$60/$40 Defiance Ultimate or CE @ Gamestop(PS3/X360/PC)

Yea the Ultimate Edition is not dropping to $15. Even if it sold poorly gamestop would not lower it that low. And the game seems to be good. Have not heard a bad thing about it from people I know.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']When they announce registered accounts and not units sold, then you know it bombed.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/defiance-passes-1-000-000-registered-accounts/[/QUOTE] Well people also said Tomb Riader underperformed even though it sold 3.5 million. But as for these specific editions stock looks limited so they won't be here for $15 not sure what the going rate is on ebay/CL depending on that you may to jump on the GS deal before it's all gone.

[quote name='Enuf']Well people also said Tomb Riader underperformed even though it sold 3.5 million. But as for these specific editions stock looks limited so they won't be here for $15 not sure what the going rate is on ebay/CL depending on that you may to jump on the GS deal before it's all gone.[/QUOTE]

SWTOR was far more successful than Defiance and people still got the CE for $25.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']SWTOR was far more successful than Defiance and people still got the CE for $25.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Gamestop invested heavily in this and from what I can tell, it didn't do anywhere near the numbers they were hoping. I've heard it's a pretty decent game, but it's online only and once the community dies in a few months, I can't see this game holding any value at all.

You can't really use the SWOTR CE as a guide to say this will be that cheap. There were far more produced of the SW one, as it was a bigger name title. I got the ultimate edition of defiance on release, and asked my friend to check later about stock on it. None of the stores in his radius of checking had them in stock after the preorder pick up window, and they only got the one I preordered in. Just sayin though. Sounds like you want to argue it though cause you seem to think its trash.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']You can't really use the SWOTR CE as a guide to say this will be that cheap. There were far more produced of the SW one, as it was a bigger name title. I got the ultimate edition of defiance on release, and asked my friend to check later about stock on it. None of the stores in his radius of checking had them in stock after the preorder pick up window, and they only got the one I preordered in. Just sayin though. Sounds like you want to argue it though cause you seem to think its trash.[/QUOTE]

The game has been out for a month and hasn't sold out in any of the versions online. Heck, it didn't even sell out yesterday when you could have gotten another 25% off. I understand you take this personally because you paid full price, but all of us make that mistake occasionally and it's no reason to lose your objectivity about the potential for something to drop further.

I'm not saying it won't drop further, just saying that there is no reason to say it will go to rock bottom 15 dollars, or to even compare it to the mass volume of SWOTR.

Don't feel bad if you got it at full price. The ultimate has a really good amount of physical and digital items and it's a very fun game.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Will wait for rock bottom prices as this game will hold no value soon enough with the announcements of the new consoles soon.[/QUOTE]

Bc as soon as new consoles are announced the old ones self-destruct. Shady M$.

i know i am going to get flame for this, but the truth is this game is probably heading down the same road as swtor. It will end up free to play in a year or two. If the collector editions are not sold out by then, it will be clearance, or get a price drop down like swtor ce.

[quote name='YBX87']i know i am going to get flame for this, but the truth is this game is probably heading down the same road as swtor. It will end up free to play in a year or two. If the collector editions are not sold out by then, it will be clearance, or get a price drop down like swtor ce.[/QUOTE]

Heres the issue with your argument though, people seem to be forgetting a few things.
(Although maybe you have a tiny bit of a point regarding the PC version, as theres bigger and better MMO's, for the console I disagree, we will NEVER see this for $20)
Only click if you want to read my extremely long list debuting that arguement read my list.
1. the game isn't AMAZING, it's still decent.
2. It is a MMO for the 360 which is extremely rare, and people will buy THAT version for that reason alone.
3. There wasn't a MASSIVE printing of the ultimate edition like there was with the swtor CE!
4. It ALREADY IS FREE TO PLAY!!! Seriously... buy the game no subscription...
5. The Ultimate Edition has the season pass (normally $40 or 3200 MSP) PLUS like $20 worth of the game store currency, PLUS a VERY nice messenger bag (Let's say that's worth $30 atleast) so that's 90$ in content WITHOUT counting the stuff that comes in the NORMAL CE!
6. While it may drop more, $20 within a month on a CE can be indicitive of future drop's, don't compare it to different game's that are COMPLETELY different situation's, swtor required a subscription fee.
7. Alot of people's friend's are playing it (I could find like 4 of my "Regular's" on my Xbox friend list playing this game, so that's a selling point alone).
8. If you really think this will be your focus point in two year's maybe look at the type of games coming out. Destiny, Watch Dogs, GTA V, SR4, AC4, but until then there's a HUGE GAP!
So my guess, we will see maybe 1 more drop on the Ultimate Edition, before it vanishes from the wild)

[quote name='panda911']Bc as soon as new consoles are announced the old ones self-destruct. Shady M$.[/QUOTE]

No, but last gen games for consoles (especially online only games) will drop like a rock in prep for newer console games. As I don't see this becoming rare, this will be a very likely candidate.

