CAGWF: WWE 2K16 League - pWo 4 LIFE! Join Us for Sunday Brunch!

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
cagwflogo2_zps510b7ed4.jpg

Hello, everyone! And welcome to the official thread for the brand new WWE 2K16 League, the Cheap Ass Gamer Wrestling Federation. The idea behind this league is just to enjoy some good, old professional wrestling, friendly competition, work some angles, and have a few laughs along the way. This is really starting from the ground up. So, if you've got ideas, let's hear them.

The basic thought is to have everyone use created wrestlers. I know that opens up some pretty crazy ratings problems. So, if we wanted to put a stat cap of some kind (my first thought is a total number of allowable points across all the attributes. But more research needs to be done there) or have any other restrictions, we can kick ideas around.

As for people "playing fairly"...well, this is professional wrestling, after all. While, it will be expected for members to treat each other respectfully, however you want to control your character and your CAGWF "persona", that's your business. Anybody who abuses tactics or gets carried away is always subject to a good screw job, haha. So, hopefully that will serve as a good system for people keeping themselves in check.

In that same light, we're not going to do anything with making match outcomes predetermined. The combatants can battle it out, and whoever wins, wins. Obviously, there are more ways to have fun in pro wrestling than just by winning the match. And again, anybody who becomes "unbeatable" is just setting themselves up for trouble, lol.

Other than that, just have fun with it. With all the different match types and special referee options, there are a lot of ways to have a good time with this game (and believe it or not, the servers have been surprisingly stable and smooth lately). And if anybody has the ability to record their matches, that's an even better way to share the fun with other members.

Feel free to sign up, give suggestions, or just spitball ideas, and we'll start putting things together.

Creating Your CAW
Please sign your wrestler up by posting the following info and abiding by the guidelines listed below:

Name:
Weight:
Hometown:

If you want to give them a backstory, say whether they're a face or a heel, etc., please feel free. It's all up to you. You're going to get out of this what you put into it.

Also, please list your XBL gamertag so we all know how to get in touch with you.

Guidelines for making your CAW (these are old...I need to research what works in the new game...tbd)
* Attribute point total cannot exceed 1180 (gives you around a 92 OVR)
* Charisma/Tag Team attribute must be at least a 65
* All other attributes must be at least a 40

sundaybrunch2_zps7fcb1ff7.jpg

Current Show - 7/21/2013

Coming Soon!

Past Shows 
7/21/2013

Playboy Peter Jeremy vs Brennan Huff for CAGWF Title

w/ Special Referee Dale Gribble

Derek Huff vs Petey Stevens

Gail Pennyfeather vs The Masked Lemon

Dale Doback vs Damen Gonzalez

Josh Parr vs The Urban Legend

7/7/2013
Dale Doback vs Playboy Peter Jeremy - Hell In a Cell - for CAGWF Title (winner: Peter Jeremy)

Gail Pennyfeather vs Derek Huff (winner: Derek Huff)

Brennan Huff vs The Urban Legend (winner: n/a)

Petey Stevens vs The Masked Lemon (winner: Petey Stevens)

6/23/2013
Dale Doback vs Playboy Peter Jeremy - for CAGWF Title (winner: Peter Jeremy by DQ)

Josh Parr vs Derek Huff - Hell in a Cell (winner: Josh Parr)

Gail Pennyfeather vs Brennan Huff (winner: Gail Pennyfeather)

The Urban Legend vs Petey Stevens (winner: Petey Stevens)

Damen Gonzalez vs The Masked Lemon (winner: The Masked Lemon by forfeit)

6/9/2013 
Tag Team Match

Prestige Worldwide vs Gail Pennyfeather and Josh Parr (winner: pWo)

Damen Gonzalez vs Petey Stevens (winner: Petey Stevens)

Playboy Peter Jeremy vs The Urban Legend (winner: Playboy Peter Jeremy)

Inaugural CAGWF Championship Tournament
cagwftournament_zpsc97fd9f5.jpg

*these should be normal, one on one, single pinfall matches. No special referee, no extreme rules, etc.

