Photo
- - - - -

4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#481 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Like everyone else I got turned down at Walmart, kind of dumb logic since if they only sell the one version of the game with the bundle at the same price they should still consider it the same game. Glad I'm not giving them my business though, just wish I had that 30 or so minutes of my life back.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#482 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Like everyone else I got turned down at Walmart, kind of dumb logic since if they only sell the one version of the game with the bundle at the same price they should still consider it the same game. Glad I'm not giving them my business though, just wish I had that 30 or so minutes of my life back.

I agree it is dumb logic. I got shot down at my Wal-mart on the first attempt. I went to the same Wal-mart again and didn't have a single issue getting it price matched when different people was working.

The time I got shot down she looked at the ad and said this isn't the bundle. I was like the bundle is Wal-mart excuse, but its the same game and all Wal-mart sells is the bundle. She was like oh we can't do it then. I thought where's the logic in that...

I tried it again and it was a success. The woman looked at the ad and called csm. I was nervous... I assumed the csm would look it over and be like we can't do that, but he was in such a hurry he didn't check anything.

I would recommend trying it once more a different day, but they still might not do anything and you wasted another trip.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#483 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

I just ended up getting it at BBY, I really could care less about the other game and the DLC would have been nice but not worth my continued time and hassle.

Edit- I bought it for PS3, despite not having a PS3 at the time, but now I'm having a system dilemma if anyone cares to chime in: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=342630

Edited by amusedtoe, 30 April 2013 - 07:41 AM.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#484 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Thought about trying my local Walmart, but then I remembered I had a $20 RZ certificate for BB, so I got it matched there. All told, $15.xx out of pocket, not too bad for a 2 week old game.
Posted Image

#485 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

At toysrus when u buy a $34.99 or higher game u get a $10 gc.

#486 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

The email I got said $35 and it had to be regular price.

#487 Bivensra

Bivensra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I bought the game on release day from TRU for the figure and guide. Today they gave me an adjustment of $26.

#488 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Is this selected areas or does it involve a coupon?

I bought a $39.99 (regular price) 3DS game today and injustice at $34.99 and DID NOT get a gift card.

#489 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Is this selected areas or does it involve a coupon?

I bought a $39.99 (regular price) 3DS game today and injustice at $34.99 and DID NOT get a gift card.

It's a coupon. Link was posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.toysrus.c...berShopping.pdf

#490 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

The point is that its not the same game. Its like trying to double dip so any PM is highly YMMV.

#491 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

The point is that its not the same game. Its like trying to double dip so any PM is highly YMMV.

It is the same game they just choose to bundle in a 5 year old game as a promo to the consumer. Which is great but they shouldn't punish the consumer when the price on the game drops and they refuse to honor their policy. I'd be surprised if mk v dc is even worth 10 dollars they probably bundled it because they needed to get rid old stock in the first place. Walmart can take the hit, they're just assholes who won't.

Personally I wouldn't shop at Walmart(they're a dirty company that exploits its own people and ruins local business)but if I were you guys I'd at least be a pain in the ass to them for not matching.

#492 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Justice for Injustice! After meeting strong resistance over the weekend, yesterday, I gave it my best shot. I stopped by another TRU and politely asked for their sales flyer. I then drove to the Wal-Mart and asked the salesman for the xbox 360 version, which was the last one on the shelf. I then confirmed with him that they still PM'd and showed him the ad. He commented on what a great deal I was getting, and called over the manager for the override. They cut out the listing from the sales flyer to file with the receipt, and congratulated me on finding such a good deal. No hassles about the MK vs DC extra game. No hassles about the sale. So thanks again for all the help and kudos to the OP!

On a side note, the Arkham Skins DLC codes expire today. If you're looking to cash in or haven't used the code yet, make haste! The DLC offer expires 4/30/13.

#493 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

I wonder if by the fact that the skins expiring today it means they'll be on XBL/PSN soon.

#494 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

I wonder if by the fact that the skins expiring today it means they'll be on XBL/PSN soon.

I assume they'll be on PSN/XBL before July. They put a decent amount of work into the preorder bonuses (especially the Red Son pack), so I doubt they'd make it pre-order exclusive. I'm assuming it'll be around $4.99 each and possibly also included in the Season Pass.

#495 darkbase

darkbase

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Citation please? I know this isn't the politics forum, but give me a break, Wal-Mart starts their employees at (slightly) above minimum wage, which is more than most other entry level jobs in the retail sector pay. Really though, is it really that shocking to learn that low skilled jobs also pay low wages? How scandalous!

