Photo
* * - - - 44 votes

Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6988 replies to this topic

#1471 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

This thing sounds like a piece of shit. WTF Microsoft. I guess it will be PS4 for me.

what happens if ps4 pulls the same tricks which is possible with EA droping online pass

#1472 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

so many unanswerd question about ps4 and x1 not sure how anyone can say screw x1 ps4 is what im buying. i can't remember the last system to have so many unanswered question after system reveals. only one that comes to my mind is wii u but that was announced year and half before release not six months before.

#1473 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

what happens if ps4 pulls the same tricks which is possible with EA droping online pass

Then I will just stay on PS3 and laugh at them when they realize nobody is going to buy those scam consoles.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=

#1474 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

XBLA and Games on Demand have not been cracked in the 8 years they have been out. I believe Microsoft feels very secure in their protection scheme which is why they are moving everything to it. Now you might be right, they may still put copy protection on the disc as a preventative measure, but as it stands right now, there is no need for it.

Do you mean they haven't been cracked in the sense that a standard 360 can't play them without getting them from Microsoft? Sure, but the same could be said for the 360 disc based games. All 360 content has been available on modified consoles for a while though so I don't how the X1 would be any more secure in the long run, especially with games still being sold on disc, data is there, just need to activate it. It'll take some time but it'll be cracked in some way. If anything I fully expect there to be a huge push to crack the X1 from the start just to shove it to Microsoft on their DRM schemes.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1475 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Screw both. No way in hell I will buy a system that does not have a tangible game that I can take with me anywhere and play on any system with no problems.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

#1476 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Do you mean they haven't been cracked in the sense that a standard 360 can't play them without getting them from Microsoft? Sure, but the same could be said for the 360 disc based games. All 360 content has been available on modified consoles for a while though so I don't how the X1 would be any more secure in the long run, especially with games still being sold on disc, data is there, just need to activate it. It'll take some time but it'll be cracked in some way. If anything I fully expect there to be a huge push to crack the X1 from the start just to shove it to Microsoft on their DRM schemes.

Yeah I hadn't looked in to hacking the 360 in years, so I actually researched and modified my post after finding out you can indeed pirate XBLA content.

125365.png

#1477 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Screw both. No way in hell I will buy a system that does not have a tangible game that I can take with me anywhere and play on any system with no problems.

people can fight them but sooner or later if you want a new game to play you will have to buy one or buy a high end gaming pc

#1478 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yeah I hadn't looked in to hacking the 360 in years, so I actually researched and modified my post after finding out you can indeed pirate XBLA content.

people even found a way to hack microsoft points codes. What is not to say that they will not do the same for x1 game activation codes seeing im sure they are on servers just like pre paid live point codes. which is another reason why game disc will have copy protection.

#1479 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Honestly the game activation scheme doesn't bother me as I've bought into a similar system for years: Steam. It's not exact same but it's extremely similar. I buy a disc at the store, install it and activate via steam to speed up the download. I can't play that on another machine without downloading it to that and logging in as myself. Even the online features to activate the game are similar, have to be online for the first launch and then can play the single player offline (and most of the multiplayer). Yes you can add cracks to play without launching the Steam client, but that goes against TOS. Microsoft is just embracing the PC philosophy with their console.

People ask what will Microsoft do if they want to start shutting down those activation servers or something along those lines, what will Steam do if the service is going out? They say they have plans but we have no real guarantees. I see no difference here.

all-banner.jpg

#1480 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Honestly the game activation scheme doesn't bother me as I've bought into a similar system for years: Steam. It's not exact same but it's extremely similar. I buy a disc at the store, install it and activate via steam to speed up the download. I can't play that on another machine without downloading it to that and logging in as myself. Even the online features to activate the game are similar, have to be online for the first launch and then can play the single player offline (and most of the multiplayer). Yes you can add cracks to play without launching the Steam client, but that goes against TOS. Microsoft is just embracing the PC philosophy with their console.

People ask what will Microsoft do if they want to start shutting down those activation servers or something along those lines, what will Steam do if the service is going out? They say they have plans but we have no real guarantees. I see no difference here.

im the same way but i remember when steam first started alot of pc gamers were not open to it and was thinking the same thing these guys are thinkg so i know how they feel. At this point i like the idea behind steam and the x1. the install game to hd and no disk needed is pretty sweet. once people realize we are in digital world they will be fine with all this.

#1481 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

seeing microsoft is allowing game companys set their own price it means we could very well get great deals like steam and amazon does for pc games. in the end this is good for gaming industry and consumer.

#1482 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

If they're going to treat console gaming like this, why the Fuck even own a console? It is literally a PC with some stupid fucking skin overlaid on your tv similar to how phone manufacturers skin android. It's completely unnecessary.

Oh and hey, if you buy a new PC, you can play your old games on it.

#1483 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

If they're going to treat console gaming like this, why the Fuck even own a console? It is literally a PC with some stupid fucking skin overlaid on your tv similar to how phone manufacturers skin android. It's completely unnecessary.

piracy is one of the main things to blame this on. piracy is one main reason why activision codes came to pc. piracy and jtag 360s are a bigger issue then most people think why do you think microsoft starting to test for them connected to live two years ago.

why are people so ma about no bc on ps4 and x1's bc ha limited number of games on 360 and it has not been possible on ps3 fats for over a year now and never on ps3 slims why would they put it back into systems after taking it out.