Roster

Name: Dale Doback
dale_doback_normal.jpg

CAG Name: n8rockerasu
Gamertag: n8rocker82
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235lbs
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA (by way of the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer)
Background:
Dale Doback grew up in a house of learned doctors. A gifted drummer and a marketing genius, Dale had to learn to defend himself after being picked on by some neighborhood kids. A bit of an extremist, he has been known to turn to weapons when necessary, including baseball bats, drumsticks, or bicycles.

He also possesses a fondness for knocking people out of treehouses with one punch and then having sex with their wives. He also loves Velociraptors, Good Housekeeping magazine, and John Stamos. Doback looks to fuck shit up in the CAGWF with his step-brother Brennan. Backed by the duo's international entertainment company, Prestige Worldwide, they look to become the greatest at everything ever.

Name: Brennan Huff
027c647adff9dca10f5ce3525543ffbc_normal.jpeg

CAG Nam: Vulcan2422
Gamertag: Vulcan7905
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235lbs
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Background:
Brennan Huff rememebers his first beer and also eating white dog crap.He also use to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering. However, he is now co owner of Prestige Worldwide and touring around the states with his step brother Dale DoBack via helicopter singing the famous "Boats and Hoes".

He has taken time off to compete in CAGWF with his brother to tear shit up in the tag team division. If you dare to get in his face, he will drop the mother fucker. If need be, he will fill a pillowcase up with bars of soap and beat the opponent.

Name: Damen Gonzalez

CAG Name: DVO21
Gamertag: DVO21
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 238lbs
Hometown: Barcelona, Spain
Finishers: The Original Sin and Downward Spiral
Background:
Damen dreamed of being in the CAGWF since he was little. When he was 12 years old he trained everyday and when he was 18 moved to America to try and reach his dreams. He fought in some low in end fights in some other companies and worked his way to the top when finally his phone rang and he was asked to sign a contract with CAGWF. He will do anything to win a match because his motto is you only live once. His fans love his passion to and his willingness to risk his body just for a single win. Now that hes finally made it this far his only dream now is to be a Champion.

Name: Petey Stevens

CAG Name: foltest121

Gamertag: ???
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 238lbs
Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota
Background:
An up and comer from St. Paul with a take risks attitude, Petey Stevens is ready to take the world by storm. Petey is striving to be the best, is ready to take on anyone at anytime. No other place than the CAGWF can Petey showcase his skills and accomplish his boyhood dream of being the champ. He has one thing to say to his opponents, I will break you.

Name: Playboy Peter Jeremy

CAG Name: bfauble83
Gamertag: BFauble83
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 245lbs
Hometown: Sin City
Background:
N/A

Name: Josh Parr

CAG Name: JP
Gamertag: Valen Korde
Height: 5'9
Weight: 280
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Background:
Josh Parr is a reformed redneck from right on the Ohio River. Since he spent time as a kid fishing and swimming in the Ohio his sense of self preservation is quite low. Because of this he has taken numerous blows to the head from doing stupid shit, but has also proven he can take a beating and continue to dish it out. Josh has joined the CAGWF to have a good time and just beat the piss out of people. If he gets a championship or two along the way, even better.

Name: Gail Pennyfeather

CAG Name: Matt Young
Gamertag: X Matt Young X
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 287 pounds
Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
Background:
N/A 

Name: The Urban Legend (for now)

CAG Name; Dark Lord Greg
Gamertag: Dark Lord Greg
Weight: ??? pounds
Hometown: Parts Unknown
Background:
N/A

Name: Jim "The Masked Lemon" Leitzell

CAG Name: masked lemon

Gamertag: Masked Lemon
Height: 6'6
Weight:275 lbs.
Hometown: San Francisco, CA

Finishers/ Signature Moves: Lemon Drop (Omega Driver), Tears of a Clown (Cobra Clutch), Money Maker (Custom Move), Lemon Lock (Yes Lock)

Background:
The Masked Lemon is a newcomer to CAGWF, but he is far from a rookie in the world of professional wrestling. Since birth Lemon has been trained by his father, a legend in the ring,  to be the best wrestler in the world. At the age of 18, his father lost his life to the Tears of a Clown in a tragic training session. Since then he has vowed never to use this deadly manuever. He has also taken a vow of silence since that day.  Lemon fears no man, and will not stop until he is the CAGWF champion.

