Gamestop Promo for New or Renewed PowerUp Rewards card

neonon19s

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone,

I went to Gamestop today to trade a couple games and was talking to the associate when he mentioned to me a new promo they are doing for a limited time...there was a flyer that he gave me that offers 2 special coupons with the purchase of a New or Renewal of the Power Up card at $14.99

You get a Buy 1 Get 1 free Preowned games coupon and a coupon for 50% extra in store credit for everything you trade.

they both say one time use coupons that will be in your account 24-48 hours when you register the card online.

[quote name='neonon19s']Hey everyone,

I went to Gamestop today to trade a couple games and was talking to the associate when he mentioned to me a new promo they are doing for a limited time...there was a flyer that he gave me that offers 2 special coupons with the purchase of a New or Renewal of the Power Up card at $14.99

You get a Buy 1 Get 1 free Preowned games coupon and a coupon for 50% extra in store credit for everything you trade.

they both say one time use coupons that will be in your account 24-48 hours when you register the card online.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jupiterjones']Isn't it usually B2G1? Is this a newer (better) deal, or just a misheard statement? Inquiring minds...[/QUOTE]

The flyer says B1G1 but it was a screwup by GS. That store was supposed to toss those flyers so they screwed up too. It's just the usual B2G1.

[quote name='panda911']The flyer says B1G1 but it was a screwup by GS. That store was supposed to toss those flyers so they screwed up too. It's just the usual B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Ah so its supposed to just advertise the B2G1 coupon. I noticed on the back that it showed that instead of B1g1.

Glad I didn't set my little brother up an account and then get the wrong coupon.
thanks for the corrected info. Maybe a mod will delete this thread.

B1G1F would be a sweet... but my sub isn't up until December so no dice for me.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks i renewed my card back on march 27 and got nothing[/QUOTE]

I've had PUR for three years now and have always gotten the standard coupons (B2G1F when you sign up or renew, and a B-day coupon) plus a handful of others. Sounds like you should have contacted someone about it...

I only got the Buy Two Pre-Owned Get One Free coupon. It comes free with every subscription

A 50% trade-in would have been great. My subscription renewal is way down the line, so I hope that it becomes standard, although it seems that someone may figure out a way to exploit the 50% to make a lot of money.

[quote name='Vinny']B1G1F would be a sweet... but my sub isn't up until December so no dice for me.

I've had PUR for three years now and have always gotten the standard coupons (B2G1F when you sign up or renew, and a B-day coupon) plus a handful of others. Sounds like you should have contacted someone about it...[/QUOTE]

I have been told that you can renew anytime. Kind of like xboxlive you just pay for the next full year and get the coupons early. Can not confirm but that is what an employee told me.

[quote name='Desousa93']I have been told that you can renew anytime. Kind of like xboxlive you just pay for the next full year and get the coupons early. Can not confirm but that is what an employee told me.[/QUOTE]Can confirm in fact I posted a deal last week that would allow you to re-up for $5ish(depending on tax)
All you have to do is find the right 3 games with high TIV & you end up with free/cheap games and/or free/cheap PUR subs. I think mine ends in 2015 or 2016 now.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342046

I renewed a few days ago and only got the standard B2G1. Mine wasn't due to expire till near the end of June, but I did it for 2 reasons. The first was to get them to shut up about asking me to renew, which they started doing in early April (3 months early). The second was to reward one of the better clerks at my local store. But if they start throwing random renewal deals out there I will hold off on future renewals until they have something good to offer.

[quote name='io']I renewed a few days ago and only got the standard B2G1. Mine wasn't due to expire till near the end of June, but I did it for 2 reasons. The first was to get them to shut up about asking me to renew, which they started doing in early April (3 months early). The second was to reward one of the better clerks at my local store. But if they start throwing random renewal deals out there I will hold off on future renewals until they have something good to offer.[/QUOTE]

Did you get anything that states when your new magazine sub will start or expire? I think I will renew now too to save $5 as long as they don't screw up my magazine again, which they did more than once before.

[quote name='J7.']Did you get anything that states when your new magazine sub will start or expire? I think I will renew now too to save $5 as long as they don't screw up my magazine again, which they did more than once before.[/QUOTE]

The receipt has my new expiration date as being towards the end of June 2014 - so it definitely looks like they tacked on a year to my old membership. And I just found my latest Game Informer and it has a June 2013 expiration on it - so it looks good (ie, they added a full year).

I will clarify.

it is not a limited promo, it is a test run. Depending on how this works this will stick as permanent or not.

