http://appshopper.co...death-ray-manta

#32 extzed

extzed

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Tagged

#33 lilman

lilman

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Zen's in-app Marvel tables are on sale for $.99 to celebrate Iron Man 3 release.

#34 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Zen's in-app Marvel tables are on sale for $.99 to celebrate Iron Man 3 release.

Does anyone know which of those tables might be the best ones? I can't believe they haven't ported the Spider-Man table to iOS, I think that there is one for other platforms. Seems crazy.

Infect Them All Zombies iphone and ipad versions are free. I have the vampire version and it's a pretty cool game.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 04 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#35 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hey, I sure could use a recommendation for an app that is essentially Microsoft Word. Am I dreaming? I sure hope such a thing exists. I've found basic typing apps galore, but at need one with all the formatting options for MLA and APA styled papers.

#36 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Documents to Go or QuickOffice are your best bets.

#37 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Documents to Go or QuickOffice are your best bets.

Yeah, I have QuickOffice. It seems, based on my limited research on the topic, that there are few pure options for a Microsoft Word-like clone.

I'm fairly used to typing the beginning of papers on my iPad, as I get warmed up on the topic. Eventually, however, I have to move to my home computer for even the simplest of things, such as double-spacing. Editing margins, footnotes, headers - I can't even begin to hope, it seems, in an iOS app that utilizes these functions.

Ah well. The future remains.

#38 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Admittedly, I haven't used QuickOffice, though I own it (it was on sale for .99). What does it not do that Word does? My main app for that is Docs to Go, and it's pretty darn close to the Word/Office experience.

#39 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Does anyone know which of those tables might be the best ones? I can't believe they haven't ported the Spider-Man table to iOS, I think that there is one for other platforms. Seems crazy.

Same question, anyone want to chime in on their favorite ones? Wasn't sure if Infinity Gauntlet is worth playing.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#40 lilman

lilman

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

(note: my opinions are based on playing on iPhone 5. experience may differ on iPad)
I like Captain America, Wolverine, and X-Men best. SW Episode V seems good too. Iron Man has a cool layout but the table art makes it a bit hard to follow. It's Iron Man though... if you have the money, get it.

SW Clone Wars is too busy to see what's going on. Avengers is nothing but loops and a definite pass. Boba Fett seems to have a bug where a check mark appears on screen at all times. I'm also not much of a SW fan so I wasn't impressed by the theme. I would say only get if you're a fan.

Still debating getting Fantastic Four and Tesla, any opinions?

#41 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

I was wondering what the hell was going on with that check mark on Boba Fett.

Fear Itself looks like a cool table, just going by the youtube trailer. None of the others appeal to me that much (from trailers) but I don't really know what makes a good pinball table.

#42 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

The check mark on the Boba Fett table is a special button that lets you fire missiles which can work as a ball save, sort of. It may have other uses, I'm not really sure as I've mostly been playing Clone Wars and Episode V.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#43 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Seems like 99% of the time when I hit that check mark it does nothing but flip my right flipper.

#44 ltrain23

ltrain23

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

(note: my opinions are based on playing on iPhone 5. experience may differ on iPad)
I like Captain America, Wolverine, and X-Men best. SW Episode V seems good too. Iron Man has a cool layout but the table art makes it a bit hard to follow. It's Iron Man though... if you have the money, get it.

SW Clone Wars is too busy to see what's going on. Avengers is nothing but loops and a definite pass. Boba Fett seems to have a bug where a check mark appears on screen at all times. I'm also not much of a SW fan so I wasn't impressed by the theme. I would say only get if you're a fan.

Still debating getting Fantastic Four and Tesla, any opinions?

I've only played the Boba Fett table once, and I lost two balls trying to figure out what the check mark did, since it was used as a selection button on the EpV table.

Other than that, I agree with you completely. Wolverine eats up a good chunk of my time, I like Captain America, and based on your statements, I'll be getting X-Men tonight.
Iron Man and Clone Wars have too much going on, and I'm glad I didn't drop money on Avengers.
I find Epic Quest to be difficult and frustrating, but the experience concept keeps me playing it.
Tesla, Paranormal, Excalibur, and Epic Quest are always $.99, correct? If you need to get another table, stick to the Marvel and Star Wars tables for the next couple days.

#45 Wiendog

Wiendog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

KAMI RETRO = free from my wish list.
http://appshopper.com/games/kami-retro

Back up to $0.99

#46 kaply

kaply

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Stone of Life freemium game from oddy just got released. Their freemium model isn't really a pay to win model.

#47 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Seems like 99% of the time when I hit that check mark it does nothing but flip my right flipper.

