4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#91 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

hopefully we can pricematch at walmart n get dc vs mk with it that would be nice

#92 Caffeinefree

Caffeinefree

General CAG of Mystery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Jumping on injustice asap.

Follow me on Twitter I am @ThatWayneO! I post game deals, comedy, and the best darn YouTube links money can buy. If you want your feed rocked, then HERE I AM!

#93 Caffeinefree

Caffeinefree

General CAG of Mystery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Pardon me for being a newb, but what the fudge does "TRU" mean and how do I get this deal?

Follow me on Twitter I am @ThatWayneO! I post game deals, comedy, and the best darn YouTube links money can buy. If you want your feed rocked, then HERE I AM!

#94 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Pardon me for being a newb, but what the fudge does "TRU" mean and how do I get this deal?

Toys r Us

#95 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

And this is why you NEVER buy a new game at launch...

Not true at all got Injustice for $30 via target pm b1g1 50%, you just gotta get the right deal day 1. BB may still come thru for some if you talk to the right person just say you will return/rebuy if they don't.
Hopefully, this won't need to continue though

http://forums.bestbu...er/idi-p/676065

#96 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

And this is why you NEVER buy a new game at launch...

Considering I sold my launch copy and then the dlc pre order codes for $40 profit and still have the statue and comic book from the collector's....Oh I am will be getting my $20 BB cert in a week, I think I'll continue to buy at launch but thanks. :booty:
Posted Image

#97 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Fuck yes!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#98 CowboyBebopCrew

CowboyBebopCrew

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Definitely in for Injustice. :-)
Duke University | Class of 2007
Saint Louis University School of Medicine | Class of 2015

Posted Image

#99 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I expect this trend of game prices dropping to continue as we get closer to the release window for the next-gen consoles.
Posted Image

#100 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Or you can just get it now and play it now instead of waiting for a year. Because in a year when you go online, everyone is going to take you the circus for a jugglefest :drool:

I'm calling bullshit on this. I still play Mortal Kombat at least a couple times a month and I fight more newbies than anything else. Even if that weren't the case, there's usually a few "Beginners" lobbies set up. I bought the game maybe half a year after launch and never had a trouble keeping up online, and if anything I am too good because it's very rare that I find anyone capable of challenging me with my main characters (Mileena, Sub Zero, and Freddy Krueger).

Unless you are hoping to compete in EVO (which isn't even hosting an Injustice Tournament this year), or are stupid enough to take on someone with a ridiculously high win/loss ratio right when you first buy the game, you'll be more than fine with waiting. Because, you know, 99.9% of the people who buy this at launch will play other games, or at least won't spend every second of every day playing this one. Many will move on to the next fighter whenever that hits. Most of us play to have fun, not to spend hours in training mode memorizing frames, priorities, and damage ratios.

Edited by rcerboss, 25 April 2013 - 01:15 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#101 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

$25 off after 2 weeks?? Did this sell really poorly and I am missing something. New PM policy at BB doesn't allow post purchase PMing from other retailers, but I am willing to try for $25. Anyone have any success doing this since the policy change? (I realize it will be YMMV even if you did).

I won't even waste the time . I would just return on Sunday(since tuesday makes 14 days) after buying at TRU. No arguing needed. If you are premier silver you'll have 60 days to return. NOn RZ members only have 15 days to return. If there is no TRU near you just Buy with PM and then return using old receipt.

#102 MediaJunkie92

MediaJunkie92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Oh I will definitely be getting this for $35, thanks for the heads up!
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228844"][/URL]

#103 iBeRicky

iBeRicky

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

Will this be online too?
Please help, as the nearest ToysRUs is like an hour from where I live

#104 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

that's a good price for injustice. I'm not picking it up, I already completed the story mode the only thing I was interested in. It just makes it hard for me to want to pick up anything at launch.

#105 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Will this be online too?
Please help, as the nearest ToysRUs is like an hour from where I live

If it is, expect shipping to be really bad. Your best bet is to try and get a PM somewhere. Wal-mart shouldn't give you TOO much trouble if they are selling the game without the MKvDC bundle or if you get the WiiU version. Best Buy is really good at pricematches too.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#106 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

It just makes it hard for me to want to pick up anything at launch.

