4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#511 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Guys, I'm really on the fence... I am not a huge fan of fighting games but after playing the demo i thought this game was awesome! I wanna see if i pm at walmart to get MK vs DC... but should i go for it? I don't wanna waste money, have fun for a while, and then leave it on the shelf to collect dust. What should i do my fellow CAGers?

Just PM it at BB or pick up at TRU. Not sure why so many people want a free, POS game from 5 years ago..

#512 Prinze

Prinze

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

It is free and we are CAGers but i just want it because it's 2 games for $35 and to get the trophies lol, pretty sweet deal but the question is... should i bite?

#513 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

You also get the awesome Arkham City skins for Batman, Catwoman, and the Joker. And you can sell that POS game if you don't want it.

#514 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Just PM it at BB or pick up at TRU. Not sure why so many people want a free, POS game from 5 years ago..

Really?

How about so you can trade it in for a few bucks to bring your total cost down?
And how about the code for the skins that the WM version also comes with? You can either use those, sell them or trade them?

The question should be, why are so many people still waiting on Amazon, and not taking advantage of this deal before it goes away. I know people have credit, but Amazon will have other deals that you can use your credit on, won't they?
Why let this slip away?

#515 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

It is free and we are CAGers but i just want it because it's 2 games for $35 and to get the trophies lol, pretty sweet deal but the question is... should i bite?

So buy it! And CAGers? Really? lol

#516 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

While this is a good deal, I'm holding out for the "Komplete" edition or whatever it is. I can wait, especially with MK still to play. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#517 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

So buy it! And CAGers? Really? lol

cheap ass gamerers

#518 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Cheap-Ass Gameras

#519 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

Is this game cool on the Wii U?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#520 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Really?

How about so you can trade it in for a few bucks to bring your total cost down?
And how about the code for the skins that the WM version also comes with? You can either use those, sell them or trade them?

The question should be, why are so many people still waiting on Amazon, and not taking advantage of this deal before it goes away. I know people have credit, but Amazon will have other deals that you can use your credit on, won't they?
Why let this slip away?

The original person I was responding to said nothing about the DLC and said he wanted to PM Walmart specifically for the MKvsDC game. Obviously, the skins are a bonus IFFFF you can get Walmart to PM (which they shouldn't).

#521 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Anyone get Walmart to price match? Gonna go tomorrow and try.

#522 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

My problem is that Superman is evil -- I like the Elseworlds ideas as much as the next person, but I'm not as drawn to this game because I think it almost goes too far with reimagining the DC-verse. Yeah, yeah, I'm a nostalgic old-timer.

Didn't it pretty much just rip off a justice league episode? To me they captured the DCU spot on. I remember watching the show on cartoon network and seeing sci-fi alternate reality twilight-zone arcs all the time.

The only thing i don't like is that netherealm used that ridiculous super-voluptuous model from MK9 on wonder woman. It's nice to look at but it just makes them gamer culture look bad and it makes no sense. I mean while nice to look at, why would a fiercely independent amazonian like Wonder woman get a boob job? And that most certainly is a boob job. Even if it is just a game no woman naturally stacks like that especially not one who's as involved in athletics and weight lifting as i'm sure wonder woman was in her adolescence, it's just not functional. But that's just super nit-picky on my part.

IDK i couldn't stomach the graphics of MK v DC long enough to get through the video review and 3d fighters are terrible.

#523 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

Just got back from Walmart and the fucking bitches wouldn't Price Match it. Gave me all kinds of BS, finally walked out.

And the other Walmart is out of stock. Might try it again in the morning and if it doesn't work, I guess I'll go to Best Buy

Edit: I really shouldn't have read through most of this thread, seeing all these people successfully getting PM's at Walmart is just making me rage harder...

Edited by Glass_Ghost_0, 01 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#524 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Shouldn't be raging at all, it's a bundle, not the individual game. It's always been ymmv on this one. I'm disappointed I didn't get the price match, but not really mad.

#525 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Shouldn't be raging at all, it's a bundle, not the individual game. It's always been ymmv on this one. I'm disappointed I didn't get the price match, but not really mad.

Shouldn't matter. Nothing like that in their policy. That's the only version they have and it's the same price with a free item. There's no reason that they shouldn't price match it.

#526 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

I waited for amazon to match as long as I could. Went by TRU today and they were all sold out. Went over to Target and got their last copy of the PS3 game (which came with the Justice League: Doom movie) and they PM'd the TRU price.

Can't believe this game dropped so much in price so quickly after release. Disappointed amazon didn't match as normally they are all over this kind of thing.

