Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/5 to 5/11) 2 for $70 at Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#151 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

how often does the 3DS XL sink below $179?

Maybe every couple of months it drops to $159.99 at stores. Based on a quick google search Mar 24 3ds XLs where that price at Target and last December at Best Buy.

#152 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy knocks $20 off the 3DS and 3DS XL and $5 off LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.

Posted Image Kmart discounts Bioshock Infinite & Gears of War Judgement to $44.99, Injustice, Tiger Woods 14, and Army of Two are $39.99 each.

Posted Image Target takes $10 off on any game $49.99+ when you pre-order Call Of Duty: Ghosts for $1. Get Nintendoland free with a Wii U Basic purchase.

Posted Image Toys R Us is holding a 2 for $70 Sale on Select 360 & PS3 Games (Injustice, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider & More), a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on all Skylanders figures and accessories, and a buy 1, get 1 40% off sale on all games $19.99 and under.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, fantasyphil - See post here

:3ds: Save $20 on 3DS and 3DS XL ($150 for 3DS $180 for 3DS XL)
:3ds: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $14.99
Posted Image Save $20 on Black Ops, Black Ops 2, and MW3
:ps3: Wonderbook: Book of Spells $7.99

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 5/7

:360::ps3: 30% bonus trade credit when you trade-in towards a used game/accessory purchase
:360: GoW: Judgement $49.99
:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Rockstar Games Collection $39.99
Free Skylanders SideKick with $19.98+ Skylanders Purchase

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz - See Post here

• Buy a $25 Kmart gift card and Get a $5 Kmart award card. *SYWR members get $2 in points*
  • Buy 2 $50 Visa gift cards and Get a $10 Kmart award card. *SYWR members get $2 in points*
Quote:
Award card redeemable 5/13/13 - 5/18/13. Limit 2 per customer. The AD also mentions SYWR members are given surprise points redeemable during this week, so check your account on shopyourway.com on Sunday.

:360::ps3: Bioshock Infinite $44.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $39.99
:360::ps3: Army of Two Devils Cartel $39.99
:360::ps3: Injustice Gods Among Us $39.99
:360: Gears of War Judgement $44.99

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Console $179.99
:360: Turtle Beach X12 Headset $49.99
:ds: Nintendo DSi $99.99 *SYWR members get $10 in points*
:ds: Super Mario 64 DS $29.99

SYWR members get $0.30 off per gallon on gas at BP when you spend more than $50.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Deader2818 - See post here

:360::ps3: Save $10 on any game $49.99+ when you Pre-order Call Of Duty Ghosts for $1
:wii:U Free Nintendoland when you buy a Wii U basic.

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, GBAstar - See post here

:360::ps3: 2 for $70 Sale on Select 360 & PS3 Games (Injustice, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider & More)
Posted Image Buy 1, get 1 50% off on all Skylanders figures and accessories
Posted Image Buy 1, get 1 40% off on all games $19.99 and under

Edited by CheapyD, 06 May 2013 - 01:53 AM.
added kmart

#153 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Well damn if I needed any games that 2 for 70 isn't THAT bad. And maybe it loads with store coupons perhaps/

And maybe Price Match?

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#154 JimmyJim

JimmyJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Kmart's electronic area is dark and scary....
I only go for the "Basic Editions" T-shirts they sell
I've smash'd insects more evil!

#155 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Kmart's electronic area is dark and scary....
I only go for the "Basic Editions" T-shirts they sell

Seriously, its the reason why I never I go there for games. It looks so abandoned and outdated.

#156 dablackmamba

dablackmamba

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart price matches '2 for' deals as in matching TRU's 2 for $70. I have a gift card I want to unload on Injustice and Tomb Raider.

dablackmamba.png

#157 CheapAssAsian

CheapAssAsian

Go WildCAGs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Maybe every couple of months it drops to $159.99 at stores. Based on a quick google search Mar 24 3ds XLs where that price at Target and last December at Best Buy.

Hmm, if that trend continues, it should drop again next month in time for animal crossing. But given that there will be a special edition bundle, I doubt the regular XLs would go on sale :(

#158 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

that's the cheapest i've seen god of war ascension

i like the other god of war games, anybody think this one is worth it at that price?

I bought it at full price...still regretting it. By far the weakest entry in the series (I have played them all even the PSP ones). Multiplayer is interesting but did not keep me coming back. I think that 20 would be a fair price and it will get there eventually.

this seems to be the opinion of most

but i wonder if it's really the worst, or if people just hate it the most because it's the latest game in a series many feel is getting old and repetitive

Full Disclosure: I'm not a big fan of the hack-n-slash genre; God of War III + the PSP games (played on the PS3) are pretty much my only exposure to it.

I'm not sure how innovative you can get when your entire series' gameplay mechanic is based on "kill things via button-combos and QTE's", and your entire plot consists of "angry dude goes and kills whatever is pissing him off (and whoever/whatever else gets in his way)".

Once you get used to the new weapon system , the combat is still the same gore-fest.

Story-wise, they try to draw you in via the "missing memory" plot device. But it's still very much "Kratos goes here and does that in the pursuit of his goal."

tldr; God of War III is probably more memorable and more "epic". IMO, GoW:A is a rental unless you really want to play the MP (which requires an online pass). Full Disclosure: I didn't play any of the GoW:A multiplayer. Oops!

#159 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Full Disclosure: I'm not a big fan of the hack-n-slash genre; God of War III + the PSP games (played on the PS3) are pretty much my only exposure to it.

I'm not sure how innovative you can get when your entire series' gameplay mechanic is based on "kill things via button-combos and QTE's", and your entire plot consists of "angry dude goes and kills whatever is pissing him off (and whoever/whatever else gets in his way)".

