(DEAD) Newegg: Muramasa Rebirth $30, Crysis 3 $35, Dead Space 3 $30, GoW Judgment $35

[quote name='malethief']I'd scoop up Muramasa if I didn't want the limited edition more[/QUOTE]
Does the LE front skin also protect the screen? The LE skins look great, but I have the standard Hori screen protector on my Vita right now and don't want to lose the protection.

-Edit-
Looks like the P4G LE Hori skin protects the screen, so this one probably does as well. I may get the LE instead, but I'll keep this pre-order for now.

all these deals really make me mad I live in one of the only states that newegg charges tax to. It's not quite as much a deal when you have to pay an extra 10%, and what with them dropping the ebates cash back:cry:

Wow that is super tempting for Muramasa. I don't spend more than $20 on portable games with very few exceptions. I already know it's awesome from playing the Wii version too. Hmm...

Played the wii version long time ago of muramasa , very unique and fun game... Id buy it for 40$. 30$ is a really really good price!

[quote name='Crimson Mist']Must resist...Muramasa...too much backlog. :(([/QUOTE]

So much this. I just can't justify $30 for any game at this point.

Seems like Muramasa is getting a lot of praise from CAGs, I might just have to check it out. I just got my $20 promo credit from Amazon, and have no idea what to buy.

[quote name='AwRy108']PLEASE submit the lower price to Amazon: Muramasa Rebirth @ Amazon[/QUOTE]

I'm always submitting these prices to Amazon, and I've NEVER seen results. Do they even try to match NewEgg?

I have Amazon Prime and no tax, whereas NewEgg taxes me. Drives me nuts.

Hmm...I think the earliest I would play Muramasa, with Rayman Origins, DKC Returns for the 3DS, Odin Sphere, maybe Shovel Knight and Anne, and maybe New Super Mario Bros. left to go...is probably in two years or so, maybe three.

I think this game would be about $20 used then, but I wouldn't mind ponying up $10 more...have to think about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about this game in relation to others like it?

Odin Sphere is made by the same company
A few of those games you listed aren't very long.

I played Muramasa on the Wii and it's very fun, it's also easy to pick up and play. Especially if you had it on a handheld. I highly recommend it as $30 is a great price

[quote name='Serpentor']Pony up $10 more, it's not worth the wait even with huge backlogs. I'm torn between the LE and Newegg's $30 regular version. If Newegg is getting the promo music CD, it would be totally awesome. http://muramasarebirth.com/special/[/QUOTE]Considering it says "Amazon and Gamestop" right there for the CD, Newegg might not be getting it. It's worth asking on Aksys's Facebook page, though...

With my huge backlog of portable games, I'm not sure if I should get Muramasa Rebirth at launch, though if Amazon matched the $29.99 price, I'd be likelier to preorder it from there just because I've got a lot of credit there and the preorder CD would be a nice bonus. :whistle2:k

I want The Last of US, I know I am getting it. I have the CE pre-ordered at Best Buy for $80. I mainly just care about the art book and the steelbook.

If I can get Best Buy to match the base game at $50, that would essentially make the game $30, where as the CE would be $60. Is it worth $30 for the book and steelbook?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I want The Last of US, I know I am getting it. I have the CE pre-ordered at Best Buy for $80. I mainly just care about the art book and the steelbook.

If I can get Best Buy to match the base game at $50, that would essentially make the game $30, where as the CE would be $60. Is it worth $30 for the book and steelbook?[/QUOTE]It depends on how much you want those bonuses--considering the book goes for $39.98 MSRP ($25.98 to preorder on Amazon as of this post), you're basically getting the book and steelbook at a discount of sorts. I also have the CE (Survival Edition) preordered at BBY (online), and since the game looks so dang good, I really want the steelbook. The artbook looks pretty cool, too.

[quote name='emperordahc']I'm always submitting these prices to Amazon, and I've NEVER seen results. Do they even try to match NewEgg?

I have Amazon Prime and no tax, whereas NewEgg taxes me. Drives me nuts.[/QUOTE]

I don't get taxed at NewEgg, so I'd typically just buy from them; but I have over $300 in Amazon credit, so, for the foreseeable future, I'll be buying most of my games there. In any event, when it comes to videogames, I feel like they never match NewEgg, and also rarely match anyone else these days.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Man I'm tempted to get Muramasa but I got to big of a backlog and need to get rid of.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about DS3. I think I'll wait. Chances are, by the time I'm ready to play DS3, the price will be already dropped to $30 or maybe even $20. I think I'll wait. Muramasa though... I kinda want now.

I'm gonna try Bestbuy to PM, but does anyone know if Target PM's?

[quote name='rockykai']Hmm...I think the earliest I would play Muramasa, with Rayman Origins, DKC Returns for the 3DS, Odin Sphere, maybe Shovel Knight and Anne, and maybe New Super Mario Bros. left to go...is probably in two years or so, maybe three.

I think this game would be about $20 used then, but I wouldn't mind ponying up $10 more...have to think about it. Does anyone have any thoughts about this game in relation to others like it?[/QUOTE]

I just preordered this, looks like a fantastic game and I want to support the devs. Check this Youtube vid for some gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBcKXPtfKOQ

[quote name='itzknickknac']That's how I feel about DS3. I think I'll wait. Chances are, by the time I'm ready to play DS3, the price will be already dropped to $30 or maybe even $20. I think I'll wait. Muramasa though... I kinda want now.

