The Official CAG May 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about an hour last night, Amazon had $1 Blu-Rays.

I bought Zodiac, Cloverfield, Shutter Island, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for $5.13 shipped.

[quote name='JJSP']For about an hour last night, Amazon had $1 Blu-Rays.

I bought Zodiac, Cloverfield, Shutter Island, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for $5.13 shipped.[/QUOTE]

what?! I would LOVE Shutter Island and Zodiac for $1 each. Was Zodiac the two disc version that they just recently reprinted?

[quote name='Scorch']what?! I would LOVE Shutter Island and Zodiac for $1 each. Was Zodiac the two disc version that they just recently reprinted?[/QUOTE]

It was the reprint, they had over 30 movies to choose from. lol... I find it funny when deals like this happen it's always when I go to bed right after checking the deal sites.

I bought Zodiac, Cloverfield, Shutter Island, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for $5.13 shipped.[/QUOTE]

And you didn't post this in the Bluray deal section!?! For shame!

Stuff that came in the mail yesterday:

ZZLome3.jpg

moJHv6t.jpg

Next-to-last Upgrade & Save for me:

20130501_164300-1.jpg

Wish Airplane had the slipcover.

From Suncoast:

20130501_164345-1.jpg

Finally bit down and bought Baka & Test, getting Bodacious for $1. Unfortunately, the back info sticker FUNi slaps on their artboxes tore part of the cover off.

IMG_1245_zpse736e697.jpg

Saber figure from dv8's shoball. I know I know dusty, I just dusted the other day and didn't get around to it yesterday since I was playing Tomb Raider & Gears all day. Will dust today after work :)

IMG_1246_zps30d9fd43.jpg

Despicable, Silent Hill, Gangster Squad all from BB, Baka & Tests from Amazon, Django steel from Target, Heavy Rain from the GS deal (I had to switch out that fugly red case out immediately), and Zelda local for $5 :D

IMG_1247_zps673a4cfd.jpg

Mostly from Amazon. Needed another copy of Gears 3 ($6.73 from AWD) to boost Onyx medals easier. Children of Mana from a Lowball and Soul Hackers for $30 after using a $10 off PUR coupon.

IMG_1248_zps948a1dde.jpg

IMG_1249_zpsad081235.jpg

Stopped by gamestop yesterday while picking up lunch and pre-ordered Watch Dogs to get the poster which I did get, but my gamestop employees always hook me up and gave me one of these laser cells :D

im so happy seeing all the baka and test pick ups, one of my favorite series. I got aladdin from amazon.uk since its region free and its my favorite disney movie.
v86tpNW.jpg

Nothing major here (got it off Ebay for $4.50, technically free since I used my Ebay bucks), but I figured in light of the semi recent LucasArts news, I might as well pay homage to them by getting one of their greatest games ever.

8699179117_686e45fc47.jpg

Wait a tick...
Fixed
8700302450_4a834bb0fd.jpg

Dammit. I missed out. :lol:

I actually (unknowingly) had my best find today. After picking up a Ninja Gaiden 3 CE from Gamestop, and finding a used PS3 Oblivion 5th anniversary edition incorrectly priced for the regular edition 9.99, I decided to venture into Half Price Books. Usually Half Price books is spot on with their (ebay) pricing nowadays. But today I got lucky. Went to the clearance section and found Clay Fighter Sculptures Cut for 3 bucks. Now I knew this thing was rare/ valuable, but I had NO IDEA it was worth THIS MUCH. (the cheapest cart only is $179 on amazon!). lol when I picked it up I thought it was worth like 50 bucks. and I had no idea there was a even sculptures cut lol.

Technically bought these last month but got them in today. Was looking hard on ebay and found this really poorly listed auction, it contained all of the Game Boy games, Sonic 2, and the CIB Genesis Console. It all ended for only $30 because the seller didn't show or even say that the Genesis console was there. Worse yet he offered free shipping so it cost the guy almost all he won to ship it to me. I also won Yu-Gi-Oh Nightmare of Troubadour for the DS but he forgot it in the package, he messaged me and sent that out seperatly so I would say I didn't do too badly.

I also won Warsong for the Genesis for $21.50, been slowly knocking out the uncommon games for the system. The games are if it isn't clear, Pokemon Gold (Japanese), Space Invaders, TMNT II Back from the Sewers, Iridion II, and Pokemon Pinball.

