Photo
- - - - -

INFO UPDATED: MGS Legacy Collection Pre-order price $72 (yet to be confirmed).

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I don't know why this got moved when the Tales of Xillia CE had a thread before the OP had a preorder link.

#32 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Has there ever been a rerelease or port of the MGS Gamecube version?

Nope.

#33 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yea, for someone who has Snake as his avatar (OP), he doesn't seem to now much about these games.

hahaha sorry guys, I'm at the office right now and I was on a rush when posting.
Posted Image

#34 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Has there ever been a rerelease or port of the MGS Gamecube version?

Nintendo controls them, like RE0 and RE1 remake.

Having never played any of the MGS games, I may get this. Still need to finish the first on vita to see if it's for me.

#35 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

God I love this series, but I already own all of these games. Had they thrown in a Portable Ops HD edition, then yeah would definitely buy. But dammit does that box look sexy...

#36 Miken

Miken

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Welp looks like I'm returning the current collection back to amazon.

#37 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sheesh and i just bought hd collection last month. Time to dispose that one and get this one instead. Theyll probably have a collectors edition for this again and im definitelt not missing that one ever again. Konami is gonna milk us again. Haha

#38 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Have an unopened HD collection for 360 now. If the games are on disk and not PSN, then I will grab this most likely.

#39 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

LOL, so that's why the MGS HD collection went semi-out-of-print for PS3.

Guardian_owl.png

#40 Kidorangepanda

Kidorangepanda

Arcade PCB Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

You won't see twin snakes on PS3 due to the fact that not only Nintendo owns the rights. But it's on a different hardware platform together. No I don't want to hear that they can emulate it, Nintendo would sue.

#41 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Damn Kojima gonna take my moniez again. Ugh.

#42 Cai

Cai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

This collection is
Spoiler
worthy.

#43 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Dam, wish I had waited on getting the HD collection now. I will probably end up purchasing this just to have it in my collection but that really just depends on the price.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,957 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#44 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Wow, this is awesome! Good thing I held off on buying the HD collection!

#45 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

i think Kojima hates TS, like he hates MG1+2 for the NES.

I wish we could get Ghost Babel somehow.

Metal Gear 1 +2 on the NES are garbage. The MSX versions are far superior.

#46 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Not totally sure how I feel about this, but seeing how MGS is my favorite series of all time, I don't think I really have a choice on whether or not to pick this up. Still awaiting further details before I get rid of the HD collection.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#47 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

I totally see myself buying this even though I have just about everything they've put out except the Acid games on PSP.

#48 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

I love MGS and all but I'm getting kinda sick of publishers sticking old games in shiny new packaging. The MGS HD collection was nice but this is just that plus a few re-releases. If some of the non-HD Collection games were enhanced or something, it would be nice.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#49 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.

I didn't hear about it. I guess that's what happens when you have a life.

#50 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Wrong forum or not, Thanks OP! I'm one of the few who hasn't gotten around to buying MGS HD Collection, and have been meaning to so many times. If the games are on discs, I'd buy full price day 1.

Also random thought but I liked the original MGS better than Twin Snakes. Twin was a little over the top and cartoonish style. They also took out or edited some music/sound design such as with Sniper Wolfs death (I actually found the scene funny in Twin Snakes with all the wolves their dancing around her body)

#51 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Another MGS collection? At this point what MG fan doesn't own these with the possible exception of the HD collection or if they just bought a PS3. Hideo Kojima is going to end up chafing Snake's nipples with this much milking. Though depending on how nice the box is...

523546.png

#52 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Cant wait for more info on this. Hoping for another collectors edition. artbook or a statue would be awesome. Hopefully everything is on disc and not dlc codes Its definitely gonna be on double layer disc coz of how much space mgs4 took before so for those peeps that are starting having reading problems on their ps3s like myself its a bummer.

#53 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

I'll buy this, despite owning all the games already. Can't help myself :-(
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#54 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Sign me up. I just wish I didn't buy the HD collection when it launched. Oh well.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#55 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Sign me up. I didn't buy the HD collection and now I am glad I did not.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#56 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm in sub $60

#57 TestType

TestType

model fetishist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Another MGS collection? At this point what MG fan doesn't own these with the possible exception of the HD collection or if they just bought a PS3. Hideo Kojima is going to end up chafing Snake's nipples with this much milking. Though depending on how nice the box is...

What's to milk? If you're a fan and already own the games, there is no reason for you to get this. This collection is not for the fans, it's for all the people who have never played an MGS game or only a few of them. This is to hook people in who are not fans to buy the next game. It's kind of a hard sell for someone who has never played a MGS game to start at number 5 in a narrative heavy series like this. This collection is to get you up to date, not to "screw over" people who already have all these games.
Posted Image

#58 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hope by MGS they mean a HD version or at least Twins Snakes HD. But its nice collection anyway.

#59 bezelbubba

bezelbubba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

Metal Gear has become the Star Wars of video games
Konami >= Lucasfilm
You blocking with your head again!!!

#60 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Great collection for those new to the series.

As someone who already owns all of these games on multiple consoles I have zero interest in this.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013