Photo
- - - - -

The Complete TV Series for DVD and Blu-Ray Thread (New series Added to OP)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

wBH6021372815416_zps0d819c2d.gif

I want to make this thread because if anyone is like me, and if I like a show I must have the complete series to watch when ever I want. Except I don't want to pay to much for a complete series that's why I'm making this thread to help everyone find good deals on complete series.

When you add a new series to the OP, PLEASE put series being added in alphabetical order.
When editing the prices in the OP use examples bellow to show the change in price.

Price Increase +
Price Drop -
Same Price *
New Additions *

Lo7ImG1372815779_zps2bccfa73.gif

5FbB9U1372815854_zps0c0a367a.gif

Spoiler

bkUkDJ1372815894_zpse01389ef.gif

Edited by maxpower0965, 07 July 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#2 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Great thread, OP!! Best Buy usually has the Gilligan's Island series for $15-25. I've bought it from there twice now.

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

I dunno if anime should be in the thread as with the exceptions of long runners like Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. most of the sets being released are complete series.

#4 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Vampire Knight Complete Series isn't actually the complete series, but that's only season one.

Season two is actually called Vampire Knight Guilty, so that listing for the complete series is just for the first season.

There is no complete series release for it yet, so just the two separate seasons right now.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#5 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I dunno if anime should be in the thread as with the exceptions of long runners like Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. most of the sets being released are complete series.

True. I'll take them off.

#6 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

If anybody finds complete series to add to this thread that I have not posted, by all means post.

Since prices on series often change, I'll try to keep the prices updated and add others too.

Edited by maxpower0965, 28 April 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#7 RedBeardRaven

RedBeardRaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

SWAT KATS? My childhood just punched me in the face and threatened to do it again if I don't buy that.

#8 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

SWAT KATS? My childhood just punched me in the face and threatened to do it again if I don't buy that.

Be careful, it's a manufacture-on-demand title, which uses DVD-R's.

#9 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I saw manufacture on demand on amazon, but do other salers of this series do the same?

#10 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Swat Kats was pretty badass.

#11 parrothead87

parrothead87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Grounded for Life is worth that price easily, wish that show never got cancelled

#12 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

You could've edited the first post with the recent additions. You could also wikify it so others can update it with more complete series. I think that it would help more.

Otherwise, this is a really good idea.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

Carmen Sandiego for a whopping $5.99

I've seen it drop to $5.49, so maybe watch it for a bit first.

#14 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

I wish they would re-release Seinfeld in Blu. One of my favorite shows. Ever. Don't think anything will top it in the future either. Call me high maintenance, but I just can't pull the trigger on the complete series if it's in DVD. I know DVD vs Blu wouldn't make any difference in a sit-com, especially from that era. It's not like there are special effects or anything like that. But I just can't do it. I can't.
Posted Image

#15 KageAlchemist

KageAlchemist

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm waiting impatiently for Seinfeld on blu-ray also. Last year I caved in and purchased the complete set on DVD for $99. I have already watched it once and plan on re-watching it again soon. Seinfeld is one of those shows I can easily watch the entire series every couple years. It's that good to me.

#16 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

I bought the seasons of this individually for $5-$7.50 a piece vut the full series will be available May 14th:'

3rd Rock From the Sun $30.99

http://www.amazon.co...ck from the sun

Dont know what you consider cheap but:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Complete $97.99

http://www.amazon.co...complete series

Angel Complete Series $83.99

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#17 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I updated the OP with the other complete series that were posted yesterday. OP can now be edited by others. Also updated all prices, and added a few other complete series too.

#18 humancondition

humancondition

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

This is great. Pre-ordered Beetlejuice

#19 AirMcLaren

AirMcLaren

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

30 Rock is another show I would like to see on Blu. Google research has told me there are no plans for that, however.
Posted Image

#20 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

I bought the seasons of this individually for $5-$7.50 a piece vut the full series will be available May 14th:'

3rd Rock From the Sun $30.99

http://www.amazon.co...ck from the sun

LOL son of a bitch! I just ordered all the seasons for 6 bucks each last week! Opened 3 od them so I can't return them. haha. Oh well. It's okay.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#21 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I updated the OP with the other complete series that were posted yesterday. OP can now be edited by others. Also updated all prices, and added a few other complete series too.

This thread is a nice idea, but can we give the list a bit of organization? I would love to see someone (with much more patience than I) to organize these by genre and put in alphabetical order. I think those two would make the OP infinitely more-readable, amiright?

Maybe I can find the time a bit later to at least alphabetize if no one gets to it.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#22 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I looked over the Real Ghostbusters complete set and unless I'm looking at the picture of the volume sets in the firehouse box wrong, it looks like each volume is in a steelbook case.

#23 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I looked over the Real Ghostbusters complete set and unless I'm looking at the picture of the volume sets in the firehouse box wrong, it looks like each volume is in a steelbook case.

Yep they are, or at least they used to. I think they might have switched over to plastic cases (w/ slips I believe) now. I'm not sure if you'd get the Steelbooks if you ordered directly from Tme Life though, I just know some reviews on Amazon mentioned getting the plastic cases instead.

Edited by ssjmichael, 30 April 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#24 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

This thread is a nice idea, but can we give the list a bit of organization? I would love to see someone (with much more patience than I) to organize these by genre and put in alphabetical order. I think those two would make the OP infinitely more-readable, amiright?

Maybe I can find the time a bit later to at least alphabetize if no one gets to it.

I'll give it a go later tonight. Was planning on doing it anyways, but if someone beats me to it, I won't be upset. Lol

#25 gueeds

gueeds

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Northern Exposure for 73.99:

#26 blackmage214

blackmage214

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yep they are, or at least they used to. I think they might have switched over to plastic cases (w/ slips I believe) now. I'm now sure if you'd get the Steelbooks if you ordered directly from Tme Life though, I just know some reviews on Amazon mentioned getting the plastic cases instead.

Time life also gives the plastic cases as well. Ordered one last year from them.

#27 RedBeardRaven

RedBeardRaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

That seems kinda nasty. :( I got G Gundam complete like that. It's okay but it just felt wrong. I would really be buying these for my kids and having them in any odd format would just ruin it (IMO).

#28 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

Edited OP. Placed all series in alphabetical order and updated all prices.

Quick question does anybody want the titles listed in alphabetical order and by genre or is alphabetical order fine?

#29 KageAlchemist

KageAlchemist

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

I personally prefer alphabetical order only. I honestly hate when titles are organized by genre (looking at you Best Buy) because sometimes titles have multiple genres and then they can be difficult to locate. I also hate how they combined the DVDs and Blu-rays but that is besides the point..

Good job though! I love this thread.

#30 Getrealistic

Getrealistic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

MOAR! :)

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series $8.43

Dungeons & Dragons: The Complete Animated Series $5