[quote name='Hemi']Heres the issue with your argument though, people seem to be forgetting a few things.
(Although maybe you have a tiny bit of a point regarding the PC version, as theres bigger and better MMO's, for the console I disagree, we will NEVER see this for $20)
Only click if you want to read my extremely long list debuting that arguement read my list.
1. the game isn't AMAZING, it's still decent.
2. It is a MMO for the 360 which is extremely rare, and people will buy THAT version for that reason alone.
3. There wasn't a MASSIVE printing of the ultimate edition like there was with the swtor CE!
4. It ALREADY IS FREE TO PLAY!!! Seriously... buy the game no subscription...
5. The Ultimate Edition has the season pass (normally $40 or 3200 MSP) PLUS like $20 worth of the game store currency, PLUS a VERY nice messenger bag (Let's say that's worth $30 atleast) so that's 90$ in content WITHOUT counting the stuff that comes in the NORMAL CE!
6. While it may drop more, $20 within a month on a CE can be indicitive of future drop's, don't compare it to different game's that are COMPLETELY different situation's, swtor required a subscription fee.
7. Alot of people's friend's are playing it (I could find like 4 of my "Regular's" on my Xbox friend list playing this game, so that's a selling point alone).
8. If you really think this will be your focus point in two year's maybe look at the type of games coming out. Destiny, Watch Dogs, GTA V, SR4, AC4, but until then there's a HUGE GAP!
So my guess, we will see maybe 1 more drop on the Ultimate Edition, before it vanishes from the wild)
[/QUOTE]

Terrible argument...

• Decent... always a selling point. We've seen good games drop just as fast.
  • Demographics.
  • Star Wars is also far more established than Defiance and shipped to multiple locations (VS the ultimate being GS exclusive).
  • This is correct.
  • This is only a value if you like playing the game. If you don't, then it doesn't really make a difference.
  • I don't see how they're different situations, since they seem pretty similar to me. Really big box, check. No one is buying, check. No hype, check. So whats different? Nothing. The same thing happened to Skyrim and Killzone 3 (though there were a LOT of these) and these two games had better bonuses (that Skyrim art book

[quote name='StryderOmega']No, but last gen games for consoles (especially online only games) will drop like a rock in prep for newer console games. As I don't see this becoming rare, this will be a very likely candidate.[/QUOTE]
Remind me what video game store do you have experience running? That argument applies to the yearly sport's games, and pretty much nothing else.

Remind me again how many generations ago is PS2 and Gamecube that it took until THIS YEAR to start doing sales on them???

Admiral, stop comparing apples to oranges, also I love you bring up the Skyrim CE, as that was also $150 at launch (I beleive) So yeah totally worth the extra $90 there for a statue of a dragon, and... an artbook? Forgive me but that's no Hyrule Historia artbook.
You lost me at point 5, and #3 you were just stating a fact that really was more of a reason that the star wars CE DID drop as low as it did...
#4. At that point you already bought the dang game, this is a SELLING POINT FOR IT....
Plus if you don't understand how they are different situation's let me point out, PLENTY of people are buying it, there is ALOT of hype for it, ton's of friggen commercials saying Watch the show, play the game etc, and it's a free MMO, they just said how there were over 1 million new account's created for it (people seem to seriously forget how many ONE FRIGGEN MILLION IS!). Oh and hmm, comparing it to skyrim let's see... Skyrim was single player this is an MMO, BIG DIFFERENCE in the GAME! This isnt just a box, as listen, it contains ACTUAL DLC (which Skyrim was just a statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd) that's $90 just for that... While this contain's LIKE I SAID... A statue, an artbook, Oh what's this? $60 worth of DLC/Cash Shop Currency? OH LOOK, In game Exclusives as well!!! OH HEY they also threw in a high quality Messenger Bag!!!