2vu0nm0.jpg

18hen7.jpg

Had a literal pick-up today. Found two Costco Cash Cards lying on the ground today. One had $19 and the other had $68. Sweet.

DSC01298_zps3c89f847.jpg

most of these were ebay purchases, got initial d cause i really like the manga, got monster since the manga is oop. my first import is the Hells angels bluray, tiger and bunny was 21 like new, toriko was a steal 5 brand new, also gangster squad for 15

Todays haul consists of:

- one copy of Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon from GS that came in a generic case. Odd thing is there was a manual included. Otherwise no scratches and as pristine as can be.

- one copy of Battle Fantasia in a generic GS case. Disc is scuffed a bit but seems to work. Just got it since PS3 never got a physical copy.

- finally I decided to pick up a Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition just for the heck of it. Sure the game wasn't good but, I could do worse.

3C0100D6-2C1D-4B50-B603-507C04995B8A-7603-00000300D32EA16D.jpg

I guess that's what I get for being awake at 1AM, but that's not bad for $5.13 shipped. Thanks, Amazon!

Here are my recent pick ups

wii.gif
Pandora's Tower (Sealed) $40 (Gamestop)
wii.gif
Fortune Street (Sealed) $13 (Newegg)
wii.gif
Oregon Trail $20 (Gamestop "New")
wii.gif
Ju-On the Grudge $20 (-PUR @GS)
xbox.gif
Madden 09 $24 (ebay)
3ds.gif
Bust a Move Universe $3 (Kmart Clearance)
ds.gif
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix $2 (-PUR @GS)
ds.gif
Legend of Kage 2 $3 (-PUR @GS)
ds.gif
Suikoden Tierkeis $13 (-PUR @GS, Cart Only)
xbox360.gif
Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition $20 (Gamestop)
xbox360.gif
Splatterhouse $5 (Kmart Clearance)
xbox360.gif
Battle Fantastia $2.50 (-PUR @GS)
ps3.gif
Heavy Rain $10 (Gamestop "New")
ps3.gif
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record $5 (Kmart Clearance)
ps3.gif
Brutal Legend $2.50 (-PUR @GS)
ps3.gif
Start the Party! $1.50 (Target Clearance)

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Here are my recent pick ups
wii.gif
Oregon Trail $20 (Gamestop "New")
wii.gif
Ju-On the Grudge $20 (-PUR @GS)
[/QUOTE]
+1 for picking up the obscure but valuable Wii games, I always like finding those at GS (like Walk it Out).

[quote name='wiggyx']Garage sale. 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Ah, Luigi's Mansion, one of the few Gamecube games I really want, when I had so many years to get it before the sequel made it popular, great find!

From a thrift shop:

20130503_212228-1.jpg

I am supposing that the DVD sets are thinpaks?

20130503_212324-1.jpg

20130503_212414-1.jpg

Didn't expect Zombie to be DVD only. Used the B2G1 for $1, 20% off coupon, and 10% Backstage Pass to get all that for $77.

[quote name='DNukem170']I am supposing that the DVD sets are thinpaks?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they came in thinpaks with a slipcover, so you're missing that basically.

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, they came in thinpaks with a slipcover, so you're missing that basically.[/QUOTE]

Well, I bought it to resell it, so it's not too big a deal.

always forget to find the new thread at the start of the month. I'm always surprised when I don't see the pick ups thread at the top of my subs, but somehow I guess I don't put two and two together and just think everyone stopped buying stuff for the week:lol:

[quote name='Barney']
dsaci.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Why are there two copies of Walking dead? Lots of memories with that smackdown game. Although I never owned a PS2 myself, all my cousins had them and we also had marathon sessions of wrestling games when we got together.

Well another Sunday, means another trip to the Flea Market. Had another decent day today getting some stuff I've been wanting for a while.

