Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy 2-Day Deals Sale (5/3/13 - 5/4/13) Doom 3 BFG Edition (X360, PS3, PC) $9.99

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#91 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

Do you have to order it from the website or can you go to the store and pick it up at that price?

Im looking at Doom 3 specifically...

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#92 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Don't forget to tell Amazon about these prices using their feedback system. By doing so, it will be more likely that they will match.

Here's how you tell Amazon:

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In the 'product details' section you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.'

:)

Thanks, didn't know about that. Did it! :)

#93 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Ordered Wonderbook, just couldn't resist at that price. Will probably keep it sealed though! Already got my pickup confirmation. Thought about Doom 3 for the PS3 (already have it on 360) but figured I'd save my money, plus not many stores seem to have it left..damn good price for that!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#94 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

$10 Doom 3? Yes please. Kind of baffling that my paid GCU coupon for $20 Doom 3 went unused yet the general public gets the substantially better deal not even a month later, just like Prototype 2. Either way, I'll take it.

#95 petedogman

petedogman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Thanks OP, got the last Doom BFG 360 version in my area!

#96 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Kind of glad I was late to the party and Doom 3 was sold out. I sorta wanted it, but didn't really want it. If it was in stock I would have been sorely tempted.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#97 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Damn, I saw the game available in the area last night, went to sleep thinking, I'll just order it when I get to work. Out of stock. Go figure.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#98 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Don't forget to tell Amazon about these prices using their feedback system. By doing so, it will be more likely that they will match.

Here's how you tell Amazon:

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In the 'product details' section you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.'

There's little chance Amazon will match an OOS item like Doom 3 BFG.

#99 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

There's little chance Amazon will match an OOS item like Doom 3 BFG.

Quite true, but when it takes someone only 15-30 seconds to send Amazon the price, why not try and hope?

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#100 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Damn, no where locally has Doom 3. That was my pricepoint for it. Oh well, I am certain it will be had for that price again somewhere. Gamefly has come close to it.

GS Feedback Sheet/Thread

https://docs.google....NWc&usp=sharing

MattNY.png

#101 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Already have Doom 1 and 2 on XBLA so ordered a ps3 copy for in store pickup. I assume Doom 3 gets better after you get a gun and don't need a flashlight anymore?

#102 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

ordered a copy of Doom 3 and SSX on 360 for store pickup...thanks op

#103 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Damn, no where locally has Doom 3. That was my pricepoint for it. Oh well, I am certain it will be had for that price again somewhere. Gamefly has come close to it.

This may be true, but you will not get the game from gamefly new and you run the risk of getting cosmettically flawed discs. Hopefully someone else other than gamefly will hit that price point. I'm going somewhat out of my way to pick up this game in-store as well as there were only a few stores left in the boston area with the game in stock.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#104 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Already have Doom 1 and 2 on XBLA so ordered a ps3 copy for in store pickup. I assume Doom 3 gets better after you get a gun and don't need a flashlight anymore?

You get a pistol literally 5 minutes in...

And with this version you can use the flashlight and a gun.

#105 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Thanks htz for the heads up. Picked up Doom 3 BFG edition.

#106 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Are there many differences between this Doom release and the old Doom 3?

#107 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Good lord, Doom pretty much sold out by the time some of us get up and get to work. Only one store in my extended area had a copy. Normally it's way too far to consider, but I'll be at my sister's house in that area tomorrow. Bought one for in store pickup, hope my luck holds.

#108 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

picked up Doom

joaryche.png

#109 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

You get a pistol literally 5 minutes in...

And with this version you can use the flashlight and a gun.

I ment a bfg.

#110 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

yeah no best buy near me has it. im thinking of price matching at target and amazon. amazon first because i can do it from home... though i think they only price match TV, maybe itll work..

if it fails.. target has plenty available lol

#111 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Would like to get Resistance 3 since I own 1 & 2 but does Resistance 3 have an ending to the whole series or it doesn't? I heard it leaves you open for another game and the series is already canned.

#112 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

WOW i never knew that you can inform amazon of a lower price (which is different from price matching).

just learned about it today. on every game page theres a button that says "Tell us about a lower price", and you can submit online and offline prices. Just in case some people don't know (though I'm sure most of you do =X)

edit: goddamnit! the target near me doesnt have one in stock! I guess the ball is in your court now amazon!

edit #2: everyone go here and submit the lower price! http://www.amazon.co...keywords=doom 3

#113 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Managed to order a Doom 3 for in-store pickup. Hopefully they have it; that store has never let me down for in-store pickups.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#114 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Would like to get Resistance 3 since I own 1 & 2 but does Resistance 3 have an ending to the whole series or it doesn't? I heard it leaves you open for another game and the series is already canned.

It doesn't have a conclusive ending, but it also doesn't have a cliffhanger or anything. I am fine with the series ending at that game. The campaign was very enjoyable, too. A lot better then Resistance 2, imo.

#115 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Doom 3 sold out in every stores nearby.

#116 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

Doom 3 sold out in every stores nearby.

you can submit the price to amazon by informing them of the link

http://www.amazon.co...keywords=doom 3

click on "tell us about a lower price"

gogogogogoogogogog! >=[

#117 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Why would Amazon price match something thats been sold out for hours?

#118 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Was able to order Doom last night and it already shipped! Quickest order yet from Best Buy

#119 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Why would Amazon price match something thats been sold out for hours?

Well it doesn't say that it's sold out. You can still add it to the cart, but you can only order for pick up. Wouldn't it say "sold out" in a red box if it is truly unavailable? (I'm asking you because I really don't know lol)

Plus, it doesn't hurt to try. It only takes 10 seconds. You're not chatting with customer service, all you're doing is just clicking on that link on the Doom 3 game page, and paste Best Buy's page and submit. I was thinking that maybe, if they get enough submissions, they'll eventually lower the price as well.

#120 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

How many submits for amazon to price match an item?