[Newegg] [PC] Venetica, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Mass Effect 3 - FREE After $10 Rebate

hatback

CAGiversary!
3 PC Games (Venetica, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Gold Compilation Pack, and Mass Effect 3) - FREE After $10 Rebate + Free Shipping @ Newegg.com

Venetica (PC)
$10.00 - $10 Rebate = FREE

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Gold Compilation Pack (PC)
Note: Only Includes "Soaked!" expansion pack, for both (+"Wild!"), get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum (NOT FREE)

Mass Effect 3 (PC)

Limit 1 Per Household For Each Title

Rebates are valid 05/07/13 to 05/08/13

Thanks for the heads up. Got ME3 with a rebate card I received last time they had one of these deals.

Thanks hatback. Picked up all three.

It's worth noting that Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Gold appears to be inferior to Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum in that it's missing the expansion "Wild!". But free is free, right?

[quote name='The End']Thanks hatback. Picked up all three.

It's worth noting that Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Gold appears to be inferior to Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum in that it's missing the expansion "Wild!". But free is free, right?[/QUOTE]

Wait, really? Well damn, I'm out!

If you bought all three would you need to submit three separate claim forms?

I shop a lot at Staples and I'm spoiled by how easy their online rebates submission is. I really afraid I"ll end up forgetting to mail the claim forms in on these and they aren't games that really excite me.

[quote name='GBAstar']If you bought all three would you need to submit three separate claim forms?

I shop a lot at Staples and I'm spoiled by how easy their online rebates submission is. I really afraid I"ll end up forgetting to mail the claim forms in on these and they aren't games that really excite me.[/QUOTE]

They all need to be mailed separately with their own printed form yes.

I still have not received my rebates from the last deal and i'm positive i filled out all the forms correctly. I did get that totalwhatever software rebate really fast that everyone said never pays.

In for ME3.

I just got all of my rebates last week from last sale. You have to send in a separate envelope with each game.

Sometimes these rebates take forever, but it's a nice little surprise in the mail when you finally get them. Mass Effect 3, you are mine.

I was a huge fan of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2. How is 3? Thinking about picking it up... but won't waste my time if it's not all that fun. Any thoughts?

I really hate the "free" wording with stuff like this. It's not free unless is literally refunded to my card. A "rebate card" that I may or may not receive and have to spend on something else to use =/= free. It's $10 with a $10 credit towards something else in the store.

Sorry about the rant but came in thinking the games were actually free...

[quote name='JKSonic']I really hate the "free" wording with stuff like this. It's not free unless is literally refunded to my card. A "rebate card" that I may or may not receive and have to spend on something else to use =/= free. It's $10 with a $10 credit towards something else in the store.

Sorry about the rant but came in thinking the games were actually free...[/QUOTE]

If you shop from them often, it makes it feel free. Or unless you can use the card anywhere like TigerDirect CC rebate card they give. Which I used on this deal :D

[quote name='Dezuria']I enjoyed Venetica a lot. Pretty good 3rd person action-rpg.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. Went ahead and grabbed it now I hope I don't forget to fill out the rebate form in time. :D

Looks to me like the rebate card is a regular Visa prepaid card which can be used anywhere.

[quote name='DeathDream']If you shop from them often, it makes it feel free. Or unless you can use the card anywhere like TigerDirect CC rebate card they give. Which I used on this deal :D[/QUOTE]

True but it's still an issue of having to buy something else. And even if that $10 card makes another purchase free, then you still paid $10 initially and it was the second item that was free :cool:

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, it's a GREAT deal...it's just not free.

The card you receive can be used anywhere, even for groceries. And it's easy to split your bill between two cards. So unless you plan on never buying anything at all anymore after ordering, it is indeed free. Well, technically it's not free, it costs the price of a stamp.

Got my rebate from Mafia II in the last round from Newegg 2 weeks ago without any problems and used it to buy an amazon GC for myself - one of the many ways in which to use these cards.

I bought one even though I already have it for the xbox. Thanks OP.
I plan on giving this to a friend I have in the UK, will it work or are the Origin codes region locked?

[quote name='slidecage']Says FREE SHIPPING on roller but then charges me 5 bucks[/QUOTE]

Same here... then I clicked the free shipping option.

[quote name='JamesJoyce']The card you receive can be used anywhere, even for groceries. And it's easy to split your bill between two cards. So unless you plan on never buying anything at all anymore after ordering, it is indeed free. Well, technically it's not free, it costs the price of a stamp.

Got my rebate from Mafia II in the last round from Newegg 2 weeks ago without any problems and used it to buy an amazon GC for myself - one of the many ways in which to use these cards.[/QUOTE]

It's still not free, haha...the OTHER item you buy is then free. If you get a $10 rebate card and use it on $10 worth of groceries to make them free...THEY ARE FREE but you STILL PAID $10 initially and NEVER GOT THAT BACK.

This is more like a "buy one get one" type deal than anything since you pay $10 and get $10. When you do a bogo deal do you call THAT free?... ... ......?

[quote name='Dezuria']I enjoyed Venetica a lot. Pretty good 3rd person action-rpg.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I enjoyed Venetica quite a bit and thought it was well done, with a different setting and protagonist. The art style may not be everyone's cup of tea, it's a bit whimsical and Disney-esque, but the game is a solid action RPG with some choice and consequence and voice acting is decent too.

