Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MulderYuffie']Was just about to post this ordered my copy and can't wait to play it! :)[/QUOTE]

Got mine ordered as well. Very excited that we were finally able to place our orders :applause:

OH man. I'm going to get confused now that we have the preorder and active threads.

Did they announce a sales window? Are they cutting it off at a certain date?

[quote name='GBAstar']OH man. I'm going to get confused now that we have the preorder and active threads.

Did they announce a sales window? Are they cutting it off at a certain date?[/QUOTE]

Good question! Yes, Vic has said that sales will end May 8th. Here was his post: "BTW, still working on the order flow in the sandbox mode of Amazon checkout, but we've set the presale opening for Monday, and it will run through May 8th. Emails will be sent to those that signed up with the interest poll, and to Kickstarter backers, in addition to posts here and on Twitter, so everyone has a chance to order that wants to."

[quote name='ColdAssFashion']So are we charged immediately? I know they usually wait till its shipped, but I don't see anything that states either.[/QUOTE]

According to the preorder page, they will charge your card in 1-3 days after placing a preorder.

[quote name='ColdAssFashion']So are we charged immediately? I know they usually wait till its shipped, but I don't see anything that states either.[/QUOTE]

"Your credit card will be charged for this digital voucher purchase in 1-3 days."

Yes. I just checked my account and the transaction is already pending against my balance.

It says you will receive the download code in 1-3 days after going through amazon payments. You will receive your game in 4-8 weeks, the games are being made to order, no refunds because of this.

Doesn't anybody read past 2 sentences anymore?

The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete. We expect complete fufillment of these vouchers with both physical and digital product in 4-8 weeks, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. Your credit card will be charged for this digital voucher purchase in 1-3 days. We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS.

[quote name='ColdAssFashion']Cool, just wanted to make sure. I'm debating getting a second copy.[/QUOTE]
It would help sales and you could just sell it for a profit so why not?

I might do this for the rarity. I hope the code for the digital version won't be sealed in the box. Because if I were to buy this I'd rather play it on the Vita and keep the physical sealed. I might pass and just order from PSN.

edit: I should've checked the preorder page first before commenting, so they email it. Cool.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I might do this for the rarity. I hope the code for the digital version won't be sealed in the box. Because if I were to buy this I'd rather play it on the Vita and keep the physical sealed. I might pass and just order from PSN.[/QUOTE]

Voucher will be send by email

[quote name='MulderYuffie']It would help sales and you could just sell it for a profit so why not?[/QUOTE]

It's a matter of spending the actual money now as opposed to when it would be sent. Gotta keep an eye on the budget is all.

I'm sure I'll get a second one, I'll just pretend to be indecisive for a couple more days.

[quote name='argyle']Anyone know how much just the digital download will cost?[/QUOTE]
IIRC $20 or $25 so might as well get the physical copy if you really don't want it sell it off it really help us out.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']IIRC $20 or $25 so might as well get the physical copy if you really don't want it sell it off it really help us out.[/QUOTE]

I don't care anything about the UMD or going through the trouble to sell it. BTW, who is the "us" I'd be helping out? :?: The production of the game is already a go isn't it?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I like when people make an "extremely rare" prediction claim. It makes present and future me laugh.[/QUOTE]

Uh why? In this case the game will only be sold for less then a week, and based on the survey previously done it'll have less then 3000 units shipped. under 3k is pretty rare.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I like when people make an "extremely rare" prediction claim. It makes present and future me laugh.[/QUOTE]

It is limited to a small amount (to whomever orders a copy, no extras) so it can be considered rare. Whether there will be a demand on it is purely speculation at this point and in the end the demand plays a big factor whether the price will go up or not even if its rare.

Maybe a stupid question but I googled a bit and saw this was available for the Vita via DD. The voucher that comes with the UMD, would we get the option to download the Vita version or will it only be valid for the PSP version? I'm not saavy about how the PS DD works and I don't have a Vita yet but plan to. Would love to keep the UMD sealed and run this on my future Vita. At some point, I'll likely ditch my PSP.

[quote name='argyle']I don't care anything about the UMD or going through the trouble to sell it. BTW, who is the "us" I'd be helping out? :?: The production of the game is already a go isn't it?[/QUOTE]It will help out on future physical PSP releases is what I mean.

I agree it'll be rare enough. I'm preordering the physical set and redeeming the code, will probably sell off the UMD. If nothing else after fees and whatnot it'll still probably be cheaper to do it that way than to buy straight PSN version. I get the game, the company gets more money, everyone wins.

[quote name='bob330i']Maybe a stupid question but I googled a bit and saw this was available for the Vita via DD. The voucher that comes with the UMD, would we get the option to download the Vita version or will it only be valid for the PSP version? I'm not saavy about how the PS DD works and I don't have a Vita yet but plan to. Would love to keep the UMD sealed and run this on my future Vita. At some point, I'll likely ditch my PSP.[/QUOTE]
Yup no worries you can keep it sealed the voucher works just like redeeming a PSN card it is a PSP game but will be readily avaliable to play on the Vita once you download the game. :)

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Yup no worries you can keep it sealed the voucher works just like redeeming a PSN card it is a PSP game but will be readily avaliable to play on the Vita once you download the game. :)[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for the confirm. I'm ordering now.

Sounds neat, but the only rare thing would be the kickstarter version.

The umd is sort of worthless if the PSN version is going to exist, I mean who would want a umd over a download, do you prefer grindy disc drive sounds?