I think you need to earn missiles, perhaps by starting bounty missions. Like I said, I haven't spent too much time on it. There's probably something about the missiles in the table guide: http://blog.zenstudi...om/?page_id=637

EDIT:

Think of this mechanic as a cheat function since if you press the ‘Launch’ Button while within let’s say a
Bounty Mission (Easy Bounties 10 – 50 Million), a Missile islaunched from Boba Fett’s back and it will
remove one of the flashing Lanes that you were required to hit.
The Missiles tend to be only really useful/available in the 1
stBounty Missions (Empire (Imperial) or Hutt’s);
I tend to always select the hardest Bounty which is the +5Respect Bounty Mission, then if I’m running low
on time and can’t hit a specific flashing Lane I will use the Missiles.
*Tip - Only use them when you have the Ball trapped in a resting position on the Flipper, this is because
launching a Missile when the Ball is flying around the Table is an easy way to drain the Ball.*
You start off with only 1 Missile available in the Game, but you can do various things to gain more of them
by following either of these below methods –
• The Sharpshooter Mini – Game (explained at the start of the Guide under ‘Skill Shot –
Sharpshooter’ section) that precedes gaining a Skill Shot award.
• Wild Space Bonus(more info can be found later in the Guide under ‘Wild Space Bonus’ Section)-
Keep hitting the Orbit; Left Orbit (2) & Right Orbit (8). After completing 4 Orbit shots look at the
Dot - Matrix and it will display 2 different Wild Space Bonuses. The TopBonus is collected by
hitting the Left Orbit (2) & the Bottom Bonus is collected by hitting the Right Orbit (8). You can get
up to +5 Missiles as a Bonus.
• Missile Hurry Up Mode – If you keep hitting the 2 Missile Ramps; Left Missile Ramp (3) & Right
Missile Ramp (7). Eventually you will see a ‘Missile’ Notification Light activate below the Ramps, it
takes about 4 hits up the Missile Ramps to light up the Missile for that Ramp, when both ‘Missile’
Notification lights are lit the Hurry Up Mode will begin.
Once the Hurry Up Mode starts all you have to do is hit the 2 Missile Ramps; Left Missile Ramp (3)
& Right Missile Ramp (7). Once you have hit them enough times the Hurry Up Mode will be
completed – awarding you with +2 Missiles & 5 Million PointsCompletion Bonus.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#48 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I've only played the Boba Fett table once, and I lost two balls trying to figure out what the check mark did, since it was used as a selection button on the EpV table.

Other than that, I agree with you completely. Wolverine eats up a good chunk of my time, I like Captain America, and based on your statements, I'll be getting X-Men tonight.
Iron Man and Clone Wars have too much going on, and I'm glad I didn't drop money on Avengers.
I find Epic Quest to be difficult and frustrating, but the experience concept keeps me playing it.
Tesla, Paranormal, Excalibur, and Epic Quest are always $.99, correct? If you need to get another table, stick to the Marvel and Star Wars tables for the next couple days.

Thanks for the info, picking them up after this. Has anyone tried out Infinity Gauntlet or Fear Itself tables?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#49 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

I bought the Empire Strikes Back table, it's pretty cool. I don't see why that checkmark should appear on Boba Fett before you earn the missile capability. If you hit the button without missiles it tells you in the little LED screen that you don't have em. How about not appearing on-screen til you can actually use it, that would make more sense.

There are a couple of guys providing impressions/reviews on some of the tables over here: http://forums.toucha...=114776&page=62

#50 ltrain23

ltrain23

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thanks for the info, picking them up after this. Has anyone tried out Infinity Gauntlet or Fear Itself tables?

I will be picking up the Infinity Gauntlet table, and didn't even consider the Fear Itself table until I was flipping through the Zen forums and found some discussion on it. Now I'm intrigued. I figure, best get it now while it's a buck.

#51 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Danger...lots of talk about pinball lately. Didn't know there were that many pinball fans here...or anywhere.

#52 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

I will be picking up the Infinity Gauntlet table, and didn't even consider the Fear Itself table until I was flipping through the Zen forums and found some discussion on it. Now I'm intrigued. I figure, best get it now while it's a buck.

I came to that same conclusion just get it now, its only .99.

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#53 lilman

lilman

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Danger...lots of talk about pinball lately. Didn't know there were that many pinball fans here...or anywhere.

The big sale doesn't hurt. I was never into pinball before but past few days have found it to be great for portable gaming.

#54 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Figured for a couple bucks, I'd get in on this pinball thing. Always enjoyed the game.

What tables have everyone unanimously agreed are the best?
Posted Image

#55 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Figured for a couple bucks, I'd get in on this pinball thing. Always enjoyed the game.

What tables have everyone unanimously agreed are the best?

I went with:
Star Wars Episode V
Star Wars Clone Wars
Boba Fett
Fear Itself
Infinity Gauntlet
X-Men
Wolverine

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#56 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

I passed on Clone Wars cause I'm not familiar with that franchise, but I guess I shouldn't let that stop me if it's a good table. I think I'm gonna pass on all the Marvel ones, they don't look that interesting.

Arkham City Lockdown is 5.99 > .99, looks like it was 99 for a month in Dec-January. They added iPad Retina resolution in April.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 06 May 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#57 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

All this talk about pinball is awesome. But is there a thread to exchange gamecenter info? Be a lot more fun to compare scores with some cags.

#58 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Bastion went down from $4.99 to 99¢. I was waiting for this one to hit this price.

Bastion: https://itunes.apple...d537773100?mt=8

Edit: Bastion works only on devices with an A5 or higher (iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5G). Glad I sprung for the iPod Touch 5G instead of the 4G.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#59 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

All this talk about pinball is awesome. But is there a thread to exchange gamecenter info? Be a lot more fun to compare scores with some cags.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=272367

#60 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

Harsh.
No iphone4 support for Bastion ?