• Please log in to reply
1659 replies to this topic

#61 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=272367

oh thanks for the link. if anyone wants to add me for zen pinball, im gunstar808 on gc.

#62 rman

rman

We Are Our Own Wicked Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I bought all the tables. I spend more then $20 per week here in Vegas @ the Pinball Hall Of Fame Arcade.

#63 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:08 AM

Before buying any tables, I tried out the Sorcerers Lair table just to get a jist of what they were like, and I can honestly say too much stuff was going on for me to understand what was going on with special doors and whatnot, and I couldn't read the small light up phrases ..I can only imagine the other tables are the same.
Posted Image

#64 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

Before buying any tables, I tried out the Sorcerers Lair table just to get a jist of what they were like, and I can honestly say too much stuff was going on for me to understand what was going on with special doors and whatnot, and I couldn't read the small light up phrases ..I can only imagine the other tables are the same.

I don't really know wtf is going on, I just play and try not to let the ball fall through the flippers. Sometimes cool shit occurs. I read a guide on the Boba Fett table and got some idea of things you can trigger to make stuff happen, but I don't really have the ability to intentionally trigger them so I just play.

#65 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Not free but $.99 a piece:

Bastion https://itunes.apple...d537773100?mt=8
Batman Arkham City Lockdown https://itunes.apple...d459850726?mt=8

Both were on my wishlist, can't wait to try them out!

#66 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

I know I'm in the minority, but I just could not play through Bastion because of the controls to me felt loose on the PC. Maybe it's better on a touch screen.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#67 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Sorcerer's Lair is actually one of the best tables to start learning on in Zen Pinball in my opinion. That sense of discovery and "oh hey, what did I do to trigger that?" is a big part of learning a table, and a lot of the fun in pinball comes from mastering all of those different modes and mechanics on any given table. You might want to check out a table guide to get a handle on some of the modes and make it feel a bit less random and chaotic. https://forum.zenstu...-Marvel-Pinball

If you want a simpler table with fewer bells and whistles, maybe try Iron Man or Wolverine. They still have modes and such, but the tables might be a bit easier to follow.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#68 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I asked this earlier. In the lower part of the game description for Bastion it says that iPhone 4 is fine, at the top it says 4s or later.

Anybody play it on a 4?

#69 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

I passed on Clone Wars cause I'm not familiar with that franchise, but I guess I shouldn't let that stop me if it's a good table. I think I'm gonna pass on all the Marvel ones, they don't look that interesting.

All night I was playing Infinity Gauntlet table, at one point Thanos snaps his fingers and my flippers just went reverse and stayed up he then thru in a bunch of pinballs into the screen to screw with me. LOVE IT.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#70 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Not a sale, but one of my absolute favorite puzzle games, Puzzlejuice, was finally updated with iPhone 5 screen support. It's two bucks and would be worth it at three times the price. It's sort of like a manic combination of Spell Tower, Tetris, Insane Game and... I dunno, something with powerups. It's a color-matching, line-erasing, word-making action puzzler with incredibly slick visual design. Definitely give it a look.

http://appshopper.co...mes/puzzlejuice

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#71 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

bastion was excellent on ipad. I thought the controls were fine.

#72 lilman

lilman

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Zen Pinball Star Wars sale ended today, a day earlier than advertised. I suspect the Marvel sale will also end a day early, meaning today will be the last day of the sale. If you haven't already, grab Moon Knight as it is awesome! I ended up buying all the Marvel except World War Hulk.

Btw you may already know this, but I just learned how to share in-app purchases like Zen Pinball tables with friends/family authorized for my Apple account. I'll walk through getting my Zen Pinball tables on my mom's iPad:
Spoiler

Edited by lilman, 07 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#73 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Not free but $.99 a piece:

Bastion https://itunes.apple...d537773100?mt=8
Batman Arkham City Lockdown https://itunes.apple...d459850726?mt=8

Both were on my wishlist, can't wait to try them out!

Both of these deals were mentioned already, but they probably got lost amongst all this pinball talk, LOL.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#74 chargeup45

chargeup45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Bastion went down from $4.99 to 99¢. I was waiting for this one to hit this price.

Bastion: https://itunes.apple...d537773100?mt=8

Edit: Bastion works only on devices with an A5 or higher (iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5G). Glad I sprung for the iPod Touch 5G instead of the 4G.

