44% of Republicans Believe "Armed Revolution is Necessary"

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ummm... I didn't cite MSNBC. I don't think anyone here has. So, you are the only guilty one here, citing Breitbart. So, how do you answer to the charges of citing a fraud? GUILTY!

Citing a fraud who was right on the money in this story. ;) Settle down, Francis.

#62 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Citing a fraud who was right on the money in this story. ;) Settle down, Francis.

What you're talking about is an ERROR. Not some big malevolent conspiracy. That would be Breitbart and O'Keefe.

#63 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

What you're talking about is an ERROR. Not some big malevolent conspiracy. That would be Breitbart and O'Keefe.

So they took information and edited it to look like something else intentionally....hmmmm, sounds a lot like what Breitbart and O'Keefe did. I also see you cited www.splcenter.org in a different thread. You sure they never posted fraudulent info? You might want to look it up. Maybe this forum could be about sharing found information, and if another poster knows it to be false or misleading, they could educate the original poster. Friendly like. I like to know when I've been lied to. It's a growth experience. And if a convicted felon comes to tell me that my house is on fire, I'm going to investigate, NOT just assess that "Oh, your a convicted felon! No good info can ever be obtained from you again." In this case MSNBC got caught red handed. Toure even apologized(kudos for manning up, even if in a weak sort of way). Breitbart had the video clips so I cited them. On the other hand, no one should really care about their "rep" here. Look at how we talk to each other. Very civilized.:roll: And do you think some bombshell you post is going to change the mind of the other side? No, those who agree with you will chime in, but those who think differently will just question the source(but even after its proven!?!:roll:) The only difference I really see is that guys like knoell, bob, and myself will agree with the other side when a "stay classy Republicans" post is truly stupid. (inter vaginal probes from the small gov't????). The Liberals either tend to stay silent or find some off the wall defense when a truly stupid move by a Democrat is posted. You guys sure have solidarity.:roll:

#64 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

You've shown that it was an error, now prove intent.
Posted Image

#65 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

How would one "prove" intent in the MSNBC or ACORN case either one?

Also: the settlement in the ACORN case was A) out of court, B) not in relation to the CONTENT of the video.
http://articles.lati...-acorn-20130308

In reality, it's not much different than states trying to pass laws to keep undercover "reporters" from filimg on farms and such.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#66 Chase

Chase

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Or trying to limit free speech - always one of my favorites.

Both parties definitely seem to have an interest in limiting free speech. Not even worth my time finding articles because it's so prevalent amongst Democrats and Republicans (see: just about every politician it seems).

And drifting back towards the item at hand, I cheer for equality/gay marriage, think the Affordable Care Act is a good idea, support the legalization and subsequent taxation of marijuana, and blah blah blah.

However-

The survival of the second amendment is more about our ability to protect ourselves from a perpetually corrupt government/authority than the ability to hunt deer or shoot tin cans. (Thanks a lot, vocal rednecks.)

If the government wants to stop senseless killings, they should start by removing lethal weapons from cops. They should lead by example for once. Let's see what happens when cops are subject to dehumanizing treatment and the abuse of power.

#67 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

With all due respect , the ability to do that with guns is a pipe dream. The second amendment only provides one narrow range of (antiquated) tools with which to do so.

I simply don't buy that the way to keep authority in check is weapons. If that's the case, it ain't working

#68 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

You would wonder with all the weapons in america, that we would be the free-est country in the world..

Instead we have the highest incarceration rate in the world, injustice is rampant, and we get Patriot Act(S) ....

If those gun lovers really cherish freedom, they sure have a funny way of fighting for it....

You can own all the guns in the world, and the gov't can still kill you without even knocking at your door..

#69 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Both parties definitely seem to have an interest in limiting free speech. Not even worth my time finding articles because it's so prevalent amongst Democrats and Republicans

Their primaries are good examples.

#70 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

With all due respect , the ability to do that with guns is a pipe dream. The second amendment only provides one narrow range of (antiquated) tools with which to do so.

I simply don't buy that the way to keep authority in check is weapons. If that's the case, it ain't working

[IMG]http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Yw0ZtWUzRT5_zvUa0ga04g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thelookout/guncollector1-web.jpg[/IMG]

See that pic there? That's a guy with a shitload of guns. Enough to arm a small group of people. He isn't the only one, there are others out there with comparable collections. You know how well he and the rest of those people could defend themselves against the government? Well lets see, they have collections like the above, and the government has...

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LI2-Ah-9l4I/TYYip_5wqsI/AAAAAAAAA60/dhElEme5sEM/s1600/Tomahawk-Missile-308907.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.bestfighterjet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/F16fighterjetwallpaper1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/M1A1_abrams_front.jpg[/IMG]

just to name a few. The day when we could reasonably physically stand up to our government came and went a long time ago. Some people just refuse to accept it because it exposes their ideology as being completely ridiculous.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#71 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

"You can't do anything, therefore just roll over and die."
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#72 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

no let's be smart about and not waste our time wagging our weenies

#73 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Someone remind me how many people the Foot Hood shooter took down before the US Government pulled out all those awesome weapons? I mean, he was on a military base and everything.

#74 Chase

Chase

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Now, I'm no expert, but I think it's fair to assume that local law enforcement doesn't have tanks, missiles, and nukes at their disposal. Just a guess, tho. I mean, I could be wrong.

"You can't do anything, therefore just roll over and die."

Everyone is so quick to hand over their freedom if fighting for it breaks their daily routines.

"Well, I want some Burger King. I guess I can let the government monitor my calls, texts, and Internet use if it means I get my order a few minutes quicker."

'Murrca.

