Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

$60/$40 Defiance Ultimate or CE @ Gamestop(PS3/X360/PC)

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Alright, I caved :headache: , but I think in the end, The Cheapest we might see it (UCE) is about 50, while the CE will hit maybe that mythical 25 or more realistic 30 dollar mark. Just my 2 cents...

#62 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

It's past June. Can you please direct me to the $15 Ultimate?

Thanks.

It sold out already, sorry.

Posted Image

#63 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Um, all the save data is server side, meaning as long as you are signed in under the same profile you have linked, your character will be there.

Great, thanks!

#64 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

My Ultimate Editions came yesterday, and they are really nice, however I wish I had done a little more research on them. I didn't realize ALL of the DLC was tied to one single code. I figured the Saeson Pass and in game money would be separate since it only comes in the Ultimate.
It really cuts down my options, I thought I could maybe sell off the Season Pass if I didn't want it.
Oh well, still a tremendous deal for the price.

#65 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I will say one thing about Gamestop.com, they don't waste time processing and shipping and they take great care in packaging the items so kudos to them. I bought my UE the morning of the 23rd and used the Free Shipping which is 5-7 days and they shipped my item the same day. By yesterday I received this awesome item an it was only 2 days with their free shipping for this item to arrive

Amazon's free shipping not only takes a lot longer to process an order even a day or two for in stock items, but they have a much slower shipping speed and they package the items differently each time as I have no problems getting basic games in standard boxes, but anything like a book or special edition is a crapshoot as far as suffering any damage. It almost feels that you have to buy Prime as this seems to be a tactic of theirs to force you to get it but I know it is the way that the couriers handle the item. 

Now the bag is of great quality and I like the versatility of the statue as it is very good. The DLC alone is a great bargain with the game and everything else is just gravy. Thanks OP and CAG community for keeping this topic alive as I finally got my UE and it is all thanks to you as I completely forgot about this item with so many games about to come out including new game consoles.

#66 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Bought the vanilla game for $20 from Amazon last week, and turns out I really like it. :) Decided to "upgrade" to the Ultimate Edition for $60 minus whatever I can get for the sealed game itself. The season pass being included in the UE is what really sweetens the deal.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#67 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I love how people were saying the Ultimate edition wouldn't drop because of sales figures and the shows popularity, yet... it keeps dropping. With that being said, I really want to jump on the Ultimate, but I just got a new bag. =[ 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#68 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Bought the vanilla game for $20 from Amazon last week, and turns out I really like it. :) Decided to "upgrade" to the Ultimate Edition for $60 minus whatever I can get for the sealed game itself. The season pass being included in the UE is what really sweetens the deal.

You're not going to be able to keep the game sealed if you want the Season Pass. Apparently the code inside the gamecase gives you everything.
....which I'm still unsure about, since it's just the one code and its inside of a sealed Collectors Edition too.
How do I know the factory put the correct code inside the CE and not the regular CE code?

#69 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

You're not going to be able to keep the game sealed if you want the Season Pass. Apparently the code inside the gamecase gives you everything.
....which I'm still unsure about, since it's just the one code and its inside of a sealed Collectors Edition too.
How do I know the factory put the correct code inside the CE and not the regular CE code?

Ah, dang. Well thanks for the info. I guess I'll just take the few bucks I can get for trade-in on the vanilla copy.

#70 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just a potential warning.  I got the ultimate at release and I had to toss the hellbug statue that came with it.  It smelled horrible!  And I'm talking from a distance.  I let it air out for weeks and weeks, even sprayed the thing but it still stunk the room up.

None of the other collectibles I've got ever had that problem (skyrim dragon, colonial marines statue, etc..) 

#71 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Just a potential warning.  I got the ultimate at release and I had to toss the hellbug statue that came with it.  It smelled horrible!  And I'm talking from a distance.  I let it air out for weeks and weeks, even sprayed the thing but it still stunk the room up.

None of the other collectibles I've got ever had that problem (skyrim dragon, colonial marines statue, etc..) 

Actually a somewhat common problem with certain cheap plastics, before they are fully dried. It was a somewhat common complaint regarding the statue, but if you really did let it air out for "weeks and weeks" and not just a day or two, it would of gone away, as long as you had it somewhere that was dry, also airing out is best done in an open window.

#72 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Been stuck on the damn patch screen pretty much ALL DAY.
Got to within 20 sec of completion once....but then it jumped up to about 6 hrs, and then the error screen.

I'd like to try the game at some point.

#73 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Got to within 20 sec of completion once....but then it jumped up to about 6 hrs, and then the error screen.

Don't worry, I had to try the initial patch process about 20 times before it actually worked.  Once you get it up and running, the game is really fun!

#74 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

That's weird, the whole thing took like 30-45 minutes for me. I actually started it hours before I intended to play because I thought it might take forever, but it zipped right through.

I tried to play the beta but after multiple attempts I could never get it to complete the install process, and I never got to play it. Probably the biggest reason I waited until the game was < $20 to play it. It's fun though!

I do seem to be having a problem with my DLC code though (the one on the back of the manual in the vanilla version). The code went in fine but no items are appearing in the claim area of the store. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to give you.

#75 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I sprayed mine with Axe body spray but I've had bad allergies so I can't tell if the horrible smell is gone yet.  I've had it for like a week.

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

#76 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Just a heads up if you are buying the ultimate edition online, use the code Techbar10, it'll knock 10 bucks off

#77 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

Just a heads up if you are buying the ultimate edition online, use the code Techbar10, it'll knock 10 bucks off

Nice! Stack with SAVER for free shipping, makes it $49.99 plus tax.

#78 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

Damn. Should have waited. 

#79 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

Dammit me too

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#80 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Glad I waited. I think it's time to pull on it.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#81 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

The $10 off code was enough to get me to bite. No doubt the price will drop even more but I really wanted to try this.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#82 kingwormer

kingwormer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Techbar10 = SOLD.  I traded in my vanilla version a few weeks back.  Was always mad I didn't buy the CE for the hellbug statue.  Now I got the Ultmiate for $55!  Thanks!

#83 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Glad I could help, that coupon is good till 9/17, could use it on Saints Row IV and GTA V as well. 

#84 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'll hold off for $20 for the CE. It happened for Max Payne I don't see why it can't happen for this too
Posted Image

#85 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Gamestop won't honor a refund for price drop within 7 days ($79.99 to $59.99).  Therefore, I will have to do a rebuy and return in order to get refunded the difference.  Fortunately, I'll be rebuying at $49.99 with the new code. This is why I do most of my shopping on Amazon.

#86 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

My order hadn't shipped yet, so I was able to cancel and re-order with the coupon. Or at least, the rep told me it was cancelled even though I can still see the order on the website. I guess we'll see. :lol:

#87 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

My order hadn't shipped yet, so I was able to cancel and re-order with the coupon. Or at least, the rep told me it was cancelled even though I can still see the order on the website. I guess we'll see. :lol:

just a heads up, you better stay on top of that, members had posted before gs not actually cancelling their orders probably, and still shipped cancelled orders to them.

#88 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Picked this up when the MSRP dropped to $20. Having enough fun that I think I'll probably pick up the DLC, so $20 of defibux plus the bag and statue for the cost of each DLC individually isn't bad. Thanks for sharing techbar code.

Rohsiph.png

#89 Demise_Angel

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Got the ultimate one, rather not have the cheesy bag but whatever. Season pass is worth it alone.

#90 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Thanks OP and thanks HakurenKyo06 for the code! Went ahead and got the Ultimate.