4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#571 Somsai

Somsai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Just got my copy of Injustice! Thanks for the heads up!
That game just so happened to be the only game that was
sold at TRU when I went drop by. :D

#572 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Had a meeting quite a ways from my house, decided to hit up a couple of Walmarts on the way home. First one shot me down, but got it at the second one I went to. After punching in the code, I realized I have the code for the UK edition already and should be getting that in this week. Oh well, I have the Arkham skins for both regions now.

#573 lightzonlycast

lightzonlycast

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Just a heads up: I just got off the phone with someone from my local store and she said they had 5 copies of Injustice, but that it is "no longer on sale".

#574 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

My tru is getting another shipment in either later today or tomorrow. A dozen copies for each system. I would assume other stores are getting another shipment also.

#575 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Just a heads up: I just got off the phone with someone from my local store and she said they had 5 copies of Injustice, but that it is "no longer on sale".

Sounds like some hot BS. Ad clearly states prices valid till 5/4

#576 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Not always, there is this one:

I tried using it, but it didn't work. I don't know for sure if it was because this is $34.99 (one penny shy of the "$35" minimum), or because it is on sale (i.e. not regular-price), but my guess is that it is because of the missing penny. I tried adding a $20 eShop card to the order, but that didn't do it, possibly because the coupon is not meant for multiple items (it is unclear if that is the case), or possibly because an eShop card may not count as a "video game purchase" (also unclear if accessories are allowed). I didn't have much time to try different permutations, but I am guessing that if I had bought 2 copies, it might have worked. They were out of the 360 version anyway, which would have been my preference.

I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the coupon is no longer valid, but I meant for the coupon to be used if someone was in the market for a regular priced video game >$35 + Injustice.

Target has a similar deal this week, where if you buy Luigi's mansion + $1 preorder you get a $10 gift card. So I bought Luigi's mansion and used the gift card on an Injustice price match.

#577 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I guess it doesn't matter anymore since the coupon is no longer valid, but I meant for the coupon to be used if someone was in the market for a regular priced video game >$35 + Injustice.

Target has a similar deal this week, where if you buy Luigi's mansion + $1 preorder you get a $10 gift card. So I bought Luigi's mansion and used the gift card on an Injustice price match.

That's really smart. I did the price match when they had their B1G1 50%. Essentially making their 2 copies of Kingdom Hearts DDD $15 each. Love Target, but I went with Best Buy instead. Didn't realize I could do that.

#578 emnmnme

emnmnme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I went to Target and they price matched it. They looked up the sale price online and didn't need the print ad.

#579 Shadyhere

Shadyhere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

Ordered mine online, Should be coming in on Thursday. Thanks for heads up! To be honest I didn't know what "TRU" until I thought long and hard about it. Either way, CAN'T WAIT!

#580 kalmah

kalmah

They Will Return!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

Great deal on this, thanks OP. The TRU 5 minutes from me restocked on copies, so I bit on this deal ASAP. Gonna go pick up my copy tomorrow morning! :D

#581 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

Scored a copy at Walmart. No hassles whatsoever. :)

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#582 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

The TRU by me just restocked. Going to pick this up. :)

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#583 purduealum91

purduealum91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Which version is better - PS3 or WiiU? Does anyone have any links to review of both versions?

Thanks!

#584 krizko

krizko

Ace Degenerate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I've played both PS3 & Wii U, and I prefer the Wii U version to be honest. The graphics seem a bit more crisp, and gameplay feels a bit smoother. I also greatly prefer the Wii U Pro Controller to the DS3.

However, the PS3 version does include additional DLC and tie ins with the iOS app, also the ability to play friends directly online, so if you are interested in any of that, it may be best to go with the PS3 version.

#585 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

My store got it back in stock, so I bought it. Now I have to figure out when to pick it up.

#586 purduealum91

purduealum91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

Krizko,

Thanks for your opinion.

Tom

#587 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Also it seems like Batgirl is the next fighter to join the season pass.

#588 Cjw Evolved

Cjw Evolved

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Went to Target and they matched it with no problem at all. Thanks OP!

#589 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Also it seems like Batgirl is the next fighter to join the season pass.

looks like batgirl/zod/scorpion is true :cry:

#590 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

i pray zod and scorpion aren't true. Zod does seem likely with the Man of Steel movie, but leave MK out of this game.

BTW if for whatever reason no one was able to score a copy this week, another price match opp. comes this sunday with K-Mart having the game on sale for $40. Basically you lose out on the price of a Happy Meal.

#591 Ham Salad

Ham Salad

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Store near me just restocked. In for PS3!
"Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a little plastic rocket... "

#592 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Was finally able to get into a Target and get this pricematched. Had some target shopkick gift cards to use so it worked out very nicely. :)
Posted Image

#593 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

i pray zod and scorpion aren't true. Zod does seem likely with the Man of Steel movie, but leave MK out of this game.

BTW if for whatever reason no one was able to score a copy this week, another price match opp. comes this sunday with K-Mart having the game on sale for $40. Basically you lose out on the price of a Happy Meal.

I agree, leave MK out of this game!
A crossover guest character would be great (like Predator or Alien). Are you sure about K-Mart having the game for $40 this Sunday?
Posted Image

#594 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I agree, leave MK out of this game!
A crossover guest character would be great (like Predator or Alien). Are you sure about K-Mart having the game for $40 this Sunday?

yeah someone posted a preview of Kmart's sales for this week and next around mid April. I had planned to get Injustice with the $40 until this thread was posted and saw that I could get the game a week early and sae $5. Funny thing is, I have yet to pick up the game yet, but like I said if I don't I still have another week to do so.

#595 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Looks like my local Toys R Us restocked. At least according to the website in-store pickup item. Debating doing the pickup or just driving by.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#596 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

couldn't really get into it at first but a few hours later im really digging it, aside from the spamming in the online matches. if anyone else needs a fellow punching bag to learn new characters feel free to add me :)

#597 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

Got it for Wii U + Price matched = EXCELLENT. Game is a blast.

Edit: Anyone asking about Wii U vs -- debates.

Wii U supposedly has better graphics, higher resolution, and smoother framerate. While it is lacking some features, I'm pretty sure WB said it's going to be patched in soon.

#598 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Never doing store pickup again. Holy hell.

all-banner.jpg

#599 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Tried to pricematch at Best Buy, but they were OOS, so I went to TRU and they restocked. The cashier told me that a guy had come in earlier in the week and asked to purchase their entire stock--56 copies at the time--but she refused the sale. Talk about El Hordo! :lol:
Posted Image

#600 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Tried to pricematch at Best Buy, but they were OOS, so I went to TRU and they restocked. The cashier told me that a guy had come in earlier in the week and asked to purchase their entire stock--56 copies at the time--but she refused the sale. Talk about El Hordo! :lol:

I don't even see how the dude could make a profit on that. At all.

all-banner.jpg