51 replies to this topic

#1 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

BUY a WII U get 75 bucks off your next purchase

also they have

15% off general merch... some people have been able to get video game systems as general merch.

350 x 15% -52.50 - 75 buck gift card = 222.50 + Tax for a wii u deluxe

still over priced to me though
WOOOO I STINK

#2 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

Or $180 for the Basic Set.

Seems pretty awesome to me. I already got one though.

#3 Goomba Stomper

Goomba Stomper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

That's a really great deal, especially if you can get the 15% off on top of the $75. Alas, I already have one as well.

#4 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

BUY a WII U get 75 bucks off your next purchase

also they have

15% off general merch... some people have been able to get video game systems as general merch.

350 x 15% -52.50 - 75 buck gift card = 222.50 + Tax for a wii u deluxe

still over priced to me though

Only one problem with that math... 222.50 is not considering the fact you still have to pay 297.5 out of pocket, then get reimbursed with a GC worth 75.

xivpads.png

#5 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Only one problem with that math... 222.50 is not considering the fact you still have to pay 297.5 out of pocket, then get reimbursed with a GC worth 75.

This, rebate isn't a lower price right away. At least this way the person could price up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate at the same time.

#6 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Terms and Exclusions

Excludes Grocery, Alcohol, Tobacco, Health & Beauty Care, Prescriptions, Gift Cards, Gas Station & C-Stops, Lottery, Postage, Park & Entertainment tickets, Instore Businesses, Online Purchases, Licenses, Prepaid Debit Cards & Reload Packs, Taxes, Previous Purchases, Household Consumables, Meijer Extended Protection Plans, Bottle Deposit. No Cash Back. Not to be combined with other Meijer Discount Coupons. Cannot double or triple coupon. Limit 1 coupon per transaction. Offer can only be used once

Does anyone know if Meijers usually counts the GC as a discount coupon?

This would be a good deal for me, I do shop fairly frequently at Meijers.

#7 Spuratis

Spuratis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

I don't think they would considering that is refering to when the item is being purchased. Not what you recieve after the fact.. that's just what I get from it though, I'm sure some places might try to make something up as they go along.

I might have to bite on this offer.. only if they do the 15% off though. Very tempting.

#8 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

There is no "s" after Meijer. Never understood that.

#9 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Haha, that always bothers me too.

#10 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's right next to Kmarts

#11 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

It's right next to Kmarts

And Best Buys

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#12 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Is there a link available to the ad-scan or website with the ad?

#13 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

And Best Buys

and Krogers

#14 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Wii U $350 + tax + games... that's a lot! I remember I wanted to buy one on release then I didn't because it was way too expensive and only NSMB U took my attention... hype :/

$300 + $70 GC sounds good though ^^ but I will just wait until more games are released and hopefully an official price cut is announce. But thanks OP! Nice find :D

#15 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Waiting for the second revision with a internal hard drive priced around $250. I imagine that should happen in the next 6 months. Otherwise I feel it will be hard for Nintendo to complete vs Microsoft and Sony.

One way or the other there will be a price drop coming.

#16 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Waiting for the second revision with a internal hard drive priced around $250. I imagine that should happen in the next 6 months. Otherwise I feel it will be hard for Nintendo to complete vs Microsoft and Sony.

I doubt Nintendo will release a new model this soon, especially one with an internal hard drive, or even an empty bay for one. They cut corners like crazy on the console itself, to accommodate the expensive gamepad controller; basically betting that the "tablet" would make up for a much weaker console. Doesn't look like that gamble will pay off, sadly.

#17 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Meijer has a deal!

#18 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

and Krogers

I can't believe Targets wasn't mentioned yet, lol.

xivpads.png

#19 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm under the assumption it will be $100 cheaper soon. They only sold 400k of these worldwide in the first quarter. They lowered sales predictions from 5.5 million to 4 million and they missed that by half a million so the install base is HORRIBLE.

#20 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

LOL keep dreaming

They MIGHT drop the price slightly, but probably not by more than $50.

And you can already use your own HDD or USB stick on the WiiU if you want more storage. I find it unlikely that they would add a bigger on board storage to the console in revisions. Nintendo has NEVER improved their consoles through revisions... only handhelds. In fact their "updated" Wii cut out backwards compatibility and component video.

#21 gooflee

gooflee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Haha, that always bothers me too.

The reason some people call it Meijer's is because the store used to be called Meijer's Thirty Acres. People shortened it to Meijer's. Later Meijer stop subleasing floor space - originally the different departments were owned and managed by different companies - Meijer started managing the departments themselves and changed the name. I feel old, now.

#22 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

LOL keep dreaming

They MIGHT drop the price slightly, but probably not by more than $50.

And you can already use your own HDD or USB stick on the WiiU if you want more storage. I find it unlikely that they would add a bigger on board storage to the console in revisions. Nintendo has NEVER improved their consoles through revisions... only handhelds. In fact their "updated" Wii cut out backwards compatibility and component video.

What about the top loading NES? That was an improvement

#23 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

The reason some people call it Meijer's is because the store used to be called Meijer's Thirty Acres. People shortened it to Meijer's. Later Meijer stop subleasing floor space - originally the different departments were owned and managed by different companies - Meijer started managing the departments themselves and changed the name. I feel old, now.

It was actually Meijer Thrifty Acres
Posted Image

#24 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hmm, I didnt know that. I'm 23 years old and have lived in Michigan my whole life and never heard that.

#25 illucio

illucio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

So is this deal for all Meijers? Because I might actually pick one up tomorrow if I can receive both a 15% discount and the 75 dollar gift card.... I have a 10 dollar meijer gift card sitting in my wallet for 3 years now....

Also, do I need any coupons or codes for the discount/deal?

#26 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Only more what?

$255 + tax - $75 credit for a basic = still not tempted.

#27 gooflee

gooflee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

It was actually Meijer Thrifty Acres

I should have caught of my misspelling. Told ya I feel old.:)

#28 maxfisher

maxfisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Looks like it's only on the Deluxe. I was feeling pretty tempted to buy the Basic, but that extra $42.50 is enough for me to wait for a deal when more games are out for the thing.

#29 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I should have caught of my misspelling. Told ya I feel old.:)

That simple error negates your entire argument.
Posted Image

#30 gooflee

gooflee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

That simple error negates your entire argument.

I hope I don't loose the argument with my wallet. Not sure if I want to take advantage of the offer, or skip it. Especially since Nintendo decided that they were going to phone it in at E3 by having no press conferences.