First up is the NES Advantage Controller and the Dremel. The controller I found for $15, guy wouldn't budge initially but as I walked away he offered $10 and I've been wanting a joystick for my NES so I picked it up. Also found the Dremel, guy had it buried in a pile of stuff and he actually didn't realize he had it there. Said he was using it for some stuff and wasn't sure if he wanted to sell it but realized he hadn't used it in forever and said $20. Seemed on the cheap side for a Dremel and it worked so I bought it. It'll be helpful for some of my mods I am planning on getting into soon.
lyuZ2w4.jpg

Next up I found these NES games and the Genesis games. Spent a total of $22 on them all, a tad high but their games I've been wanting so I went through on em.
Games are:

Zanac, Alpha Mission and Star Force for the NES and Ranger X and Raiden Trad for the Genesis
rs9ogUA.jpg

Next up I dug around another guys stuff and found this copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I've known that it has shot up in price so I had to get it. Marked $20, offered $10 and they countered with $15. Took it at that price.
BkrN6fL.jpg

Finally, was visiting my grandfather earlier in the week and he has a ton of old tools. I've always been a sucker for old electronics and found this old school analog multimeter. He told me I could have it so I of course took it. I do already have a digital one but this one just blows it out of the water based on build quality alone.
GtDlySN.jpg

Not too bad of a week for me overall. Can't wait for next sunday when I get a chance to head back up to the Flea Market again. I also picked up a Game Gear for free this week but no pics of that as it's currently in pieces waiting to get recapped.

What I have gotten so far
imag0562wr.jpg

Picked up the games from a CAG lowball. Never played a Metal Gear game before so I'm looking forward to that. Picked up Spiderman from target clearance, didn't see the movie in theaters and the figures look pretty cool so I'm pretty happy with that buy.

20130506_154025-1.jpg

Disappointed to find the Hellboy II disc doesn't hold all the extras from the US release. Now I gotta try to stuff the extras disc in this thing as well as get the Hellboy Animated disc inside the first movie's steel.

I had ordered Transformers at the sane time and it shipped at the same time, but for some reason it didn't arrive...

Let's start off with free comic books. Sadly all the places I went to were out of the Walking Dead.

More books. I have been on a guide book kick these past few weeks. The first set were each $2 from a local shop. The second set I got all for $3 at the flea market.

And even more books.

Now I can at least read the story for Valkyria Chronicles 3. So sad we didn't get this game!

This is my second copy of Grind Stormer. Got it from the same local shop for $15. :D. If anyone wants to trade Genesis shmups I need a copy of MUSHA ;). Seriously, I would throw in some extra stuff.

My girlfriend and I have been looking for this game for quite some time. Happy to have gotten it for $5 at a garage sale.

And a pretty random but fun pickup from the thrift. Got all these Pokemon figures + some extra toys that aren't in the picture for $15.

Here's my latest items from the last couple days.

My teefury shirt 'Fellowship of the Fantasy' finally arrived today even though I ordered it last month. The PSP games are Star Ocean: Second Evolution and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. The Claudus I found at GS for $4.99. Oddly enough this was the only time I've seen him out in the wild so I just had to pick him up now that the series is canceled.

Got Zombieland from Target last week when it was on sale for $4.99. Always wanted a copy and don't really care to get on Blu for that one. Then I got Doom 3 BFG Edition & Attack the Block this past Saturday at BB.

Today I finally decided to get a poster frame for my Tron Legacy poster.

[quote name='kermit036']Let's start off with free comic books. Sadly all the places I went to were out of the Walking Dead.

More books. I have been on a guide book kick these past few weeks. The first set were each $2 from a local shop. The second set I got all for $3 at the flea market.

And even more books.

Now I can at least read the story for Valkyria Chronicles 3. So sad we didn't get this game!

This is my second copy of Grind Stormer. Got it from the same local shop for $15. :D. If anyone wants to trade Genesis shmups I need a copy of MUSHA ;). Seriously, I would throw in some extra stuff.

My girlfriend and I have been looking for this game for quite some time. Happy to have gotten it for $5 at a garage sale.

And a pretty random but fun pickup from the thrift. Got all these Pokemon figures + some extra toys that aren't in the picture for $15.
[/QUOTE]

Quite jealous of that grind stormer. It's on my genesis want list.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Quite jealous of that grind stormer. It's on my genesis want list.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, my copy has a shitty label and didn't work until I swapped the chips onto another board. Would love to find it in good condition.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']
A0554139-30AF-412E-AAE1-0DAF47A6D31A-1704-000000E790D52105.jpg

Just picked up from Wally World. The seeds I have to save for Wednesday night softball.[/QUOTE]

Didnt know those were out, Amazon has ser forJune. How much was Serenity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back