Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Disney Infinity Sidekicks 3-pack listed at 12.99 @ Best Buy (pre order)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 SumPro

SumPro

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

How are you going to manage that?

lol I have no Idea but lets look at my last budget of $250 for a 3DS and games (Prices include tax)

3DS XL $165.xx (Target Deal)
Luigis Mansion $22.xx (Kmart Deal)
Super Mario Land 3D (Free Promotion)
Zelda OoT 3D $13.xx (Target Clearance)
Kingdom Hearts 3DS $0 (Trade-in Credit $30 at Best Buy for COD BO II)
Resident Evil: Revelations $13.xx (Used remaining $8.xx on BB gc)
Castlevania 3DS $3.xx (Target Clearance)
Mario Blue 3DS XL case $3.xx (Toys r Us deal)
*3DS eshop ($20 for $10)
*Pushmo 4.99
*Nano Assualt EX $9.99
*3D Classic Kirby $4.99
3D Kid Icurus (Registered Points)
3D Excitebike (Registered Points)
Kirby's Pinball Land (Registered Points)

All of this for $229.xx out of pocket cash. (includes tax)
Thinking of picking up Starfox 3DS for 19.99 Kmart Have repeated emails for shop rewards discount which will bring it down to about $16.xx on the fence still.

Edited by SumPro, 07 May 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#32 Diggeh

Diggeh

Deals on wheels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

You actually won't be able to do that without being in the game's Toy Boy Mode which is basically the "create mode."

The designers claimed that "putting tracks for the Cars characters in every world would be silly", and that "playing as Mr. Incredible in Pirates of the Caribbean ruins immersion".

True, but for comparison's sake you can bust out any Skylander in any level without any silly restrictions. I know they chose to make it so that characters can only interact in their own worlds and that they can only interact with other franchises in Toy Box mode, but it's still ridiculous. Disney is notoriously restrictive with their franchises.

Personally I want to see Ralph wreck some Omnidroids, Davy Jones brawling through the Lone Ranger playset, and Jack Skellington clambering through Monsters University.

#33 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Well, wasn't planning on this before because of the price, but price mistakes fix that.

#34 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

we should all report this to amazon and hope they match. amazon wont cancel any order

#35 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

INFINITY Villains seems to be another 3-pack on GameStop. Best Buy doesn't seem to have it.
(Davy Jones, Randall, Syndrome)

This also is making me second-guess the pre-ordering of Davy Jones as my bonus from Amazon if I can get it in that combo pack.

#36 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Ordered one, thanks!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#37 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

If there were characters I am interested in, I would jump on this deal, but as it is, I'll pass for now. I'm waiting for some classic Disney or at least the good Pixar. I'll take Nightmare Before Christmas as well!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#38 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

I thought they said they would have pre built levels for other characters to come into apart from the create mode. I have seen couple of articles on the same. Like a race car track and 2d Smash Bros style levels already edited. I am looking at the prices too.

#39 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Awesome, still the same price this morning! Just ordered a pack hoping that the price wasn't corrected over night. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#40 imirish11

imirish11

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Likely a price mistake...the price has been $12.99 for several weeks, but still worth a shot since the singles will be $12.99.

#41 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

They seriously want to charge $12.99 for a single character? That's insane, am I missing something here?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#42 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

They seriously want to charge $12.99 for a single character? That's insane, am I missing something here?

I'm sure people will buy them. If I end up getting this for my kids I will wait this time until there are lots of loose ones on ebay for cheap. If anything they'll want Skylanders Swap Force much more than Disney Infinity.

#43 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'm sure people will buy them. If I end up getting this for my kids I will wait this time until there are lots of loose ones on ebay for cheap. If anything they'll want Skylanders Swap Force much more than Disney Infinity.

Since me and my son are done with both Skylanders games. I was hoping Swap Force would come out before his September 24th birthday. Since it is not we figured we would get him the starter pack and it would be easy b-days gifts for family and schoolmates to each get him a $12.99 figure for Infinity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#44 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Skylanders was 9.99 for regular figure and 14.99 for the giants figure. I can see the extra 3 for each figure becaues it's Disney charectors.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Skylanders was 9.99 for regular figure and 14.99 for the giants figure. I can see the extra 3 for each figure becaues it's Disney charectors.

Wow, I thought the original Skylanders were $8 each. No clue about the giants, I decided I was done with the series after the first game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#46 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Skylanders go on sale all the time, they aren't selling in my area, well some of them are but they definitely are not flying off the shelves as they should be, so I would expect more sales on skylanders after this hits. I prefer the skylanders franchise since I am not really interested in Disney stuff.

#47 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

with this, skylanders and pokemon rumble u we are going to be flooded with toy based games. can wait to see the weekly toys r us ads when all three are out lol
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#48 gotee12

gotee12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

I bit on the deal but with my Amazon preorder, I received a promo coupon for a free figure. I used the code for Mike Wazowski, which I'm now also getting in this set. I contacted Amazon and they are not able to change the figure associated with the promo. Guess I'll try to swap the promo Mike at a Walmart or something for in-store credit towards a different figure...