[quote name='Hemi']Admiral, stop comparing apples to oranges, also I love you bring up the Skyrim CE, as that was also $150 at launch (I beleive) So yeah totally worth the extra $90 there for a statue of a dragon, and... an artbook? Forgive me but that's no Hyrule Historia artbook.
You lost me at point 5, and #3 you were just stating a fact that really was more of a reason that the star wars CE DID drop as low as it did...
#4. At that point you already bought the dang game, this is a SELLING POINT FOR IT....
Plus if you don't understand how they are different situation's let me point out, PLENTY of people are buying it, there is ALOT of hype for it, ton's of friggen commercials saying Watch the show, play the game etc, and it's a free MMO, they just said how there were over 1 million new account's created for it (people seem to seriously forget how many ONE FRIGGEN MILLION IS!). Oh and hmm, comparing it to skyrim let's see... Skyrim was single player this is an MMO, BIG DIFFERENCE in the GAME! This isnt just a box, as listen, it contains ACTUAL DLC (which Skyrim was just a statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd) that's $90 just for that... While this contain's LIKE I SAID... A statue, an artbook, Oh what's this? $60 worth of DLC/Cash Shop Currency? OH LOOK, In game Exclusives as well!!! OH HEY they also threw in a high quality Messenger Bag!!![/QUOTE]

While I can continue this argument, I much rather talk to a wall... at least the wall can make better points.

If we break down all the stuff in the Ultimate edition by what it's worth we can see it will never be $60 let alone $30...
Season pass $40
In game currency $20
GAME ITSELF (I'll say $30)
Statue $15
Artbook $5
Exclusive bonus DLC content $10
Bag $30
Point Hemi:1 admiralvic:0
All your argument pretty much went like (Well I love the skyrim artbook, star war's has a big fanbase, Dust514 is coming out, and all big box's look the same so every CE is comparable.)
I gotta stop going under bridges and feeding the troll's...

[quote name='Hemi']If we break down all the stuff in the Ultimate edition by what it's worth we can see it will never be $60 let alone $30...
Season pass $40
In game currency $20
GAME ITSELF (I'll say $30)
Statue $15
Artbook $5
Exclusive bonus DLC content $10
Bag $30
Point Hemi:1 admiralvic:0
All your argument pretty much went like (Well I love the skyrim artbook, star war's has a big fanbase, Dust514 is coming out, and all big box's look the same so every CE is comparable.)
I gotta stop going under bridges and feeding the troll's...[/QUOTE]

This might literally be the stupidest post I have read on CAG in years. Your personal opinion about what items are worth has nothing to do with what the price on an item may fall to. You have no idea how many they made or how long this game or television series will have any kind of popularity. Things like a season pass, game currency or DLC have no value if the community for an on-line multiplayer game dies out or if you buy the game and end up not liking it enough to keep playing for more than a few weeks. Similarly, I have actually seen and touched that bag and valuing it at $30 is silly. It's a cheap bag of the type that they give away when you go to a trade show by the thousands. I'd value it at a few bucks and that's only if you like Defiance because that's what's printed on it. It's not like you can use it for something else besides sticking it on a shelf.

Their is no chance that the GS exclusive version falls to anything less then $69. If it does I will buy a copy and give it away.

And that doesn't include converting copies to used.

[quote name='GBAstar']Their is no chance that the GS exclusive version falls to anything less then $69. If it does I will buy a copy and give it away.

And that doesn't include converting copies to used.[/QUOTE]

Really?

[quote name='admiralvic']Really?[/QUOTE]

Did you link me to Ninja Gaiden.... THREEEEEEEE

New title versus a game that has been around for 20 years?

A CE that surely had stock in almost every gamestop months after release to one that has none in a 100 mile radius in my area?

Good comparison :roll:

But I stand by my offer.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']What will happen first: $15 or canceled show?[/QUOTE]
the cancelled show will come first.

[quote name='YBX87']the cancelled show will come first.[/QUOTE]
Is the show not doing well? I generally don't watch television so I don't know anything about that.

Anyway, I've been passively watching this. Rift was a decent-enough MMO that I no longer have time for. I enjoy MMOFPS games if they're done right, and no one really does it right... I'm just not sure.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Is the show not doing well? I generally don't watch television so I don't know anything about that.

Anyway, I've been passively watching this. Rift was a decent-enough MMO that I no longer have time for. I enjoy MMOFPS games if they're done right, and no one really does it right... I'm just not sure.[/QUOTE]

The ratings were actually really good for SyFy Channel, but I think they fell below expectations given the investment they made in the series production and marketing. There has already been talk of a second season pickup, although it would probably be at a reduced budget.