I'm gonna try Bestbuy to PM, but does anyone know if Target PM's?[/QUOTE]
Assuming I didn't misunderstand your post and you're suggesting PMing the $29.99 preorder price for Muramasa Rebirth at BBY, you might have a bit of...difficulty considering they don't even have a product page up for it online. :cry: Neither does Target, for that matter.

Hmmm, thanks for the suggestions so far!

On top of not getting to many of those games (and others like Ys Origins and maybe Celceta, a few Tomb Raiders and Metroidvanias...), I won't own a Vita for a while and my backlog is at 100 or so now excluding some games that I know I will buy (Chronicles of Mystara, ToX).

I'll probably still bite because I love Mega Man games and platformers of its kind...

I decided to get the base game...While I do want the art book and steelbook, getting the game for essentially $30 (50% off) means I can get another game later on, so basically B1G1. The art book and steelbook would just sit on my shelf after I look at them for a bit.

Muramasa is a decent game. I'm not prepared to say it was superior to Odin Sphere, though. IMHO, I thought the story was better crafted in OS, but the PS2 chugged a bit in handling the graphics. Muramasa is a sight to behold (even on the Wii) but the characters are less likeable and the story was needlessly convoluted.

[quote name='Fairy']Is it a fighting game or more of an action RPG?[/QUOTE]

More of a platforming hack n slash that looks REALLY nice.

Muramasa was utterly mediocre beyond the graphics on Wii. Unless they have really hugely overhauled the gameplay, it scarcely merits a second look.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Muramasa was utterly mediocre beyond the graphics on Wii. Unless they have really hugely overhauled the gameplay, it scarcely merits a second look.[/QUOTE]

you know, I tend to agree with you. I was a little befuddled by all the good press this game was getting. Again, visually, it's quite something but it's nothing special. I enjoyed Alien Hominid a whole lot more.

BTW, I'm tempted on Dead Space 3. Never finished the first one but loved the second one. I'm inclined to get DS3, but the reviews haven't been very attractive. I'm inclined to wait until it hits $20 (which like all EA games is inevitable). That, and I've dropped a pretty penny with moving, new games, and home-related buying lately ... oh, decisions.

Anyone who played the DS games care to give me their two cents on DS3, and whether it's worth $30 now?

[quote name='romeogbs19']BTW, I'm tempted on Dead Space 3. Never finished the first one but loved the second one. I'm inclined to get DS3, but the reviews haven't been very attractive. I'm inclined to wait until it hits $20 (which like all EA games is inevitable). That, and I've dropped a pretty penny with moving, new games, and home-related buying lately ... oh, decisions.

Anyone who played the DS games care to give me their two cents on DS3, and whether it's worth $30 now?[/QUOTE]Wait for $20. I played all three and I'd rate it as the worst of the 3:

DS1: 5/5
DS2: 4.5/5
DS3: 4/5

It's good, but not $30 good.

[quote name='romeogbs19']BTW, I'm tempted on Dead Space 3. Never finished the first one but loved the second one. I'm inclined to get DS3, but the reviews haven't been very attractive. I'm inclined to wait until it hits $20 (which like all EA games is inevitable). That, and I've dropped a pretty penny with moving, new games, and home-related buying lately ... oh, decisions.

Anyone who played the DS games care to give me their two cents on DS3, and whether it's worth $30 now?[/QUOTE]

Payed $60 day one preorder. Loved it. Loved all three. This one finally gives you some different scenery as well. Great game and reviews arent always the best way to judge a game. You wont regret it but wait as long as you can till it hits your price range.

Muramasa is a beautiful game a definite buy for me. i kinda wish the dlc chars were better tho,oh and co-op would have been awesome.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Payed $60 day one preorder. Loved it. Loved all three. This one finally gives you some different scenery as well. Great game and reviews arent always the best way to judge a game. You wont regret it but wait as long as you can till it hits your price range.[/QUOTE]

Thanks -- have to ask about the ending -- is it one of those terrible cliffhanger endings, or is there actual closure? I need to ask; I hate sinking hours into a game (esp. given how much less disposable time I have nowadays) and then be left with a WTF at the end ...

I ask b/c I saw they created a DLC and I read about that and since I don't play DLC content (unless it comes packed on-disc), I was concerned that the stand-alone campaign story was left hanging ...

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Does Newegg charge immediately? Or when they ship the item?[/QUOTE]

They always charge when it ships.

Thanks OP! Pre-ordered!

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait for $20. I played all three and I'd rate it as the worst of the 3:

DS1: 5/5
DS2: 4.5/5
DS3: 4/5

It's good, but not $30 good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks-- Your comment is the one I hear most often. I really enjoyed 2; when I heard about 3, I was excited but then as I started to hear from people that the story felt forced and tired, I took DS3 out of my must-buy category ... I recently picked up TR instead.

[quote name='sp1cychick3n']Does Newegg charge immediately? Or when they ship the item?[/QUOTE]

ship

just be careful buying delicate stuff from em because any physical damage and they wont refund you. great place to buy games or non moving parts like ram and junk. Stuff like motherboards, laptops, tv's i'd steer clear from.

bread's done
Back