#49 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I would be so happy if they released a Figment figure.

#50 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

Skylanders go on sale all the time, they aren't selling in my area, well some of them are but they definitely are not flying off the shelves as they should be, so I would expect more sales on skylanders after this hits.

I'm guessing stores over order the figures thinking they would sell out like the first set. Only issue I have with the sieres 2 is majority of them are repeats of the first sieres with no additional moves and in different pose. Not digging what they're doing with the 3rd installment.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

I bit on the deal but with my Amazon preorder, I received a promo coupon for a free figure. I used the code for Mike Wazowski, which I'm now also getting in this set. I contacted Amazon and they are not able to change the figure associated with the promo. Guess I'll try to swap the promo Mike at a Walmart or something for in-store credit towards a different figure...

Why don't you just cancel and replace the order? That's what I did.

#52 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm guessing stores over order the figures thinking they would sell out like the first set. Only issue I have with the sieres 2 is majority of them are repeats of the first sieres with no additional moves and in different pose. Not digging what they're doing with the 3rd installment.

Yeah I didn't buy this stuff till amazon had that big sale over Easter and I got the giants starter pack for $37 so I have mostly S2 figures except for the 3 in the spyo's starter set. I used a $50 ebay coupon I had to buy the Spyro starter. The good thing is you only need one of each element to play the whole game and i am finding a lot of value in being able to use the figures on different platforms, especially the 2 iOS games I got for free. I don't see myself buying any more Skylanders until they are on deep discount though, as I feel no need to collect them all and I already have the 9 elements. I also picked up the 2 3DS games which are totally different games and a 3DS portal for cheap on eBay and I am now using my figures with those as well so I have 4 games to play. I likely won't buy the 3rd game unless they are pretty cheap and my figures can be used with it in conjunction with the starter pack to play the whole game. These games aren't worth $75 a pop.

I am not seeing any reason to buy the s2 figures if you already have the S1 figures unless you really have to have them all, in fact it actually seems to hinder progress in the game as if you are focusing on fewer characters they will level up faster and it will be easier to collect enough gold to get all their abilities. If you have to level 24 figures vs 9 you will have 24 underpowered figures which seems less productive unless you spend some serious time grinding for gold.

#53 io

io

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

OK, I ordered this just in case, even though I told myself no way would I be getting into this quagmire ;).

However, Best Buy has some 'splaining to do. This is a preorder that doesn't come out until August - yet they charged my CC for the full amount up front. What gives? I'm used to that when ordering with store credit (at Gamestop or Amazon) but I always though credit card preorders weren't charged until shipment?

#54 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

OK, park park Lastred this just in case, even though I told myself no way would I be getting into this quagmire ;).

However, Best Buy has some 'splaining to do. This is a preorder that doesn't come out until August - yet they charged my CC for the full amount up front. What gives? I'm used to that when ordering with store credit (at Gamestop or Amazon) but I always though credit card preorders weren't charged until shipment?

True that. ... on both partsr

#55 gotee12

gotee12

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:30 AM

Why don't you just cancel and replace the order? That's what I did.

I feel like an idiot now.

#56 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

I would be so happy if they released a Figment figure.

Only if the Dreamfinder is added as well! ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#57 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Grabbed this, fiancee loved playing Disney Universe and she's a Disney junkie. So this was easy. I'll pre-order at BB and grab Dash as her pre-order character.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#58 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Resisting this one and that nagging feeling I'll regret it later.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#59 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Bringing this thread back to life!

I just noticed the hold on my credit card wasn't there anymore, so I figured they caught on and cancelled the order. When I check BB, I saw it is back up to $29.99. However, my order is "Still in Process" but with a price of $13.90. I can care less for the extra dollar because it's still a good deal, but can they raise the price like that? I'm just worried that they will charge me the full amount when it is released, which at that point I'll just cancel the order and wait for a deal.
Posted Image

#60 io

io

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Bringing this thread back to life!

I just noticed the hold on my credit card wasn't there anymore, so I figured they caught on and cancelled the order. When I check BB, I saw it is back up to $29.99. However, my order is "Still in Process" but with a price of $13.90. I can care less for the extra dollar because it's still a good deal, but can they raise the price like that? I'm just worried that they will charge me the full amount when it is released, which at that point I'll just cancel the order and wait for a deal.

Interesting - I'll have to check my order out.

But be careful with open Best Buy orders. There was a big game clearance event a few years back and I had some open orders with backordered games on them. Before eventually canceling those, one of the items that had shipped to me already went up in price and I was stunned that they actually charged my CC for the difference! I straightened that out with a phone call, but just beware that open orders at Best Buy are an "issue" and you need to keep an eye on them.

Edit: Mine is still $12.99...

Edited by io, 20 May 2013 - 07:57 PM.