Name: Derek Huff
563050_112651925536932_393163695_n.jpg

CAG Name: DarkTower80

Gamertag: DarkTower80
Weight: 245
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Background:
N/A

Name: Dale Gribble

CAG Name: moojuice

Gamertag: moojuice

Height: ???

Weight: ???

Hometown: Arlen, TX

Background:
Shi-shi-sshhaawww!!!!

Dale Gribble is here to exterminate everyone like he exterminates rodents. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap - awesome idea. I am in!

We need to do some kind of tournaments to determine champions (if we get enough people). Then we can use tournaments to determine number 1 contenders and hold PPVs lol.

There's so many different match types in this game, there are a lot of ways we could do it. I mean, there's a 30 man Royal Rumble that we could use to decide the first champion, or a tournament like you said. Lots of options. 3 of us played last night, and honestly, having fun and doing ridiculous shit in the matches was more entertaining than who won or lost.

It'll be an interesting balance, but as long as the servers are reliable (which even 2K said they would continue to support WWE 13), there's definitely some fun to be had. And it seemed like a good way to spend the summer between Madden leagues, NHL, etc. We've had a UFC league last year (our 3rd year of doing that), but without a new game coming out this year, there was definitely a spot open for some wrestling mayhem.

I haven't put in the game since I got it on Black Friday so I need to play and get more familiar with it. This sounds like it would be a blast though.

I wanted to do this. I tried organizing matches when the game first came out, but it didn't work. What got you suddenly so interested in a league?

Obviously, I am in. For better or worse, I've been a wrestling fan for 22 years. I watch it all and buy all the games.

I did something like this way back with Fire Pro on the Saturn, it was a lot of fun for awhile, I might at least be up for participating. Could we have more than one CAW? I usually have 2-One I base on myself who's basically a cowardly heel and a guy who is basically a blend on Sting and Ken Shamrock.

[quote name='Matt Young']I wanted to do this. I tried organizing matches when the game first came out, but it didn't work. What got you suddenly so interested in a league?

Obviously, I am in. For better or worse, I've been a wrestling fan for 22 years. I watch it all and buy all the games.[/QUOTE]

It was basically Gary's idea. And there probably won't be a lot going on this summer gaming-wise with Madden leagues winding down, NHL 12 match ups being harder to find, and no new UFC game (I had even wondered if UFC 3 would be fun to play again). Just seemed like a good time for this.

Oh, cool. I was just shocked to see this, and I was curious. I saw you guys on NHL 12 last night. Had I known you'd end up playing WWE, I would have stayed on. So I would definitely be up for some exhibition matches with you guys and whoever else joins. It will be nice having some human competition. The AI is too easy to beat. But crazy stuff like TLC and Hell in a Cell is always fun with a small group. Maybe tomorrow since we're watching UFC tonight.

You know I'm down. We played quite a few matches last night testing everytyhing out and man oh man it was a blat NOT even wrestling. The one thing I would like is a ref every match or so that is bias, unless somebody just spams something and the ref could step in. I also would like to use this thread for promos and what not.

man when i first saw this i though someone was bring back the old idea of wrestling games like they did back in the late 90s early 2000.... where there was a list of moves you had to pick each week and each move had points on them and whoever had the most points at the end of the match won....

those were fun games

ALSO cant find this info anywhere BUT I would swear there used to be a wresting card game base on von erich card base game back in the 80s BUT cant find any info on it today

NEVERMIND FOUND IT

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/447179/the-official-von-erich-family-world-class-champion

loved playing that game..> WWE needs to redo it and bring something like that out today or bring back WITH ATTITUDE online game

Ok, I did some quick research this morning, and as I'm sure everyone is aware, John Cena has the highest overall rating in the game at a 96. I took a look at his attributes to see what his point total is, and it adds up to 1210 points. While the game does have natural stat caps built in (ie. strike power can't be above 90), it is possible to make a wrestler with a 100 overall by maxing out all attributes.