Once you get used to the new weapon system , the combat is still the same gore-fest.

Story-wise, they try to draw you in via the "missing memory" plot device. But it's still very much "Kratos goes here and does that in the pursuit of his goal."

tldr; God of War III is probably more memorable and more "epic". IMO, GoW:A is a rental unless you really want to play the MP (which requires an online pass). Full Disclosure: I didn't play any of the GoW:A multiplayer. Oops!

amazing use of spoilers lol

#160 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

50% TIV bonus @ BestBuy till 6/1 per in-store signage

#161 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart price matches '2 for' deals as in matching TRU's 2 for $70. I have a gift card I want to unload on Injustice and Tomb Raider.

http://corporate.wal...match-guarantee
PM'ing at walmart has always been a pain they make up excuses like "there's no reason for that store to have that game that cheap" or "that deal is too good". They also try the "must have ad" nonsense even though right at every register is says "We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad."

I have better luck getting BB to pm something against their polciy then getting walmart to match correctly per theirs. So I took my walmart GC & got pre-paid visa then went across the parking lot to BB & pm'd PC Richard's there & got RZ pts to boot.

#162 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Can anyone post a link that has proof injustice is also on sale for the ps3 at kmart? Im looking online and it only shows that the 360 version is on sale.

#163 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

Can anyone post a link that has proof injustice is also on sale for the ps3 at kmart? Im looking online and it only shows that the 360 version is on sale.

can't get the price online since it's not available their site sucks

http://www.kmart.com...es_prod=2101266

#164 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I picked up the flame red 3DS at best buy, but man..can't decide if I wanna swap it for the XL. I'll play it on occasion so $50 less is appealing. Then again if I keep it awhile, what's $50 in the long run?

#165 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Shame that Bioshock Infinite isn't part of the TrU deal or I'd go pick up that and Injustice. Oh well, I'm sure that Bioshock Infinite will be in the $20s pretty soon. Seems like a game that probably sold all it was going to sell at the $40+ mark in the first 2-3 weeks.

#166 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

can't get the price online since it's not available their site sucks

http://www.kmart.com...es_prod=2101266

Just got back from BB and i was denied. Showed them the weekly ad from my phone and since the boxart of the game was for 360 (along with the other titles shown) they proclaimed that the sale was 360 only, even though the words, "For ps3 aswell" were written right below. So now I ask my fellow CAG's to help me out. Can anyone hook me up with their injustice $10 off RZ coupon, IF they don't plan on using it (online only would be helpful, since I still get physical copies of the mag)?

#167 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

Just got back from BB and i was denied. Showed them the weekly ad from my phone and since the boxart of the game was for 360 (along with the other titles shown) they proclaimed that the sale was 360 only, even though the words, "For ps3 aswell" were written right below. So now I ask my fellow CAG's to help me out. Can anyone hook me up with their injustice $10 off RZ coupon, IF they don't plan on using it (online only would be helpful, since I still get physical copies of the mag)?

You're better off PMing next week when BB has it on sale for $50. Stack it with your physical @Gamer $10 coupon and it'll get it down to $40 with less hassle.

#168 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

You're better off PMing next week when BB has it on sale for $50. Stack it with your physical @Gamer $10 coupon and it'll get it down to $40 with less hassle.

yeah, that's what I was planning on doing. That's why Im asking for someone to give me their online coupon.

#169 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Here's how yu get around the 1 system ad...
1 - Purchase the item on the system you can via pm & get a gift receipt
2 - Bring the game back & request an EVEN EXCHANGE w/the gift receipt
Takes 2 trips(or 2 stores) but gets it done with little hassle might help you in the future.

Edited by Enuf, 09 May 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#170 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

i got the 360 version of injustice with god of war

the ad only had ps3 version of injustice being eligible for this deal but in store had the sticker "buy 2 for $70" for the 360 version

#171 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

the ad only had ps3 version of injustice being eligible for this deal but in store had the sticker "buy 2 for $70" for the 360 version

I can't recall TRU ever limiting a sale to a specific platform before.

#172 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

I can't recall TRU ever limiting a sale to a specific platform before.

i thought it was weird too, but people were saying that only the ps3 version of injustice was eligible for the sale

plus online it didn't have the sale listed under the 360 version

#173 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Shelve tags usually are in front of all eligble games & they're usually more detailed than the ad

#174 gamecube ichiban

gamecube ichiban

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Shelve tags usually are in front of all eligble games & they're usually more detailed than the ad

oh, cool.
I wanted Injustice for 360 as well, but from the ad I'd assumed it was only PS3.

Will run by TRU after work tonight and get Tomb Raider and Injustice.

#175 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

anyone think Tomb Raider will be less than $35 before June? Might pick up two at TRU

#176 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I know I missed the boat on 3DS XL a month ago, but some WM in STL still had the MK 7 bundle and I was able to PM no problems.

Used my $40 trade of Far Cry 3 to Amazon to buy Fire Emblem so I'm all set.

#177 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

I only remember it dropping the one time to $160 at Target the last week of March. The 3DS XL has only been out since August.

Seems like $180 is usually as low as it goes.

#178 neonon19s

neonon19s

Gotta Catch 'em All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

How quickly do the Army of Two games drop? Anyone remember about the first 2.

Im thinking about getting the Army of Two: Devils Cartel and MLB 13 the Show for $70

#179 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Probably too late for most people, but the $10 off Skylanders 3-packs combines with the B1G1 50% off, so you get 6 figures for $22.50. Cashier was confused why it was so cheap.