Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1809 replies to this topic

#721 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I can't speak for Terraria on the iPad but I can tell you that it has a TON of hours on my Steam.  I like it.  But once you beat the baddies, the magic is gone.  And some of them are harassing.

I'm looking at Junk Jack X.  Didn't care for the earliest incarnation of Junk Jack but they fixed a bunch since then.

#722 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Cut the Rope HD is free for the first time.
http://appshopper.co...cut-the-rope-hd

Downloaded. Thanks.

#723 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Terraria is mine craft meets metroidvania. There are lots of enemy types and weapons.

#724 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Thoughts on either of these? I couldn't get in to Minecraft because the Survival Mode wasn't quite "survivalist" enough. I heard that Terraria is more about fighting enemies and such, how much so? 

I felt the same, and LOVE Terraria. I'd bet you will too.

And also bought Junk Jack X, loved the first and this one sounds like it's added a ton of stuff.

#725 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Cut the Rope HD is free for the first time.
http://appshopper.co...cut-the-rope-hd

Been waiting for this one to freebie up

Posted Image
Posted Image

#726 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Bloodmasque has dropped to $2.99 and An Alien with a Magnet is free.

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist…"

#727 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Terraria for iPad or for Vita? That is the question. I'm thinking the Vita stands a better chance of having good controls, but I hope there's a demo.

Crunchewy.png

#728 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Get Terraria on Vita and Junk Jack X on iPad, problem solved!  I've been playing JJX on my iPad and it's great!! Soooo addicting...I've read Terraria has some wonky touch controls on iOS, but JJX controls perfectly! I'm really impressed with how well they did with it.

#729 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

I've never played mine craft, junk jack or terraria but terraria looks interesting. I only have an iPhone 5 not iPad or Vita. What game should I get!?
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#730 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ravensword: Shadowlands is $2 off ($4.99). I've been waiting for a price drop on this one. 

#731 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Terraria on Steam was a huge disappointment for me. Played an hour; most of that time was spent digging tunnels. Never wanted to go bam. And I was excited for it.

It's very low action. More action than Minecraft I think, but nothing like an actual action/adventure game. Calling it Metroidvania is about the worst expectation you could lump on it, in my opinion.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#732 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

It's very low action. More action than Minecraft I think, but nothing like an actual action/adventure game. Calling it Metroidvania is about the worst expectation you could lump on it, in my opinion.

Terraria has a lot of action, though not at the level of Metroidvania. You need to play longer before enemies become a threat. You better have some sweet gear to take on the end bosses. I worry touch controls won't be good enough later on in the game.

#733 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I gave Terraria an hour. Not for me. Really disliked my time with it. Just wanted to make sure curious people didn't only get positive opinions when there are gamers like myself who didn't enjoy it.

My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#734 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop for iphone is free, ipad version isn't. I only added a price alert to this app a couple of days ago, that was fast.

http://appshopper.co...for-iphone-ipod

76561197996799113.png

#735 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Agree with ViolentLee. Terraria was nothing but a dig/collect/make stuff grindfest

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#736 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop for iphone is free, ipad version isn't. I only added a price alert to this app a couple of days ago, that was fast.

http://appshopper.co...for-iphone-ipod

I was rushing to get it for my iPod Touch, then I found out I have Splashtop 2, not 1 LOL.  Oops!  Shows how hard I've been hitting the iOS sales.

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#737 The Truth

The Truth

I miss SOCOM. DBU!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

W.E.L.D.E.R. is free. I've gotten a lot enjoyment out of this title and recommend it to anyone who likes word games.I think it's usually $2.99. Now, if I could just rediculous fishing for free...

"I'm hot boy, I'm burnin' up. I do my thang in the club with da burner tuck'd."

#738 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

Star Wars Pinball is free. http://appshopper.co...ar-wars-pinball

76561197996799113.png

#739 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Kinda OT...

Does anyone know of an iPad app that can handle MS Office doc/docx files with tables (Word tables, not Excel embedded tables) and won't screw up the formatting going between tablet and desktop.  So far, I've had the best "luck" with Office 2 HD, but the font formatting (style and size) always gets lost in the transition.  So far others I have had less success with are: Pages, Documents to Go, Quick Office Pro HD and Documents Unlimited.

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist…"

#740 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Gem Fighter and Unmechanical are free.

76561197996799113.png

#741 Dishinshoryuken

Dishinshoryuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Gem Fighter and Unmechanical are free.

Search for Gem Fighters brought up nothing.

Do you have a link or just trolling?

What a wonderful sight. :360::psp:

#742 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Search for Gem Fighters brought up nothing.

Do you have a link or just trolling?

Gem Fighter

Unmechanical

#743 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Didn't have time to post a link, doesn't mean I'm a troll. :-(

76561197996799113.png

#744 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

We know you're not a troll, Solid-Snake-Eyes. You're one of the most prolific contributors to this thread. Ignore the kid with 300 total posts.

#745 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

We know you're not a troll, Solid-Snake-Eyes. You're one of the most prolific contributors to this thread. Ignore the kid with 300 total posts.

I admit over the last week or two I've been lazy and not posted links.

76561197996799113.png

#746 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

FYI, Star Wars Force Collection came out.. it's "free"-mium.  

I can tell you the game is most certainly NOT free if you want to actually play against others.  Any 4-5 star character (starting out) will stomp on a regular 3 star, even if that 3 star is leveled pretty high.  For example, my 3 star Vader, level 30 outta 40, gets trashed by a starter Fett or Anakin Skywalker.  

I used some of my game card money to buy the 'starter' set for the deal and the remainder to buy a 6 pack of cards.  Not a SINGLE card over 3 stars.  I don't even bother fighting 4-5 star people.  It's insane how OP it is.  There ARE rewards for gold and silver packs that SAY they have the chance for a rare character... I'm not so sure.  I've unlocked most of them.  The best card I got (twice) was a 3 star Padme in disguise.  The 1-2 stars are useless.    

It's also VERY expensive.  The "levelling" consists of tapping on baddies until your "energy" runs out.  Then wait for it to spawn again.

You collect vehicle cards, and you can get 6 to make a vehicle.  Collecting multiple sets adds a level per set.  You can battle other players to complete missing sets.  Right NOW, vehicle battles are free (for another 20+ hrs).  Then they'll be 4 BP a piece (you can store up to 10).

Player battles are all auto-resolved.  Nothing you can do once your team is made can affect the outcome of the battle.

#747 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Batman Arkham City Lockdown is free through IGN in 44 countries: http://www.ign.com/p...omo/batman-free

76561197996799113.png

#748 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Sprinkle Islands is free.  Surprising it became free so soon, and it's not even an AppStore App of the Week.

https://itunes.apple...d603529731?mt=8

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#749 KHASN

KHASN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Banana Kong is free for 24 hours.

I guess I should post a link, or risk a challenge to my honor that results in a Alexander Hamilton type duel.

https://itunes.apple...d510040874?mt=8

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of free apps today.

#750 drock9975

drock9975

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

The Mouth of Madness -- Fruit Ninja meets Ren & Stimpy -- just went free (normally $1.99) for the weekend.

https://itunes.apple...app/id667155675

I'm a long time CAGer that actually worked on the game, so I'm proud to share the deal :)