Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

is it just me or have these seriously been getting worse and worse every month?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#63 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

its just hit or miss and as long as they do the pre order $20.00 reward zone I'll be fine. Too many people get all butt hurt when they don't get a free game every month. Sorry but best buy still have to make some money to even offer the deals from time to time and can not give everything away.

#64 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Who is asking for a free game? I think mostly just asking to not give us coupons that are worse then ones they give out for free. Well that and I guess not taking only $10 off Injustice.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#65 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm not a sub but the topic title totally caught my eye. The $15 off coupon for GOW:A is a joke. IIRC, the past two weeks(or the two weeks before that) there was a $20 off coupon for GOW:A for FREE RZ members.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#66 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

its just hit or miss and as long as they do the pre order $20.00 reward zone I'll be fine. Too many people get all butt hurt when they don't get a free game every month. Sorry but best buy still have to make some money to even offer the deals from time to time and can not give everything away.

Who is asking for a free game? I think mostly just asking to not give us coupons that are worse then ones they give out for free. Well that and I guess not taking only $10 off Injustice.

What Deader said. The coupons are pathetic. Theyre worse than Amazon prices most of the time or sale prices elsewhwere. They really have been getting worse and worse every month. THough i do think the $20.00 pre order thing is decent, thats all they got. The actual coupons are getting worse and worse
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#67 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

the fact that free members had access to a better god of war coupon than the one paid members got is a slap in the face (i know paid members got it too but thats not the point). this is the second time this has happened if im not mistaken

Edited by strait edge follower, 29 April 2013 - 02:04 PM.

Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#68 jearl

jearl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

My sub ends this month and I don't think I will be re-subscribing. I haven't used a coupon since September and I am not going to read a digital magazine.

Borderlands 2 looks like it could be a good deal, but it is what we've come to expected from the way their coupon trends (a AAA title, 6 months from release gets a coupon for $10-$20).

#69 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Best decision I've made this year is to not re-subscribe to Gamers Club Unlocked.

#70 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Best decision I've made this year is to not re-subsribe to Gamers Club Unlocked.

You need to start making more decisions.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#71 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

Nah, I'm making enough decisons, just not very good ones. So at least I made a decent one here, for now at least =)

#72 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

For the record, I got Prototype 2 for 5 dollars thanks to a coupon, and unless my memory is really faded, that was in 2013.

And I hate that God of War and Gears of War both go by the same initials, because I was getting ready to say if Gears had a price drop, I'd be all over that coupon, then realized it was God of War, and I don't have a PS3. If the God of War PS3 bundle has a price drop after E3 down to 250 or less, I'll get it, then I won't even have to worry about the coupon.

There are some good games in the coupons this month, but I don't think there are any I can use. I just bought Injustice at TRU yesterday, and already own Borderlands 2 also. But overall, I am happy wit hthe year subscription I since last August. I got ME3 for 10, Prototype 2 for 5, reward certificates for Madden, Borderlands, AC3, and Dishonored, plus a goofy magazine. Don't know that I will resubscribe when it runs out, but I don't feel angry about my subscription.

#73 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

i think we can all agree that its not thatbwe are mad at our sub to this program but that were are dissapointed in the rapid decline of it thats all. last march was prob the worst thing that could happen to us with @gamer lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#74 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

As someone who very rarely pre-orders games (this entire gen I've preordered the Skyward Sword collector's edition, Xenoblade, and Injustice. That's it), the value for Gamer's Club is in the coupons. And while none of the deals that I've been able to get BB to actually honor have been stellar aside from last March (the one with $5 Rage, ME2, and $10 Arkham City), this month's deals are insulting.

Anybody who is a Gamer's Club Member already had the chance to get Injustice for $60 with a 20 RZC coupon, WTF are they doing offering it for $50 now? Not to mention that, since launch, both Target and Toys R Us have had much better deals, and unless you are hellbent on the PS3 version you can go to BB without a GC membership and get Injustice RIGHT NOW for $50 with Amazon's price match.

GoW:A is the same deal. Already had a better offer for preordering. They already offered a $20 off coupon for it, WTF are they doing offering a $15 coupon for it? I'm not fond of repeating deals, especially this close to when they were first offered, but if you are going to do it then AT LEAST offer the same deal, not one worse. And, again, anyone can go to Best Buy RIGHT NOW and get the game for $40 with Amazon's Price match.

And Borderlands 2... I know this isn't helpful to 360 users, and this isn't necessarily a Best Buy problem, but it's already been on sale on PSN for $20. $21 if you bought Borderlands 1 with it.

