4/28- 5/4 TRU ad: Injustice (360/PS3) $34.99

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#151 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

$15 for Injustice after the pm and promo would be awesome, assuming Amazon matched tru. Might just put one on hold at bb/target in case.

#152 rirath

rirath

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Incredible. I held off since I didn't pre-order and thought there might be a $40~ deal within a few months. This is more and quicker than even I had figured.

Slightly worried they'll sell out - how's the stock usually on this kind of thing at TRU? Though I see the deals pop up from time to time, I don't buy many games there. Don't suppose you can buy early and adjust later?

#153 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Rumor has it: Lobo, Zod, Batgirl and.....Scorpion from MK. So take that as a gauge on if its worth it. So other then Zod the DLC is disappointing IMO

If Lobo is going to be a playable character, I think I'm going to have to get this game now. How can anyone turn down beating the snot out of Supes with The Main Man for only $35 so close to release?
Posted Image

#154 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Bought this at $60 w/Gamestop trade-in credit. Love the game, but wish I had waited. I'd have rather parted with $35 cash.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (12) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :wiiu: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#155 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

If Lobo is going to be a playable character, I think I'm going to have to get this game now. How can anyone turn down beating the snot out of Supes with The Main Man for only $35 so close to release?

Lobo has already been confirmed by Netherealm to be their first DLC character.

#156 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

Lobo has already been confirmed by Netherealm to be their first DLC character.

Awesome. Count me in for one, then. I haven't been interested in the game until I saw this price, and now Lobo DLC has chomping at the bit to pick up a copy on Sunday.
Posted Image

#157 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

Really glad I waited on Injustice. Guess I got somewhere to go Sunday :)

#158 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

Damn you death of best buy pm policy!!!!

Argh

Best Buy doesn't PM anymore?

#159 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

What is the new Best Buy PM policy everyone is referring to?

#160 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

They do. They just changed it a little. Competitor pm can only be done at time of purchase. No more coming later and getting a adjustment. You can still get adjustments i believe if youre updating a Best Buy price. Also less days to adjust.

#161 keyweez360

keyweez360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Makes no sense, BB not PM'ing post-purchase anymore. Anyone could just buy a new copy, PM for $35 and return that copy with their original $60 receipt.
CRITERION

#162 tempbast

tempbast

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Is there an Online Pass for the game? I know there was one for MK.

So I'm guessing this sale is because there will be a ton of DLC. I know there are 32 characters total when including DLC characters. I just want to rent the game to play story mode. Geez Redbox, what's taking you so long to get the game. There aren't any fighter at Redbox anymore, so I really expect Injustice to fill that void.

#163 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

So I'm guessing this sale is because there will be a ton of DLC. I know there are 32 characters total when including DLC characters. I just want to rent the game to play story mode. Geez Redbox, what's taking you so long to get the game. There aren't any fighter at Redbox anymore, so I really expect Injustice to fill that void.

No

#164 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Makes no sense, BB not PM'ing post-purchase anymore. Anyone could just buy a new copy, PM for $35 and return that copy with their original $60 receipt.

And saying just that will get you the post purchase pm generally. The issue is for non silver members they're limited to just 14 days where as silver still have 60. I was already told by more than 1 store that they will still pm up to 60 days competitor or not they don't wanna lose sales.
Judging by the feedback on the BB forums pages I don't see the current policy remaining in full but so long before it gets changed again.

#165 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Given WB's attitude towards Redbox with movies (WB movies aren't in until after 30 days have passed and they've been in court on that issue many times) I doubt WB wants any of their games in Redbox at all. Did Batman or Witcher 2 ever get added to Redbox?

Us in the midwest at least have Family Video as an option, and there's also a Midwest distro center for Gamefly now in KC so that could be an option also.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#166 Sychophantom

Sychophantom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Batman: Arkham City was in the local Redbox kiosks. I pass a few daily.

Still have never used Redbox.

Known elsewhere as The Reverend Menagerie.

The new SoulXchange.org Sell your soul, what else is it good for?

#167 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Rumor has it: Lobo, Zod, Batgirl and.....Scorpion from MK. So take that as a gauge on if its worth it. So other then Zod the DLC is disappointing IMO

And why isn't Zod dissapointing? As a Superman skin with his own unique voiceover/intro/win animation, yeah, Zod is cool. But as a whole new character? No. Not when we don't have Brainiac, Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy, Darkseid, Starfire, Terra, Batman II (Terry McGuinness), Parasite, Metallo, ect.

Keep in mind I very rarely touch comics, this is coming from a fan of the DCAU. I imagine someone who actually does read the comics could come up with 100's more.

