4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#541 JaYsTeR104

JaYsTeR104

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

I agree with Ghost the extra item is "FREE" there not charging you for it. There charging you for the game itself. Plus it's the only version of the game they got.
[URL="http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/JaYsTeR_X104"]Posted Image[/URL]

#542 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

No problem with a PM at Best Buy. Had been sold out a few days ago, but I guess a new shipment came in today since there were maybe 10+ copies. Used a RZ cert and a GC to get it for 0 out of pocket. For those saying it's sold out, just ask the people at BB to OMS it for you. Can even have it shipped to your house, and you'll get the 34.99 price.

#543 purbeast

purbeast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

i just ran by local TRU (columbia, md) and they were out of it for 360. i grabbed the ad and headed to target but they look like they don't even carry it. ran to best buy and they had 1 left on the shelf and i had no problem pm'ing it.

#544 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Honestly, its pretty dumb on their part as they don't even give you the choice of buying Injustice on its own.

Pretty smart on their part because then they don't have to price match anything. Stores do this all the time, getting custom models of TVs, etc. You see it a lot around Black Friday.

#545 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Honestly, its pretty dumb on their part as they don't even give you the choice of buying Injustice on its own.

But its a retailer specific bonus. They do this to distinguish themselves from competitors. The PM policy was never intended to stack with those offers. PM's at their core are designed to simply match the price assuming both offers are equal. These offers between Walmart vs. etc are not as it is a specific retailer bonus.

These PM's are YMMV so personally its not worth the effort at Walmart if you have BB in the area.

#546 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Walmart as a whole is just not worth it to try to PM. Even if it is the exact same item they will refuse it.

Walmart is really only worth shopping at during Black Friday.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#547 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone price match when the local stores don't have it? In the Bay Area no TRU has the game, so who would PM it without a major hassle?

#548 keroppilee

keroppilee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

Is there any way to get this deal without doing all the work in advance? I remember I got in trouble with my gf a few years ago being late to a dinner because I was buying a copy of MK so I could price match the drop to 35$ a few days later. Seems like it is OOS at every toysrus now.

#549 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Only assholes would go that far to not do a price match on an identical item (Both Injustice games are the same, idc about the damn upc numbers) and is the only version they have.

How the Fuck can you call them 'identical' in your own post and then state they have different UPC #'s?

What level of retard are you?

As someone who has purchased BOTH the Walmart version AND the TRU version, let me break it down for you:

The Walmart Injustice box IS NOT the same box that TRU, BB, and Target all have. On the back of the Walmart box, there is NO UPC CODE and it SPECIFICALLY states 'no proof of purchase.' Further, the Walmart Injustice box is OPENED (ie, not sealed) and the DLC content is inside of it.

The product you are purchasing at Walmart IS NOT the same as TRU, BB, and Target. It is, quite literally, not identical.

The people who have had success PMing at their local Walmarts were lucky. It is not something Walmart should PM. It is a very YMMV deal.

#550 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

How the Fuck can you call them 'identical' in your own post and then state they have different UPC #'s?

As someone who has purchased BOTH the Walmart version AND the TRU version, let me break it down for you:

The Walmart Injustice box IS NOT the same box that TRU, BB, and Target all have. On the back of the Walmart box, there is NO UPC CODE and it SPECIFICALLY states 'no proof of purchase.' Further, the Walmart Injustice box is OPENED (ie, not sealed) and the DLC content is inside of it.

The product you are purchasing at Walmart IS NOT the same as TRU, BB, and Target. It is, quite literally, not identical.

The people who have had success PMing at their local Walmarts were lucky. It is not something Walmart should PM. It is a very YMMV deal.

Again, nothing was being compared other than they thought I was ripping them off, they didn't even know what it was that I was buying.

Again, I don't give a shit what the upc numbers are. I put in a copy from TRU, it's the same fucking game as a copy from Walmart.

If people could read, I'm not upset about not getting it pm'd, I'm upset about the experience and the lack of knowledge on their part.

Walmart is just a shitty place

#551 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

You know that, I know that, they know that themselves.
You are to blame if you had any type of expectations when you shop there.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#552 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Are you sure of that? Every copy I've seen at Target has a sticker with Justice League Doom on it, which leads me to believe those versions include the movie. Never really looked at the sticker as I didn't care at the time, but I don't think that version is the same either.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#553 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

t.

I have the exact opposite experience with Walmart. I find that since they don't have a lot of deals they always have stock. It is my favorite place to PM a deal (assuming I have a physical ad) because they have extended hours and don't give me any gruff---again assuming that it is the identical item and I'm price matching a set price.

However Walmart is very black and white. If you think you're going to try and get cute and PM a BxGx or a superior bundle you're going to get shot down. It's that simple.

As far as I know TRU wasn't selling Injustice and MK vs DC with Walmart exclusive DLC for $34.99. I'll have to check their flier but if they (TRU) were selling that same bundle for $34.99 then a PM at Walmart should have been painless.

#554 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Are you sure of that? Every copy I've seen at Target has a sticker with Justice League Doom on it, which leads me to believe those versions include the movie. Never really looked at the sticker as I didn't care at the time, but I don't think that version is the same either.

The exception does NOT make the rule. Target does not have to approve that PM either but they very well may. Depends on how does the price match and how thorough they are being. It is my experience that Target is more liberal in what they'll price match... but not always because many times they get out their stupid little iPads and double check online prices.

Many people weren't able to get Target to PM prices on Tomb Raider when they only had stock of the steelbook editions because it wasn't the same item.

