Ni no Kuni $39.99 on Amazon

[quote name='Wario64']Huh, I didn't know[/QUOTE]

Oh no worries...I wasn't trying to slam ya. i was just adding that it should start showing up at this price everywhere :p

[quote name='thrifty']This is the new MSRP for for the game.[/QUOTE]
Somebody needs to tell Gamestop so I can buy a preowned copy with coupons.

Will it go cheaper is the question.... I know I'm not going to play it right away but I don't want to wait for it to become hard to find. :/

[quote name='ItsKayJayBee']Will it go cheaper is the question.... I know I'm not going to play it right away but I don't want to wait for it to become hard to find. :/[/QUOTE]

With all the sales going on of this title? I don't expect it to be hard to find any time soon. In fact, it seems retailers have too many copies which is why it is always on sale.

Thinking of returning smt devil summoner: soul hackers and getting this instead. I just don't know if ni no kuni will be harder to find later on.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why would this be hard to find?[/QUOTE]
A game that came out nearing the end of a consoles life and an rpg that was very well reviewed. This could be a recipe for a game that won't necessarily be hard to find, but will retain value pretty well. Maybe even go up in price. Who knows.

Hmm, I reckon that BB coupon expired? If this is the new MSRP I'd be down with using the coupon to get it for whatever the discount price is.

Well, hell. This is the second time I have ordered from Amazon and then only a few hours later there is a significant price drop on the very thing I ordered. First was the Hitman HD Trilogy which i paid ~$35 for, and then a few hours later they have a Twitter promo to drop the price to $20. I lost out on that one, but oh well, that game is well worth the extra $15 IMO.

Now I bought Ni No Kuni for $51.98 on May 1st. I chose the Free Super Saver shipping, so (luckily, this time) my order has not shipped yet. Now they drop the price today to $40. Thankfully, Amazon customer service is mother lovin' fantastic, and I was able to live chat with a CSR and they had absolutely no problems with giving me a $12 Gift Cert. credit to cover the price difference. Yay Amazon!

I'll wait and see how much they drop the digital price on the PSN Store. It's still listed at $54.99 I'd like to share it with my daughter's PS3 so we can both play it.

[quote name='StryderOmega']With all the sales going on of this title? I don't expect it to be hard to find any time soon. In fact, it seems retailers have too many copies which is why it is always on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm waiting for a significantly lower price before picking this one up...

What's the difference between Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi (二ノ国 漆黒の魔導士?, literally "Second Country: The Jet-Black Mage"), and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (二ノ国 白き聖灰の女王 Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō?, literally "Second Country: The Queen of White Sacred Ash")? If I've already had the black mage one, is it still worth for me to buy the white witch one?

I suspect that Shikkoku no madoushi is probably just the story up to Gabo/Shadar. White witch extends the story past that as well as optional post game quests.

[quote name='letskissthesky']A game that came out nearing the end of a consoles life and an rpg that was very well reviewed. This could be a recipe for a game that won't necessarily be hard to find, but will retain value pretty well. Maybe even go up in price. Who knows.[/QUOTE]
I am less informed in anticipating standard game rarities, but thanks, I will be on special look out for the price fluctuation. As soon it goes up, it's mine. I dare not open my wizards edition so haven't played it but just itching to do so.

$35.98 shipped @ Newegg

Edit: More like $37 shipped, because they are lying about shipping cost. It said $0.99 and it said free 2-day shipping but when I checked out I got neither and instead charged $1.99 for shipping. Not cool, Newegg.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dandragonrage']$35.98 shipped @ Newegg

Edit: More like $37 shipped, because they are lying about shipping cost. It said $0.99 and it said free 2-day shipping but when I checked out I got neither and instead charged $1.99 for shipping. Not cool, Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Time to tell Amazon about it! And...done!

[quote name='Fairy']What's the difference between Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi (二ノ国 漆黒の魔導士?, literally "Second Country: The Jet-Black Mage"), and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (二ノ国 白き聖灰の女王 Ni no Kuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joō?, literally "Second Country: The Queen of White Sacred Ash")? If I've already had the black mage one, is it still worth for me to buy the white witch one?[/QUOTE]
Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madōshi is the game for the Nintendo DS and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is the one for PS3.

Also the localized versions of Ni no Kuni for PS3 include all the bonus content from the Japanese all-in-one edition.

bread's done
Back