A&E series "The Bates Motel"

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I am surprised with how much I am enjoying this series. I never watched Psycho so all this material is new to me, but I guess it wouldn't mater since its a reimagining.

Anyone else watching?

I hate to be nitpicky, but it's titled Bates Motel, no the.

I am watching it and enjoying it quite a bit as well. My only gripe is that having other people in the town that are kinda crazy too kind of takes away from Norma and Norman being the crazy ones. They're not psycho hotel owners, they sort of fit in with a lot of other shady shit going on. Besides that, it's pretty interesting.

Great show! Been watching it since the first episode and I'm completely hooked. I'm sorta familiar with the original movie, so I have an idea where things are headed, but I absolutely love how the characters play their parts and I'm really enjoying their storylines.

[quote name='tcrash247']I hate to be nitpicky, but it's titled Bates Motel, no the.

I am watching it and enjoying it quite a bit as well. My only gripe is that having other people in the town that are kinda crazy too kind of takes away from Norma and Norman being the crazy ones. They're not psycho hotel owners, they sort of fit in with a lot of other shady shit going on. Besides that, it's pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]

Lol funny you brought that up because I was having a internal battle if it was Bates Motel or The Bates Motel while creating the topic.

This pass episode I was surprised to see Wynn Duffy from FX series "Justified", he looks to fit right in and he has the craziest eyebrows lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Superstar']Is this show on Hulu Plus? I'd love to watch it.[/QUOTE]

Dunno if its on Hulu but you can watch it on A&E website

[quote name='Poor2More']Dunno if its on Hulu but you can watch it on A&E website[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks!

I am enjoying the show so far. Characters are often predictable, but I find the story much more surprising. I will continue to watch and see where it goes for now.

[quote name='Poor2More']Dunno if its on Hulu but you can watch it on A&E website[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much man. They don't have episodes 1-3 anymore but I can at least check out the show to see if they're worth maybe buying on Amazon. Really interested in this show but I don't have cable. Psycho is one of my favorite movies of all time.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Thanks so much man. They don't have episodes 1-3 anymore but I can at least check out the show to see if they're worth maybe buying on Amazon. Really interested in this show but I don't have cable. Psycho is one of my favorite movies of all time.[/QUOTE]

No problem, don't worry about missing episodes 1-3 since their mostly introducing backstory for characters (which will be familiar since your a Psycho fan) but the show breaks down key events pretty well at the beginning of episodes with "Previously on Bates Motel"

Episode 4 was locked to cable subscribers so I started with Episode 5 after watching the actually very helpful summaries of 1-4 they have posted. I liked it quite a bit and didn't feel lost at all because the summaries were good. Definitely going to watch more episodes.

I'm caught up in episodes....what an awesome show. I chuckle every time he says "Mother!!" :lol:

Are you guys a bradley or emma fan? :booty:

Definitely an Emma fan but she's either going to die from CF or be killed by Norman (probably accidentally or in a blind fit of rage). :( Bradley will probably just be killed by Norman. She's a typical high school slut, but this show is so well done that you don't hate her. There's a promo pic on the official site of Dylan hugging Bradley next episode... wonder if that means anything or if they're just trolling us. If they become romantically involved, Norman will kill them both. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Definitely an Emma fan but she's either going to die from CF or be killed by Norman (probably accidentally or in a blind fit of rage). :( Bradley will probably just be killed by Norman. She's a typical high school slut, but this show is so well done that you don't hate her. There's a promo pic on the official site of Dylan hugging Bradley next episode... wonder if that means anything or if they're just trolling us. If they become romantically involved, Norman will kill them both. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I am also a emma fan but I like bradley as well. I wonder whose death will send him over the edge? :bomb:

Dylan was eyeing bradley very suspiciously when they met. What's that about!

Kind of not sold on this season yet.  Bradley's behavior is way too inconsistent with last season's behavior.  It's like they used the year gap in the seasons to try to make people forget that she wasn't batshit.

I won't watch this cause I'm a big chicken

But.........

Every time I see the commercial for it, I can't help but think it looks like that kardashian sisters husbandd

boyfriend :whee:

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't watch this cause I'm a big chicken

But.........

Every time I see the commercial for it, I can't help but think it looks like that kardashian sisters husband :whee:
Lamar Odom? There's no black people on this show. Scott Disick isn't married to Kourtney.

On topic this season is a lot worse IMO. They're really pulling shit out of their ass, and no one cares about the drug business in town. Stahp.

bread's done
Back