Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop Promo for New or Renewed PowerUp Rewards card

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 J7.

J7.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

Is the 50% extra TIV good on any hardware?

#32 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Is the 50% extra TIV good on any hardware?

I'm not sure the exact terms, but I'm hoping it applies to all trade ins.

Did anyone get there 50% bonus trade-in coupon in the "Active Offers" section? I received the B2G1 on preowned games coupon about 2 days after renewal, so I contacted support about it. The response said they will add the coupon to my account in about 10-15 business days.

#33 raven47172

raven47172

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well this makes me feel a little better about having to renew my pro membership soon. Still sad though because I have had pro for free for years because of some employee screw up.

#34 Pets0undz

Pets0undz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Did anyone get there 50% bonus trade-in coupon in the "Active Offers" section? I received the B2G1 on preowned games coupon about 2 days after renewal, so I contacted support about it. The response said they will add the coupon to my account in about 10-15 business days.

Thanks. I was also wondering why I hadn't seen the trade-in coupon yet.

#35 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

So is the 50% trade coupon a limited time thing or is it a new permanent offer? Employee told me today was the last day to get the trade coupon and that it was a bonus. I want to use that coupon but dont want to renew just yet.

512847.png

#36 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

I think that they'll be collecting data until the last day and they'll decide on its permanent status later. It's not permanent right now.

#37 thashadow911

thashadow911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

I signed up and I hope I get the coupon sooner rather than later. Also thinking of getting 2 copies of injustice in that 2 for $70 tru deal could be a good flip with the 50% since its going for $35 with the pur card.

#38 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

I signed up and I hope I get the coupon sooner rather than later. Also thinking of getting 2 copies of injustice in that 2 for $70 tru deal could be a good flip with the 50% since its going for $35 with the pur card.

Are you sure it's $35? Last update was $26 for both versions.

76561197967716198.png

#39 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

Depends. Base is $26.
If you cop p/o game and have pro; 40%

2.60 x 4 is 10.40 so...... yeah it's a slight "loss" depending on how you look at it.

#40 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

I need to break down and get an iPad so I can read digital magazines easier. I have Game Informer and @Gamer. I have the print issue to GI, and I was forced to take the digital edition of @Gamer (which I skim because I don't like looking at it through my computer)

2ibzq5d.jpg

#41 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

I'm really less then thrilled, signed up last week solely on the associate handing me the flyer with the B1G1 thing on it. Would NOT have paid for it otherwise and after not shopping at Gamestop for like two years I think it's going to be a long time until I do again.

They have it listed on the site as $35 (though now I can't find the page in my history) with the trade in bonus, so a loss with tax but if you're trading multiple games with the 50% coupon it might be worth it.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#42 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

It's $35 with PUR included.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

#43 thashadow911

thashadow911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

Depends. Base is $26.
If you cop p/o game and have pro; 40%

2.60 x 4 is 10.40 so...... yeah it's a slight "loss" depending on how you look at it.

Oh I was looking on their site and thought that was the most recent tiv. Haven't actually seen it at the store though. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

That's the prices I was looking at. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Edit: just saw the comments above me. But what does you goes think if its still that price when the 50% comes out.

#44 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I renewed my PUR on May 1st and confirm that I got a B2G1 Free coupon a 50% Extra Trade in Credit :)

#45 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well I just got my 50%bonus trade-in coupon after an expected 10-15 business day wait. I'm surprised it came so earlier, unless gamestop just sent them out to everyone else today too.

Terms on the 50% bonus trade-in coupon:
Get 50% extra in-store credit when you trade any items

Cannot be combined with any other offer.

#46 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hmm, do I want to renew just to get the 50% bonus?

If anyone doesnt want it, i have some codes to trade for it.

Selling GRAND THEFT AUTO 5 (GTA V): Collectors Edition Pack DLC Card - Playstation PS3 for $75 OBO. Paypal, Amazon or Gamestop.

Selling the other GTA V collectors edition items as well including steel book (no game).

Deader2818.png

#47 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hmm, do I want to renew just to get the 50% bonus?

If anyone doesnt want it, i have some codes to trade for it.

I think yesterday might have been the last day to signup/renew to get the 50% coupon. Well, time to trade in everything extra I got.

#48 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think yesterday might have been the last day to signup/renew to get the 50% coupon. Well, time to trade in everything extra I got.

With as many GS employees we have on this board I don't know why we don't have a definitive answer.

#49 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

With as many GS employees we have on this board I don't know why we don't have a definitive answer.

Perhaps the corporate hasn't decided yet.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#50 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Don't get this promotion confused with the select PUR members get 50% extra that expired yesterday.

This promotion is here to stay. Its their new PUR incentive on top of the B2G1 free. Now you get 2 coupons instead of 1.

#51 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

when does the 50% bonus coupon expire?

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Sign up for HitBliss now and get $1 free Quickly earn cash by watching brand videos in HitBliss Earn, and then shop for movies, TV, and music.

#52 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

when does the 50% bonus coupon expire?

My coupon has no expire date mentioned on it, but in the active offers section it says 7/31/2013.

#53 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

I've only been in one day since this went into affect so I'm not 100% clear on it all, but from what I understand: The up in price of the print magazine only applies to select test markets. I believe this will be going on for a couple of months. I don't know if the added 50% coupon applies only to these test markets, and from my understanding this second coupon won't be a limited time offer.

#54 redmosquiito

redmosquiito

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

I renewed my PUR yesterday afternoon. I didn't receive any coupon. The GS guy didn't mention a coupon of any sorts. Does PUR rewards mail the coupons? Or did I just get bent over?

#55 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

Just wanted to say that I just got back from Gamestop and they were good enough to honor the flyer I had, though that might have been helped by it being the same two that I dealt with originally. They actually made what could have been a very unpleasant situation pretty decent so I'm happy. So if anyone else has the same problem I did it's worth going in and asking at least.

I renewed my PUR yesterday afternoon. I didn't receive any coupon. The GS guy didn't mention a coupon of any sorts. Does PUR rewards mail the coupons? Or did I just get bent over?

Mine went to my account on the website and took about a week to show up.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

EldritchOnRye.png

#56 keyblader1985

keyblader1985

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'm really less then thrilled, signed up last week solely on the associate handing me the flyer with the B1G1 thing on it. Would NOT have paid for it otherwise and after not shopping at Gamestop for like two years I think it's going to be a long time until I do again.

I'd think the fact you haven't shopped there in two years would have told you not to renew your pro membership there.

#57 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Which is why I was upset when it didn't look like I was going to get the one thing that justified the expense.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png