Some PC games free after Mail in rebate 24 Hour deal at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

Trade a Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything for a GC that can only be used at AMZ... *mind boggled*

Not gonna leave you hanging bro, I'm perplexed by this phenomenon also.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#32 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not gonna leave you hanging bro, I'm perplexed by this phenomenon also.

Many rebate prepaid cards have rather short expiration dates and/or quickly start charging maintenance fees. They also can be difficult to fully use as not everywhere allows split payments. Tough for gas, too, because the pump will try to authorize, generally, far more than is on the card.

An easy way to make sure you use the cards is to convert them to something you know you will use a lot. I like to use them to buy gift cards for a gas station near me--no expiration date and I get a small discount, as well. Also, if I end up with a card with only a few dollars left on it, I'll generally use it to buy an Amazon gift card. Again, no expiration date.

#33 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I do the Amazon thing too. It's just easier to buy the GC and be done with it versus partially paying for something, remembering which cards you've used, the sometimes early expiration dates, etc. Needless to say for me it doesn't last long in my Amazon account anyway.

I do the same thing. Got a $500 American Express GC at work, immediately converted it to Amazon GC's and PSN bucks.

#34 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Thanks. I am still waiting for my card from Brink, but went ahead and got Venetica.

#35 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I do the same thing. Got a $500 American Express GC at work, immediately converted it to Amazon GC's and PSN bucks.

You can covert it to PSN by using to add to your wallet is that all it is?