#527 Snukadaman

Snukadaman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Toys r u near me had 6 copy's for the Xbox 360. 6 copy's for a great sale is ridiculous.

#528 DrunknIronRabit

DrunknIronRabit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

And this is why you NEVER buy a new game at launch...

Actually if you had you would have had the strategy guide for free from them, and the batman injustice gods among us figure and then had it price adjusted via this sale.., trust me theres enough sales and stuff going on that you can ALWAYS get games first day and then play the receipts and stores off of each other and not only get alot of stuff/all the retailer DLC but almost always the game for less than half off ;p

#529 guessed

guessed

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Has anyone successfully used the $10 GC with $35 VG purchase on Injustice? Does it ring up automatically, or require an override? Today is the last day for the coupon.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#530 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Shouldn't matter. Nothing like that in their policy. That's the only version they have and it's the same price with a free item. There's no reason that they shouldn't price match it.

Different upc, different item.

#531 e-PReDATOR

e-PReDATOR

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Would like to know about that $10 off rewards coupon as well, anyone try using it yet?

#532 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Honestly though, $35 is a decent price, but I'll wait for a complete edition. I've got plenty of games to catch up on right now.

#533 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Different upc, different item.

Except it's not. Every store usually has some kind of bonus item with a game and that's what Walmart's bonus item was. It was a free item and both items had the same original price.

And I'm not really even mad about them not price matching it, it was more of just the experience and bs I was fed.

First of all, why is the person in electronics a 70 year old woman? She didn't even know what I was buying.

You know, it would be different if they were selling the game like as standalone as well as the double pack

#534 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Except it's not.

Except that it IS.

Walmart UPC: 883929334308
TRU UPC: 883929265978

Different UPCs are completely different items, even if the content is the same. Period. Retailers don't care what you have to say about it, the fact is the UPC rules everything. You might as well try and say the X360 version is the same item as the PS3 version. They're not. Pretty sure their pricing policy indicates "exact same item" - which in this case they are not in fact the exact same item.

#535 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Except that it IS.

Walmart UPC: 883929334308
TRU UPC: 883929265978

Different UPCs are completely different items, even if the content is the same. Period. Retailers don't care what you have to say about it, the fact is the UPC rules everything. You might as well try and say the X360 version is the same item as the PS3 version. They're not. Pretty sure their pricing policy indicates "exact same item" - which in this case they are not in fact the exact same item.

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
    • example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"
  • Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
    • example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"
  • Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
    • example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
  • Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
  • Going out of business or closeout prices
  • Percentage off
    • example: "All mascara, 40% off"
  • Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

• Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
  • Internet pricing
  • Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
  • "Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices
That is their Price Match Policy. It doesn't fall under any of these

#536 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

I can't read the first line of a policy I am quoting.

"We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match."

http://corporate.wal...match-guarantee

It is not in fact an identical product. If you think it is then look up the meaning of identical.

#537 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

"We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match."

http://corporate.wal...match-guarantee

It is not in fact an identical product. If you think it is then look up the meaning of identical.

If there isn't any fine print stating otherwise, than it's an identical item.

#538 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

You need a dictionary. If it has different UPC's it does NOT fall under the meaning of the word identical.

identical  
i·den·ti·cal [ahy-den-ti-kuhl, ih-den-]
adjective
similar or alike in every way

http://dictionary.re...rowse/identical

I'm sorry that you feel like they need to define every word for you, but in the end you're simply wrong. They have no reason to honor that price match other than displaying good customer service.

Not to mention it's not like it's a legally binding document either.

#539 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

You need a dictionary. If it has different UPC's it does NOT fall under the meaning of the word identical.

identical  
i·den·ti·cal [ahy-den-ti-kuhl, ih-den-]
adjective
similar or alike in every way

http://dictionary.re...rowse/identical

I'm sorry that you feel like they need to define every word for you, but in the end you're simply wrong. They have no reason to honor that price match other than displaying good customer service.

You don't have to define anything for me, you're only doing that because you feel the need to be a jerk.

I price matched Assassin's Creed Revelations at the same exact Walmart and it's the Walmart version. This bitch said that she would never price match anything that had Walmart bonus items.

And they never even compared upc numbers, they didn't even look at my ad, they wouldn't do it because they thought they were being ripped off because it came with another game.

I didn't even fucking care about the game, they are the only store in my area that has the game in stock. All I wanted was the damn game. Only assholes would go that far to not do a price match on an identical item (Both Injustice games are the same, idc about the damn upc numbers) and is the only version they have.

#540 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Honestly, its pretty dumb on their part as they don't even give you the choice of buying Injustice on its own.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png