[quote name='redroversk']The umd is sort of worthless if the PSN version is going to exist, I mean who would want a umd over a download, do you prefer grindy disc drive sounds?[/QUOTE]

Collectors like me prefer physical copies, regardless of if we're going to use them or not.

how is the download going to work.. DO YOU HAVE TO download it into the PS3 then the vita or can i go right from the page and download it into my VITA

ALMOST GOT IT BUT SAW

this

We charge you today.

we ship your item to you in 4 to 8 weeks or even LONGER LOL

So what is the gameplay for this game? Is it an SRPG like Disgaea or is it more like a Final Fantasty JRPG system?

$40 for a good PSP game physical copy and digital copy really is not a bad deal if the game is any good.

There was a survey done a few months ago where they were trying to see if there was enough interest to do an extremely limited UMD run. 2500 signups were needed for it to happen and I believe it got about 2700 by the time the survey closed. Anyone who signed up was sent an email when the sale went live, as well as anyone who backed the failed kickstarter from last year.

[quote name='skiizim']It says you will receive the download code in 1-3 days after going through amazon payments. You will receive your game in 4-8 weeks, the games are being made to order, no refunds because of this.

Doesn't anybody read past 2 sentences anymore?[/QUOTE]

It also says.. "The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete."

So you will be charged now.. and get the code when it releases on PSN. Don't think there's a date for that yet?

[quote name='Jinque']It also says.. "The digital download code will be emailed to buyers when the game is available on PSN, and the physical version of the game will be shipped when manufacturing is complete."

So you will be charged now.. and get the code when it releases on PSN. Don't think there's a date for that yet?[/QUOTE]
mid to late May I believe but everything is set in stone now so it's for sure going to be released no going back now. :)

I have a decent amount of Amazon credit I'd like to use for this, but it doesn't appear to be an option. Why is that? Can it be changed?

[quote name='bob330i']Excellent, I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for the confirm. I'm ordering now.[/QUOTE]

Playing PSP games on Vita is a great experience. When you go into PSN from the Vita, there is a PSP category for PSP format games that you can download and play on your Vita. COH2 will be in there. You have the advantage of a bigger screen, and Vita does offer Bi-linear Filtering (I think that's what its called) to help smooth out the difference in lower res PSP graphics on the higher res Vita screen. You can also assign the right analog stick to handle the shoulder button functions, which is great for PSP games that use the shoulder buttons to rotate the camera. Another great feature is the ability to assign the four-corners of the front touchscreen to any of the other buttons. I personally like setting the lower left corner of the touchscreen to the select button for games that use select to display the map.

[quote name='canedaddy']I have a decent amount of Amazon credit I'd like to use for this, but it doesn't appear to be an option. Why is that? Can it be changed?[/QUOTE]

No, you are not buying a product through Amazon. You are paying for something via Amazonpayments, kinda like the paypal service.

It's hard to say if the UMD version will be really valuable or not. Sure, there won't be many of them but the game will be on PSN, and it's not an LE so it doesn't have stuff like an artbox, book, soundtrack, etc that really draw in collectors to spend a lot(like the NISA LEs for the Atelier and Hyperdimension Neptunia games).

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']So what is the gameplay for this game? Is it an SRPG like Disgaea or is it more like a Final Fantasty JRPG system?

$40 for a good PSP game physical copy and digital copy really is not a bad deal if the game is any good.[/QUOTE]

Neither. More like a first person dungeon crawler along the lines of Etrian Odyssey or Wizardry.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Collectors like me prefer physical copies, regardless of if we're going to use them or not.[/QUOTE]

I second that! I always want physical copies if available. Many advantages to physical copies, including the ability to resell them later, oh and sometimes downloadable games are taken off the market and cannot be redownloaded.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']I just checked out the gameplay for this. This game looks incredibly fun. Definitely ordering one. Good post OP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was going to respond to your earlier question, but you figured it out before I had a chance. The time I've spent with COH1, it is a first person dungeon crawler that is very similar in style to the Wizardry titles. I believe Etrian Odyssey games are in this style as well. One of my favorite first person dungeon crawlers was called Shining in the Darkness for the Sega Genesis. I've been a fan of the genre ever since.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Didn't they say this will be missing the real opening theme?[/QUOTE]

Initially yes. Here is what Vic said on 4/20, "Our Solution (Good News):
Rather than hold the game up even longer while we're trying to work this out, we are resubmitting the game (both digital and physical format) to Sony QA WITHOUT the opening animation and song. Once the rights issue is resolved, we'll put the opening back in, run it through QA again, and put it on PSN for everyone to download. This way, fans will finally be able to play the game, we can gauge interest and enthusiasm for our work, and it won't push Class of Heroes 3 into 2014 by waiting forever to release a finished Class of Heroes 2.

Note that the final opening animation may or may not include the original song. If we can't resolve the rights issue, we're discussing getting a replacement song from Acquire. One way or another, though, the opening will be put back.

We'll upload a new version that has the opening animation to PSN once the rights are cleared and anyone that already has downloaded CoH2 can update theirs to the new version free. The only downer is that the UMD will be forever opening animation-less."

As to the whole rarity argument... It definitely hits a lot of the usual factors (Limited run, towards end of system life cycle, actually a decent game) but the whole digital availability thing is a wildcard. I was going to buy it regardless, so it is a no brainer for me to buy the physical copy with digital.

My only concern is whether it will really come out on time or not. We ARE talking about Victor Ireland here. The guy is certainly enthusiastic, but I trust his date predictions about as much as I trust myself not to blow my videogame budget. ;)

[quote name='Jinque']No, you are not buying a product through Amazon. You are paying for something via Amazonpayments, kinda like the paypal service.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the response. That's a shame though... I'd really love a UMD version of the game but don't think I can swing a cash/credit purchase at the moment.

bread's done
Back