Yeah, you're gonna wanna stop doing that :)

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#107 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

What's Amazon's track record in regards to matching TRU? Any chance they'll match this?

#108 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Not true at all got Injustice for $30 via target pm b1g1 50%, you just gotta get the right deal day 1. BB may still come thru for some if you talk to the right person just say you will return/rebuy if they don't.
Hopefully, this won't need to continue though

http://forums.bestbu...er/idi-p/676065

Be carful of this. Just got 90 day online banned due to them being lazy on PM-ing and returning instead of PM-ing during the PM days. So I get to call and talk to customer relations to attempt to get this fixed since its garbage

#109 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Toys R Us..

That said I bought this on Sunday at Walmart and just saw this now :/ oh well. I sold the MKvsDCU and DLC code for $20, but never the less, I'd have liked it at 34.99. I would buy it and return it but I think I lost the receipt, and I'd need one with the UPS to match the Walmart one.

It's outrageous what some people will pay for DLC. I remember when MK came out I got the reptile skin and forgot about it. Put it on eBay and got $60, then they announced the costumes for $5 two weeks later, lol.

TL;DR this game is great, especially at $35. I liked it at $60.

But you are cagger, you already know new games get price drops and promotions very soon after release :/ which is why I don't buy games at full price anymore.

I really want this game I keep playing the game demo and it is very good. Sadly the only Toys near me is like 45 mins away :/ So I will wait for another price drop ): hopefully at Amazon anytime soon.

Also, does this game require any kind of online code to play online? I ask because sometimes I want to buy games but I never know anymore if they will require an online code to play online thanks in advance :p

#110 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Posting just to confirm these are some of game deals in the AD for next week. In addition:

$49.99 All Skylander Giants starter packs come with a Collector Pin set($10 value)

All Leapfrog Explorer/InnoTab software $19.99 each

#111 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

But you are cagger, you already know new games get price drops and promotions very soon after release :/ which is why I don't buy games at full price anymore.

I really want this game I keep playing the game demo and it is very good. Sadly the only Toys near me is like 45 mins away :/ So I will wait for another price drop ): hopefully at Amazon anytime soon.

Also, does this game require any kind of online code to play online? I ask because sometimes I want to buy games but I never know anymore if they will require an online code to play online thanks in advance :p

Nope this one does not come with an online code surprisingly. I was so close to going to gamestop and trading in some games for Injustice. I kept looking at it on their website, but I kept telling myself "just wait...just wait"....and now this 8-)

#112 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

The problem with this is that they just announced DLC for this game... SO... You shell out the $35 & get ready to spend another $20 for the rest of the characters they'll add via DLC... You're better off waiting for the "Komplete Edition" like they did with MK

Who says you absolutely have to buy all the DLC characters? I dont care for Lobo...Im not buying Lobo. Injustice is fun, has great characters, and loads of content for everyone. I'm pretty satisfied with the roster they have now.

Now if they add Starfire...oh yes I would pay 5 for that and not regret it one bit. This is a game, in my opinion, that is well worth 35...and can easily be sold for more now if one decides they don't want it. Win win for me.8-)

#113 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

lol

Thank you CAG. Showing us why you should not buy games day one unless you really, really, really, really want the game. Dark Souls 2 will most likely be my last full retail game til the next xbox is out.

#114 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

How are people going to PM this? Is it in the paper ad?

#115 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

I saved my receipt hoping this would happen.

Anyone know if TRU will price adjust, seeing as how they gave out the guide and figure?

#116 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

How are people going to PM this? Is it in the paper ad?

It will be in the online version of the AD and I got price showing in the physical AD I got today.

I saved my receipt hoping this would happen.

Anyone know if TRU will price adjust, seeing as how they gave out the guide and figure?

You would return need to return the guide and the figure, but you could probably PM the game.

#117 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Annnnnnnd, that's jenga people!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#118 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Anyone who bought it care to post the UPC? I want to check and see if it matches the one I got at Walmart or if it's its own UPC since it had MKvDCU

#119 z-money

z-money

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

It will be in the online version of the AD and I got price showing in the physical AD I got today

Just to confirm, this applies to Wii U version as well? Thread title and OP give conflicting information. I just want to make sure.

#120 AllenScribe

AllenScribe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Totally in for that price. Can't wait!