[quote name='GBAstar']Did you link me to Ninja Gaiden.... THREEEEEEEE

New title versus a game that has been around for 20 years?

A CE that surely had stock in almost every gamestop months after release to one that has none in a 100 mile radius in my area?

Good comparison :roll:

But I stand by my offer.[/QUOTE]

He DID say all CE's look alike to him.
But yeah that's what I've been trying to get through to him, there's like... 6 within 100 miles of me, while if I look up the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE... STILL, AT $20 I find hmmm 115...
So obviously he can compare this game to SWTOR, a pc mmo (yeah there arn't a billion of those) that charged $15 a month initially, the SKYRIM CE, which was an extra $90 for a statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd, and also, a ton of them made, versus a MMO also for consoles (With no real competition at the moment, unless you count FFXI which once again, monthly fee, and just because dust 514 is coming out on the 14th, doesn't mean people won't buy the one that came out first.) Best of all he compares it to Ninja Gaiden 3 CE... a game people wont even buy the CE for at $20... that had mediocre review's.
There is a reason so many CE's get discounted like crazy... It's because developer's make so many thinking everyone is gonna drop an extra hundred for a friggen statue and an artbook on a game that "Ok" is a compliment for.
Just because a CE doesn't sell out in preorders doesn't mean it will be friggen $20 down the road. Now, I'll concede that the REGULAR CE, will probably hit the $60 price point in some future sale, probably late this year, but the CE has FAR less in it then the Ultimate Edition (Ultimate edition is the one with the $60 in season pass/Cash shop money, plus the bag, plus in game bonus's of it's own.

[quote name='Hemi']He DID say all CE's look alike to him.
But yeah that's what I've been trying to get through to him, there's like... 6 within 100 miles of me, while if I look up the Ninja Gaiden 3 CE... STILL, AT $20 I find hmmm 115...
So obviously he can compare this game to SWTOR, a pc mmo (yeah there arn't a billion of those) that charged $15 a month initially, the SKYRIM CE, which was an extra $90 for a statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd, and also, a ton of them made, versus a MMO also for consoles (With no real competition at the moment, unless you count FFXI which once again, monthly fee, and just because dust 514 is coming out on the 14th, doesn't mean people won't buy the one that came out first.) Best of all he compares it to Ninja Gaiden 3 CE... a game people wont even buy the CE for at $20... that had mediocre review's.
There is a reason so many CE's get discounted like crazy... It's because developer's make so many thinking everyone is gonna drop an extra hundred for a friggen statue and an artbook on a game that "Ok" is a compliment for.
Just because a CE doesn't sell out in preorders doesn't mean it will be friggen $20 down the road. Now, I'll concede that the REGULAR CE, will probably hit the $60 price point in some future sale, probably late this year, but the CE has FAR less in it then the Ultimate Edition (Ultimate edition is the one with the $60 in season pass/Cash shop money, plus the bag, plus in game bonus's of it's own.[/QUOTE]
If you must know... I misread his post and would have deleted it if I wasn't quoted. I originally read it as "Their is no chance that a GS exclusive version falls to anything less then $69. If it does I will buy a copy and give it away.

And that doesn't include converting copies to used.", which I only did so because Gamestop isn't known for their deals.

I won't comment about the rest, since you're either a troll or suffering from disillusions.

[quote name='bojay1997'] Similarly, I have actually seen and touched that bag and valuing it at $30 is silly.[/QUOTE]

So
This
This
And This
Must all be my personal opinion on what they are worth... Keep in mind all those sales of the ultimate edition extra's DO NOT INCLUDE ANY DLC OR CODE's... just the physical junk... which last I checked, matches up perfectly with my valuation of the item's...
In the month it's been out, the cheapest we have seen the base game for a console is $50, while Injustice, and Dead Island, and other's have dropped $15-25 more within that time period from different stores...
Listen you guy's obviously want to hate on SOMETHING so you decided to pick this game, for whatever reason.
All your argument's are based on PERSONAL OPINION, mine I actually researched what this stuff was going for before I gave it prices.

