Man loses $2600 trying to win an Xbox Kinect at local NH Carnival

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!
So I had to post this story. It may be the most anti-CAG thing I have ever read. There is a video you need to watch but I cannot embed it on the website so click the link to see the video. Here is the text and remember you can't fix stupid.

Man loses life savings on carnival game
A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.
Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.
The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.
“It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” Gribbohm said. “You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back.’”
Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."
Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.
Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.
“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/carnival-life-savings-135411650.html?vp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_lewvrcsSFf1qdgh54.gif

[quote name='mitch079']I need to sharpen my skills at 3 Card Monte and head to Maine.[/QUOTE]
You probably wouldn't need to sharpen them.

Wow. Calling him a moron would be the understatement of the year. That guy is the biggest sucker in the world. He deserves to lose the $2600 for being so incredibly, amazingly, and ridiculously stupid. I hope for the sake of the United States, and the world for that matter, that he does not have any kids. By him not procreating he is raising the average IQ in the USA (and probably the world for that matter) by at least a few points by not diluting the gene pool with his mentally deficient genes.

This is the reason why human evolution has ceased. The morons no longer die. Instead they have more kids than the educated individuals. We as a species are ed-evolving. The movie Idiocracy has more truth to it than many realize I am sure. Seeing this kind of stuff just makes me realize that our species is doomed..heh.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Wow. Calling him a moron would be the understatement of the year. That guy is the biggest sucker in the world. He deserves to lose the $2600 for being so incredibly, amazingly, and ridiculously stupid. I hope for the sake of the United States, and the world for that matter, that he does not have any kids. By him not procreating he is raising the average IQ in the USA (and probably the world for that matter) by at least a few points by not diluting the gene pool with his mentally deficient genes.

This is the reason why human evolution has ceased. The morons no longer die. Instead they have more kids than the educated individuals. We as a species are ed-evolving. The movie Idiocracy has more truth to it than many realize I am sure. Seeing this kind of stuff just makes me realize that our species is doomed..heh.[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the part where he was pushing a stroller.

I didn't watch the video so I apologize if it explains there but I didn't see this in the text.

HOW MUCH WAS A TICKET??

If he dropped $2,600 on ONE carnival game he must have been there forever. I haven't been to a carnival since 'Nam but I'm assuming a "try" at a game couldn't cost more than $1?

[quote name='AirMcLaren']I didn't watch the video so I apologize if it explains there but I didn't see this in the text.

HOW MUCH WAS A TICKET??

If he dropped $2,600 on ONE carnival game he must have been there forever. I haven't been to a carnival since 'Nam but I'm assuming a "try" at a game couldn't cost more than $1?[/QUOTE]

I think the carnie was allowing him to go "double or nothing" to win his cash back.

So let's assume it's a dollar for one try. If you're doubling it each time (i.e. $2, $5, $10, $20, $40, $80, etc.) it wouldn't take long to lose $2,600

[quote name='batman1939']Wait he went home for $2300? So he doesn't have a bank? Is he a drug dealer? Or hiding from the IRS?[/QUOTE]

probally on section 8 or welfare so they cant have money in the bank so they keep it all in cash..

laugh my ass of if now the kick the stupid son of a bitch off of the welfare dime...

now he will be on tv crying.. I dont have money to feed my child

too bad you stupid motherfucker

ALSO games can cost up to 5 bucks per try..I know at ceder point its 5 bucks per game last year...

good luck with your lawsuit buddy i hope they sue your ass for being stupid

I have to say, the local news team there have a really nice studio there. Smooth layout.

Love that the anchors couldn't even fake sympathy for more than a second or two.

He should just list the banana for $2600 on Ebay and get his money back. I'd consider it at that price...only if the shipping is free though.

[quote name='DNukem170']Love that the anchors couldn't even fake sympathy for more than a second or two.[/QUOTE]

I was just waiting for them to laugh at the moron for wasting that much money. These are the same types of morons that get a PS3/X360 system from rent-to-own places that end up costing $1,200 once it's paid off.

IMO this guy is less of a loser of his life savings of $2600, and more of a winner of a giant rasta dreadlocked banana.

I can't believe they ran this story. come on. what a sucker. i hope he doesn't get anything back, & they take away his kick ass banana!

I too saw the banana and legitimately thought it looked pretty sweet. Not 2 grand sweet but hey, it's something, it's cool.

It doesn't make sense because he went from trying to win a Kinect to then trying to win his money back on double or nothings? Did the game prize suddenly change?

If anyone gets in contact with him, please let him know I have a bridge to sell. :)

[quote name='The Headhunter']It doesn't make sense because he went from trying to win a Kinect to then trying to win his money back on double or nothings? Did the game prize suddenly change?

If anyone gets in contact with him, please let him know I have a bridge to sell. :)[/QUOTE]

You're too late. He already spent his $2600 life savings :)lol::lol::lol:) on an awesome rastabanana. No doubt he'd be willing to trade that baby though, if you're in the market for one...

I am surprised nobody has made a GIF of the banana saying "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" yet.

Also, are we sure it is an actual Kinect and not a Konect or something?

[quote name='DNukem170']I am surprised nobody has made a GIF of the banana saying "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" yet.

Also, are we sure it is an actual Kinect and not a Konect or something?[/QUOTE]

It probably was Connect Four. :lol:

To play the Devil's advocate, most everyone knows carny games are rigged and whereas gambling is more about chance, this is perhaps theft. I think most of us can vouch for getting caught up when we were younger, piling quarters into arcade machines trying to beat the game and this is similar psychologically. More importantly, why would the operator allow this guy to drop that kind of cash on his rigged game?

I keep thinking about when the guy went back the next day, and they offered him $600 back, and his reply being "Fine, I'll take it, but I want that fucking banana, too"

[quote name='Jodou']More importantly, why would the operator allow this guy to drop that kind of cash on his rigged game?[/QUOTE]
Depending on how people are paid, the operators for the games get a piece of the pie sometimes. After being a carnie for a few years, you might get desensitized to that kind of thing and let the fool separate themselves from their money. I hope I never become that dead inside.:cry:

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

I highly doubt that was the first time he got suckered...

[quote name='Jodou']More importantly, why would the operator allow this guy to drop that kind of cash on his rigged game?[/QUOTE]

I may be an evil person, but I would find it hilarious to watch this idiot blow that much money on a game like this.

bread's done
Back