#1484 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'm not going to argue that point, as they are basically serving the same function. I will say that the console still helps the people who can't/wont build their own PCs that connect to your TV. The games are guaranteed to work on them, there isn't a worry about upgrading components every year and can have a lifecycle of 5-7 years depending upon the support by the manufacturer and game companies. My main room has a gaming rig, 360, Xbox and PS3 hooked up to the TV. The PC is what I typically buy most of my games for and I use a 360 controller for some of them that fit it better. It serves the same purpose as the 360 so I purchase in that manner, there are still console exclusives though.

I see the X1 as a step towards Microsoft trying to get a much stronger hold in PC gaming market, maybe even a step towards an item similar to the proposed Steamboxes but under the microsoft flag and store. I'd be willing to bet porting from X1 to PC or PC to X1 will be much simpler process and probably designed that way to be easier on the devs.

all-banner.jpg

#1485 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm not going to argue that point, as they are basically serving the same function. I will say that the console still helps the people who can't/wont build their own PCs that connect to your TV. The games are guaranteed to work on them, there isn't a worry about upgrading components every year and can have a lifecycle of 5-7 years depending upon the support by the manufacturer and game companies. My main room has a gaming rig, 360, Xbox and PS3 hooked up to the TV. The PC is what I typically buy most of my games for and I use a 360 controller for some of them that fit it better. It serves the same purpose as the 360 so I purchase in that manner, there are still console exclusives though.

I see the X1 as a step towards Microsoft trying to get a much stronger hold in PC gaming market, maybe even a step towards an item similar to the proposed Steamboxes but under the microsoft flag and store. I'd be willing to bet porting from X1 to PC or PC to X1 will be much simpler process and probably designed that way to be easier on the devs.

ps4 and x1s are pretty much a gaming pc it will help make better games. if people on't buy ps4 and x1s because of the dumb used game thing they will miss out on great games for years to come.

#1486 burbs1989

burbs1989

Pardon my glove......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

If Sony doesn't do the "needs to be connected once every 24hrs" and doesn't do the "extra fee for buying a used game" crap Sony will have a winner with the PS4. Gamestop may be bad sometimes, but MS is worse.

#1487 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

If Sony doesn't do the "needs to be connected once every 24hrs" and doesn't do the "extra fee for buying a used game" crap Sony will have a winner with the PS4. Gamestop may be bad sometimes, but MS is worse.

sounds like ps4 will give the game makers the option to block use games which i think will end up happing on x1's

#1488 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

EightBitArtist.png

#1489 burbs1989

burbs1989

Pardon my glove......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

When game/console companies start blocking used games, we should call it "Timbowing".......

#1490 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Posted Image

100th person to post this

#1491 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

its so hilarious, another 100 should post it

EightBitArtist.png

#1492 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

All The Details, reactions, speculations for E3 for the XBOX ONE from an Indy Podcast

http://vsnarcadepodc...T17_46_56-07_00

plz check it out

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#1493 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

people can fight them but sooner or later if you want a new game to play you will have to buy one or buy a high end gaming pc

Or I can just wait until they get rid of all this nonsense when they realize their sales plummeting. :)
Mark Twain

#1494 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

http://www.gamersher...etting-screwed/

In short MS will lock the discount for "Used" games at 10% of MSRP. This news is very disheartening.

I am however not 100% convinced on this as it is "leaked" by a smaller site

8Edit

Here's a link to the original article

http://www.consolede...re-30-each-2201

#1495 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

I am really getting tired of the "what's the big deal -- it's just like pc gaming!" Crap. If I wanted to be a pc gamer, I'd buy a pc.

#1496 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Top 5 posters in this thread:

TimboSliceGB 255
RedvsBlue 58
Blaster man 46
RiPPn 41
dmaul1114 40

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#1497 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

TimboSliceGB 255
RedvsBlue 58
Blaster man 46
RiPPn 41
dmaul1114 40

I'm not in the running? Boo-Urns.

Interesting side note; I just got a email confirming my RSVP for the Xbox E3 Media Briefing. I would live blog it here but as it's being streamed I feel it's pointless.
Here's hoping for some free swag, maybe a X1/XO/XBone/XOne/etc.
[FONT="]
[/FONT]

#1498 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

piracy is one of the main things to blame this on. piracy is one main reason why activision codes came to pc. piracy and jtag 360s are a bigger issue then most people think why do you think microsoft starting to test for them connected to live two years ago.

I'm sure the best way to combat piracy is with anti-consumer policies like restrictive DRM, loosing your library when you upgrade and keeping the price of your games high.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#1499 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

TimboSliceGB 255
RedvsBlue 58
Blaster man 46
RiPPn 41
dmaul1114 40

This can't be right...

I am really getting tired of the "what's the big deal -- it's just like pc gaming!" Crap. If I wanted to be a pc gamer, I'd buy a pc.

This. I really doubt PS4 will be as strict as xOne for the simple reason that the Japanese culture isn't quite the same as america culture. That said, I'm not an expert of Japanese culture so I won't pretend to know intricacies of it.

#1500 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

Can you tell the difference between Xbox360 graphics and XboxOne graphics? http://www.cracked.c...in-everything/'>Find out for yourself.