In MY opinion, everybody having guys rated 100 is pretty lame...as it makes you too good at everything. So, we could either use Cena's total as a maximum or we can just put caps on the individual attributes (say like 5 below the maximum), that way nobody is ridiculously overpowered. Feel free to give feedback on how you guys would like to do it.

This being said without me turning the game on and looking at things, but I like the idea of just having a max number of points, such as 1210 like you suggested. Then we can specialize our characters in ways we choose. For example, if someone wants to be a submissions wrestler, they can specialize as such.

I agree with Superstar. I already created Gail Pennyfeather in the game for use in Universe Mode, so I have him for use in the league.

I think it would be cool if we all created our own finishers as well. In addition to that, we can create custom belts and a CAG themed arena. Only one person needs to do that and the rest can download the custom arena. There are even achievements for creating, uploading, and using all the custom stuff.

[quote name='Superstar']This being said without me turning the game on and looking at things, but I like the idea of just having a max number of points, such as 1210 like you suggested. Then we can specialize our characters in ways we choose. For example, if someone wants to be a submissions wrestler, they can specialize as such.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a road we went down with the last UFC game. A points cap of 1210 would allow you to make a really damn good wrestler (like I said, should be around 96 overall). If we really wanted to make people choose what areas they put their points into, we could lower that number. The problem that comes with that though is people playing high/low and maxing out certain areas, but leaving something like Charisma or Tag Team at a 20.

The way to combat this would be to put minimums on those categories. Running through the wrestlers in the game (only looked at the current Superstars), the lowest Charisma is 65 (Great Khali) and the lowest Tag Team is 70 (Alberto Del Rio). So, if we just went with the lower number and said neither Charisma or Tag Team can be below a 65, that would probably work.

Looking at the other attributes, they should all have an effect on how you perform, so it wouldn't make sense to keep any of the others too low. But just to be safe, nobody in the game has an any attribute lower than 40 (Great Khali and Mark Henry agility, lol), so we could put that as a minimum on all the other categories.

Like I said before, the main point in this thing is to have fun...so it may seem tedious to regulate attribute ratings like this. But it also doesn't take much for someone to spoil that fun because that want to prove how big their e-peen is by destroying everybody. And really...it does make sense for our CAWs to be on the same level as the real wrestlers in the game.

So...all that said, my proposal for CAWs would be this:

Thoughts?

[quote name='Matt Young']I think it would be cool if we all created our own finishers as well. In addition to that, we can create custom belts and a CAG themed arena. Only one person needs to do that and the rest can download the custom arena. There are even achievements for creating, uploading, and using all the custom stuff.[/QUOTE]

Shhh!!! Already on it, lol. ;)

EDIT - Ooooook...maybe forget that idea of me being already on making a CAG arena, lol. I talked about the idea with some friends this weekend, but I just looked, and apparently, you have to draw all your logos from scratch (or download already made ones from the Community). I thought it would be awesome to have a big CheapyD head in the middle of the ring, but I am no where near artistic enough to draw it from scratch. If anybody wants to make a CheapyD head logo...or even a full on CAG arena, be my guest. I'd be happy to contribute ideas, but if I don't have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro at my disposal, my skills are severely limited, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposting this in case people miss it on the previous page.

[quote name='Superstar']This being said without me turning the game on and looking at things, but I like the idea of just having a max number of points, such as 1210 like you suggested. Then we can specialize our characters in ways we choose. For example, if someone wants to be a submissions wrestler, they can specialize as such.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a road we went down with the last UFC game. A points cap of 1210 would allow you to make a really damn good wrestler (like I said, should be around 96 overall). If we really wanted to make people choose what areas they put their points into, we could lower that number. The problem that comes with that though is people playing high/low and maxing out certain areas, but leaving something like Charisma or Tag Team at a 20.