So yeah, if I were still a paid GC member I'd be extremely pissed. This is a paid membership. That doesn't mean that you are going to make use out of every coupon that comes out, but when they can't even be bothered to match past offers, well someone fucked up when they came up with these deals. If they are hellbent on repeating offers they had only a month or two ago, at least match what you had before with $40 Injustice and $40 God of War. These coupons are worthless, and I can't picture any GC member making use out of half of these, except maybe to give them away to non-members.

It seems pretty apparent to me that this is as close to nothing as they could offer this month. They have to release coupons for members, and they can't just release a bunch of $5 off Ninjabread man and Aliens Colonial Marines coupons without dealing with a sea of angry members, so they pull this. I love Best Buy to death, but this seems like an uncharacteristically dickheaded move from them.

Edited by rcerboss, 29 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#75 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

The optimist in me hopes for some price drops that make these coupons good or outstanding. The pessimist in me expects very little. However, it does seem a little early to bash Best Buy when the coupons aren't even active yet and there is still a month's time worth of potential price drop or sales opportunities that could result in everyone clamoring for these coupons. Of course, I said the same thing last month...

#76 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

The optimist in me hopes for some price drops that make these coupons good or outstanding. The pessimist in me expects very little. However, it does seem a little early to bash Best Buy when the coupons aren't even active yet and there is still a month's time worth of potential price drop or sales opportunities that could result in everyone clamoring for these coupons. Of course, I said the same thing last month...

I don't know how it is at your store, but the store near me that actually keeps a decent stock of games has quit stacking the coupons with sales prices a long time ago. Yes, I know the coupons say they can't do that, in bold even, but they do and all the bitching and phonecalls I've placed haven't changed a thing. So, yeah, even if these games did go on sale it wouldn't help me or anyone else shopping at that store. That and the poor coupons are why I allowed my sub to expire.

Not that they've had sales on these coupon games in awhile, not that I can recall.
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#77 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

I love all the bitching about $10 off injustice. Until it goes on sale for $39.99. Then, it's, "Got injustice for $30!!! So glad I didn't buy on release day! I knew this would drop!" etc etc etc (No I don't think injustice will drop to $39.99. I'm just saying how about we wait till the END of a month to bitch about the coupons?)

These early @Gamer announcements are getting way too predictable. It's like an Amazon Gold Box Deal announcement. What? No Barbie Horse Adventure or Zumba joke yet? I mean, we have people who aren't even subscribers anymore bitching about them.

Yes, March last year spoiled us. But that's over now. Either move on or PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU not to renew.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#78 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

I don't know how it is at your store, but the store near me that actually keeps a decent stock of games has quit stacking the coupons with sales prices a long time ago. Yes, I know the coupons say they can't do that, in bold even, but they do and all the bitching and phonecalls I've placed haven't changed a thing. So, yeah, even if these games did go on sale it wouldn't help me or anyone else shopping at that store. That and the poor coupons are why I allowed my sub to expire.

Not that they've had sales on these coupon games in awhile, not that I can recall.

I've never had a problem getting any coupon to stack with a sale price. I know different stores are more problematic, though, so I don't doubt those who have had that problem. Now that coupons are digital for many, that should make it even easier for people with that problem since the website doesn't try to restrict coupon use with a sale price (I think).

To be clear, i've never had a coupon work on a price match, but it's not supposed to anyway.

#79 infini2001

infini2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

There seems to be a permanent price drop for Borderlands 2, $30, according to Gamestop ad this week. Hope BB does the same soon, then its coupon could be useful.

#80 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

There seems to be a permanent price drop for Borderlands 2, $30, according to Gamestop ad this week. Hope BB does the same soon, then its coupon could be useful.

Borderlands 2 at $10 would be an absolute steal. There is so much content to that game and the co-op is done so well.

#81 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Nothing for me this month. I miss the nice run of $10 games from last year. BL2 isn't bad, but I've already decided upon waiting for the GOTY version.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#82 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I love all the bitching about $10 off injustice. Until it goes on sale for $39.99. Then, it's, "Got injustice for $30!!! So glad I didn't buy on release day! I knew this would drop!" etc etc etc (No I don't think injustice will drop to $39.99. I'm just saying how about we wait till the END of a month to bitch about the coupons?)

These early @Gamer announcements are getting way too predictable. It's like an Amazon Gold Box Deal announcement. What? No Barbie Horse Adventure or Zumba joke yet? I mean, we have people who aren't even subscribers anymore bitching about them.

Yes, March last year spoiled us. But that's over now. Either move on or PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU not to renew.

I'm not irritated that they are only offering a new game for $10 off. Yes, other retailers have done better, but Injustice is still what, 2 weeks old? $10 isn't a terrible deal a brand new game, especially one as great as Injustice. Were they to offer $10 off Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter 3, or Fire Emblem Awakening, or any other games that haven't been on sale at BB yet, I don't think there'd be many complaints.