#555 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Actually, it all comes down to whether or not the employee you're dealing with is an ass or not.

Anyone that runs a register at Walmart has soooo much freedom to do whatever they want.

They really only have to have 3 things approved, a keyed card (not all cards even), if coupons go over a certain amount, and if price matches go over a certain amount.

Grandma could have just pm'd the damn thing but she thought I was buying a bundle

#556 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

It's also about how you go about attempting to get the pricematch done. It's not about if the employee is an ass or not, it's about whether they feel they should go out of their way to help you or not. As someone whos worked retail, I can tell you a simple smile and a friendly attitude go a long way. I'd always try to help people that were nice. However, if you came up to me with a bitchy attitude and acted like I HAD to do extra stuff to help you get something, you can take that bullshit elsewhere and go Fuck yourself. Hell, even if you were being normal (not bitchy or nice), I probably wouldn't do shit to help out if I was having a crappy day. Whenever someone came to me joking around or being chatty, I'd go to bat for them with management and got them whatever the hell it was they wanted. Granted, some people are generally just not going to go out of their way to help with something no matter what.

#557 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I get that too, which is why I was very nice when I approached them and was nice up until the end.

#558 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

If people could read, I'm not upset about not getting it pm'd, I'm upset about the experience and the lack of knowledge on their part.

Lets not forget your lack of knowledge too. And if youre not upset then why are you very hostile towards everything and everyone? As everyone has mentioned the policy for every place that price match is identical item. The fact that it comes with extra disqualifies it. Simple as that. Being able to get it honor is ymmv and thats why many people put that in their post. Some people dont mind trying but you really shouldnt be going into a tantrum over it. You either try a different location or different store. Dont get mad at someone who was technically doing their job correctly.

Yeah youre probably going to call me a jerk but you know what you were being a jerk too.

#559 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Actually, it all comes down to whether or not the employee you're dealing with is an ass or not.

Anyone that runs a register at Walmart has soooo much freedom to do whatever they want.

They really only have to have 3 things approved, a keyed card (not all cards even), if coupons go over a certain amount, and if price matches go over a certain amount.

Grandma could have just pm'd the damn thing but she thought I was buying a bundle

I can guarantee that because the PM was ~ $25 a manager would need to give approval and enter their key/credentials.

Which means even if the employee gave the okay the manager could still override that decision and even if the manager gave the okay as well they could still gave the employee a hard time for being to liberal with the price match policy.

#560 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

It's whatever people. Won't share my experiences anymore. YMMV

Don't get why everyone is so quick to defend retailers, at least Walmart.

In my book Gamestop is 1,000x better than Walmart

Sorry to cause trouble.

#561 BEASTMODE863

BEASTMODE863

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

so my first attempt at gettin the PM at Walmart was a failure, so i called around to the other Walmarts in the area & found one that would honor the PM, i was given the excuse of 'its a bundle & thats all we carry so it cannot be honored' i tried explaining that it was the same exact price & no bite. so i called another store & they told me that it would be honored as long as i have the ad in hand, so i went there & all it took was a price override from the customer service manager. i think it all depends on who is working at the time you go in.

#562 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

i think it all depends on who is working at the time you go in.

Yep

#563 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

In my book Gamestop is 1,000x better than Walmart

Sorry to cause trouble.

Yeah Gamestop's PM policy is 1000x better then Walmart's :roll:

Continue to share your experiences. Believe it or not it's welcome and appreciated but their isn't a lot of sympathy on this site when a store adheres to its rules.

#564 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yeah Gamestop's PM policy is 1000x better then Walmart's :roll:

Continue to share your experiences. Believe it or not it's welcome and appreciated but their isn't a lot of sympathy on this site when a store adheres to its rules.

I just meant that everyone seems to hate Gamestop more than anything else but I've only ever had 1 bad experience at a Gamestop. Other than that, they've been some of the nicest shopping experiences I've ever had

#565 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yep ^

Regular Priced Items

#566 emnmnme

emnmnme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Did amazon.com ever agree to lower their price? I see on their FAQ they don't usually price match but a bunch of people here tried so I'm curious if they got a deal.

#567 webkatt

webkatt

CAGastrophe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

so tempted to buy this

#568 purduealum91

purduealum91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

As far as I know, Amazon hasn't matched.

#569 guessed

guessed

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

I read the T&C just to be sure but nearly all (including this TRU Coupon) exclude video games.

It also excludes sale items.

I think the only TRU coupons that work on video games are ones that are made intentionally for a specific game.

Not always, there is this one:

Just got this in my email:

Posted Image

Free $10 gift card with any regular priced video game purchase of $35 or more. (Rewards R Us members only, Valid Apr. 30 - May 1)

Might sweeten the deal for some people.

Link to coupon:

TRU Free $10 Coupon

I tried using it, but it didn't work. I don't know for sure if it was because this is $34.99 (one penny shy of the "$35" minimum), or because it is on sale (i.e. not regular-price), but my guess is that it is because of the missing penny. I tried adding a $20 eShop card to the order, but that didn't do it, possibly because the coupon is not meant for multiple items (it is unclear if that is the case), or possibly because an eShop card may not count as a "video game purchase" (also unclear if accessories are allowed). I didn't have much time to try different permutations, but I am guessing that if I had bought 2 copies, it might have worked. They were out of the 360 version anyway, which would have been my preference.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#570 Potatoechomper12

Potatoechomper12

Potatoe pewper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Does anyone know if Walmart will be selling the single copy of Injustice anytime soon? :)