Call Of Duty: Ghosts

dennisb407

Banned
Confirming rumors, Activision has revealed the next game in its billion-dollar shooter franchise, titled Call of Duty: Ghosts. The military-based FPS will arrive on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on November 5, and on "next-generation platforms" on an unspecified date. No Wii U version was announced.

A press release reveals the next-gen version of Ghosts will sport an all-new engine "from the developer that started it all, Infinity Ward." The series has been using the same engine, with numerous annual modifications, since 2005.

Saying it would have been "safe" for Infinity Ward to develop a fourth entry in the Modern Warfare series, Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward, noted his team saw the next generation of consoles as the "perfect opportunity" to start a new chapter for the franchise. "So we're building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players," he added.

Activision will debut the next-gen version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – and revealing its new engine to the world – during Microsoft's upcoming Xbox 'Next Generation' event on May 21.

Ghosts features an "all-new gameplay experience built on an entirely new story, setting and cast of characters," the press release further detailed.

An onslaught of additional info and explosion-filled marketing is expected closer to E3 2013.

[youtube]DVUMiYTWTb0[/youtube]

I buy it every year. I'll probably keep doing so. I just hope the next gen isn't different from the current gen, 'cause I'm not sure if I'm getting next gen right away.

[quote name='dotCody']Infinity Ward

No thanks![/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see how the developer will do after being creatively gutted.

[quote name='dotCody']Infinity Ward

No thanks![/QUOTE]

I prefer Treyarch but am willing to give Infinity Ward another chance given what the company probably went through during the development of Modern Warfare 3.

And I hate to admit this, but if "Ghosts" looks solid, it'll be enough to get me to buy the next Xbox near launch. I mean, that's all I do with my 360. It's basically become my Call of Duty machine. (Because that's all I really have time for anymore.)

And I hate to admit this, but if "Ghosts" looks solid, it'll be enough to get me to buy the next Xbox near launch. I mean, that's all I do with my 360. It's basically become my Call of Duty machine. (Because that's all I really have time for anymore.)

Yeah I hear you on that. I think it's the one thing people often miss about why COD is so popular -- you can jump in, play for 10 minutes, and cut out. It doesn't require a major time commitment.

I have preferred Treyarch's last few efforts over the fragments of IW that are left, but it'll be interesting to see where they go with Ghosts.

[quote name='Keeda']Does anyone know how to get the ghost camo free? I've been searching the web but all seems patched[/QUOTE]

What Ziv said. You get the camo for preordering ghosts

I know GS has it set up. Not sure if BBY and AMZ are

I'm really hesitant about IW after MW3. At release MW3 was horrible. But to IW's credit they continued to improve it over time and near its EOL it was much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']I wonder if you will be able to play CoD:G 360 version vs. 720 version?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it as it would probably give to big of an advantage to one or the other. Also I assume their are technical limitations (how data is processed and sent etc), especially if they still use hosting instead of servers.

I watched a couple trailers. Its still wide open in my mind as I (along with most) could care less about the single player aspect.

The multiplayer was very short. Basically they said they were trying new things and that was it.

Can't tell much from the trailer but I do think the dog looks seriously cool...it was also the highlight of the Xbox reveal. Which pretty much says everything ;)

Press X to Bark™

My favorite line.

Did anyone else notice @2:40-50ish he says when Jimmy barks that "If we had kinect that would work". I'm surprised the shit storm hasnt started about that yet... since he either meant that it wasnt hooked up, in which case shoudnt the X1 stop working, or he meant it was simply disabled. 

Pretty sure you know which direction people are going to take that saying ;P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2uMyBgABg

After seeing Battlefield 4 at E3, this no longer holds a candle to BF 4. I may get this one day if the story is ok but I could care less about the multiplayer 

Debating on both to be honest :/

There's just something about CoD's multiplayer. Maybe it's far worse on Consoles, but on PC's it's actually extremely fun. 

Battlefield 3 just never lived up to it's MP billing, and those of us on PC had to deal with Origin, which really screwed things up. 

How are the two shooters on Console? As bad as people make them out to be (10 year old kids screaming obscenities? )

There's just something about CoD's multiplayer. Maybe it's far worse on Consoles, but on PC's it's actually extremely fun.

Battlefield 3 just never lived up to it's MP billing, and those of us on PC had to deal with Origin, which really screwed things up.

How are the two shooters on Console? As bad as people make them out to be (10 year old kids screaming obscenities? )
COD MP is still lots of fun. And I run into far less people of any age screaming on Live...I think most of them are in party chat now so in a lot of games, I never hear anyone.

the thing is that bf3 has a giant learn curve and i still at times don't do great at the game. Cod is not that hard to learn and it's one of those games i play to just have fun with a group of friends. i never played cod on pc ashane is it full of hackers or not really been thinking of getting bo2 for pc.

cod on xbox is fun and if kid screams takes two secs t omute them. bf3 on systems stink hard game looks like garbage and only allows half of players as on pc.

