Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly- [DEAD] Resident Evil 6 $10, Assassin's Creed: Rev $10, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $13

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#211 adamgould

adamgould

Nothing Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

That is lucky. Either Gamefly had more copies of the game than they could rent or everyone who rented the game couldn't be bothered to redeem the digital copy. Neither scenario bodes well for the game. I have to wonder what buyers for video game retailers thought when they saw this game. "It's Smash Bros. with PlayStation mascots."

Most ill informed post I've read here. Read the OP people.

#212 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Most ill informed post I've read here. Read the OP people.

You read the post just before yours, or any post on this page for that matter. The bonus for this game is not a voucher or code. It's on the disc and can only be redeemed once, which means anyone who rented the game could have done so.

Now let's see if you know when to admit when you're being an assclown or in typical Internet fashion, you gloss over it as you did every other post on this page.

#213 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

My copy of A:CM arrived today. Looks great, as usual.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#214 ShinSolidus

ShinSolidus

El Guapo Jr.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Got my PSASBR today. The disc was in really good shape, but the Vita version of the game was claimed. I don't own a Vita just yet, so it's not a total loss. I kinda wanted to have a copy of it for when I did finally cave and get one though. Ah well.

card.pngShin_Solidus.png

Feel free to add me! Just let me know you're from CAG, please.

#215 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

My copy of A:CM arrived today. Looks great, as usual.

Me too, I'm going to start playing it now with the Mrs.8-)

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#216 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

PSABR Vita copy wasn't redeemed on my copy, that was a nice surprise.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#217 alphax1987

alphax1987

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Just received my PSASBR today as well....
online pass code wasnt used yet :lol:
and neither was the redemption for the vita version (dont have a vita so wont be redeeming it either)

#218 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

Wow, words cannot describe the train wreck that is CM.

How they have the audacity to market this as a $59.99 game is beyond me.

Just...wow.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#219 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

I'm really surprised how many of you guys are getting the unredeemed Vita vouchers with your PSASBR disc. I expected them all to be used up, since Gamefly members could have exploit this offer for a free copy of PSASBR on Vita.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#220 Fratty McDouche

Fratty McDouche

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be another sale this weekend?

#221 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Yes it is the same for R&C*, Sly Cooper, and all future retail crossbuy games, unless they announce a change.

*The caveat here is that the Vita version of R&C: FFA is not currently available, so the on-disc voucher for the game is not redeemable yet, as far as I know. So you should be able to buy R&C: FFA used and redeem the on-disc voucher once the Vita version finally releases. It should also entitle you to Deadlocked HD, which they are giving away for free to all FFA owners as an apology to how long of a delay the Vita version of FFA has had. However, I can't guarantee any of this.

Aha! Thanks for this. Had to come back and search the thread. Got my Ratchet today and started freaking out cuz there was no code (or instruction manual at all, actually. Just a single sheet with warnings like epilepsy on it).
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#222 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

I love these sales. Got PSABR. On another note, Gamefly contacted me and asked me to be in their new testimonial commercial! :D
Posted Image

#223 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be another sale this weekend?

Look at the OP. Great sale, right? :roll:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Hard] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#224 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

I kind of want Epic Mickey 2. Someone tell me if I should get it or not.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#225 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I kind of want Epic Mickey 2. Someone tell me if I should get it or not.

the game as a whole is mediocre at best, with wii/wii-u being superior in gameplay experience. i say save your money on something else. just wait for the inevitable $7.99 from bestbuy clearance .

#226 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Got my Transformers:FoC for 360 today. Second time I bought it from them. This one is in even worse shape. I will need to check if it installs. The way people treat these games sometimes is laughable.

#227 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm really surprised how many of you guys are getting the unredeemed Vita vouchers with your PSASBR disc. I expected them all to be used up, since Gamefly members could have exploit this offer for a free copy of PSASBR on Vita.

How does this work? Does each disk sold have different data burned to it? Seems impossible.

#228 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Got Halo 4 & Ratchet & Clank: FFTA yesterday...both in great shape as always!