Source

"The Los Angeles group also released a report on the impact of Wal-Mart on communities, stating that employees earn 20% less than the average retail worker earns and more than $10,000 less than what the average two-person family needs to meet its basic needs. The company enrolls fewer than half of its employees in its costly health insurance plan, compared to 67% for the average large employer."

To be clear, I never said anything about what kind of pay a "low-skilled job" at WalMart merits, I was only comparing a typical wage earned by a WalMart employee to other retailer employees.

Let's not forget various the various other ways Wal-Mart abuses their own workforce.

In 2008, Walmart agreed to pay at least $352 million to settle lawsuits claiming that it forced employees to work off the clock in what is described as the "largest settlement ever for lawsuits over wage violations."

While increasing starting pay by as much as 6% in 2006, WalMart also introduced wage caps, in an effort to edge out veteran employees.

In 2008, the Mexican Supreme Court ruled against WalMart paying their employees in part with vouchers only spendable at the company's own stores, and compared the practice to former dictator Porfirio Diaz, who practiced a very similar program.

#496 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

On a side note, the Arkham Skins DLC codes expire today. If you're looking to cash in or haven't used the code yet, make haste! The DLC offer expires 4/30/13.

Ouch.... My copy isn't scheduled to arrive until Friday.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#497 ccjmli

ccjmli

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

No copies left on the shelf at my BBY (too many CAGs in the area?) but they had copies up front. PM no problem, from TRU website on my phone.

#498 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hmm. I think ill hold out for the GOTY.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#499 kcobra22

kcobra22

#ShouldaDrankOverCharge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Isn't it april 30th, 2018? I believe this was brought up earlier in this thread.

#500 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

you can see it in their virtual ad here:

http://toysrus.shopl...ion=entryflash

#501 rhetoric

rhetoric

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

What a pita it's been to get this game. Toys R Us near me, sold out, Best Buy near me, sold out, Target near me, sold out and no Amazon price match. Ended up finally getting a price match from the Target near my job.

#502 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I was tempted to hit up TRU, called the closest store and talked to the people I know there (worked there up until a few weeks ago) and they're out. If amazon matched I'd get it, otherwise I'm in no rush and have a huge backlog so I'll wait until it gets cheaper down the line or another version with the extra content comes out.

#503 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thats my thinking. At first I wanted to get it but I think its only because its a two week game that's almost have price. I also don't have the greatest interest in fighters. Plus I have a feeling it might be a gold box deal in the near future.
Posted Image Who cares about these invisible things?

Alright kids the worlds ending, back on the bus.

#504 guessed

guessed

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

It's a coupon. Link was posted earlier in the thread:

http://www.toysrus.c...berShopping.pdf

Any reports of wether it works or not?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#505 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

My problem is that Superman is evil -- I like the Elseworlds ideas as much as the next person, but I'm not as drawn to this game because I think it almost goes too far with reimagining the DC-verse. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nostalgic old-timer.

#506 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

My problem is that Superman is evil -- I like the Elseworlds ideas as much as the next person, but I'm not as drawn to this game because I think it almost goes too far with reimagining the DC-verse. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nostalgic old-timer.

Have you read the Injustice comic?
I understand this is an extreme "what if" scenario but if you read it you'll understand why he is "evil".
Posted Image

#507 mikeohara

mikeohara

Metal Is Not Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

provided nowhere is sold out where I live, I'll be picking up Injustice (PS3 Version) and then going to GS to buy the season pass on Friday.

I run a fighting game group in East Texas where I live, and this game has been heavily demanded by participants for our next event (scheduled at the end of August).

Edited by mikeohara, 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#508 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Superman isn't evil in the game. The alternate-world Superman is, but not our world's Superman...

#509 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

provided nowhere is sold out where I live, I'll be picking up Injustice (PS3 Version) and then going to GS to buy the season pass on Friday.

I run a fighting game group in East Texas where I live, and this game has been heavily demanded by participants for our next event (scheduled at the end of August).

East Texas? Like, Houston?

#510 Prinze

Prinze

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Guys, I'm really on the fence... I am not a huge fan of fighting games but after playing the demo i thought this game was awesome! I wanna see if i pm at walmart to get MK vs DC... but should i go for it? I don't wanna waste money, have fun for a while, and then leave it on the shelf to collect dust. What should i do my fellow CAGers?