It's actually pretty good on PC Timbo. There is a pretty large skill gap between players, but I'd assume the same is true for console's as well?

There are usually 5-10,000 players playing the various game modes on a nightly basis, so it's pretty active as well.

Guess I'll give CoD a shot on consoles this time around. What I wish is they had a game similar to CoD's multiplayer, but with a little larger maps and limited vehicles like Battlefield. I find BF's map's too large on PC as a infantry (minus Metro of course), and CoD's map's too small. Ugh :p

The Squad Mode looks interesting, might try to breathe a breath of fresh air into a frachise that's getting a lil stale

http://youtu.be/Rb8JMJVB0y0

Activision has listed the official required PC specifications for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Via a listing of the game on the official Activision Store, which offers a digital download of the title launching this November 5, we’re able to learn exactly what specs your rig will need in order to run Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Ghosts this fall.

Check out the full listing below:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • HDD: 50GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 550 Ti / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
  • Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
  • DirectX: 11
  • Internet: *Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

COD:G unlocks for playing MW2,BLOPS2

What better way to start Call of Duty Season than with drum magazine full of Double XP. Another bout of the good stuff is incoming next week for not only those enjoying Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, but also last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Announced via an in-game Black Ops 2 message, Infinity Ward is celebrate the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Ghosts this November 5 by giving both Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 players a whole week of double XP. It starts this Friday, October 25 at 10am PDT and goes through to next Friday, November 1 at 10am PDT. This may be your last chance to earn double the amount of XP in both games, so be sure to get some time in while you can.

If you do miss out, however, you will still have some goodies awaiting when you get your hands on Ghosts later next month.

The message also indicates that anyone who has played either BO2 or MW3 will receive a total of six new unlocks for Ghosts, ranging from playercards to backgrounds, when they pop the game in for the first time

In an unsurprising turn of events, details surrounding Infinity Ward’s upcoming Call of Duty title, Ghosts, have leaked via physical and in-game images of an early release copy of the game.

Instagram user mute0909 has posted images of his attained copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts revealing the game’s multiplayer maps list, game mode lists, and that the Xbox 360 version of the game will ship on two discs.

As was the case with games like Halo 4 and Grand Theft Auto 5, Call of Duty: Ghosts will most likely require Xbox 360 users to install data to the console’s hard drive in order to avoid disc swapping. The actual amount, however, was not specified in any of the images. For the most part, this means good things as it indicates that the game will include more content – like higher resolution textures, for example - than previous Call of Duty titles.

If you care to note the game’s multiplayer maps and game modes, check out lists below:

Multiplayer Maps
  • Chasm
  • Flooded
  • Free Fall (Bonus Map)
  • Freight
  • Octane
  • Overload
  • Prison Break
  • Seige
  • Sovereign
  • Stonehaven
  • Strikezone
  • Stormfront
  • Tremor
  • Warhawk
  • Whiteout
Multiplayer Game Modes
  • Blitz – Make it to the portal on the enemy’s spawn point.
  • Cranked – Kill enemies before the timer ends. Each kill restarts the timer.
  • Domination – Capture and hold the flags. Every two seconds a flag is held, the team gets a point. First team to 200 points wins.
  • Free-for-All – Every man for himself. First player to 30 kills is the winner.
  • Grind – Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
  • Hunted – Available in both team and free-for-all. Resources are limited. Fight for control of weapon drops to gain superiority.
  • Infected – Eliminated players become Infected. Last player to survive when the timer ends wins.
  • Kill Confirmed – Recover dog tags to gain points for your team. First team to 100 points wins.
  • Search and Destroy – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Every player has
  • Search and Rescue – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
  • Team Deathmatch – Kill players on the enemy team. First team to reach score limit wins

Weapons leaked

Assault Rifles

BXniHLkCQAEWVRB.jpg

Light Machine Guns

BXnkVSsCUAIg2QF.jpg

Sub Machine Guns

BXniM2VCUAAkSUo.jpg

Shotguns

BXnkg4WCIAAvtYc.jpg

Sniper Rifles

BXnkaM5CUAASTek.jpg

No CTF *sigh*
Yeah that's weird that they aren't including CTF. Then again I can see why, it wasn't really a popular mode with most people. I enjoyed it a lot, but I could barely find any good lobbies to play in. I suppose it's understandable.

It's still possible we'll get CTF though.

Blitz sounds like an interesting mode, hopefully it will be fun. The guns look pretty good as well.

Still debating on which system to get the game though, Xbox has always had the better net code overall.

Blitz sounds like an interesting mode, hopefully it will be fun.
I'm also looking forward to it as it reminds me of AC MP's Artifact Assault only with more guns, no backtracking and more random explosions. Search & Rescue along with Cranked also look equally promising.

Sucks for Ground War enthusiasts, but I won't shed a single tear as that mode was always a lag and booster fest for me.

Launch trailer for extinction. I am actually kind of excited for this.
Looks decent enough. If it's any sort of improvement over Black Ops 2 Zombies I'll give it a chance.

bread's done
Back