Photo
- - - - -

INFO UPDATED: MGS Legacy Collection Pre-order price $72 (yet to be confirmed).

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Cheapssgamer in this thread at least is about DEALS!!!!! I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us already knew about this since last week or so from game news sites and not save on games site such as this one.

I did not know about it until I saw this thread.

I already have most of these games from their original PS1, PS2, and PSP releases. I don't know if I want to double dip, maybe a collector's edition could sway me.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#62 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I'm a huge MGS fan but, even so, I hate this double dipping crap. I'm still playing the HD collection and see no need for this set. I have Twin Snakes for GameCube, negating my desire to ever play MGS1 on the PSone again. And I already have the graphic novel on PSP and VR Missions for the PlayStation.

Freaking lame and disappointing and a big F.U. to anyone who bought the HD Collection. Well, when someone takes a shit on you, you don't oblige them. Konami can suck it. Include MGO with MGS4 and get those servers back online and then -- and only then -- will I buy this...even for triple the asking price. I want my MGO!

#63 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sweet! I've only played a tiny bit of the first Metal Gear game when I was a kid. Definitely gonna get this.

#64 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Oh good, because I need yet another copy of MGS2 and MGS3...

...day one purchase...damn you...

#65 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

I hope that Metal Gear 1 and 2 will be able to be bought piecemeal for those who already purchased the HD collection, if not then Fuck them.

Guardian_owl.png

#66 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

I hope that Metal Gear 1 and 2 will be able to be bought piecemeal for those who already purchased the HD collection, if not then Fuck them.

As per konami's trend in selling mgs collections, i doubt it. Theyll want to milk fans as much as possible.

#67 EnemyofReality

EnemyofReality

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

MG1 and MG2 are playable as extras within MGS3 in the pre-existing HD collection.

#68 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

No way! I just bought Metal Gear VR Missions and first Metal Gear digital graphic novel. I also have Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

Wish this was on Vita as well. (Make it Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Volume 2 and then Volume 3 because of space restraints.)

The only thing I look forward to see in this collection is Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel 2: Bande Dessinée in this collection. I don't mind if it is has only Japanese voice with English subtitles.

Edit: I can see Metal Gear 1 and 2 (MSX) with MGS4:Guns of the Patriots in one volume. While MGS (PS1), Peace Walker, VR Missions, and the graphic novels in another volume for the Vita.

I actually wouldn't mind MGS4: GotP on Vita more since I completed it already, maybe play a portable version just to get the trophies.

Edit 2: I can already see my imaginary second volume with the PS1 and PSP games being mostly vouchers with download codes.

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 25 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#69 KingZ

KingZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Oh seems like someone forgot that MGS Portable Ops exists, it was a great game IMHO.

#70 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Is there any indication this will be limited? I'd prefer to wait for a BF deal.

#71 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Oh seems like someone forgot that MGS Portable Ops exists, it was a great game IMHO.

MGS:PO is like Kojima's forgotten son, but I liked it, as well. For its time (2006, damn), it was a pretty impressive portable game. And whatever reason, its trailer, to this day, is still one of my favorite of all-time.

#72 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

MGS:PO is like Kojima's forgotten son, but I liked it, as well. For its time (2006, damn), it was a pretty impressive portable game. And whatever reason, its trailer, to this day, is still one of my favorite of all-time.

Portable Ops wasn't bad at all. No Peace Walker, but a solid effort. If they reworked the control scheme to Peace Walker standards (ie. two analog sticks) and brought it to the PS3 that -- and that alone -- would get me to purchase this Legacy collection.

----

Edit: Okay, I just re-watched Portable Ops' trailer. Hell yeah, that game was pretty epic. It sucks they shut down the online for that too. I would have loved to use two analog sticks and play online with that on my PS3 -- dare I say the online was even better than Peace Walkers Versus OPs? (Granted, PW Co-op is extremely fun, though.)

#73 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

Official Japanese Site launched.

Posted Image

If anybody can translate japanese or has super vision to read the text on the blurays, are all the games are on disc? I'm guessing disc 2 on the right is MGS4, but I can't tell what disc 1 on the left includes. Footnote 2 on the japanese site says something about Playstation Store, which makes me think some of the contents will be voucher only :(.

#74 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

If anybody can translate japanese or has super vision to read the text on the blurays, are all the games are on disc? I'm guessing disc 2 on the right is MGS4, but I can't tell what disc 1 on the left includes. Footnote 2 on the japanese site says something about Playstation Store, which makes me think some of the contents will be voucher only :(.

From the Konami store:

[Game pieces]
METAL GEAR (* 1)
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SNAKE (* 1)
METAL GEAR SOLID (* 2)
METAL GEAR SOLID INTEGRAL (* 2)
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 HD EDITION
METAL GEAR SOLID HD EDITION 3
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS (* 3)
METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER HD EDITION [visual works] METAL GEAR SOLID BANDE DESSINEE METAL GEAR SOLID 2 BANDE DESSINEE

* 1: (included on MGS3 HD in) MSX2 reprint game Archives, product:
* 2 code inclusion. Download from PS Store.
* 3: Trophy Edition version of the latest.
[Booklet] METAL GEAR SOLID THE LEGACY BOOK

#75 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Edit: Okay, I just re-watched Portable Ops' trailer. Hell yeah, that game was pretty epic.

HAHA, yep! And the first half of it is pretty ho-hum, too, but once "Calling to the Night" kicks in, it really gets you excited for the game.

#76 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Download vouchers? That sucks! Why cant they just put it all on the disk. Makes it looked like just reprinting the hd collection disk and mgs 4 onto a different bluray label and charging full price again. Might pass preordering then and just wait for better deal

#77 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

$72 for a non HD verison of MGS 1, games we already own on the HD collection and books. No one reads books. No thx

#78 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Download vouchers? That sucks! Why cant they just put it all on the disk. Makes it looked like just reprinting the hd collection disk and mgs 4 onto a different bluray label and charging full price again. Might pass preordering then and just wait for better deal

MSG/VR Missions seem to be the only vouchers, but those are also the smallest games and could easily of fit on the discs. I really hate vouchers for collection games...especially since they expire like with God of War Saga.

#79 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

well i can add this to my psp big boss system! :D

#80 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Guess i will be keeping my HD Collection now with news of vouchers

#81 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Vouchers are probably easier and less costly then re-printing 2 CDs of MGS 1, like they did with the PS2 collection. It's fine by me.

#82 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

The disc for MGS and VR Misison cost next to nothing. With a voucher I can play it on PS3, PSP, and Vita.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#83 Hazelgrim

Hazelgrim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

when I read about this today I immediately thought, "really, konami? again?" then I knew I would probably buy it.

Iv been waiting all these years just for this :drool:

Twitter: FuurinRei

#84 mikezilla2

mikezilla2

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

From the Konami store:

you sure that's intragal ?