NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition $99.99 @BestBuy

Damn, why am I still hoping for another price drop. GRRRR.

[quote name='Green Card200']Ahhh I've spent so much. Might have to do this though. How do I use reward certificates online? I have like $15.[/QUOTE]

At check out, you will see a spot where it allows you to redeem your certificates.

Why do people want this so much...? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm genuinely curious as to why. :???:

Is it a pipe dream to hope it drops to $49.99?

[quote name='Olengie']Damn, why am I still hoping for another price drop. GRRRR.

At check out, you will see a spot where it allows you to redeem your certificates.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and now it is sitting in my cart. Alright I bought it. I'm a sucker for these types of things. Now all I need is mark of the wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Why do people want this so much...? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm genuinely curious as to why. :???:

Is it a pipe dream to hope it drops to $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Maybe cause it's NEO GEO perhaps? And it's generally expensive to begin with it? :lol:

Anyway, I'm with you Vigil. Need another price drop. Haha.

[quote name='Vigilante']Why do people want this so much...? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm genuinely curious as to why. :???:

Is it a pipe dream to hope it drops to $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Deal of the day

[quote name='Green Card200']Thanks and now it is sitting in my cart. Alright I bought it. I'm a sucker for these types of things. Now all I need is mark of the wolves.[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude. Sooooooo awkward

[quote name='Romeo']I'm interested in this, and do have $70 in read some certs, but the reviews say it's cheap garbage. :([/QUOTE]

The system is just fine, the only bad things about it really is just the no save function which really doesn't even matter that much because most of the games really do not need to save. Sure I'd like it if I could save my scores and all but it really is not that bad of a feature to be missing to not go out and buy it just cause of it. The screen is the other thing that is not so great just because of the fade effect when you look at the screen but you won't even notice it if you aren't looking out for it on purpose. The system does not feel cheap at all to me but the dock is a little on the cheap side and it being the only way to charge the system at the moment is a small downside. At $99 it is a steal to me especially when I bought it at release at retail price and I don't regret doing so at all.

[quote name='Green Card200']Hmm, if I cancel this do I get my certs back?

Edit: looks like you do after a few days.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of a time when three friends do something crazy and they all say on the count of three...go. Then only one friend does it and looks foolish.

I have been telling my friend since day 1 when it gets to $99 I am buying it. Now I wish Amazon would price match this. I would totally buy it from them if they did. I got enough credit with them to buy it for $5.

Well since I bought this last week for 130 dollars on Best Buy.com, can I go to a local Best Buy and have them price match this?

Nevermind, I found my answer directly on Best Buy's website:

How do I request a price match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, price match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com price match request. Please tell us about the lower price that is still in effect that you want Best Buy to price match. Best Buy will then review and verify the price match request.

BestBuy.com price match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a Smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Low Price Guarantee. A price match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase.

Looks like I am getting $30 bucks back. Wooohoooo!!!

$100 bucks for this is not bad at all... Im actually one of the dumbasses that paid $199.99 when it first came out. Seeing this price makes me think "I shouldve waited". If your a true collector you will pick this up while they last. I dont think Best Buy will carry these anymore in the future. they are trying to clear these out. If your a silver I suggest jump on it and wait the sixty days to open it. If it hits below the 50% off mark than your ass is lucky.

[quote name='icewolf74']Well since I bought this last week for 130 dollars on Best Buy.com, can I go to a local Best Buy and have them price match this?[/QUOTE]

If it hasn't been 15 days, than YES. If your a silver you got 60 days to PM

[quote name='ryanflucas']I want one, but I don't want any of the extras, just the handheld itself.[/QUOTE]

Get the extras bro that NINJA MASTERS is exclusive to the Gold Edition.

I like how Best Buy lists this under Classic Video Game Systems > Nintendo 64. Anyway, this is a reasonable price, I'd say. Do they still intend to sell the portable itself for $129.99? If this is any indication, they need to go lower.

I still think this will drop lower...

I really want this thing but it seems like a total impulse buy. No solid future support and people going in online I am just not feeling it.

[quote name='Cocojames333']http://youtu.be/430-iM_kXT0[/QUOTE]

"This button, around the side you can see, just looks like it was just mass produced"

Does he expect hand crafted buttons for his game consoles?

[quote name='Deadacezero']Looks like the Arcade Stick is on sale for 50% off at 24.99. Not bad considering its USB, great for MAME emulators on PC.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NEOGEO+...18858585324&skuId=7704073&st=neogeo&cp=1&lp=2[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about just picking up the joystick for now and the console if it drops down to $75. The main nostalgia of the package is being able to play SNK games on an SNK joystick. Eventually plug that sucker into my OUYA when it comes to play the games via emu.

[quote name='Gscept']If it hasn't been 15 days, than YES. If your a silver you got 60 days to PM[/QUOTE]

Not anymore. Silver still has only 15 days to PM to BBY prices. They have 60 days to return.

While you can return/rebuy, once you return too many times you can get banned from returns for 90 days

Ordered the system and an extra joystick. Been wanting this since it was released in Dec. 2012. It does have it's shortcomings but I love these sort of products and the price is reasonable enough for me.

To potential buyers, know this:
  • the system only software emulates, it does not have true neo geo hardware inside
  • TOMMO's future as a company is uncertain so future support (both technical and product) is questionable
  • the screen on the handheld is poor by today's standard (handheld, mobile phone, etc.)
  • no online delivery method for system updates or game downloads. Future games will only be sold on physical SD cards, and with TOMMO's future uncertain, don't expect future games (just to be safe)
  • graphics are not up-scaled, so even TV output (HDMI or Composite) is not a superior viewing option
  • no ability to save game progress
  • handheld battery in not replaceable, so once the battery is dead so is the portability
  • handheld battery only last for 3-4 hours between charges

So despite the above I still bought one, but it's importent to know what you're buying.

UPDATE - http://www.edge-online.com/news/neo-geo-x-getting-15-more-games-this-april/ - given that there's only a few days left in April I'm not holding my breath for this. I hope it comes out but at this point it's anyone's guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProppaT']I'm thinking about just picking up the joystick for now and the console if it drops down to $75. The main nostalgia of the package is being able to play SNK games on an SNK joystick. Eventually plug that sucker into my OUYA when it comes to play the games via emu.[/QUOTE]

That's a great point. :applause:
The joysticks sound like solid hardware and should work on a variety of consoles. I'll definitely have to try it out on my OUYA (whenever that ships :cry:)

bread's done
Back