• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=it9hwkIaTd4

#302 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

There's friendly fire in that sense in Soul Sacrifice too. There's absolutely NO EXCUSE for a 3D action-combat type game to not have a lock-on, and a competent one at that. You should not have to try to be managing the camera to figure out where the target went while you're in the middle of healing/attacking/whatever. :P

One of the reasons I like it better is because there's no lock on and you have to manually keep up with the monster, I know it can be seen as a gameplay disadvantage but I like the challenge from it.

Poker Night 2 on 360, so Omaha and Texas Hold 'Em.

Game's so good, I played way too much of it yesterday, told myself I'd do like a tournament, ended up getting off like 4-5 hours later lol
Posted Image

#303 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

There is an excuse Frosty, it's called game design.

Also, Monster Hunter does have a soft lock on.

But I don't care about that cuz I'm mainly defending Dragon's Dogma which has no lock on, because it doesn't need one.

#304 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

I think one of my favorite things about MH is the core concept that under those layers of spikes, dragon skin, and kraken brains, you're still the same person you started off as. You don't learn new moves, you don't magically become resistant, you have to supplement at all times through your forging, crafting and buying.

With that, you can have dudes armed to the teeth murdering everything, and in the same room people in their underwear doing even better.

That said, the game absolutely has shit wrong with it. Camera's wonky and there's ton of pretty poor collision and hitbox decision, but nothing unforgivable. Pretty much shit that you see in most hack n' slashes. I was stoked for the lock on feature in MH3U, but I honestly don't even find myself using it often.

#305 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

I think one of my favorite things about MH is the core concept that under those layers of spikes, dragon skin, and kraken brains, you're still the same person you started off as. You don't learn new moves, you don't magically become resistant, you have to supplement at all times through your forging, crafting and buying.

With that, you can have dudes armed to the teeth murdering everything, and in the same room people in their underwear doing even better.

That said, the game absolutely has shit wrong with it. Camera's wonky and there's ton of pretty poor collision and hitbox decision, but nothing unforgivable. Pretty much shit that you see in most hack n' slashes. I was stoked for the lock on feature in MH3U, but I honestly don't even find myself using it often.

Yeah, it is really cool that it's more gear and skill based rather then learning new skills/abilities, I definitely like that about it. The hit boxes can be rather screwy as well, although compared to what they were in MH1 they're amazing now lol.
Posted Image

#306 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I think one of my favorite things about Monster Hunter is the terrible combat.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#307 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I would not be surprised.

#308 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Everyone said "work on your thesis" so I watched an entire season of degrassi jr high, took off my pants and ate tapioca pudding.

Posted Image
Posted Image

where scoob

#309 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Sony Smash is $30. That's $30 too much.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#310 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hatertots.

#311 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Them new blazbluers in screenshoted action.

Spoiler

Oh, and apparently Celica A. Mercury is alive now. I can't wait to explain who this character is to Uraizen in the next GGT that is solely dedicated to explaining the story of BlazBlue to Uraizen like he's always wanted.

Spoiler

#312 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

These games make for such sexy screenshots.

#313 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Refreshing myself on the rich and deep BlazBlue mythology.

There was so much stuff that I had forgotten or straight up missed.

Uraizen is in for a treat.

#314 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

Man, those screenshots make me want to pick it up Day One and I've never really played much BlazBlue before. Shit's cray.

Almost finished with Poker Night 2. Just have to win Glados' bounty item.

#315 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Everyone said "work on your thesis" so I watched an entire season of degrassi jr high, took off my pants and ate tapioca pudding.

Posted Image

You best not be talking shit 'bout my boy Wheels.

Posted Image

#316 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

One final down, four more to go.

:applause:

These games make for such sexy screenshots.

Agreed.

Tried out the Soul Sacrifice demo earlier. It was... somewhat fun. Not sure if I really want to get it though. My Vita will forever remain a Persona 4 Golden console. :l

#317 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

Posted Image

#318 weevles

weevles

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:51 AM

Gah I'm between games...huge backlog but dunno what to play next.

I still need to hit 50 in BL2 with at least one character, but my buddy just has way more time to devote to leveling than me.

#319 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Steve Harvey is like a black Dr. Phil, but definitely more likable.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#320 Indignate

Indignate

☽Scinon☾

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I've gotten better that UMvC and BlazBlue.

Better is subjective. I'm still not good at either one :cry:

#321 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

One of the reasons I like it better is because there's no lock on and you have to manually keep up with the monster, I know it can be seen as a gameplay disadvantage but I like the challenge from it.

Game's so good, I played way too much of it yesterday, told myself I'd do like a tournament, ended up getting off like 4-5 hours later lol

Shame it's only sold about 120k copies on XBLA as of last night.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#322 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm about 2 hours into Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. So far its a nice, if guided take on the metroidvania genre. The mouse controls feel a bit awkward at times. I'm going to try a 360 controller and see if it is any better.

#323 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Shame it's only sold about 120k copies on XBLA as of last night.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will/is doing a lot better on PC though. Mainly since the first one was only on PC, you could have gotten it for half the price, and I know people really love unlocking their Team Fortress 2 hats, so hopefully combined on all three platforms it's doing really well. I'm trying to tell some of my friends to pick it up but they don't think a poker game without online multiplayer is worth it, even though this game has that comedy aspect to it that makes it a lot more entertaining to play, even if it is only single player.
Posted Image

#324 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm about 2 hours into Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. So far its a nice, if guided take on the metroidvania genre. The mouse controls feel a bit awkward at times. I'm going to try a 360 controller and see if it is any better.

I thought it felt waaaaaaaaaaay better on a 360 controller. Fun little game.

Edit: GOTY?

Edited by ActionKazimer, 26 April 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#325 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Did I gift you that? I can't remember.
Anyway, yes, use a 360 controller; the game was designed as a Summer of Arcade XBLA game and then ported to PC... so it was designed with a controler in mind. I'd highly suggest using one.

Kazimer, that game is amazing.

#326 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

I thought it felt waaaaaaaaaaay better on a 360 controller. Fun little game.

Did I gift you that? I can't remember.
Anyway, yes, use a 360 controller; the game was designed as a Summer of Arcade XBLA game and then ported to PC... so it was designed with a controler in mind. I'd highly suggest using one.

Kazimer, that game is amazing.

Well I guess that decides that.

Frosty, I think I got this one through a humble bundle. Although it's hard to keep track of all the indie games I haven't played that I got through the bundles.

#327 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Never bought a humble bundle. Might as well call me a video game terrorist...

#328 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Well I guess that decides that.

Frosty, I think I got this one through a humble bundle. Although it's hard to keep track of all the indie games I haven't played that I got through the bundles.

Could be -- but I had the feeling I'd gifted *someone* in here that game. Seems I did on July 20, 2012. :lol: Can't remember who though. Wonder if gmail would tell me.
Huh, I gifted it to gunm and someone else apparently. I was apparently in a giving mood that day.
The second time I bought it along with FEAR3 and dropped it in my inventory to just push the games through there.

#329 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

GUYS!

Resident Evil: ORC is $10 on steam. I don't need it :D

#330 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Somebody alert Whoknows.