Officially Refurbished (recent) Nintendo Systems - Direct from Nintendo!

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This is interesting.

The official online Nintendo parts store is now selling refurbished Nintendo hardware.

Link.

Authentic Nintendo Refurbished Products are the only refurbished products in the market that have been cleaned, tested, and inspected to meet Nintendo’s high standards. They come with a one year warranty – the same warranty we offer on our new products. These products are only available directly from Nintendo.

The current prices aren't that spectacular, but if you're looking for a deal on a discontinued 3DS color, this might be the way to go.

Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS $129.99
Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS w/ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $169.98
Metallic Rose Nintendo DSi XL $99.99
Metallic Rose Nintendo DSi XL w/Mario Kart DS $129.98
Midnight Blue Nintendo DSi XL $99.99
Midnight Blue Nintendo DSi XL w/Mario Kart DS $129.98
Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS $129.99
Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS w/ The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $169.98

Last edited by a moderator:
bummer, thought this would be on older systems, like snes, N64, game boys etc
i know its foolish thinking :p

I would stick with amazon warehouse though for used systems, saw a like new blue dsi XL for like $60 a few weeks back.

but interesting to see Nintendo have this.
do it for games next Nintendo :D

nice, cut out the gamestop middleman and their shit refurb jobs.

I guess they received so many 3DS's returned due to auto scratching that they didn't know what to do with all of them :p and yes Amazon Warehouse DSi's used are cheaper but they offer only 30 days of warranty.

Edit: Good find OP. Those prices are actually cheap for the 3DS. Just checked Gamestop.com and it seems that they sell refurbished 3DS's for $160... that's very expensive IMO.

[quote name='maximumzero']If Nintendo's anything like Apple you'll receive these things looking like they're brand new.[/QUOTE]

They have a disclaimer in the description that they may have minor cosmetic blemishes. Still though, I wouldn't expect scratched screens or anything like that. I wonder if each system is all they have in stock and once purchased they disappear off the page.

[quote name='theking20']bummer, thought this would be on older systems, like snes, N64, game boys etc
i know its foolish thinking :p

I would stick with amazon warehouse though for used systems, saw a like new blue dsi XL for like $60 a few weeks back.

but interesting to see Nintendo have this.
do it for games next Nintendo :D[/QUOTE]

Same.

Very cool. May use this to get my son his own 3DS XL, then I could get rid of my old 3DS. My wife is getting the Animal Crossing 3DS XL and I have my own. We can all be happy, until Nintendo makes the 3DS XL Plus Turbo!!!!!

EDIT: Oh crumbs, no 3DS XLs. Oh well, maybe later then.

Thanks for this, very high probability these will be in good condition when you buy them.

But, it's Nintendo, so I'm not holding my breath for the prices to drop.

If there refurb units are the same refurb units they send out for replacement units then that's pretty good. My refurb wii has been working strong since 07' and DSlite since '10 (broken hinge on originall DS lite). Unlike Microsoft where the refurb would rrod over and over again. Not to mention my DS and Wii were near mint/mint.

I had gotten 2 refurbished Gamecubes from Nintendo back when they were making it. They still work to this very day better then the brand new out of the box models for me and the new ones stopped reading my game discs with six months of purchase.

I'm sure the handhelds are just of equal care as they test them hundreds of times before shipping them out.

To be fair I have a micosoft refurb xbox 360 slim and its working fine, better than the one I got out of the box. I don't doubt the quality of Nintendo refurb's at all, I am sure it is very good. The price is much less than buying it at Gamestop or buying from someone who did who knows what to their system, which is basically what you are getting from GS anyways. I seriously doubt they do anything to those systems before putting them in that bag and hanging them on the rack behind the counter and selling them at an inflated price for used.

Its more important to get a quality system with a handheld, you can't replace the buttons or controller like you can with a regular console, and again, who knows where that system has been. There is something to me about getting a used handheld that is just.... grimy to me. Especially after hearing horror stories about what people do to their systems. Even if you clean it, there is still dirt in the buttons. I can take apart most controllers and clean them out to my satisfaction but I can't do this with a handheld. If I am dealing with console germs then at least I know the system only has my own germs on it if I buy it new.