The way to combat this would be to put minimums on those categories. Running through the wrestlers in the game (only looked at the current Superstars), the lowest Charisma is 65 (Great Khali) and the lowest Tag Team is 70 (Alberto Del Rio). So, if we just went with the lower number and said neither Charisma or Tag Team can be below a 65, that would probably work.

Looking at the other attributes, they should all have an effect on how you perform, so it wouldn't make sense to keep any of the others too low. But just to be safe, nobody in the game has an any attribute lower than 40 (Great Khali and Mark Henry agility, lol), so we could put that as a minimum on all the other categories.

Like I said before, the main point in this thing is to have fun...so it may seem tedious to regulate attribute ratings like this. But it also doesn't take much for someone to spoil that fun because that want to prove how big their e-peen is by destroying everybody. And really...it does make sense for our CAWs to be on the same level as the real wrestlers in the game.

So...all that said, my proposal for CAWs would be this:

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea! Under those rules, you can still freely specialize in anything and still be fair. Hopefully everyone takes it to heart that this is all for fun. It may be just me but it seems like people would take a wrestling game more light hearted then they do football or anything, considering wrestling is already over the top \ fun.

[quote name='Sonne']I'm in. Would have been interesting to be able to draft an actual superstar to use though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then a handful of people get a ridiculous advantage, while others basically have no chance of ever winning. It's not like Madden or something where you can improve and grow your team/character.

[quote name='Superstar']Sounds like a good idea! Under those rules, you can still freely specialize in anything and still be fair. Hopefully everyone takes it to heart that this is all for fun. It may be just me but it seems like people would take a wrestling game more light hearted then they do football or anything, considering wrestling is already over the top \ fun.[/QUOTE]

In general, I'd hope the CAG community would view it that way. But sometimes these leagues pull people in just from Google searches. And then you get some 14 year old kid who knows nothing about CAG just beating the living shit out of everybody. I at least feel better having a few safeguards.

If anybody has a created wrestler (or wants to make one) under the posted guidelines, feel free to get started and post their info. Get into it as much as you want. Basic info would be...

Name:
Weight:
Hometown:

But if you want to give them a backstory, say whether they're a face or a heel, whatever. It's all up to you. This is why we had a lot of fun with the UFC leagues in the past...it's much more open and flexible than a league for other sports. You don't have to worry about people dropping or losing interest. If you stop showing up, you don't get matches, and you most definitely won't get title shots. You're going to get out of this what you put into it.

Also, please list your XBL gamertag so we all know how to get in touch with you.

i might have to get WWE 13 i havent played a wrestling game in forever but when i did they were always fun im sure they are alot different than they use to be i think the last time i played one it was called smackdown vs raw or something like that

Last one I played was nWo Revenge for the 64. I might have to try and find a good price on this game. But be warned. I'd have no idea what I'm doing lol

I may end up picking this up to make a new generation of Mick Foley and just get myself absolutely murdered night in and night out by chairs, tables, trash cans, and of course falls off the Cell.

MVP, have you picked up the new Foley Blu-ray set? It's amazing, and it comes with a free Mr. Socko, haha.

Nate, any plans on how frequently to have cards? I guess that depends on how many people we have versus how much time you have. But if the Madden league can advance every other day, we can certainly have more than one match per person per week. We could have a monthly PPV where the biggest matches take place and build up to them through the "regular" shows.

As I said before, I tried and failed to get something like this set up when the game first came out, and I had a bunch of ideas. Gotta find my old notebook in which I wrote a bunch of shit down for both an online league as well as Universe Mode.

Can you create an arena with a custom ring apron and such? It would be amazing to try to have the CAG logo in the center of the ring \ on the apron haha.

[quote name='Superstar']Can you create an arena with a custom ring apron and such? It would be amazing to try to have the CAG logo in the center of the ring \ on the apron haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can.