What I'm concerned about is that these deals are WEAKER than deals they've already offered within the last month or so. They already had a deal on Injustice for GC members who preordered it. Not only did they have the same deal for God of War pre-orders, but they also had a $20 coupon available to pretty much everyone who knew about it. Offering LESS than that is insulting for a paid membership. I'm not expecting $10 Need for Speed or $5 Mass Effect 3, but if people are paying for the membership, they should at least be getting NEW deals that beat what you can pricematch on Amazon right now. Not deals that can't even beat what Best Buy themselves offered weeks ago. After all, why pay for the membership if I can get a better deal just pricematching?

This seems like a pretty transparent attempt to offer nothing this month. They have to release coupons since people paid for the memberships, but they are trying to pull a fast one by intentionally releasing coupons that are, for all intents and purposes, worthless. Which is unacceptable when they charge $15 a year for a membership. After all, any members interested in a $15 rebate on GoW would have taken the $20 preorder or the $20 off coupon awhile back. Or just pricematch for $38 on Amazon. Same with Injustice, who is going to redeem the $10 coupon when Best Buy was giving $20 reward zone rebates at the game's launch? These are deals they had weeks ago, so unless they somehow got a huge influx of new members over the last few weeks, then there's very little here to appeal to GC members, and they should know that.

If these titles go on sale great, but like I said above, some stores still refuse to stack with the sale prices, so unless they keep the stock on bestbuy.com up that doesn't help everyone. As of now, I don't think anyone can argue against the fact that, at the very least, the Injustice and God of War coupons are insulting.

I've never had a problem getting any coupon to stack with a sale price. I know different stores are more problematic, though, so I don't doubt those who have had that problem. Now that coupons are digital for many, that should make it even easier for people with that problem since the website doesn't try to restrict coupon use with a sale price (I think).

To be clear, i've never had a coupon work on a price match, but it's not supposed to anyway.

I never tried to use a coupon on a pricematch from another store. I have tried to get the store to use a coupon on a sale advertised on either Bestbuy.com or in the Best Buy weekly ad, and have been refused. During March's epic sale last year I did drive off to another Best Buy and did get them to use the coupon on the sale price for Arkham City, but the store near me doesn't do that.

Edited by rcerboss, 29 April 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#83 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Id get Borderlands but it will more than likely get a GOTY edition with EVERYTHING on the disc like the first one.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#84 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

What I'm concerned about is that these deals are WEAKER than deals they've already offered within the last month or two. They already had a deal on Injustice for GC members who preordered it. Not only did they have the same deal for God of War pre-orders, but they also had a $20 coupon available to pretty much everyone who knew about it. Offering LESS than that is insulting for a paid membership. I'm not expecting $10 Need for Speed or $5 Mass Effect 3, but if people are paying for the membership, they should at least be getting NEW deals that beat what you can pricematch on Amazon right now. Not deals that can't even beat what Best Buy themselves offered weeks ago. After all, why pay for the membership if I can get a better deal just pricematching?

You realize these deals are driven by the publishers, right? The fact that they were able to offer $20 in RZ points for preordering is because the publisher was pushing it. In fact, since week 1 sales are so important, there's a huge push to have preorder discounts. This happens with every title. You have preorder discount, go MSRP for a few weeks, have another discount, etc etc. Everyone on CAG knows the rhythm of these deals.

If the publisher isn't subsidizing the $20, do you expect best buy to eat the other $10 cost off of something that you pay $1.5 a month for? Every month on a different title?

Perhaps you shouldn't pay for the membership if you hate it so much.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#85 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

For the record, I got Prototype 2 for 5 dollars thanks to a coupon, and unless my memory is really faded, that was in 2013.

Wasnt that like a deal of the day (I got a copy)? Then price went back up. And then BB totaly teabags us by having it for the same sale price a day after the coupon expired.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#86 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yeah, something like that.

They likely won't drop the price on Borderlands 2 till after the coupon is over. Doom 3 had an MSRP drop to 19.99 and it didn't drop to that price till after the coupon was over. Granted I don't feel we should have gotten a game for free, but it pretty much made the coupon worthless.

Deader2818.png

#87 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Correct me If im wrong here but since the prototype 2 for 5$ fiasco not one of the @gamer coupon games have gone in sale during the time the coupon is eligible , and seems like the same goes for the gcu unlocked offers online .

#88 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

correct me if im wrong here but since the prototype 2 for 5$ fiasco not one of the @gamer coupon games have gone in sale during the time the coupon is eligible , and seems like the same goes for the gcu unlocked offers online .

dbz

Ees7Y.jpg

#89 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

DBZ was $5 at the very start of the coupon. When the thread started people already knew the coupon would bring it down to $5.

Deader2818.png

#90 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

MSRP drops are better than sales generally