$14.99 - Standard GI sub (Digital) + Power Pro
( B2G1 and 50% credit coupons)

$19.99 - GI sub (Digital + Print) + Power Pro

Yes the flyer had a B1G1 coupon and was posed to be tossed. and we are gearing up for a big b2g1 sale because trades are a very big deal now. We are saving so we can have quality titles for when the sale begins. This info is based on survey replies and consumer interaction.

[quote name='io']The receipt has my new expiration date as being towards the end of June 2014 - so it definitely looks like they tacked on a year to my old membership. And I just found my latest Game Informer and it has a June 2013 expiration on it - so it looks good (ie, they added a full year).[/QUOTE]

Thank you, gonna renew soon and keep getting the physical mag before it increases in price. Wouldn't really read it if it was digital only.

I could have really used the B2G1 a few weeks ago. Now I probably won't even end up using the one I just got, especially if they have a B2G1 anyway.

[quote name='Confidance']I will clarify.

it is not a limited promo, it is a test run. Depending on how this works this will stick as permanent or not.

$14.99 - Standard GI sub (Digital) + Power Pro

$19.99 - GI sub (Digital + Print) + Power Pro

Yes the flyer had a B1G1 coupon and was posed to be tossed. and we are gearing up for a big b2g1 sale because trades are a very big deal now. We are saving so we can have quality titles for when the sale begins. This info is based on survey replies and consumer interaction.[/QUOTE]

Wait, did they up the cost of the print mag? I could care less about the digital copy. I just want the print version.

Every game magazine is going to cease publishing a print version eventually: @Gamer is already phasing it out, EGM recently went bimonthly, Gamepro, Nintendo Power and PlayStation Magazine have stopped altogether. It doesn't bode well for the industry when the most popular one is looking to make the transition to digital too.

[quote name='whitereflection']Every game magazine is going to cease publishing a print version eventually: @Gamer is already phasing it out, EGM recently went bimonthly, Gamepro, Nintendo Power and PlayStation Magazine have stopped altogether. It doesn't bode well for the industry when the most popular one is looking to make the transition to digital too.[/QUOTE]

What will I do when I take a dump?!?!?!!?!

[quote name='slidecage']sucks i renewed my card back on march 27 and got nothing[/QUOTE]

Sign in to your PowerUp Rewards account online and check your messages. That's how I received it.

[quote name='dorkyden']1. would the 50% trade in work for ipad too?
2. does the B2G1 stack with 20% off bday coupon?[/QUOTE]

Yes on both

[quote name='vherub']when did they increase the price of print to $20?[/QUOTE]
I don't think the price is $20 yet, maybe in the future that will be the new price. I just renewed and the cashier said digital and print renewals are the same price, $14.99. No it's a waiting game for coupon, then going to town with all my ps3 controllers and games.

[quote name='whitereflection']Every game magazine is going to cease publishing a print version eventually: @Gamer is already phasing it out, EGM recently went bimonthly, Gamepro, Nintendo Power and PlayStation Magazine have stopped altogether. It doesn't bode well for the industry when the most popular one is looking to make the transition to digital too.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. As someone who works in the magazine industry, the majority of print magazines will disappear. The circulation of print magazines on niche subjects will continue and have yet to see a decline in subscriptions.

[quote name='starmask2k3']Yes on both[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the B2G1 works with the birthday coupon? Have you done that yourself? I tried to use it but it overrides everything, even the in store promotion of 30% extra trade in value if you trade against a preowned game. I ended up revert the order, and that voided my B2G1 coupon.

[quote name='Fairy']Are you sure the B2G1 works with the birthday coupon? Have you done that yourself? I tried to use it but it overrides everything, even the in store promotion of 30% extra trade in value if you trade against a preowned game. I ended up revert the order, and that voided my B2G1 coupon.[/QUOTE]I can't speak for the B2G1 coupon, but I was able to get the birthday coupon to stack with the automatic B2G1 promo for :wii: and :ds: games (no longer active IIRC)--I had to make sure the most expensive game of the three would still be more expensive (after 10% PUR discount) than the other two would be (also after 10% PUR discount), and one of those other two games became the free one.

[quote name='Vigilante']I can't speak for the B2G1 coupon, but I was able to get the birthday coupon to stack with the automatic B2G1 promo for :wii: and :ds: games (no longer active IIRC)--I had to make sure the most expensive game of the three would still be more expensive (after 10% PUR discount) than the other two would be (also after 10% PUR discount), and one of those other two games became the free one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the in store promotion is different. they don't need to scan a code the apply the coupon, while the power up B2G1 one need. I could also apply the store promotion with the birthday coupon, but not the power up one. I suspect whatever need a code can't be combined with another code. And some code can override all other promotions.