[quote name='Superstar']Can you create an arena with a custom ring apron and such? It would be amazing to try to have the CAG logo in the center of the ring \ on the apron haha.[/QUOTE]

Yup, you can. But you have to draw it all from scratch (the in game logo maker does have shapes that you can use though...and I know you can make a lot of logos just by combining basic shapes). My idea was to have a big cartoon CheapyD head in the center of the ring, with a various green/yellow/orange CAG color scheme, and "CAG" text on the apron/around the arena/etc.

I'm pretty sure you can even customize what scrolls on the electronic billboards...and I thought it would be cool to have "www.cheapassgamer.com" on that. Just need some good artists to put it together. I've tried screwing around with it...but my "CheapyD head" is pretty terrible, lol.

Boo! I was expecting live commentary. But yeah, I know people who have gone ridiculous with "E-feds". Our "good buddy" DrP1zza used to do a frighteningly in-depth wrestling based on No Mercy or whatever game it was. His went on and on and on...and he actually had lots of people who watched it. It was insane. See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwkayJ_mLis

Note: I WILL NOT be going to these lengths, lol.

I haven't watched that yet, but I used to do e-feds of the roleplaying kind. I also had sim leagues on the WCW and WWF games on Nintendo 64. I kept detailed results in my notebooks and recorded the matches on blank VHS tapes. Those were the days, before bills and bitches complicated everything. ;-)

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, any plans on how frequently to have cards? I guess that depends on how many people we have versus how much time you have. But if the Madden league can advance every other day, we can certainly have more than one match per person per week. We could have a monthly PPV where the biggest matches take place and build up to them through the "regular" shows.[/QUOTE]

Eh?

I'm very interested though I have yet to touch the CAW feature, guess will have to make one. Can you edit your attributes after you make a wrestler in case I need to redo them for the league?

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, any plans on how frequently to have cards? I guess that depends on how many people we have versus how much time you have. But if the Madden league can advance every other day, we can certainly have more than one match per person per week. We could have a monthly PPV where the biggest matches take place and build up to them through the "regular" shows.

As I said before, I tried and failed to get something like this set up when the game first came out, and I had a bunch of ideas. Gotta find my old notebook in which I wrote a bunch of shit down for both an online league as well as Universe Mode.[/QUOTE]

This was a tough one because pro wrestling is such a different animal. My first instinct is to handle it the same way we did CAGFC...but then I started thinking about it, and started wondering if we really even need to keep track of wins and losses. Or do we base things like title shots on who's getting "heat" in this thread? Allow "the story" to write itself, and make it less about "I am good at this game, bro" and more about who's putting in the effort.

If we did it that way, I started to wonder if we'd even need official weekly cards. Obviously, we'd need something to keep the league going and keep people playing...and that might be reason enough for doing them. But I doubt I'd have time to analyze storylines and draw up matches more often than that...at least on an "official" basis. I definitely agree with the monthly PPV idea though. That would be an obvious opportunity to bring everyone together and have "big" matches.

Outside of that though, I'm just trying to figure out how much needs to be kept the same (in relation to CAGFC) and how much we can do differently.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I'm very interested though I have yet to touch the CAW feature, guess will have to make one. Can you edit your attributes after you make a wrestler in case I need to redo them for the league?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can definitely go back in and edit your CAW after creating him...which will probably be a big part of people trying out different things.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How many points does a created wrestler start with? I've had WWE 13 for 3 months but not done much with it yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the exact total is, but it's whatever the maximum point total is for maxed out attributes (should be around 1600). The default puts everything at a 70, but you can lower them to as low as 1 (the reason for our minimum of 40/65) or raise them as high as 100. Some won't go all the way up to 100...but I think that depends on your size (ie. Big Show has 100 strike power...but when you create a 6'5" 277lb CAW, you can only put it up to 90).

This is why I thought the point total idea wqs fair because it allows people to make CAWs of different shapes and sizes with different skill sets. Fortunately, having CAGFC as a base for this kind of stuff, I feel like we already know more about potential attribute exploits than we would have otherwise.

