4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#31 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Whew--just canceled my order I had placed 15 minutes before I saw this thread.

#32 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Whew--just canceled my order I had placed 15 minutes before I saw this thread.

I'm glad that I helped a few fellow cags

#33 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I may pick up Injustice for my Wii U...I dunno, I'm not very good at fighting games...hmm.

oIi9lub.png

#34 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

I think buying new games at launch is fine. As long as you kept your receipt.

so do you buy it and not open it?

how do you return a game you already played and get a full refund?

#35 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

Not suprised since MK dropped in price quickly as well. Great price but I'll wait for the Komplete edition.

No it didn't. Only TRU had a $25 sale on the game with a coupon stack. After that the price held up considerably well.

#36 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Buy the game on sale, take that copy and return it using the original purchase receipt.

oIi9lub.png

#37 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Within returnable window, buy from TRU for 35 bucks. And return the seal copy to the store you originally bought. Got to double check on the matching bar code first.

#38 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Within returnable window, buy from TRU for 35 bucks. And return the seal copy to the store you originally bought. Got to double check on the matching bar code first.

I'd do this with my GS copy, but I feel like they'd ban me

#39 jaimefbh

jaimefbh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I believe he means the fact that you can't price adjust from other retailers post purchase.

My understanding is that you can, as long the purchase was made prior to 4/19. You would be under the old PM policy, purchases after 4/19 you can only PM best buy, and only for 15 days.

#40 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'd do this with my GS copy, but I feel like they'd ban me

Don't shop at GameStop.

#41 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thanks OP. Injustice sale wooohooo!
Is this price only in-store or it will be an online sale as well?
Anyway, I kindly suggest my fellow CAGers to submit a "tell us about a lower price" (PS3 and 360) request to Amazon as soon as this goes live on sunday.
Posted Image

#42 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Don't shop at GameStop.

Still gonna do it lol. They only do regional bans, and ill be out of the region in 3 weeks

#43 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

$25 off after 2 weeks?? Did this sell really poorly and I am missing something. New PM policy at BB doesn't allow post purchase PMing from other retailers, but I am willing to try for $25. Anyone have any success doing this since the policy change? (I realize it will be YMMV even if you did).

Worst case you should be able to pricematch another copy then return the sealed new copy with the original copy receipt, as long as it falls within the return period.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#44 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

My understanding is that you can, as long the purchase was made prior to 4/19. You would be under the old PM policy, purchases after 4/19 you can only PM best buy, and only for 15 days.

No, you can't. Only purchases from 3/2 and before were still eligible for price matching competitors post-purchase. Between 3/3 and 4/19 or whenever the cutoff is, purchases could be price matched to Best Buy within 60 days for Silver members.

#45 Dryeh

Dryeh

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Still gonna do it lol. They only do regional bans, and ill be out of the region in 3 weeks

If you bought a sealed copy from GS then it shouldn't matter because unless its a different edition all games will have the same barcode since they are produced by the same manufacturer. Hence returning an "exact same" sealed copy.

#46 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

If you bought a sealed copy from GS then it shouldn't matter because unless its a different edition all games will have the same barcode since they are produced by the same manufacturer. Hence returning an "exact same" sealed copy.

The problem is some butthurt employee flagged me for doing "Returns and keeping promo items" because I returned a cop of Ni No Kuni and kept the steelbook. So now I look extra fishy whenever I do a return.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

The problem is some butthurt employee flagged me for doing "Returns and keeping promo items" because I returned a cop of Ni No Kuni and kept the steelbook. So now I look extra fishy whenever I do a return.

whenever i do returns to gamestop i never return it at the store that i bought it but i guess it works better for me since i have like 7 gamestops within a 5 mile radius

#48 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I got a copy from Gamestop but already redeemed the Red Son bonus DLC code that was on the receipt. Does that disqualify me from returning the game? I haven't even touched that DLC yet either...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

whenever i do returns to gamestop i never return it at the store that i bought it but i guess it works better for me since i have like 7 gamestops within a 5 mile radius

Thats what I did as well, hell, the Ni No Kuni was probably the first game I had brought from GS in like 3 months <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's pricesfor purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

So if you purchased on release date, 4/16 you should be able to do the price match.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. You even contradict yourself with the BBY policy material you copied and pasted.

If you bought Injustice at BBY on or before April 18 and you are a Silver member, you have 60 days to PM BEST BUY'S prices only.

Sorry, I just hate it when misinformation is spread about the BBY policy change.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#51 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

I was going to pass on this deal, however....
I just stopped at my local TRU, and they still had one of those Batman figures that you get free with purchase of Injustice this week.
So I picked up the game and figure tonight, and I'll have the price adjusted on Sunday. I just have to hope I can find someone to buy this ugly-ass figure off me for between $15-$20.
There was one that sold at $20 on ebay, one at $15 and a couple that didn't sell.

#52 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

I was going to pass on this deal, however....
I just stopped at my local TRU, and they still had one of those Batman figures that you get free with purchase of Injustice this week.
So I picked up the game and figure tonight, and I'll have the price adjusted on Sunday. I just have to hope I can find someone to buy this ugly-ass figure off me for between $15-$20.
There was one that sold at $20 on ebay, one at $15 and a couple that didn't sell.

good luck with that, since when they return to do price adjustment it might deduct the cost of the figure from your game.

#53 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

So you returned the item and kept the steelbook? No wonder you were flagged.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#54 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

I didn't preorder Injustice, but can I pm the price at BB and use my $25 rz certifcate? That shouldn't count as double dipping.

#55 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

I didn't preorder Injustice, but can I pm the price at BB and use my $25 rz certifcate? That shouldn't count as double dipping.

Nope, why would it?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#56 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yes that should be good, RZ certs are just a form of payment so no stacking issues to worry about.
Posted Image

#57 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

good luck with that, since when they return to do price adjustment it might deduct the cost of the figure from your game.

The receipt shows the game at full price and the figure at zero.
I think I'll be alright....It is TRU after all.
I'm not opening anything yet though, just in case.

#58 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Nope, why would it?

Okay cool. Nah I get confused witht thnew pm policy. The only time i see it mentioned is in the BB RZ preorder thread and I get more confused about it every single time I read about it. I was going to wait the week after to pm the K-Mart price but this is even better. Thanks for the reply.

#59 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

almost every game released these days gets a price drop within a few weeks of release.. why do people always come in these threads spouting off how "bad" the game must be since it's on sale??

#60 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Had no plans to buy but that is a great price.