And frankly, Scorpion is just insulting. Without the fatalities, and when the DC Universe is SO rich with characters.... WHY would you put in Scorpion? I've read all over that coding for these DLC's are in the game, but I've seen no actual evidence/proof, does anyone have a linK?
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#168 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

I really, REALLY hope Scorpion is NOT in the game. I love how this is a superhero fighting game. To be honest, I would pay for MORE superheroes after the first four. But I rather not have a MK character in the mix. And other heroes besides more Batman and Superman characters. There is so much fan service in the game, adding characters fans care about would be awesome. Still, Zod and Batgirl could be cool.
Ok then, knuckle up.

#169 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

And why isn't Zod dissapointing? As a Superman skin with his own unique voiceover/intro/win animation, yeah, Zod is cool. But as a whole new character? No. Not when we don't have Brainiac, Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy, Darkseid, Starfire, Terra, Batman II (Terry McGuinness), Parasite, Metallo, ect.

Keep in mind I very rarely touch comics, this is coming from a fan of the DCAU. I imagine someone who actually does read the comics could come up with 100's more.

And frankly, Scorpion is just insulting. Without the fatalities, and when the DC Universe is SO rich with characters.... WHY would you put in Scorpion? I've read all over that coding for these DLC's are in the game, but I've seen no actual evidence/proof, does anyone have a linK?

I don't think he would be a reskin. More of a rushdown powerhouse then Superman who has a good zoning game. More deserving characters yes. But are they in a movie thats coming out like Zod? That's why I think it's true

#170 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think they are marketing Zod and Scorpion to people like me. I really don't know DC guys past the old Justice League. I know Batman, Super Man, Wonder Woman, Aqua Man, Flash, Green Lantern, and I remember Hawkman and a few others, but don't know most of the rest of the DC guys at all. I know Zod from Superman 2 and will probably get him. And at least I know Scorpion (although I don't think I will pay for him), so it was someone they could have though I would have a chance at buying. I doubt I will buy much of the DLC, but who knows? Maybe one of the new characters will intriuge me.

#171 mewstu

mewstu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Will Best Buy price match if I just pull it up on phone?

#172 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I'm not happy with Zod (and the rest) if the list is true. I like to believe those are place holder names (besides Lobo cause it sounded like he was going to be in the game before he was announced) just to trick us. And I'll be mad if Scorpion is in cause Boon said he wouldn't add any MK characters in. He wants to treat both series as two different things. And don't need another Batfam.

Will Best Buy price match if I just pull it up on phone?

No. You need to tattoo the ad to your abs for them to price match. Not to sound like a jerk but very similar questions are always asked every time there's a ad that really takes a few scroll downs to find out or a visit to Best Buy dedicated topics on this site or the official PM policy on Best Buy site.

#173 onReload

onReload

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sorry, but where is this ad? I can't find the sale online, and I wouldn't go into the store unless I knew it was brick and mortar only.

#174 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

The ad isn't online cause the sale isn't live. The ad will be up Sunday during the start of the sale. It should be instore (and most likely online too) since there is a physical ad. Just wait a few days.

#175 onReload

onReload

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oh, jeez I'm an idiot. I misread the start date NEVERMIND THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFO

#176 feroca

feroca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Injustice seems to be selling quite well, and just like Mortal Kombat back in 2011 which moved over a million copies in the US in less than a month; this sales from specific retailers are no indication of the performance of the game.

Toys R us has been known for ding this sales in general too. Is why during the launch they gave out a free strategy guide and an action figure with purchases; since otherwise they wouldn't sell the game per se (at least not as much as other retailers). Other retailers also had exclusive preorder extras.

#177 JPLS

JPLS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

What a sweet deal. I haven't been inside a Toys R Us in years, but I will be stopping by this week.

#178 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

You can do that, though if you do it enough times in a short enough period of time BB will ban you from future returns, usually for 90 - 180 days.

That's why they take your license # down for returns.

#179 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Geez Redbox, what's taking you so long to get the game. There aren't any fighter at Redbox anymore, so I really expect Injustice to fill that void.

Somebody asked when Injustice was coming to Redbox on the facebook page and they responded with stating there were no plans on receiving copies of the game for rentals. So... there you go.

#180 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Somebody asked when Injustice was coming to Redbox on the facebook page and they responded with stating there were no plans on receiving copies of the game for rentals. So... there you go.

As I said, WB hates Redbox, they've gone to court over movies so I doubt they're going to allow their games to be rented at all by Redbox.