[quote name='SaraAB']To be fair I have a micosoft refurb xbox 360 slim and its working fine, better than the one I got out of the box. I don't doubt the quality of Nintendo refurb's at all, I am sure it is very good. The price is much less than buying it at Gamestop or buying from someone who did who knows what to their system, which is basically what you are getting from GS anyways. I seriously doubt they do anything to those systems before putting them in that bag and hanging them on the rack behind the counter and selling them at an inflated price for used.

Its more important to get a quality system with a handheld, you can't replace the buttons or controller like you can with a regular console, and again, who knows where that system has been. There is something to me about getting a used handheld that is just.... grimy to me. Especially after hearing horror stories about what people do to their systems. Even if you clean it, there is still dirt in the buttons. I can take apart most controllers and clean them out to my satisfaction but I can't do this with a handheld. If I am dealing with console germs then at least I know the system only has my own germs on it if I buy it new.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much the same way. I bought a used Wii recently, and the first thing I did was trade in the Wii controller. I can do used consoles that connect to the tv. I can't do used controllers or used handhelds.... But this deal is really tempting.

Liked it, till I read there are no returns. Thats a pretty big risk to buy something and not even have the option of returning it if say the blemishes are too noticeable for you. #NoDeal but thanks TS

[quote name='nixmahn']Is this why zelda 3ds is out of print? They have been hooarding for them for this?[/QUOTE]

I think you misread...

The "no returns allowed" is pretty much a deal breaker for me. Dont want to take the risk of either (a) receiving a system with too many blemishes on it, and/or (b) premature failure of the system due to poor refurbishing.

I realize that they both those possibilities should be trivial as Nintendo seems to sell quality products for the most part...but I just dont feel like taking that chance of buying a system and possibly either receive it scratched up, or have it possibly die on me if a bad refurb "slips past the goalie." As with any refurb job, there is a chance that even though you feel as though you did the job right, and also tested the crap out of it, there is still a chance that the console could fail prematurely. At least if I buy it new, or used somewhere else that accepts returns (or exchanges) within a reasonable amount of time (so that I may play it for a while and "break it in" so to speak), I can feel more comfortable about my purchase in the regard that if the unit fails I can either have it replaced or get my money back and buy a different one elsewhere.

IMHO Nintendo should at the very least offer exchanges if a unit fails within a reasonable amount of time. Maybe a 60 or 90 day exchange only warranty...? I think that would give me, as well as many other people I am sure, more peace of mind with regards to buying a used, refurbished unit. ;)

I think it means no returns once you buy it, like there is no way Nintendo will refund you, but if you get a bad unit then they will replace it without problem (that's what the warranty is for, isn't it?). Well that's how I think it works.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Read the title and thought this was going to be original NES refurbs....haha...wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

Haha me too. Also, what's with people saying they've had refurbs working better than new out of the box? Must have had some bad luck.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']The "no returns allowed" is pretty much a deal breaker for me. Dont want to take the risk of either (a) receiving a system with too many blemishes on it, and/or (b) premature failure of the system due to poor refurbishing.

I realize that they both those possibilities should be trivial as Nintendo seems to sell quality products for the most part...but I just dont feel like taking that chance of buying a system and possibly either receive it scratched up, or have it possibly die on me if a bad refurb "slips past the goalie." As with any refurb job, there is a chance that even though you feel as though you did the job right, and also tested the crap out of it, there is still a chance that the console could fail prematurely. At least if I buy it new, or used somewhere else that accepts returns (or exchanges) within a reasonable amount of time (so that I may play it for a while and "break it in" so to speak), I can feel more comfortable about my purchase in the regard that if the unit fails I can either have it replaced or get my money back and buy a different one elsewhere.

IMHO Nintendo should at the very least offer exchanges if a unit fails within a reasonable amount of time. Maybe a 60 or 90 day exchange only warranty...? I think that would give me, as well as many other people I am sure, more peace of mind with regards to buying a used, refurbished unit. ;)[/QUOTE]

You totally went on a rant without reason. There is a one-year warranty for them. The blemishes come from installing parts of the housing. They usually are in the edges by setting tools and they aren't giant gashes from a knife or something like it.

Same boat as previous posters. Upon reading the thread title, I fully expected them to be offering the original NES, SNES, N64, etc ... I still have them all in perfect working order ... but would have been awesome if they started selling them again !

>_< yay for expecting older systems. Also it does have a warrenty, so the only risk you are running is incase you get a completly scratched/beat up system.

bread's done
Back