Liking these questions. Keep em coming! And get started on your CAWs! I'll edit the OP to include the guidelines for creating CAWs, that way it doesn't get buried in the thread and people will know what we're looking for.

Also, despite my limited drawing abilities, I actually have been working on a CAG arena. Luckily, you can zoom in and basically go pixel by pixel...so that makes things a little easier. Hopefully what I end up with isn't completely terrible, haha.

I think wins and losses should factor in, but should not be the sole reason for getting title shots and the like. Remember, you can always make 3-6 man matches if multiple competitors prove worthy. I also think there should be official cards. I can help with record-keeping and things related.

I was also thinking about tag teams/a tag team title. If we have tag titles, we should do a Lethal Lottery/Battlebowl style series of randomly put together teams in a tournament for the titles.

I'll work on editing my guy into appropriate levels. Basically created myself so nothing special there.

I'm interested. I haven't played the game in a while, but I'm down for some action in a friendlier atmosphere than facing randoms on the internet.

Another suggestion: require headsets. I don't use mine in most competitive leagues since it can be distracting to converse, but this game and the nature of the league lends itself well to conversation and lighthearted trash talking.

I feel like this is a hostile takeover of my old idea. I'm going to have to form my own rogue faction. :)

Seriously, I'm up for whatever we do. I also think win-loss is kind of meaningless to track and like the idea of at least trying to use mics most of the time.

In other news, I bought some WWE trading cards for the hell of it yesterday and got a Vader autographed card. :)

[quote name='Matt Young']I think wins and losses should factor in, but should not be the sole reason for getting title shots and the like. Remember, you can always make 3-6 man matches if multiple competitors prove worthy. I also think there should be official cards. I can help with record-keeping and things related.

I was also thinking about tag teams/a tag team title. If we have tag titles, we should do a Lethal Lottery/Battlebowl style series of randomly put together teams in a tournament for the titles.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thought behind not really tracking wins and losses is that it would free people up to do matches whenever they wanted and create storylines as they see fit. Truthfully, the thought of a loosey goosey, "do matches when you want" does make me fearful of people actually participating, but if this thread can drive the activity, it might work. Otherwise, yeah, organized cards are the way to go to make sure everyone knows who and when they should be wrestling.

Also, tag teams (though I like Superstar's "CAG Teams"), stables, etc. are encouraged as well. Have fun. Get creative. Make it your own.

[quote name='Matt Young']Another suggestion: require headsets. I don't use mine in most competitive leagues since it can be distracting to converse, but this game and the nature of the league lends itself well to conversation and lighthearted trash talking.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the thought behind this. I just probably wouldn't be able to always follow it, myself (which kind of negates the concept of "requirement"...although I'd be fine with "strongly encouraged"). If using a headset were a requirement, my availability would be extremely limited (basically weekends). On weekdays, I really can't ever guarantee that my daughter won't start yelling or singing or crying or screaming. That's usually followed by my wife reprimanding her, and in general, chaos ensues. It's a different world once you have kids.

Now, as for actually scripting a match, or putting on a good show, I GREATLY encourage using a headset. This would probably be most useful if you were also able to record your match, so you could share it in this thread. But I do think it would definitely increase the enjoyment. Like I've said, I'm not going to demand that matches be predetermined. But if anyone WANTS to job to somebody, that is totally ok too. Your CAW can be whatever you want him to be.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I feel like this is a hostile takeover of my old idea. I'm going to have to form my own rogue faction. :)

Seriously, I'm up for whatever we do. I also think win-loss is kind of meaningless to track and like the idea of at least trying to use mics most of the time.

In other news, I bought some WWE trading cards for the hell of it yesterday and got a Vader autographed card. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's the spirit!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I feel like this is a hostile takeover of my old idea. I'm going to have to form my own rogue faction. :)
[/QUOTE]

This seems extremely interesting see how CAGs can do their own alliance angle, I bet it would go out better than the WWE version. :lol:

bread's done
Back