Sega Dreamcast sports edition

pennypinchgamer

CAG Newbie
Hey, I have found a Black sega Dreamcast on Craigslist (i belive that means its the limited edition sports edition) and i was wondering if it is something that i should pick up. I wouldn't pay 30 bucks for a regular dreamcast, but does anyone know if this is more valuable by any chance? thanks
And hooray for ma first post! :D

Looks like eBay prices have went up a bit, but I don't think the sports edition is that hard to find. I remember when it was out places having stacks of them, but not that many of the normal one. Prices on eBay are not much higher than that of the normal system and seem to all come with games and or extra controllers and vmus. The one that I remember hearing that was rare was the Biohazard one and it is up on eBay for over a grand.

I saw a Dreamcast sports edition being sold on Craigslist last year with a regular system for $50. Funny thing about the black one was that it could only play Capcom games. Has anyone heard of that issue?

Yeah, if you do decide to grab it, test a few games with it first.

Because that particular system has been dying on a lot of people in recent years. Much like DC16 mentioned, the system can be picky for some reason shortly before the system would just stop reading discs completely.

Dreamcasts did seem pretty unreliable with reading games. I know i had to adjust the laser on my original system tog e tit to read games after it starting getting really picky.

Also flip it upside down while it boots up. I had that issue with mine and called Sega support and that is what they told me to do.

bread's done
Back