[quote name='Hemi']So
This
This
And This
Must all be my personal opinion on what they are worth... Keep in mind all those sales of the ultimate edition extra's DO NOT INCLUDE ANY DLC OR CODE's... just the physical junk... which last I checked, matches up perfectly with my valuation of the item's...
In the month it's been out, the cheapest we have seen the base game for a console is $50, while Injustice, and Dead Island, and other's have dropped $15-25 more within that time period from different stores...
Listen you guy's obviously want to hate on SOMETHING so you decided to pick this game, for whatever reason.
All your argument's are based on PERSONAL OPINION, mine I actually researched what this stuff was going for before I gave it prices.[/QUOTE]

Oh please shut up or I will report you for trolling... Your "research" proves nothing more than people on eBay are stupid.

Skyrim CE contents - sold for $115
Sealed CE (x2) - Sold for $235
French PC CE - sold for $120
Sealed Xbox CE - Sold for $110

This is how every collectors edition works... you can typically buy the CE, gut it, sell the contents on eBay and break even.

[quote name='admiralvic']Oh please shut up or I will report you for trolling...[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest!? :lol:

Here's a thought:
Everyone who's not interested in this game, at this price, gtfo.

[quote name='admiralvic']Oh please shut up or I will report you for trolling... Your "research" proves nothing more than people on eBay are stupid.

This is how every collectors edition works... you can typically buy the CE, gut it, sell the contents on eBay and break even.[/QUOTE]
Because everyone who doesn't agree with you/pay more than what YOU think it's worth is stupid.
Why in the world do you keep bringing up Skryim CE and other game's btw? They are exactly that, OTHER GAME'S... Bojay said the bag is worth a couple dollar's at best well I proved him wrong... I could give a fuck what YOU think something is worth, when people are paying a certain amount for something, THAT IS WHAT IT IS WORTH, that is it's market value, my entire point if you chose to listen is that this has a MARKET VALUE of around what gamestop is selling it for right now, if you think that they are going to drop to $60 one day I can GUARENTEE reseller's would keep that from happening, they would buy TONS of these (Perhap's not the PC version as much), gut them, and sell them themselves...

I think this is the single nuttiest defense of a game I've ever seen and I spend a lot of time on GFaqs and neogaf.

[quote name='Vader582']Surely you jest!? :lol:
Here's a thought:
Everyone who's not interested in this game, at this price, gtfo.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I wondered why he was here, personally I bought this when the 25NOW code still worked for those few precious hours, came to be $103 or so with tax, and I consider that a very good value on it. This was one of the few CE/LE/UE whatever editions, that I could actually find some value in besides a statue and an artbook that every game uses as a cookie cutter CE.

[quote name='Kecir12']I think this is the single nuttiest defense of a game I've ever seen and I spend a lot of time on GFaqs and neogaf.[/QUOTE]
I'm not defending the game, as much as I'm surprised people actually think think the ultimate edition will drop so low.
They have not given one good excuse as to why this would happen besides their OWN personal opinion, maybe if game stop was only trying to sell the game to THEM and NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD (Including "stupid" people who will UNDOUBTEDLY make up a part of the sales). THEN I could see this dropping. Instead people kept bringing up Star war's, and Skyrim, and Ninja Gaiden 3.

I'm done responding, I got my point across, but furthermore, I let myself get baited into an argument and although I'm pretty sure some people sat there with popcorn and enjoyed the show, I'm also sure some people didn't want to see two people fight like a couple drunken hobo's, and for those people I apologize. If people hold off on the $130 price atleast for a short while I'm pretty sure Gamestop will have another xx% off of new item's soon, first it was 15%, then 20%, then 25%

Last edited by a moderator:
They bring them up because they are valid points. The Old Republic especially. Give it a couple more months and if there are a ton of CEs collecting dust you can bet your ass their price will go down big time.

[quote name='Kecir12']They bring them up because they are valid points. The Old Republic especially. Give it a couple more months and if there are a ton of CEs collecting dust you can bet your ass their price will go down big time.[/QUOTE]

The difference here, that no one seems to be accounting for, is that the Ultimate Edition is a GS exclusive. This is not the SWTOR or Skyrim CE sets that were easily found and aplenty. How many of these did they make? Do you know? I don't. I would bet that the numbers are fewer than the Skyrim and SWTOR sets however. Personally, the closest and only set near me in-store, is still 2.5 hours away.

Using stock manipulation tricks 2/3 of the GS Exclusive CE (PS3/360) have less then 500 units left through Gamestop.com.

Edit: But then again we had people saying TWD (Tell Tale) CE would clearance out at some ridiculous price too.... and we know how that worked out.

just to clarify, i was talking about the Collectors edition that is readily available at most all retailers that sells it. Not the gs ultimate exclusive edition.

bread's done
Back