It's worth noting that it just got Greenlit for Steam so it should be coming there soon. I think the likelihood of getting a Steam key for buying this boxed retail version is very low considering on Steam it's being published by the original European publisher DTP while this one that Newegg is selling boxed retail is published by Atari.

Anyway free is free.

Personally, I liked the game so much I will probably rebuy it once it gets added to Steam and goes on sale. I'm hoping for achievements but we'll see I guess.

Thanks! Got ME3 with the $10 rebate card I got last month from Newegg for getting Mafia II for free after a $10 rebate. I think I see a pattern here...

Looks like the venetica rebate is a new rebate with different dates, so if you picked it up before you can grab a second copy.

[quote name='JKSonic']It's still not free, haha...the OTHER item you buy is then free. If you get a $10 rebate card and use it on $10 worth of groceries to make them free...THEY ARE FREE but you STILL PAID $10 initially and NEVER GOT THAT BACK.

This is more like a "buy one get one" type deal than anything since you pay $10 and get $10. When you do a bogo deal do you call THAT free?... ... ......?[/QUOTE]

So you pay $10 and get $10 back. How much is that out of your pocket? $0. How much is $0? Free.

Next you will say it is not since you have to pay for a stamp to mail out the rebate. Look, we just have to agree this is a great deal and move on.

In for Mass Effect 3. Got thee first two on Steam, but didn't buy 3 because screw Origin. For free,though, I can't complain.

[quote name='SDC']In for Mass Effect 3. Got thee first two on Steam, but didn't buy 3 because screw Origin. For free,though, I can't complain.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I got the first two for $5 each on Steam and have been waiting for a similar deal on 3.

[quote name='JKSonic']True but it's still an issue of having to buy something else.[/QUOTE]
You're always buying something else, otherwise, what is the point of having money to begin with?

[quote name='JKSonic']And even if that $10 card makes another purchase free, then you still paid $10 initially and it was the second item that was free :cool:[/QUOTE]

I can see what you are trying to get at but your logic is flawed. It makes both purchases free in the end. Not one. You are just converting your cash to credit, not losing $10 all together. Otherwise rebates would be pointless.

Edit: In my case - I'm converting from Cash to Credit to Credit again. It's still a value of $10.

[quote name='DeathDream']
I can see what you are trying to get at but your logic is flawed. It makes both purchases free in the end. Not one. You are just converting your cash to credit, not losing $10 all together.
[/QUOTE]

Wait now, that doesn't make sense either. When both purchases are made, you have still spent $10. Let's say for the sake of argument you just bought a $10 item with the $10 rebate card you initially got by getting a game for $10.
If both purchases were free, you would have spent $0. But you didn't. You spent $10. Whether you want the game to be free, or the item you used the $10 card on to be free, only ONE of those things is free. The other you actually spent the $10 on.

it is still a great deal, but c'mon now.

Used the rebate card I got from Mafia 2 on Mass Effect 3. I've now gotten all three games in the series for free, after that Origin snafu last year. Thanks OP.

Sucks to be out of the country, I'd have jumped in Rollercoaster Tycoon and I guess ME 3, even though I didn't get beyond the 1st level of ME 2.

[quote name='Squarehard']If only I didn't have to pay tax then this would truly be "free". :*([/QUOTE]

Support your government! :D

With tax and postage for the rebate, it comes out to about $1.50 a game for me. RCT3 Platinum seems to go on sale for $5 every now and then on Amazon. Anyone know if the extra expansion would be worth the extra couple bucks?

Hey guys,

I am a nubie PC gamer.

I bought a bunch of brand new PC games lately and haven't opened them yet because I am getting a new PC next year.

The games include: Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Diablo And Starcraft battlechests, Civilization 5 and Witcher 1.

Do these codes expire?

Also, if I register the games on my current PC, can I use the game on my new computer when I get it next year?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Doh, I missed out on ME3 after much hesitation. Then again, it's only "free" if you find something else on Newegg with that $10 card. :(

[quote name='Biskmatar100']Doh, I missed out on ME3 after much hesitation. Then again, it's only "free" if you find something else on Newegg with that $10 card. :([/QUOTE]

No, it's a general-use Visa prepaid card. Good most anywhere you can use Visa. It does not have to be spent at Newegg. So, yes, outside the cost of a stamp and the time to submit it is free.

Thanks for posting this deal, OP. I grabbed all three games.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Is there any sort of DRM on Rollercoaster Tycoon? Or better yet, does it activate on anything? (Steam/GOG/Origin?)[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, all PC versions of RCT3 I've seen selling around lately have been DRM free while all the Mac versions have been Steamworks. See Gamersgate for example. http://www.gamersgate.com/games?q=RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Most likely it's DRM free and no activation key for any particular service.

[quote name='gilby']No, it's a general-use Visa prepaid card. Good most anywhere you can use Visa. It does not have to be spent at Newegg. So, yes, outside the cost of a stamp and the time to submit it is free.

Thanks for posting this deal, OP. I grabbed all three games.[/QUOTE]

Is that so? Well, consider me a fool. :x

bread's done
Back