[quote name='Fairy']Are you sure the B2G1 works with the birthday coupon? Have you done that yourself? I tried to use it but it overrides everything, even the in store promotion of 30% extra trade in value if you trade against a preowned game. I ended up revert the order, and that voided my B2G1 coupon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']I can't speak for the B2G1 coupon, but I was able to get the birthday coupon to stack with the automatic B2G1 promo for :wii: and :ds: games (no longer active IIRC)--I had to make sure the most expensive game of the three would still be more expensive (after 10% PUR discount) than the other two would be (also after 10% PUR discount), and one of those other two games became the free one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fairy']Yeah the in store promotion is different. they don't need to scan a code the apply the coupon, while the power up B2G1 one need. I could also apply the store promotion with the birthday coupon, but not the power up one. I suspect whatever need a code can't be combined with another code. And some code can override all other promotions.[/QUOTE]
I was able to use B2G1 coupons with the 20% off B'day coupon on two different occasions recently.

[quote name='J7.']Is the 50% extra TIV good on any hardware?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure the exact terms, but I'm hoping it applies to all trade ins.

Did anyone get there 50% bonus trade-in coupon in the "Active Offers" section? I received the B2G1 on preowned games coupon about 2 days after renewal, so I contacted support about it. The response said they will add the coupon to my account in about 10-15 business days.

Well this makes me feel a little better about having to renew my pro membership soon. Still sad though because I have had pro for free for years because of some employee screw up.

[quote name='usagi']
Did anyone get there 50% bonus trade-in coupon in the "Active Offers" section? I received the B2G1 on preowned games coupon about 2 days after renewal, so I contacted support about it. The response said they will add the coupon to my account in about 10-15 business days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was also wondering why I hadn't seen the trade-in coupon yet.

So is the 50% trade coupon a limited time thing or is it a new permanent offer? Employee told me today was the last day to get the trade coupon and that it was a bonus. I want to use that coupon but dont want to renew just yet.

I think that they'll be collecting data until the last day and they'll decide on its permanent status later. It's not permanent right now.

I signed up and I hope I get the coupon sooner rather than later. Also thinking of getting 2 copies of injustice in that 2 for $70 tru deal could be a good flip with the 50% since its going for $35 with the pur card.

[quote name='thashadow911']I signed up and I hope I get the coupon sooner rather than later. Also thinking of getting 2 copies of injustice in that 2 for $70 tru deal could be a good flip with the 50% since its going for $35 with the pur card.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it's $35? Last update was $26 for both versions.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Are you sure it's $35? Last update was $26 for both versions.[/QUOTE]

Depends. Base is $26.
If you cop p/o game and have pro; 40%

2.60 x 4 is 10.40 so...... yeah it's a slight "loss" depending on how you look at it.

I need to break down and get an iPad so I can read digital magazines easier. I have Game Informer and @Gamer. I have the print issue to GI, and I was forced to take the digital edition of @Gamer (which I skim because I don't like looking at it through my computer)

I'm really less then thrilled, signed up last week solely on the associate handing me the flyer with the B1G1 thing on it. Would NOT have paid for it otherwise and after not shopping at Gamestop for like two years I think it's going to be a long time until I do again.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Are you sure it's $35? Last update was $26 for both versions.[/QUOTE]

They have it listed on the site as $35 (though now I can't find the page in my history) with the trade in bonus, so a loss with tax but if you're trading multiple games with the 50% coupon it might be worth it.

[quote name='Confidance']Depends. Base is $26.
If you cop p/o game and have pro; 40%

2.60 x 4 is 10.40 so...... yeah it's a slight "loss" depending on how you look at it.[/QUOTE]

Oh I was looking on their site and thought that was the most recent tiv. Haven't actually seen it at the store though. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

That's the prices I was looking at. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Edit: just saw the comments above me. But what does you goes think if its still that price when the 50% comes out.

Well I just got my 50%bonus trade-in coupon after an expected 10-15 business day wait. I'm surprised it came so earlier, unless gamestop just sent them out to everyone else today too.

Terms on the 50% bonus trade-in coupon:
Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any items

Cannot be combined with any other offer.

[quote name='Deader2818']Hmm, do I want to renew just to get the 50% bonus?

If anyone doesnt want it, i have some codes to trade for it.[/QUOTE]
I think yesterday might have been the last day to signup/renew to get the 50% coupon. Well, time to trade in everything extra I got.

[quote name='usagi']I think yesterday might have been the last day to signup/renew to get the 50% coupon. Well, time to trade in everything extra I got.[/QUOTE]
With as many GS employees we have on this board I don't know why we don't have a definitive answer.

[quote name='klimb22']With as many GS employees we have on this board I don't know why we don't have a definitive answer.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps the corporate hasn't decided yet.

bread's done
Back