Photo
- - - - -

Donkey Kong Country Returns Pre-Order (Nintendo 3DS) $27.99 Newegg + Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#91 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

This might be of interest to Wii owners of DKR
http://www.pixlbit.c...sArticleId=1037

Thanks, I hate the motion controls.

#92 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

i totally disagree. i played it at bestbuy awhile back and you had to shake the wii mote do a simple roll if im not mistaken. platformers imo need reg controls, not motion

Yeah, this was the dumbest shit I've seen Nintendo do in a long time(and that's a pretty full list). I played it until about midway through, and the action just got to intense to use the waggle motion for hand slaps and rolls. So instead of throwing my Wiimote through the tv, I just stopped playing it.

I understand that some kids would love to play that way, as my son is one of them, but just not giving the option for standard button presses is just plain stupid. I didn't even find out about the Wii version hack untill I heard about the 3DS version, otherwise I would have played it that way. Choices are key Nintendo, don't loose sight of that. Forced motion controls ruined an otherwise AAA title.

#93 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Is anybody else having a problem with Newegg.

#94 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, that eggsaver option is garbage. I've had some of those take almost 2 weeks. They give it to one carrier, then they hand it off to another, ect. I'm like, isn't this double/triple the work and cost? I'd imagine everyone who touches gets paid.

It's the "cheap" option, so I'm not normally in a huge rush to get games this way, but damn........They can mail most of the games I order by first class postal mail for pennies on the dollar and that takes 2-3 days anywhere in the country. I can't see their current methods being any cheaper, but it is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy slooooooooower for sure.

For anyone who wants a game in a timely manner from Newegg, NEVER choose the eggsaver option, it SUCKS!

I agree. I stopped playing the original because of the motion control. At least someone patched it (still havent tried it yet to be honest but its only because my backlog is to large to revisit).

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#95 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

don't buy this if you only played the original. i thought it would be similar but the only similarity was the name and graphics. the gameplay was a horrible mess.

#96 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

Pre-ordered. I have a month to decide if I want to keep it.

Thanks OP!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#97 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

Just pre-ordered! Thanks OP!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#98 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#99 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

nice, thanks OP...gonna have to get in on this. Ive never ordered from newegg personally but it looks like no tax as well. How long does their shipping usually take on preorders? Do they arrive on release day? I notice this comes out on a friday.

Their shipping is freaking slow, if you order the free version. Generally speaking I have no problem with this for computer parts, etc, but I stopped ordering video games from them because it takes anywhere from 5-7 days afterward for me to get it. Not worth the savings for me...I'm too impatient. That largely depends on where you live in relation to them, though (they're in CA).

#100 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

Cheers OP for the deal! Looking forward to playing this with proper controls this time, no more shaking just to do rolls/attacks :)

#101 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

Their shipping is freaking slow, if you order the free version. Generally speaking I have no problem with this for computer parts, etc, but I stopped ordering video games from them because it takes anywhere from 5-7 days afterward for me to get it. Not worth the savings for me...I'm too impatient. That largely depends on where you live in relation to them, though (they're in CA).

Lol you must be doing it wrong...

Are you selecting the 3 day ups? Cause its also free beside the newegg super saver option, lol.

Edit: they also have a warehouse in NJ.

xivpads.png

#102 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Thanks OP! I canceled my Amazon pre-order. I tried to get Amazon to price match but they wouldn't. Has anyone had luck doing this? I was successful in the past.

Well I just posted a discussion thread on Amazon's page talking about this Newegg deal, so hopefully Amazon will make their own similar deal.

#103 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Honestly when shipping is free I am perfectly fine if it takes awhile. Because it's free....

But with both Newegg and Amazon free shipping has always been fast shipping. Just recently picked up ZE: VLR from the lightning deal @Amazon with free shipping and it shipped yesterday. That was pretty damn fast.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#104 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

I think that Kmart pre-order deal is better. I believe you get $15 credit.

#105 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:57 AM

:drool:Delicious! I think this is only the 3rd game I've ever pre-ordered.

Thanks OP!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#106 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

:drool:Delicious! I think this is only the 3rd game I've ever pre-ordered.

Thanks OP!:D

Youre welcome. Enjoy!

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#107 davidflecha17

davidflecha17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

great game. The only reason I would buy the 3ds version is for the exclusive levels. The wii version has an alternate control scheme so you don't have to use motion controls to roll. You still have to use motion controls for some things like punching bosses.

Too bad you couldn't play as Diddy.

#108 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:15 AM

This might be of interest to Wii owners of DKR
http://www.pixlbit.c...sArticleId=1037

That's awesome.

Anything like that for SMG or SMG2?

#109 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Shame you can't use Shoprunner on this; I'm 2 purchases short of getting the trial extended a year and would've been nice if this counted. Still ordered though because it's a solid price.

#110 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Damn really? I should have ordered last weekend when games were 10% off! Is there a list of games with credit?

#111 iGen

iGen

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Nintendrones salivating over a port.

Sigh.

#112 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sigh.

If its a port of a fabulous game with extra content, tweaked difficulty, and extra levels, whats exactly is the problem?

Even this port will be better than half the trash platformers released in the past couple years if the original game for the Wii is anything to go by.

People dont have to be drones because they like the games they like.
Posted Image

#113 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Sigh.

LOL. Seriously. I can't believe people are thinking about buying a game that has been released on more than one console!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#114 Ribbercage

Ribbercage

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME !

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Got one preordered the other day, Thanks OP

#115 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I can't find it on Kmart.com
http://www.kmart.com...120000000234646

#116 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Awesome deal but I've already played it unfortunately. Well, not unfortunately since the game is awesome.
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#117 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

LOL. Seriously. I can't believe people are thinking about buying a game that has been released on more than one console!

Can't tell if serious...

Or your being sarcastic...

xivpads.png

#118 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

It's a nice alternative if you shop their regularly but I'd rather save money from the initial purchase.

#119 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sigh.

It's no different then all the HD ports from the ps2 days on the ps3 and xbox, the psp ports and the ps vita ports of ps3 games. And more ports on the way with Final Fantasy X & X-2, and Kingdom Hearts HD on the way. Their is clearly a market of people who want to experience the game again or who missed out on playing it initially

#120 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thanks OP!

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/