Metal Gear Solid (PSONE)
4.- Metal Gear Solid Integral (PSONE) - info
5.- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2-HD)
6.- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2-HD)
7.- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots (with trophies)
8.- Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker (PSP-HD)

GRAPHIC NOVELS (digital)
1.- Metal Gear Solid Bande Dessinée
2.- Metal Gear Solid 2 Bande Dessinée - info

ARTBOOK
- "Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Book"

39035.metal_gear_solid_the_legacy_collection_oficial.jpg

mainvisual.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You said sorry, and yet you still posted it.
We have a Game News section.

I'll give you a pass because I've been to Peru.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Nice! Is there a price?[/QUOTE]

Not yet buy I will update once it is ready for pre-order.

[quote name='FerDK']Not yet buy I will update once it is ready for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Woo!!!! Thanks.

Not going to buy unless MGS1 is the Twin Snakes version since I already have triple dipped on the HD collection and have all the games in their other forms.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Not going to buy unless MGS1 is the Twin Snakes version since I already have triple dipped on the HD collection and have all the games in their other forms.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Depends on how/what is on-disc and what is vouchers. I have MGS HD and MGS4. No need to sell them and buy this is MGS 2, 3 and PW are PS2 downloads.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Your description is wrong.

The Metal Gear 1 and 2 are the MSX versions, not the inferior NES versions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

in a way, the whole MGS series at $60 is a good deal... but i'm just messing around.

anyway, MGS Collection HD PS3 trades for $15.95 at amazon right now, go go go!

Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Agree. Depends on how/what is on-disc and what is vouchers. I have MGS HD and MGS4. No need to sell them and buy this is MGS 2, 3 and PW are PS2 downloads.[/QUOTE]
They're not PS2 downloads. The OP just went to the trouble of saying what console the original games were on for some reason.

Edit: And Peace Walker wasn't on PS2. It was a PSP title.

[quote name='thegame956']Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.[/QUOTE]

i did not know about it. not everyone is on the neogaf news cycle

Might buy this. Quite a few games on there I haven't played, though I'm afraid they'll release a mega version that includes the handheld titles and Twin Snakes lol.

being a metal gear junkie imma buy these games .... again smh. i wish this came with a solid snake statue or a poseable figurine like the one from the tomb raider ce, i would have creamed my shorts if it did. amd yes kojima bring us twin snakes !!!!!

[quote name='strait edge follower']being a metal gear junkie imma buy these games .... again smh. i wish this came with a solid snake statue or a poseable figurine like the one from the tomb raider ce, i would have creamed my shorts if it did. amd yes kojima bring us twin snakes !!!!![/QUOTE]

i think Kojima hates TS, like he hates MG1+2 for the NES.

I wish we could get Ghost Babel somehow.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']And the original games aren't MGS 1 and MGS2. They're MG1 and MG2.[/QUOTE]

Yea, for someone who has Snake as his avatar (OP), he doesn't seem to know much about these games.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']i think Kojima hates TS, like he hates MG1+2 for the NES.

I wish we could get Ghost Babel somehow.[/QUOTE]

No, TS is actually the version of MGS 1 that he wanted to make. However, due to the limitations of the PSX, he couldn't do it.

Because it's owned by Nintendo is probably the biggest reason why we won't see it on any other console.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Yea, for someone who has Snake as his avatar (OP), he doesn't seem to now much about these games.[/QUOTE]

hahaha sorry guys, I'm at the office right now and I was on a rush when posting.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Has there ever been a rerelease or port of the MGS Gamecube version?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo controls them, like RE0 and RE1 remake.

Having never played any of the MGS games, I may get this. Still need to finish the first on vita to see if it's for me.

God I love this series, but I already own all of these games. Had they thrown in a Portable Ops HD edition, then yeah would definitely buy. But dammit does that box look sexy...

Sheesh and i just bought hd collection last month. Time to dispose that one and get this one instead. Theyll probably have a collectors edition for this again and im definitelt not missing that one ever again. Konami is gonna milk us again. Haha

You won't see twin snakes on PS3 due to the fact that not only Nintendo owns the rights. But it's on a different hardware platform together. No I don't want to hear that they can emulate it, Nintendo would sue.

Dam, wish I had waited on getting the HD collection now. I will probably end up purchasing this just to have it in my collection but that really just depends on the price.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']i think Kojima hates TS, like he hates MG1+2 for the NES.

I wish we could get Ghost Babel somehow.[/QUOTE]

Metal Gear 1 +2 on the NES are garbage. The MSX versions are far superior.

Not totally sure how I feel about this, but seeing how MGS is my favorite series of all time, I don't think I really have a choice on whether or not to pick this up. Still awaiting further details before I get rid of the HD collection.

I totally see myself buying this even though I have just about everything they've put out except the Acid games on PSP.

I love MGS and all but I'm getting kinda sick of publishers sticking old games in shiny new packaging. The MGS HD collection was nice but this is just that plus a few re-releases. If some of the non-HD Collection games were enhanced or something, it would be nice.

[quote name='thegame956']Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear about it. I guess that's what happens when you have a life.

bread's done
Back