#229 Smashingly

Smashingly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

How does this work? Does each disk sold have different data burned to it? Seems impossible.

It says something like "Disc benefits" under the regular disc icon in XMB. When you claim it, it takes you to the store and redeems the regular PSN version.

#230 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

holding out for $10 Witcher 2. Wish LEGO LotR was PS3/360, but I've still got pirates to tide me over while I wait.
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#231 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

holding out for $10 Witcher 2. Wish LEGO LotR was PS3/360, but I've still got pirates to tide me over while I wait.

were you not a cag member yet , when bestbuy had the rewardzone offer for $10 witch 2?

#232 M_A_C

M_A_C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

It says something like "Disc benefits" under the regular disc icon in XMB. When you claim it, it takes you to the store and redeems the regular PSN version.

So it seems like it's tied to your PSN account not the actual disk. Why are people thinking that it will be "used already" from a rental?

#233 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

were you not a cag member yet , when bestbuy had the rewardzone offer for $10 witch 2?

hmm, must have missed it or had other things to buy. It's really not anywhere near the top of my want list, but I've been somewhat interested. Planning to pick it up in a lul.
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#234 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

So it seems like it's tied to your PSN account not the actual disk. Why are people thinking that it will be "used already" from a rental?

I'm not sure why that other guy answered you in that way. Each disc has one redemption tied to it. Like you say, it's "burned" onto the disc or something.

I'm no techie, but the techies I've seen post about it seem to think that it's rather impressive that Sony has been able to implement this "one-time redemption" feature onto a disc.

Possibly has something to do with this patent? (I don't know, like I said I'm not a pro on this sort of stuff).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#235 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I don't know why everyone craps all over Aliens. My brother and I have been having a blast with it. Is the multiplayer broken or something? Maybe we're just that into the franchise. Aliens is one of my favorite movies. James Cameron films are almost always excellent.

#236 Smashingly

Smashingly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sorry if my answer was vague. There is another disc icon under the regular one to launch the PS3 game. When you click on it, it takes you to the Vita game in the PSN store and asks if you'd like to redeem it. At least thats what I did when I rented Sly 4 from GF.

Does that make sense? Maybe i'm bad at explaining things.

#237 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

I don't know why everyone craps all over Aliens. My brother and I have been having a blast with it. Is the multiplayer broken or something? Maybe we're just that into the franchise. Aliens is one of my favorite movies. James Cameron films are almost always excellent.

I too am a big fan of the franchise but that game was total crap. I luckily only rented it opening week and it was full of bugs, crappy graphics, a lame ass story, glitchy aliens, and disappointing gameplay. I finished the whole thing and while I'm glad I did, it was still pretty painful. Now I didn't get into the multiplayer very much so maybe that could make the game acceptable but single player blows.

#238 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

I too am a big fan of the franchise but that game was total crap. I luckily only rented it opening week and it was full of bugs, crappy graphics, a lame ass story, glitchy aliens, and disappointing gameplay. I finished the whole thing and while I'm glad I did, it was still pretty painful. Now I didn't get into the multiplayer very much so maybe that could make the game acceptable but single player blows.

I haven't run into hardly any bugs or glitchy aliens. The graphics are hard to critique since we are playing split screen on a lower res TV. All I know is we have been enjoying blasting away at the aliens.

#239 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm not sure why that other guy answered you in that way. Each disc has one redemption tied to it. Like you say, it's "burned" onto the disc or something.

I'm no techie, but the techies I've seen post about it seem to think that it's rather impressive that Sony has been able to implement this "one-time redemption" feature onto a disc.

Possibly has something to do with this patent? (I don't know, like I said I'm not a pro on this sort of stuff).

Wonder if this is the future to fght used games/renting....

#240 SynDDDDD

SynDDDDD

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hello there!
I need help from a fellow CAGian to buy me L4D and L4D2 from the valve sale from GameFly as it doesn't allow me due to region restrictions

Both will be 8$ with 20% off code GFDMAY20
I'm willing to pay via Paypal
please reply me as soon as possible
Thanks