Any other thoughts on Bastion on touchscreen vs. XBLA/PC? I was going to wait on a price drop of the XBLA version because I prefer playing via controller, but I'd consider giving this a shot.

#75 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

Both of these deals were mentioned already, but they probably got lost amongst all this pinball talk, LOL.

You're right, my apologies. I missed the posts with all the pinball stuff in between (not a pinball fan). :p

#76 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Not a game but Adobe Ideas is free for the first time since release over two years ago. Not a bad sketch/art app.
http://appshopper.co...as-10-for-ipad

#77 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm pretty damn annoyed with the pinball sale ending early. I tried to buy clone wars last night and it was at 1.99. I sent them a complaint on twitter. They tweeted in the last 21 hours that the sale was on for a couple more days, I think this is a mistake.

I tried Zen Pinball on my iPad, wow this is really the way to play it. Felt much better than on the iPod cause I was able to play in portrait mode and see the whole table, on the smaller screen I feel the need to play in landscape or else everything is too small.

AppZapp told me that Fetch for iPad was 2.99 but so far it hasn't dropped, so that may happen tonight. AppZapp has been known to predict drops in advance, maybe based on other regions?

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 07 May 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#78 poopmastr7

poopmastr7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Any other thoughts on Bastion on touchscreen vs. XBLA/PC? I was going to wait on a price drop of the XBLA version because I prefer playing via controller, but I'd consider giving this a shot.

I have it on my MacBook and would only use th touchpad so I didn't enjoy it.

But on my iPad it was an incredible experience. You tap where you want to go and it moves the character so you have to be a little careful at times but otherwise, it was incredible and touch controls were well done IMO.

#79 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Well Zen Pinball twitter account told me the Star Wars sale ended on the 6th. I could have sworn it said the 8th in the app store but it does show as 6th on their blog. Weird.

Bladeslinger is supposed to be $0 according to AppZapp, but is not currently.

Reliable ol Appzapp, Bladeslinger is now free, and Fetch has dropped to 2.99.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 08 May 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#80 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sir Benfro's Brilliant Balloon is free
Posted Image
Posted Image

#81 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Do any of you know if the iOOTP Baseball games ever go on sale? I've never played one and I keep hearing great things about the new one, and even though it's only $5 I'd obviously rather pay less unless historically that doesn't happen.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#82 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

You can check the pricing history of games at appshopper

#83 itsmedave

itsmedave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Do any of you know if the iOOTP Baseball games ever go on sale? I've never played one and I keep hearing great things about the new one, and even though it's only $5 I'd obviously rather pay less unless historically that doesn't happen.

I have bought it at the normal price this year and last year and I never spend over $.99 for a game on the App Store. It's worth every penny.

#84 tangamer

tangamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

Some nice freebies today:
Conquist 2 Pocket

Super Dragon

Bladeslinger Ep.1

Blade of Darkness

#85 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I bought all the tables. I spend more then $20 per week here in Vegas @ the Pinball Hall Of Fame Arcade.

That place is amazing! I try to go everytime I'm in Vegas.

I thought the controls of Bastion on iPad were great. It's a buck. Get it.

#86 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Appzapp is saying that Mushroom Wars for iPad will be free.

*Its now free.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 09 May 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#87 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

Asphalt 7: Heat is free. Already a steal at a dollar, for free it's a no-brainer.

Asphalt 7: Heat link: https://itunes.apple...d462694916?mt=8
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#88 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Some nice freebies today:
Conquist 2 Pocket
Super Dragon
Bladeslinger Ep.1
Blade of Darkness

Watch it.

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#89 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Appzapp is saying that Mushroom Wars for iPad will be free.

Apparently this is in celebration for their new small-screen iPhone version Mushroom Wars Mini. It's not clear if the app will go "paid" soon, but y'all might grab it now, since it currently shows no IAP to unlock a "full game". :)

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#90 tangamer

tangamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Watch it.

Are we only allowed to link to price history on appshopper and no where else? I'm biased so I would like to ask your opinions. Take Asaphalt 7 sale as example. AppSnatcher shows "Current price is the lowest price. Total 10+ days at current price, no current IAP sales."

It seems better than having to read lists of price/date changes,