#75 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

Someone remind me how many people the Foot Hood shooter took down before the US Government pulled out all those awesome weapons? I mean, he was on a military base and everything.

remind me how the Ft. Hood shooter standing up to the tyranny of the federal gov't.

We're talking armed conflict vs. a crime spree. Get real with your "examples"

#76 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

Now, I'm no expert, but I think it's fair to assume that local law enforcement doesn't have tanks, missiles, and nukes at their disposal. Just a guess, tho. I mean, I could be wrong.

yeah cause firing an shit ton of rounds at local cops because they pull you over for a stop sign is really sticking it to "the man". Fight the power.

'Murrca indeed.

(as to your point. Larger cities have some pretty military style weapons.)

#77 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

remind me how the Ft. Hood shooter standing up to the tyranny of the federal gov't.

...so a terrorist/disgruntled employee is going to be able to storm a military base and do more damage than a terrorist/anti-government individual?

This conclusion is based off of, what, exactly?

Before you answer, remember, we're talking about the *ability* to "stand up" to the government. Not the reason behind doing so.

#78 Chase

Chase

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

yeah cause firing an shit ton of rounds at local cops because they pull you over for a stop sign is really sticking it to "the man". Fight the power.

'Murrca indeed.

(as to your point. Larger cities have some pretty military style weapons.)

Never said that nor did I suggest such a heinous act of violence. Just getting that out there. I encourage you to resist suggesting that your words and thoughts are my own. Thank ya kindly.

What I did detail is how I am sick of police abuse, corruption within our gee-golly-fantastic government, and the "slacktivism"/lack of enthusiasm about real issues shown by the majority of citizens in the U.S. Most people cannot even find it within themselves to vote. Disgusting, selfish people.

#79 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Who knew the guy we voted for turned out to be the same guy that had to leave...

People in farking Afghanistan live alot free-er then us

#80 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Never said that nor did I suggest such a heinous act of violence. Just getting that out there. I encourage you to resist suggesting that your words and thoughts are my own. Thank ya kindly.

What I did detail is how I am sick of police abuse, corruption within our gee-golly-fantastic government, and the "slacktivism"/lack of enthusiasm about real issues shown by the majority of citizens in the U.S. Most people cannot even find it within themselves to vote. Disgusting, selfish people.

Unless you're a crazy person, never assigned those words to anyone

Totally agree but my worry really isn't the gov't it's a distraction so the big corporate boys can get away with shit. ( and yes I realize they are currently enlisting the govts help)

#81 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

Who knew the guy we voted for turned out to be the same guy that had to leave...

People in farking Afghanistan live alot free-er then us

Thats the truth, This government is taking away our rights day by day

#82 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

It really is, little by little and day by day for the good of the people.

I am sorry but I would rather take my own chances and deal with the consequences than be told what is good for me and be forced to comply. Educate me sure, but do not treat me like I am incapable of making such decisions. Will there be some that go down the wrong path? Sure. This is why the government shouldn't have such a vested interest in consequences of the peoples decisions. Because it will only result in tyranny when you try to protect your citizens from themselves.

#83 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

I am sorry but I would rather take my own chances and deal with the consequences than be told what is good for me and be forced to comply.

Posted Image

#84 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

So now we've got from needing guns to protect against the tyranny of the federal government, to local cops. Keep moving the goal posts fellas.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#85 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Is that like taking away certain types of guns because of mass shootings where the guns aren't used, to taking them away because you don't really need them?

Also, herp-derp, Somalia.

#86 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

So now we've got from needing guns to protect against the tyranny of the federal government, to local cops. Keep moving the goal posts fellas.

"Is that like taking away certain types of guns because of mass shootings where the guns aren't used, to taking them away because you don't really need them?

Also, herp-derp, Somalia. Today 07:16 PM"

Good point, Bob. I would also add that any form of gov't, federal, state, local, etc., could become tyrannical under the right circumstances. In today's world, weapons equal power most of the time. I don't want all the power in only one group's hands, especially if they make the rules and are corruptible. I don't understand how the left feels that people are not to be trusted with guns, but that the gov't, which is made up of people, is perfectly trustworthy.:roll:

#87 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

And we're right back to where we started which is to say, the government already has all the power. You think handguns, shotguns, hell even assault rifles would do absolutely anything if the government ended up going the way of tyranny? The government has access to tanks, fighter jets, bunker busting bombs, so on and so forth. Believe me, if the government went the way of tyranny, guns or no guns in the hands of citizens, the government would win.

#88 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

"Is that like taking away certain types of guns because of mass shootings where the guns aren't used, to taking them away because you don't really need them?

Also, herp-derp, Somalia. Today 07:16 PM"

Good point, Bob. I would also add that any form of gov't, federal, state, local, etc., could become tyrannical under the right circumstances. In today's world, weapons equal power most of the time. I don't want all the power in only one group's hands, especially if they make the rules and are corruptible. I don't understand how the left feels that people are not to be trusted with guns, but that the gov't, which is made up of people, is perfectly trustworthy.:roll:

Citation needed.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#89 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

Funny... didn't we have all those cool weapons for the past fifteen years?

What kind of weapons did Al Qaeda have when fighting off our government? Hell, it took us ten years to take out a single, solitary individual - what kind of weapons did he have that entire time?

#90 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

And we're right back to where we started which is to say, the government already has all the power. You think handguns, shotguns, hell even assault rifles would do absolutely anything if the government ended up going the way of tyranny? The government has access to tanks, fighter jets, bunker busting bombs, so on and so forth. Believe me, if the government went the way of tyranny, guns or no guns in the hands of citizens, the government would win.

Nevermind, I figured it out

Posted Image