Gamestop new-to-used conversions

TheMaximumC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Now and then Gamestop alters their inventory where they take brand new products and mark them at the used price. They just had a pretty big one, not much quality, but still some really good deals. You can get the Halo 4 LE for the price of a used Halo 4. The only other good ones I can remember are Kirbys Dream Collector's Edition and Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3 Only)

^Well, in his defense, I didn't know the Halo 4 LE was among those converted to used today. Now I know to ask for it if I stop by GSs this weekend.

Would love to get Halo 4 CE but as Saix_XIII said, it'll be hard to find. I'm sure some stores close to me should have at least 1. Another Gamestop used / price drop hunt!

Let's see if I can stack the birthday coupon and others to get this any cheaper.

[quote name='DirkBelig']So that makes it $37.99 instead of $100?[/QUOTE]Before discount(s), yes. There's also the chance that the LE will no longer be sealed--in converting limited/collector's editions to used, some GS locations have been known to strip them of their bonus content and sell just the game or keep the bonuses for themselves.

These Halo 4 LE have been on amazon warehouse deals constantly for like the past month. Picked one up at $30 like new and it came in pristine condition. The are always in the $30-$35 range.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']These Halo 4 LE have been on amazon warehouse deals constantly for like the past month. Picked one up at $30 like new and it came in pristine condition. The are always in the $30-$35 range.[/QUOTE]

Did it comes with any vouchers to be used?

I've seen several of these in-stock at GS too bad I already p/u" 2 from BB thinking they may become rare b/c of the LE numbering.

[quote name='Enuf']I've seen several of these in-stock at GS too bad I already p/u" 2 from BB thinking they may become rare b/c of the LE numbering.[/QUOTE]

You should have listened when we told you it wasn't going to be. ;) what Halo LE is rare? (Halo 3 just recently went up in price for the LE).

[quote name='Vigilante']Before discount(s), yes. There's also the chance that the LE will no longer be sealed--in converting limited/collector's editions to used, some GS locations have been known to strip them of their bonus content and sell just the game or keep the bonuses for themselves.[/QUOTE]

In my case, limited and collector's editions are the only things that my local stores don't seem to gut..

Does anyone know if I can renew my PUR card and have the B2G1 automatically on the card. Might buy 2 H4: CE and get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for free.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Does anyone know if I can renew my PUR card and have the B2G1 automatically on the card. Might buy 2 H4: CE and get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for free.[/QUOTE]Nope, the B2G1 coupon appears in your Active Offers 2-3 business days after you renew the membership. But you could buy those three games right away, keep the receipt, then when the B2G1 coupon shows up, print it out, go back to the store, and ask to do a return-rebuy for the three games using the B2G1 coupon so you can get some money back. Most employees will understand that and process it, no problem.

I'm planning to update the bigger list later tonight. Just had some errands to do before than. And I can only see stuff in our store that has on hand that gets converted. We havent had a Halo 4 LE in a while. So if you know any other titles that got converted I can definitely check on it while I'm at work.

Went to Gamestop and both told me that it wasn't in the system anymore (knew that though) and that they didn't have any left. Didn't think it was going to be that scarce. Time to call a bunch of Gamestop's hoping that they still have at least one left.

[quote name='bruceg']In my case, limited and collector's editions are the only things that my local stores don't seem to gut..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it all depends on the store and what edition it is. If it's a large bulky one they will just leave it in back so it's not taking up room on the shelf.

I'll also try to get a bigger list tonight, I just wanted to get the main ones out there since those could be going fast.

[quote name='sasukekun']I'm planning to update the bigger list later tonight. Just had some errands to do before than. And I can only see stuff in our store that has on hand that gets converted. We havent had a Halo 4 LE in a while. So if you know any other titles that got converted I can definitely check on it while I'm at work.[/QUOTE]

can you check if the sf vs tekken collector edition got converted? TIA

[quote name='coolrust']can you check if the sf vs tekken collector edition got converted? TIA[/QUOTE]

The guy at gamestop told me it did get converted.

Also if anyone is interested, the Razer Onza tournament edition 360 controller got converted to used as well.

[quote name='Vigilante']Before discount(s), yes. There's also the chance that the LE will no longer be sealed--in converting limited/collector's editions to used, some GS locations have been known to strip them of their bonus content and sell just the game or keep the bonuses for themselves.[/QUOTE]

No surprise here. I rarely buy stuff in-store, and generally I like GameStop, but the stuff they do on "new" copies are ridiculous. I know they've been using the crappy price stickers that don't even come off very easily, then they put another clear sticker on it where it opens and then it left residue too. Why?

A little off topic, but wasn't there another 20% b-day coupon from Gamestop? I can't seem to find that thread... it would be nice to use with some of these.

I cannot stand this about GameStop! I won't buy any used games that require online passes from them because they always take the online code out. I can't stand GameStop sometimes.

[quote name='Insane dead']The guy at gamestop told me it did get converted.

Also if anyone is interested, the Razer Onza tournament edition 360 controller got converted to used as well.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

[quote name='Insane dead']The guy at gamestop told me it did get converted.

Also if anyone is interested, the Razer Onza tournament edition 360 controller got converted to used as well.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the website, but it doesn't show a used price. How much is it used?

Thanks for the heads up, those controllers look pretty cool.

[quote name='teknikalei']Just checked the website, but it doesn't show a used price. How much is it used?

Thanks for the heads up, those controllers look pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Price for the controller? It was $21 not including tax.

Actually just checked my receipt and it was $19.79 with the 10 percent off using a power up card.

Also the Record of Agarest War Zero limited edition was converted to used as well. Well at least from what the worker told me.

[quote name='JBallerX']I cannot stand this about GameStop! I won't buy any used games that require online passes from them because they always take the online code out. I can't stand GameStop sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Agreed x10. At least in my case...I got some early 20s/late teens employees that you can just tell they take every freebie they can get away with. But in their defense, if I worked at Gamestop...nevermind fuck that I'd never work there.

[quote name='Insane dead']Price for the controller? It was $21 not including tax.

Actually just checked my receipt and it was $19.79 with the 10 percent off using a power up card.

Also the Record of Agarest War Zero limited edition was converted to used as well. Well at least from what the worker told me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can confirm that. I think the regular ones were as well.

Not sure about the SF x Tekken. I could probably look up if it has, I just wouldn't know how long ago it was that it happened. You are only notified if it has been if your store actually has copies of it. I know some of the cheap fight-styled controllers were converted.

I didn't really get to check much tonight. I'm pretty sure for both systems Crysis 2, FIFA 12, Brink and Bulletstorm were the only ones I really remember.

bread's done
Back